[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
General Game Recommendation Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: SNES Mouse.jpg (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
SNES Mouse.jpg
4 KB, 225x225
Not sure what to play? Don't know where to turn? Don't make a new thread, post about it here instead!

I recently got a Super Everdrive, and thus finally a reason to plug in the SNES mouse I've been carrying with me for about 8 years. Test program says everything worked perfect, I ran it through Mario Paint and Civilization, both worked great.

My question is, are there any other SNES Mouse compatible games worth playing other than:
AD&D:Eye of the Beholder
Civilization
King Arthur's World
Lemmings 2
Might and Magic 3
Mario Paint
? Because other than those and maybe Arkanoid, I don't see any games worth playing, and I don't know about the PAL and Japan releases. Anyone have any recs?
>>
a lot of them are Japan only, but wikipedia has a full list of all the SNES mouse compatible games...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SNES_Mouse
>>
I, on the other hand, have an everdrive and no SNES mouse and therefore had to download the hacked joystick version of Mario Paint in order to get it to work.
>>
File: nes_kiddracula_front.png (182 KB, 300x411) Image search: [Google]
nes_kiddracula_front.png
182 KB, 300x411
>>2785134
I recommend Kid Dracula on the Nintendo Entertainment System.
>>
>>2785156
See
>>2785134
>I don't see any games worth playing
Where did you think I pulled those titles from?
>>
Don't have any recs for you, but I recently got a super everdrive myself. How much fun are you having with the SNES mouse games? Is it worth getting a SNES mouse? I'm also thinking about getting the light gun for the system.

Other than that, anyone got some good JRPGs on the SNES to recommend? I've played Chrono Trigger, Eartbound and FF6 already. I'd prefer something with a battle system more involved than FF6's, so one that keeps me somewhat active during battles would be good. How is 7th Saga? I've heard good things about it.
>>
File: ltaaf_painting.png (218 KB, 753x541) Image search: [Google]
ltaaf_painting.png
218 KB, 753x541
>>2785134
Acme Animation Factory is really good.

I know people don't like it, but really, the SNES Jurassic Park was good. I wouldn't recommend it with the mouse, though, unless you're really curious (if I remember right, only the FPS sections used the mouse).

Really, you could give the full list a run through and see what you like.
>>
>>2785168

So you have an everdrive, the mouse, and a list of all the compatible games... And just why aren't you the one telling the worthwhile games here?? All you have to do is try them out and there aren't even that many...
>>
>>2785134
>any other SNES Mouse compatible games worth playing
Give Mario & Wario a shot.
>>
>>2785173
>How much fun are you having with the SNES mouse games?
Civilization is good as always, still have yet to try the rest.
>Is it worth getting a SNES mouse?
I'm really liking it so far, Civilization doesn't seem nearly as smooth when using a controller. But I got it for $2 back in the day, I'm not sure if it's entirely worth the $15-$25 it's been selling for since July 2014.
>I'm also thinking about getting the light gun for the system.
I was thinking about it, but it has less compatible games than the Zapper did. At least the Zapper had The Lone Ranger. And if I recall correctly, one of the best Super Scope games, Metal Combat, isn't compatible with the Super ED.

>somewhat active during battles
Try Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Ogre Battle.

>>2785263
I'll give that a go, thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>2785173
You might like action RPGs like Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma.
>>
Wonder Project J
>>
>>2785158
Why bother with mario paint? Honest question. There's a million programs that do everything it does better. What's the point? I haven't really played it since I was a kid. Maybe I'm missing something.
>>
File: mariopaint.gif (445 KB, 418x308) Image search: [Google]
mariopaint.gif
445 KB, 418x308
>>2787163
>>
>>2787169
ahhh ok. I've totally forgotten about that shit. Seeing it now I remember it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.