[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how much did u pay for your copy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: 516wluEIzmL.jpg (47 KB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
516wluEIzmL.jpg
47 KB, 500x345
how much did u pay for your copy?
>>
>>2784567
I'd pay up to £100 for a boxed version. £60 for unboxed.
>>
>>2784567
£20

Came with Rare Replay
>>
>>2784573
thought it got left out? that's cool
>>
About £50 when it came out IIRC
>>
are games like these going to keep rising in value indefinitely or is retro gaming just cool rn?
>>
>>2784584
I'd say both. Eventually people will stop caring.
>>
>>2784584

>rn

>>>/twitter/
>>
Bought 6 of them at KB toys years ago when they were $10. Gave 2 away to friends, opened one for myself and the other 3 are just sitting in my closet.
>>
>>2784597
Put them on ebay and retire.
>>
>>2784567
sold mine last month for 160€.
bought it in 2008 cib for 20~€ on ebay

its retarded to start collecting games now.
the retro market and especially nintendo fans destroyed everything with their artificial pricing.
>>
>>2784602
it would be retarded to start now yes... but if u have been collecting for 5-10 years idk. if its your thing I don't see the problem.
>>
It's not even that GREAT of a game
I mean it's good but it's not worth 100 bucks.
>>
>>2784602
>Nintendo fans
Holy shit, what a bunch of scalpers

The Amiibos are a fine example of their stupidity.
>>
File: 1417990026766.jpg (13 KB, 240x196) Image search: [Google]
1417990026766.jpg
13 KB, 240x196
CIB for $100
Cart only for zip, it was gifted to me.
>>
>>2784602
Not really too bad if you can still find deals. Big "if," though.
>>
>>2784596
Very insightful post, thanks for your contribution to the thread.
>>
It's a good time to start collecting PS2 games IMO, especially XBox Huge games.
Just got 40 games from some dudebro for 40$.

Most of the games cost 5$ each
>>
>>2784594
maybe the price will only go down once the people who grew up with the game are all dead
>>
Flash cart + N64 = win

Fuck collectors
>>
>>2784695
Casual
>>
>>2784567
I paid nothing because I just put it on my flashcart.
>>
>>2784567
Friend gave it to me for free. He didnt know what it was worth or care. Whatever, I have a copy now.
>>
>>2784621
I've been thinking about it. Seen lots of PS2 and Xbox games for dirt cheap at goodwills and such. Consoles too. Seems like everyone's getting rid of that stuff so now is the right time to get it. Maybe one day when the kids who grew up with those systems will look back at them with nostalgia and they'll suddenly become expensive.

Anything Nintendo up to the N64 is just not worth it. Most Sega stuff isn't too bad thankfully, seems like people don't know or care about them anymore.
>>
File: conker-hpb-find.jpg (44 KB, 564x385) Image search: [Google]
conker-hpb-find.jpg
44 KB, 564x385
>>2784567
$4.99 at a local Half Price Books in 2010, IIRC. Box was a little rough, but it was complete with manual.

This was before HPB starting jacking up their prices on "retro" games to match online prices.
>>
>>2784695
casual
>>
>>2784750
I guess I could have looked at my own photo. It was 2007 when I bought that copy; I doubt it was sitting there for 3 years before I found it.
>>
$40 with 7 other games, a system, 2 shit controllers, shit rumble pack and a gameshark, this was in 2009
>>
I got it for Christmas in 2001 and still have it with all its contents, so nothing.
>>
>>2784750
Fuck, no joke. Everything now is priced high eBay there.
>tfw in 2008 i got bubble bobble 2 for NES for $1.98 at HPB
>>
Oh man, I remember playing this game when I was a kid. My brother owned it and my mom never gave a shit what we played. Good times. I remember doing that last matrix mission and the wwii missions over and over. Never really played the game for myself since I was too young and couldn't pay attention that long. Good times though
>>
>>2784883
>>2784750
Fuck HPB it used to be like my favorite place then it got to where I would basically only look at clearance then I saw my first $4 yellow tag. Haven't been back since.
>>
>>2784567
$4 at a thrift store a few years ago. Cart only but it serves just fine.
>>
I remember seeing a mountain of unsold Conker in Target around 2003. They were $19.95 each.

i bought a few
>>
>>2784567

~100$. But my copy has an SD card slot on the top and i can play all the other N64 games on it as well.
>>
>>2784609
>Amiibos
Literally only a problem in America, kek.
Enjoy your limited runs.
>>
ITT: People who don't know how to import.
>>
>>2784607
It's a good game but I would never play the single player again after one playthrough

The multiplayer on the other hand.....
>>
I got a copy in 2011 at my local pawnshop for $2.99. I guess they didn't feel like looking up prices when the lot was traded in. Helps that the cart only has the logo on it.
>>
>>2784567
6 bucks when it costs 60 at the time. I got it at a thrift store. Nowadays you'll be lucky to find anything at one
>>
$60 (actually, that's my Everdrive. Got it mainly to play Conker though)
>>
>>2784567
0$ My buddy and I found out his roommate was a pedo, called the cops and looted his game collection.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.