[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Internet confuses me. What's the objectively best version
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: asdasd.jpg (2 MB, 3368x2920) Image search: [Google]
asdasd.jpg
2 MB, 3368x2920
The Internet confuses me. What's the objectively best version of this game available in English?

Keep in mind that unless it's on Wii (the only console I own) I'll have to emulate it. Already tried emulating the PSP version and I'm getting a bug where the background music stops early and the cutscenes don't play properly (sometimes I get only the audio and THEN the cutscene starts with no audio. Sometimes it just hangs), I'm not putting up with that.

Is settling for the SNES version even a decent option?
>>
>objectively

I am I laffin
>>
Why do you need English? Just buy the Wii version.

The only official English is the psp port. There's a translation patch for the original pce version too.

I'm not gonna start a debate, but I personally do not like Dracula X snes. On the other hand, Rondo is one of my favorite games.

Try both though. See if you like either.
>>
SNES "version" is a different game.
>>
>>2784163
Emulate the English-patched version of the original game from The ISO Zone and you're good to go.

The equally enjoyable SNES version isn't even the same game.
>>
One of the oldest Castlevania-related misinformation/memes is that Dracula X on SNES is a "port" of Rondo of Blood. It's not.

Rondo of Blood was only released on PC Engine, Wii virtual console and PSP. Those are your options, Wii version is only in japanese, PSP version is the only official english one but I believe there's a fan translation as well.

Dracula X on SNES uses the same setting but it's a new game altogether with new bosses and new levels.
>>
>>2784178
>>2784181
Does the translation patch also dub the cutscenes? I don't want to be that guy that cares about every piece of flavor text and miscellaneous dialog in a game where story is supposed to take a backseat, but.. well, I'm that guy.

Any reason to pick the Wii version over attempting to emulate the PCE version?

Also, I guess I'll be playing the SNES version, too.
>>
>>2784192
the wii is emulating the pce anyway
>>
>>2784192

>Does the translation patch also dub the cutscenes?

I think so. Someone managed to transfer the psp voice-acting to the pce version. Google that

>Any reason to pick the Wii version over attempting to emulate the PCE version?

not really. But there is the electronic manual
>>
>>2784176
it's the new "per say" of 2016
>>
>>2784204
>>2784192
emulating pc engine is kind of annoying, i would just get the wii inject

there's also an unofficial pc version floating around somewhere but i cant remember if it's translated or not
>>
There's an "unofficial PC version" floating around and although I'm not really sure what it is (an emulator prepackaged with the game? or something?), it works great.

Unfortunately it has the english voice acting inserted rather than the original japanese.
>>
>>2784347
>>2784336
I think I'l give this unofficial PC version a try. The PCE emulator is giving me headaches.
>>
File: akumajoudrax_0007.png (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
akumajoudrax_0007.png
14 KB, 300x300
>>2784380
what are you using?

all you probably need to do is place some bios files in the right place and load a .cue file
>>
>>2784402
Magic engine. Tried mounting the cue or either ISO file but I just can't get it to detect the game. I'm probably being a retard.
>>
>Download English bin and cue
>Load cue in Mednafen on Wii
>Use adapter to plug in NES controller
>Be annoyed that select is hard-wired to home so you can't item crash
>>
There are two versions available in English. First is the PSP version. It's probably the best version, because you get the original game, a remake and Symphony of the Night. The downside is it's on a handheld, although you can play it on a TV if you buy the PSP component cable.

The second version is the pirated PC version. It's also quite good. It's free, which is an advantage of course. The various video filters can cause the game to crash, so use a minimum of those. Use a controller with it though. You can reassign keys by using F1-F12, or by using an external program like JoyToKey.
>>
THIS!
>>
File: rondo of blood v3.png (372 KB, 327x1740) Image search: [Google]
rondo of blood v3.png
372 KB, 327x1740
>>2784163
http://www.mediafire.com/download/jjzmnyniltm/Castlevania+Dracula+X-Rondo+of+Blood+PC.exe
You are welcome. Bestest game of all time.
>>
>>2784473
Oh god damn, they deleted it.
https://yadi.sk/d/eK8qIYvC6mtBT
Here this should work too.
>>
File: akumajoudracula_0007.png (29 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
akumajoudracula_0007.png
29 KB, 300x400
>>2784418
I had never used that one before but I poked around a bit in a trial version just now and am running into the same issue.

I played the translated iso/ogg version from theisozone in RetroArch with the Mednafen PCE-Fast core without any problems except I had to find a syscard3.pce bios file to get it to boot.
>>
File: Untitled.png (84 KB, 963x723) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
84 KB, 963x723
>>2784473
>>2784476
Based. Thank you, shady links anon
>>
>>2784473

Why is there a PC port? Is it unofficial?
>>
>>2784540
Yes unofficial.
>>
>>2784543
There's also the "Blue Ryu VS Darkstalkers" pack with the iso, magic engine, and a launcher to handle most of the setup for you. That's what I used. Looks better than >>2784506 looks.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.