[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
7th Saga Thread:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 7th-saga.png (8 KB, 512x448) Image search: [Google]
7th-saga.png
8 KB, 512x448
Tell me Why i should play 7th Saga?

If is one of your favorite games, why is it?
>>
it's hard and stuff. like lunar it punishes you for overleveling
>>
>>2787727
I have heard that this game has dedicated fans
>>
I dunno OP, I emulated it a while ago and had fun with it.

Like >>2787727 said, there's a boss that levels with you, and if you're too overleveled he's pretty much broken. But you can beat him by getting lucky with critical hits...

Mystic Ark is more fun, though. The same weird somber/dream-like tone but in a series of absurd worlds rather than a regular fantasy world.
>>
>>2787727
It's the grind punish thing is only for the american version of the game.
The Jap one, Eldar, is easy as shit, you can see the difference when playing Mystic Ark which has the same difficulty level as Eldar/7nth Saga.
Also, Mystic Ark makes everything 7nth Saga did but better, that game has some serious atmosphere and aesthetic, so whoever likes 7nth Saga or is interested in playing it should play Mystic Ark as well.

Games like Brain Lord and Mystic Ark: Maboroshi Gekijyo are also part of the series but are quite different design wise, decent games overall and very worthy of a playthrough though.
>>
>>2787857
>Mystic Ark: Maboroshi Gekijyo
How hard is this to play if you don't speak Japanese? There isn't an english patch, is there?
>>
>>2787863
>There isn't an english patch, is there?
Unfortunately, you're correct.

The game's not really hard to get into in terms of mechanics but you need some decent knowledge of japanese to understand the dialogues and it's kind of a plot heavy game.
Especially because like all the games in the series there are a lot of references to the previous ones, you have Arks like in Mystic Ark(they speak to you in this one even), the protagonist is Remeer as usual and it's kind of a mystery/adventure game mixed with a card game and A-RPG, pretty fun.
>>
>>2787863
I rate it 7.25/10 in difficulty.
>>
>>2787873
>>2787878
Thanks. I guess you can always use do the typical talk-to-everyone thing to progress. Is there anything really specific that you would need to know the dialogue for? For example, I played one of the Pokemon Card games for GBC in Japanese and there was a point where you couldn't progress unless you had a deck containing a specific set of cards. Anything like that, which would be impossible to guess?
>>
>>2787886
I was just kidding, I don't play this faggot trash.
>>
>>2787886
I played it pretty casually a few years ago and I don't remember getting stuck anywhere, the game's very simple and can be easily beaten with just empirical knowledge after a few hours.
But then again, It's one of those games you play for the story and atmosphere really, like most of the games in the series it's not very strong in the gameplay department.

The soundtrack is really bitching though, so I guess it's you choice anon.
>>
>>2787905
Ah, alright. Would you mind giving me the gist of the story so I at least have an idea of what's going on?
>>
>>2787907
Though back then I didn't have much knowledge of moonrunes, from what I got It's pretty much a reinterpretation of Alice through the looking glass, but with the usual pseudo spooky/creepy stuff of the series.

Remember the children's world part in Mystic Ark? Mix it with Alice through the looking glass and you get Maboroshi Gekijyo.

I don't remember much of the particulars because it's been two or three years since I played it and again, I guess I missed some stuff while translating, maybe I'll replay it when I get some time to see how much stuff did I miss back then when my moonrunes were pretty basic.
>>
File: 1441113944721.jpg (4 KB, 204x179) Image search: [Google]
1441113944721.jpg
4 KB, 204x179
>>2787727
>it punishes you for overleveling
no wonder I could never beat this, back in the day when it was first fan trans I used to just farm exp till an area got easyer, but with this game I would start getting my ass kicked, still struggled through, I just thought it was really challenging, because of that I saved every chance I got, before every dungeon, before and after entering/ leaving a town, before every boss.

still love it!
>>
>>2787925
Ok thanks.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.