[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best console for in the car
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Long story short I have a car stereo that allows me to hook up game consoles via RCA input. Every time I hook it up I'm faced with the desire to hook up a game console, and now that I put it into more of a "family car" (see: people can fit in the back seat) I want to do it finally.

In your opinion what console would be the best? My only qualifications are:
>Would prefer something that will require little to no user interaction as far as turning it on and selecting games go. My ultimate goal is to have it on a toggle switch so everything can be contained in the trunk.
>8bit or newer
>Preferably something that doesn't require a ground
>If it's something that used a DC power supply I'd be pleased because I can directly wire it to the car's electrical
>Money is an object so no NeoGeo or something pricey like that

I'm semi-considering a Wii loaded up with roms, emulators, and a couple programs, but figured I'd see if any of you had input.
>>
Well, OP, which console would you care least about being stolen once your car is inevitably broken into?
>>
>>2786675
Nobody is going to break into a rusty 2003 Taurus with a 15 year old radio in it.
>>
>>2786675
>>2786683
To answer your question though whichever one costs the least to replace.
>>
>>2786686
A wii. Anything else will overheat.
Source, the broken 360 and ps3 in my closet and the modded wii in my q7.
>>
>>2786694
That's, that was kind of what I was figuring, and it would also enable me to do some other gimicky things like watch Netflix or have a hard drive full of music just ready to listen too.

Thanks, I'll monitor this thread in the mean time incase anyone else has some other input.

Also
>Xbox 360 in a moving vehicle
How many discs did it eat prior to dying?
>>
>>2786648
raspi2 or some other small computer
>>
>>2786683
>Nobody is going to break into a rusty 2003 Taurus with a 15 year old radio in it.
Ha, I've seen people break into an unlocked car just to steal a canteen. And by that I mean they just opened the door and smashed the car up anyway.
>>
>>2786718
I put a couple of rubber stoppers in it to stop the discs from doing that. Definitely an essential mod for any 360
>>
>>2786648
PSone had an official DC power adapter and portable LCD screen, has a non-interactive startup unless you start it with no game disc inserted (doesn't even have a system clock like Dreamcast, PS2, etc.), is small, is cheap, can use wireless controllers if you want (Logitech PS2 wireless = excellent), and is generally awesome. Not to mention it qualifies to be talked about on this board.

Downside is you can't be Le Epic Road Pirate, you'll insert discs as needed.
>>
For what you want, I think a Wii would be perfect OP.

>put great NES, SNES, Genesis, GB/GBA, etc. sets on the SD
>put great GC and Wii sets on the USB HDD

And bam, you have hundreds of great games on a cheap device that's easy as pie to set up.
>>
>>2786839
>Break into
>An unlocked car
Pick one. Also, where do you live, Somalia?

>>2786858
I figured as much.

>>2786989
I think I should have said doesn't need to be physically touched to change games.

>>2787039
Yeah, I'm almost thinking it would be the way to go. What are the best emulators to use? Couldn't I technically load the roms off the hard drive? Would make for updating data easier.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.