[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit guys this game is fun.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
Holy shit guys this game is fun.
>>
>>2789123
Damn right it is. Treasure does no wrong.
>>
Yeah it's a great game. I just wish it didn't have the McDonald's license so I wouldn't feel so ashamed about having it on my shelf.
>>
File: M.C._Kids_NES_ScreenShot4.jpg (15 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
M.C._Kids_NES_ScreenShot4.jpg
15 KB, 256x224
M.C. Kids is also actually pretty fun despite being McD-licensed
>>
>>2789685
Bangai-O Spirits, Gunstar Super Heroes and Guardian Heroes advance would like you have a world with you. But in general yes, Treasure is one of the most consistently excellent game developers of all time.
>>
>>2789882

Those games you listed are only "wrong" if you compare them to their predecessors, on their own they're still good games.

inb4 STG autists saying ikaruga is shit
>>
>>2789885
I would say they're not just not great compared to the originals, they're also not great in their own right. They're not trash, but they're certainly not up to the level of their typical quality.

And yes, this probably means soon the resident STG troll will show up and get all pissed off because people like Ikargua.
>>
>>2789123
I don't know why, but while playing this I suddenly have a craving for a McRib.
>>
>>2789885
>>2789891
ikaruga is the god damn shit, and while i'm some shmup autist i've played a lot of them since i was a little kid. ikaruga is the best one i've ever played (in my opinion).
>>
>>2789935
Seek help.
>>
McDonald's shill is obvious :D
>>
>>2789123
If it wasn't made by treasure everyone would say it's a mediocre by the numbers platformer which it is but alas it's made by treasure so lets all pretend its good.
>>
>>2789987
I'll be the first to say that it isn't near Treasure's most unique offerings, because it was mostly done to pay the bills. But it's still more fun than most of the offerings like it.
>>
>>2789947
>ikaruga is the god damn shit, and while i'm some shmup autist i've played a lot of them since i was a little kid. ikaruga is the best one i've ever played (in my opinion).
No one who is a shmup fanatic of any competent calibre claims Ikaruga is the best they've ever played, stop downloading opinions from ign.
>>
>>2789987

I think it has more to do that you'd expect a shitty LJN-tier shovelware from a McD game, and instead Treasure Land is pretty good on the same vein of other Konami platformers of the time.

>>2789879 this game is also pretty good despite being a McD game, and it isn't by Treasure.
>>
>>2789123
My friend forced me to play this in college and I really enjoyed it. Thanks, Dom.
>>
File: 1447131623440.jpg (5 KB, 204x200) Image search: [Google]
1447131623440.jpg
5 KB, 204x200
>>2789992
>>
File: Ir905bR.gif (595 KB, 460x600) Image search: [Google]
Ir905bR.gif
595 KB, 460x600
>>2789992
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.