[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good quality SCART cables
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: SCART_20050724_002.jpg (1 MB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
SCART_20050724_002.jpg
1 MB, 2272x1704
Not sure if this should go in the CRT thread or not (maybe it should even go in /g/) but it's related to retro gaming so I may as well post here.

Does anybody know any good RGB SCART male to male or male to female cables? I need some SCART cables extended from the end of my cable's console to my SCART switch. I've heard that bad SCART cables can produce a lot of noise so looking to pay higher for better quality.
>>
Make your own or by some old stock from bongland.
>>
>>2781185
just look for some that don't have the cheap black plastic on them. Try european stores as you will have more options there. good scart cables aren't just a mess inside. Also make sure they're fully wired obviously
>>
Eurofag here. I've never ever seen a SCART ribbon cable in my life and still wonder why that is the default Wikipedia image.
>>
>>2781212
Thanks. Might have a hand at making my own. The only materials I'll need would be a soldering iron/solder and coax cable right? I won't need to add any caps or resistors in line will I? Probably some heat shrink tubing to go around them too. Never made my own cables but it doesn't seem particularly hard.
>>
>>2781185
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161718717677

She'll do custom cables if you request them, if you'd rather have a SCART Male to Female.
>>
>>2781396
Yeah I'm sure they are amazing cables but they cost an arm and a leg each haha. I have around 10 consoles in my setup that needs SCART extensions and I can't really afford to pay $400 for that.
>>
>>2781471
Retro games cost money.
>>
>>2781471
True enough; It's more intended to be for just from the switch to your TV/monitor of choice; In which case you'd only need one MAYBE two if you had some type of multi-switch setup.
>>
>>2781185
Oehlbach make the best male to male scart cables I know of. Especially the "XXL Series 90". Have one myself and no lessening of the RGB signal at all.

But I guess its difficult to get your hands on these when you happen to be from the states.
>>
I want to buy a scart cable for the snes, Do I need shielding to get rid of the screen buzz or could I use screen foiling?
>>
>>2781280
I think I had an old DVD player like that, but yeah, I agree.
>>
>>2781480
OP here. I use multiple daisy chained Extron Crosspoint units (they're currently mounted in the 19" rack you see next to the consumer trini), but some of the further away consoles just can't reach far enough. Also plan to be getting a few more consoles in the future, so would like the extra SCART cables.
>>
>>2781507
Thanks I'll look into Oehlbach.
>>
>>2781681
What's the thing in the left ground corner? And that thing above the n64?
>>
>>2781681
Dude, that's a fucking glorious setup.
>>
>>2782864
Thanks! I'm gonna sell off some of my doubles (Dreamcast, N64, SNES) to make some space, and I'm still a few consoles off. Need an Xbox 360, a Neo Geo AES, 3DO, 2600 and Japanese AV Famicom then I'm done.

>>2782862
Above the top row N64 is a Sega Dreamcast. Above the bottom row N64 is a Japanese Sega Saturn.
>>
>>2782967
Oh and an Atari Jaguar as well. Not super necessary but would be cool to have in the mix.
>>
Bumping for more opinions
>>
>>2782862
Sorry! The thing in the bottom left corner is a Neo Geo CDZ. Japan only release that has more RAM in it to make the load times slightly more bearable.
>>
>>2781396
I think I can still buy equivalents to those at the hardware store (full coaxial all niceness). (Eurofag)
At least I could two years ago.
>>
>>2785409
(cont)
and for like half the price too.

generally all SCART cables you got here in SCART-land were proper full-coaxial thick cable stuff, except for the ones you get with/for consoles which have always been shit with thin cables.
>>
>>2785412
Won't lie, I'm jealous.

And not just on the SCART cable, my local hardware stores have jack shit in ways of decent cabling of any type. Or really, any type of cabling for that matter.
I'd kill for some type of electronics shop of sorts nearby.
>>
>>2785416
electronics shops here are generally ridiculously overpriced though (compared to buying literally the same stuff from china directly you sometimes see ten time the price...), but the SCART cables have been OK I guess.
>>
>>2785420
It wouldn't surprise me if they're gone now, though, what with it being a mostly-dead form of cabling. These days many TVs don't even have it without using some form of included adapter (which everyone I know of instantly misplaces gununu). I guess I'll have to go check my store.
>>
>>2784497
I thought so, how long did it take to get all those consoles?
>>
>>2785856
Not all that long honestly haha. Maybe like 5 months?
>>
>>2787509
Just 5 months? How much do you make a month? I only have about 7 of those and it took me a full year.
>>
>>2781471
>Yeah I'm sure they are amazing cables but they cost an arm and a leg each haha.

HQ Scart cables were always expensive, due to the intricate per-cable shielding they use. Don't expect to get some for $5.

>I have around 10 consoles in my setup that needs SCART extensions and I can't really afford to pay $400 for that.

Buy one HQ scart cable and solder short dongles for your consoles.
>>
>>2781681
Nice setup, plan to make a cabinet similar to that eventually
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.