[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legend of Heroes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_Heroes
This seems to be one of the longest running RPG franchises but it rarely seems to get mentioned here.
Out of the five retro parts, four are available in English.

I've started playing the Megadrive port of the first game since it looks the most advanced and is no feature to transfer characters to 2 in any of the other platforms.
>>
>>2789115
I've not played the games but my exposure to the series is this track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmY7sd3-0dI

I should definitely get involved. All the music as good as this?
>>
>>2789115
Maybe because most of the ones released here are not retro?
>>
>>2789115
My favorite by falcom is still Y's.
>>
>>2789115
The Iselhas duology really deserves a remake on the level of Oath in Felghana (or at least I/II Chronicles). Shin Eiyuu Densetsu was a light jab at this by Falcom in the early Windows days, but not enough. Gagharv deserves more attention honestly, since that provides the base for the Trails games (White Witch is a fairly influential JRPG standalone).
>>
>>2789115
Aside from any value judgement, the name is comically generic
>>
>>2789115
>but it rarely seems to get mentioned here.
Because unlike other Falcom RPGs like Xanadu, Brandish or Vantage Master it's a rather forgettable series.

What surprises me most though is how lacking the PSP remakes are, worse than the original ones by miles on almost every aspect. And that's weird considering their remakes of Brandish and the Vantage Master enhanced port are quite good.
Baffling.
>>
>>2789163
Namco did the Gagharv remakes on PSP while Falcom did the other ones (after conducting a poll where fans could decide which old, overlooked series deserved remakes/new installments). So the circumstances are different already. Also, Gagharv isn't forgotten in Japan, not at all; the first two games did play a role in helping Falcom's audience grow, too. Vantage Master's mostly brought up on our side because it's got an English freeware version you can easily download.
>>
>>2789176
>Namco did the Gagharv remakes on PSP
I see, that explains a lot.
>Also, Gagharv isn't forgotten in Japan, not at all
Neither is Tengai Makyou IV, and yet it's a boring and mechanically uninteresting game, just like Final Fantasy IV.
That's just my opinion anyway, I just think Falcom did much better and more interesting games than the LoH series, which is an average run of the mill RPG if not for a few things like having no battle transitions, which was kinda rare for its time.
>>
File: 141000975.jpg (59 KB, 384x326) Image search: [Google]
141000975.jpg
59 KB, 384x326
I got the Saturn port of the third one (White Witch) when it came out and played a ways into it, but got a bit bored and stopped.
Been meaning to give it another chance.
>>
Odd to have levels directly mentioned in conversations. Normally you get a more roundabout way like "You have to get stronger first".
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.