[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Snatcher for Sega CD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: snatcher.png (815 KB, 565x800) Image search: [Google]
snatcher.png
815 KB, 565x800
Anybody played this? I have the emulated version and I think its a pretty badass game. It would be cool if Konami made a remake of this game. Also does anybody here own a physical copy? just curious since copies of this game are rare.
>>
>>2783074
It isn't really a rare game. Just popular. I paid 75 for a complete copy in 2003
>>
I dream with a remake of this game !
>>
>>2783078
I paid $100 in 2012 for my copy. It was going for about twice that at the time. Now it's going for even more. I don't believe how ridiculous these prices are getting.
>>
>>2783074
That theme song is cyberFUNK.
>>
>>2783078
>>2783106
I paid five bucks for it from a pawnshop in my home town in 2002. Ah the days before smartphones when deals could still be found for those in the know. Great game regardless but honestly I wouldn't pay what it goes for now though. I think you can just burn it right? I know my Turboduo doesn't have copyright protection on it but I've never tried it with my SEGA CD
>>
>>2783084
I was so hoping that there would be a Snatcher/Policenauts combo pack released for DS or 3DS because I thought they'd be a natural fit for touch controls but with where Konami is now, that's looking unlikely lol
>>
File: Snatcht1.jpg (225 KB, 737x1042) Image search: [Google]
Snatcht1.jpg
225 KB, 737x1042
>>2783074
Played this game for the first time about a year ago, Ran thu it in one day.
I can almost remember each part in the game as well, it's an awesome game
I'm kinda disappointed i didn't play it sooner.
Im also disappointed there will probably never be a sequel
>>
>>2783116
>I think you can just burn it right?

yep sega cd is piss easy to pirate for. Though I suppose back in the early 90s people burning their own games was a much rarer occurrence
>>
>>2783074

Wish I had a copy. Good friend of mine had it when we were kids. Friggin' classic.
>>
Act 1 and 2 were pretty good, 3 is just awful and ruined the game.
>>
>>2783078
>>2783106
I sold silvers at my used game shop thank you sucka
>>
File: output_Nfngix.gif (42 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
output_Nfngix.gif
42 KB, 256x256
>>2783686
why
>>
>>2784217
>rushed
>no real puzzles nor things to do, feels like you're just watching a really long cutscene
>cheap writing
>>
>>2783108
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpOwyvD2ecg

Awwww yeah.
>>
>>2784238
What's wrong with the writing?
>>
>>2783686
>>2784238
This is because, quite literally, what happened with Phantom Pain also happened with Snatcher. The MSX and PC-88 releases ended at chapter 2. The PC Engine remake (And the Sega CD version it's based on) added chapter 3 just to give the story some kind of proper closure.
>>
>>2784369
Kojima. That's what.
>>
I have a mint copy that my friend bought me for letting me allow him to stay at my house for the summer.

What sucks though, is I got it the week AFTER meeting Kojima, so I had to settle for an Autographed copy of MGS instead.
>>
>>2783074

Yes I have a physical copy. It is great to play on my PVM, and I am very glad my Model 1 Sega CD still works great.

>>2783084
>>2783117

I just don't get it. The game is literally at its prime, why wish for a remake? Policenauts also has a great english translation, and its aesthetic is more pleasing than the vibrant PC-98 shit.
>>
File: output_w0q3xE.gif (4 KB, 64x64) Image search: [Google]
output_w0q3xE.gif
4 KB, 64x64
>>
File: Big Gillian.png (62 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Big Gillian.png
62 KB, 1024x1024
what kind of haircut is this
>>
File: output_su2u1D.gif (148 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
output_su2u1D.gif
148 KB, 1024x1024
>>2785271
>>
I know you can just burn CDs for Sega CD, but is there a way to load Sega CD games onto the console besides disc? Like PSIO or one of those Dreamcast SD loaders that don't require another stack of discs?
>>
I'M TRYING TO PLAY THIS ON MY PSP ON PICODRIVE BUT IT SKIPS OR GOES SLOW, CAN ANYONE HELP OR TELL ME WHAT SETTINGS TO CHANGE TO MAKE IT RUN BETTER?
>>
>>2783084
I wish the DC port would come out. :T

http://segabits.com/blog/2014/02/20/hideo-kojimas-snatcher-being-remade-on-dreamcast/
>>
>>2783116
Got it for $15copy w/o the manual around 99'.
Paid more for a manual to make my copy complete ten years later.

>>2783084
Ive had the concept for a Snatcher sequel for ten now...
Basically the same game but there's a cast of maybe 60 or 75 characters of varying importance (along with the hundreds of NPCs just roaming around NeoKobe) and with each play-through the characters that have been snatched would be different.
The investigation flow would be sort of like Where in the World is Snatcher San Deigo. Just with the possibility of an ambushes at each locale increasing the closer you get to the Satcher ring-leader, so keep the light-gun handy. If the investigation is moving slowly, you miss a vital clue, or you believe a Snatcher's lies and let it go they'd be that much further ahead and more even characters could be snatched. In the final act the ringleader is revealed and the other JUNKERS and side characters you managed to save can aid you in finishing off the Snatcher menace once and for all.
>>
>>2783074
>It would be cool if Konami made a remake of this game
They made many. You played one of them. I have "a physical copy" of all versions because hard drives are physical devices. I have originals of the MD and Saturn verions.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.