[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can we get SEGA to release this on a digital service with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (155 KB, 280x278) Image search: [Google]
file.png
155 KB, 280x278
How can we get SEGA to release this on a digital service with some fixes for modern systems?
>>
Nobody cares about on-rail shooters anymore.
Modern games like /v/ would heavily complain about how it looks like shit and how it's so old, and it wouldn't sell.

Speaking of PD, I bought the Sega Ages version for PS2, it was a disappointment really, it controls like ass, but at least it has the pandora's box extras from PDII.
>>
>>2788535
Panzer Dragoon Orta on Xbox has a port of the PC version of the original if you play 5 hours/beat the game. I've only ever played PD1 and Orta. I'd like to see all the games re-released somewhere.

I got PD1 running on my PC, but it had no music and I couldn't fix it. Music is so good.
>>
>>2788532
I have a magnet for that OP, if you are interested.
>>
>>2788562
I did download it before, Like I said. I just had issues with it on 7 (On my Vista machine from years ago it worked fine)

I'd like to see it updated with fixes and release somewhere officially.
>>
>>2788567
I see. Well I don't think that will be happening any time soon, sorry to say. Get a Saturn, Zwei is fantastic fun. And it is cheap too. Saga on the other hand, let's not get into that.
>>
>>2788574
SEGA recently said they want to bring more games to PC. Got my hopes up for some classics
>>
never sega threw out the source code because of how smart everyone in that company is
>>
>>2788593
I know they said that. But I think they were looking more towards recent, easy ports. Like 360 games. My heart is pinned on Virtual On Force, but I know it is never going to happen.
>>
>>2788593

Don't ever get your hopes up with SEGA.

>>2788595

Actually that's not uncommon among Japanese companies. I think it may be a cultural obsession with new=improved and old=unworthy. It's rather unfortunate.
>>
SEGA doing anything with old IPs ever?

HAHAHAHAHAHAhahahaha hohohoaghaha

How young are you?
>>
A VR remake would be absolutely fantastic.
>>
>>2788656
They released a ton of old IPs on Steam
>>
>>2788562
Not OP but I'm interested, will it run well on a late Win98 machine?
>>
>>2788686

But are they playable?

You may think I'm trolling, but basic, no-brainer shit like that is exactly what you have to stop and consider when dealing with a fuckup like SEGA.
>>
>>2788689
I don't know. Runs on my XP machine rather fine.
Try it, I don't see why it shouldn't.
http://pastebin.com/ZV3Bm0Hi
>>
>>2788593

I believe for Saga at least that they say they've officially lost the source code.
>>
>>2788567
>>2788689
>>2788696
http://www.play-old-pc-games.com/2012/06/13/panzer-dragoon/

Tested on everything from Windows 95 to Windows 8.
>>
It's a Windows 95 game. The shit is not likely to work on Windows 7/8.
>>
>>2788532
It's not exactly a super great port.
There's also a NV1 exclusive version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc6cH0zuMSs
>>
>>2790715
if you have fast cpu there is no need for NV1 ever
>>
>>2790720
Looks like the best looking version though.
>>
>>2790709

>>2790614

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl3VYtUDevg
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.