[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sellers Regret?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9
File: Based_Bolo.jpg (5 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
Based_Bolo.jpg
5 KB, 256x192
What's a game(s) that you have sold in the past that you either instantly, shortly after, or years later regretted selling?
>>
I sold Medieval and Skies of Arcadia a long time ago. Sold them at the same time and are the only games I can think of having sold.

Was lame of me.
>>
>>2778583
I sold my copy of Skies(picked it up cheap after DC's demise) after one play thru. Then a couple years back I got the itch to play again and it was going for $50 at a local game shop! That's one for sure I wish I would of hanged onto.
>>
Sold a lot of SNES and N64 games for like 10 bucks a piece back in 1999/2000 in order to buy Lain VHSs.
I enjoyed watching the series but I miss my Super Mario RPG, Dracula X, Plok and others, and they're hella expensive now.
>>
>>2778583
>>2778593
Huh. Opened this thread without seeing these posts to mention the same game, Skies of Arcadia Legends.

3 out of 5 posts so far for that one game.
>>
Earlier this year I sold bubble bobble part 2 to pay off a ticket. I wasn't pleased about it but I honestly am not that huge a fan of the game, and I legitimately needed the money.

What I DO regret is a trade I made back when I was maybe 7 or 8, probably around 1996. I traded my NES copy of tmnt tournament fighters to a friend for fucking lode runner. I wish I could go back in time and slap the shit out of my childhood self.
>>
>>2778579
Ninja Turtles 1 on NES
Mega Man X2 and 3
Earthbound
LttP
Batman and Robin on SNES

Where do I even stop? I was a real idiot 5-10 years ago. I also traded FF3/6 for Secret of Mana (which I sold) and had my Chrono Trigger stolen. For all of this I often feel deep pangs of regret that almost overwhelm me. Even if I re-bought them it wouldn't be the same because I'll never get back those exact carts I grew up with.
>>
I traded a copy of Legendary Wings to a classmate for The Adventure of Link in the 5th grade. I don't regret the trade, but I ended up losing AoL somewhere along the line and Legendary Wings was a major part of my childhood, and was one of the only games my mom would play with me.
>>
Sold my Sega Saturn and my games to my step brother, I think he sold it for weed or something.

I miss that thing though and I havent been able to find another one for a reasonable price.
>>
Sold a few SNES games as a kid when I was trying to save for an electric guitar.

Nothing GREAT - Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt, AHHH!! Real Monsters, Wing Commander, Magic Sword

I recently re-bought Real Monsters CIB for dirt cheap at a local shop. Magic Sword is a great fun game but after playing the arcade version I realize the SNES port is pretty awful anyway. I'm mostly just regret it because I like to have a big collection of games.
>>
Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu. Last I checked it's a 30 dollar game - probably even more now since I hear it was featured on James & Mike Mondays.
>>
Strider 2 and 1 for Playstation
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

I don't sell off much
>>
I only regret selling both my gamecube controllers, after somehow SMBM became a thing. Sigh..
>>
>>2778579
Marvel vs Capcom 2 on Dreamcast at Game Crazy for $15. If I had just held onto it for a year or two more I could have made loads of money on ebay.
>>
>>2778579
>What's a game(s) that you have sold in the past that you either instantly, shortly after, or years later regretted selling?

Not really sure I regret it but I've had a bunch of $100+ dollar games over the years that'll never own again minus a handfull.

Shantae being the big one as far as regret goes. But at the time it wasn't really worth anything.

For just value and excluding sealed or nfrs editions probably NES stuff I just gave away to a friend. Little Samson among others.

At the same time I can't really regret it since nobody had any idea these games would become valuable.
>>
My entire NES collection to Funcoland for some SNES games. I sold:

DuckTales
Chip N' Dales Rescue Rangers
Legend of Zelda
Adventures of Link
Dragon Warrior 2
Dragon Warrior 3
Maniac Mansion
Deja Vu
The Lone Ranger
Solstice
Kirby's Adventure
Metroid
Metal Gear
Battle of Olympus
SMB/DH, SMB2, SMB3
Ninja Gaiden 2
Simpsons Bart VS World
Castlevania 3

I sold them all. I regretted it years later, up until I discovered everdrives. Now I don't care since I can still play em proper. Just gotta get an NES again.
>>
>>2779947
Oh, and I also had Fire N' Ice and Snow Bros, both of which were sold for peanuts since they weren't that valuable back then.
>>
about 10 years ago I sold my Snes system and games in a pawn shop for 80$ because I needed money to buy food. Here are the games I remember:

Brawl Brothers
E.V.O
Final Fantasy 2
Final Fantasy 3
Final Fight 1
Final Fight 2
Final Fight 3
Killer Instinct
Mortal Kombat 2
Mortal Kombat 3
Super Contra
Super Mario RPG
Super Metroid
Super Punch-Out
Top Gear 2
>>
>>2780032
Right in the feels. Glad you made it through, anon.
>>
>sold OOT for N64
>Cry
Luckily for me I got a 3ds with the port, not as good as the original but still nice to have
>>
Picked up an N64 w/Perfect Dark for $20 at a pawn shop. Always wanted one. Bought Goldeneye and Mischief Makers soon after for cheap. Was planning on expanding my collection but ending up selling because I was in need of some dollarydoos. Get back on my feet and everything old Nintendo skyrockets. Fucking hipsters.
>>
File: 1427679187140.gif (186 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1427679187140.gif
186 KB, 500x375
When I went to college and my brother ebayed literally everything we ever owned. It's been over a decade since we've spoken, no lie.
>>
>>2780331
What'd he use the money for? Because that sounds like a classic stupid fucking pot addiction at work here.
>>
>>2780331
Drug addiction or just a piece of shit?
>>
File: mfw.jpg (11 KB, 339x351) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
11 KB, 339x351
>>2780336
>Pot addiction
>>
>>2778579
My list:

>Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
>Persona (PS1, sold YEARS ago)
>Chrono Trigger
>Super Metroid
>Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
>My entire NES collection, which had literally ALL the best and most popular games

I could go on, but those are the ones that annoy me the most. Last year, I ran out of money after losing my job, so I had no choice but to sell off my collection of 14 consoles and over 350 games, or not eat.

Shit worked out for me, as I eventually got a job that fit me right (ironically, the same job I'd originally lost. almost 2 years later), and food stamps help a lot, but the sting of losing my collection like that...

And now, rebuilding a smaller, more focused collection is actually fun (makes me feel like a kid again) but some shit is just TOO expensive. Can't complain though, selling that shit off got me a few grand, lol.

I have to say though, the market these days is retarded. I mean, there was a point in time when I got FFVII for $15 in a store. And now it costs $40-$50. And it's not actually worth that to me.
Same with Persona 2. I originally got it for $30, 12 years ago, but now it's like $75-$85, which is psychotic. NO game is worth that much.

I mean, I get the whole "there's not many of them (lol) and demand is high" argument, but I'm talking about valuing what's IN the game. Not how many copies there are and how many people "wuv it the mostest of all".

Like, why the living fuck would anyone pay $100 for Megaman Legends 2!? It's not a great game. I'd feel comfortable paying like $20 for it MAX. And MML1, a FAR better game, can still be gotten for around $20, so IDK. Fuck MML2. I'll pirate it eventually, and print out an insert or something.

>inb4: collectorfags tell me off

Yeah, OK, justify your purchase, but my way is smarter. They're basically toys. I want them so I can play with them. I don't care (anymore) how good they look on my shelf. Paying too much is stupid.
>>
>>2780337
Those aren't mutually exclusive.
>>
>>2780336
>>2780337
No drugs, probably spent the money on his car. He's one of those meat head wigger types. Got diagnosed with crohns not long after so I guess his monthly colonoscopies are some recompense.
>>
>>2780375
>No drugs
Yeah that makes it even worse in my eyes. Someone stealing that's on hard drugs is still terrible but you know they are struggling with inner demons. Stealing just to steal and from family no less? Fucking low and I don't blame you for never speaking to him again.
>>
>>2780338
If someone is smoking it everyday and resorting to stealing other people's stuff in order to keep smoking it I'd consider them addicted.
>>
>>2780427
True but to be fair anything non-addictive(pot) can become addictive if done enough. Things like tv addiction or drinking soda addiction are real because people over indulge too much and it becomes the norm for them.
>>
>>2778579
None, really. Ive been kind of lucky.
Like a lot of young guys did, I stupidly sold all my NES, SNES and Genesis games in the late 90's. Then realized my mistake as couple years later, so thankfully I didnt sell off any Saturn or PS1 games.

Then is when I got lucky. In 02' an old school video rental shop I went to began to sell off their stock of NES, SNES, and Genesis games for the rental price of $3 to clear room for new systems like the Xbox and PS2. All had their original boxes, most even still had manuals.
I drove to an ATM and withdrew as much as I had, which was about $350, went back that night and bought every game I knew to be decent. All the rpg's, all the shmups, all the good nostalgic nes gems from childhood, took it all. Atout 50 SNES, 30 Genesis and 20 NES games altogether. Fantastic haul.
Honestly Ive never even gotten into emulation. Any rainy weekend I feel like some retro gaming I just grab a box from my closet and hook that system up to the CRT.
>>
Had two copies of ./hack Quarantine.
Literally threw them out.
>>
>>2778579
I have never sold a game. Ever. I've given some away and don't regret that because they went to people who enjoyed and deserved them.
>>
>>2780343
Filter your thoughts, anon. Maybe this kind of distraction is what got you fired the first time.
>>
>>2778593
>would of hanged onto

Jesus Christ, fuck yourself with a knife on an Indian shitting street you shit
>>
>>2779180
Why is Batman/Robin on SNES so pricey? Not even nearly as good as the Genesis version.
>>
>>2778579
>Super Mario RPG
>Secret of Mana

I had a couple other games that might be considered "rare" that I sold without even thinking.
>>
2005 I traded a bunch of games to a game store,one of the games was a CIB Whomp'E'm
Now every new fag has a boner out for that game..
>>
File: c17.jpg (31 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
c17.jpg
31 KB, 600x450
>>2781116
>>
>>2778579
Had a Sega Multi Mega and a copy of Snatcher. Sold them for far too low a price.
>>
I ebayed my phantasy star iv cart, couldn't find the box and manual anywhere in my house though. I moved a few years later and found them... Box and manual are up on the shelf next to my other Genesis games. Those feels
>>
File: giveup.png (57 KB, 600x434) Image search: [Google]
giveup.png
57 KB, 600x434
I traded my SNES and all my games for it for an N64 at Electronics Boutique.
>>
>>2782176
Sold my snes and a pile of games to a neighbor kid to put towards a newly releasing ps1. Tfw there were no memorable games on it for quite a while. Years later i managed to buy an snes off a kid who was trying to sell it at a gamestop because they wouldn't buy it. I should've paid more for it too. I'm sure he'll be showing up in this thread at some point too
>>
I sold Legend of Zelda 1 and frankenstein: the monster returns for the nes.
>>
I never sold or traded any of my games. But I did throw out all my Genesis hardcases for some stupid reason
>>
A bunch of genesis carts.
>>
>>2784784

I did something similar, and it eats at me now.

at least I've still got my NES games in those old leather cases.
>>
only ones I ever regretted were all the n64 bomberman games. Later went back and bought them all again, boy did 2nd attack spike in cost.

Actually dont know why I still have it, already did almost all of it as a kid and I just found it frustrating annoying as an adult. should sell it esp. now that i have an ed64
>>
Mega Man 64. along with 5 other games and the 64 itsself. still sad about it.
>>
i have sold much. I needed the money as I was going through tough times, and I had trouble holding onto jobs.

I have sold many nes games, like contra, star wars, TMNT 2, and even mega man 3.

I used to own both the legend of zelda anniversary collection on game cube and also Fire emblem path of radiance and sold them

but honestly, I only really wish I had not sold contra
>>
>>2780490

you did good anon, wish I was as smart about it.

I got viewtiful joe for $1.50, then later just sold it for like 4 bucks trade in.

Now, it's fucking 15 bucks man.
>>
File: loss.png (128 KB, 824x397) Image search: [Google]
loss.png
128 KB, 824x397
>>2780343

>Same with Persona 2. I originally got it for $30, 12 years ago, but now it's like $75-$85, which is psychotic. NO game is worth that much.

I was on the /v/ recommendation page for NES games, and in the little samson entry it says "Lol, $100 is way too much for a NES game though, don;t bother trying to buy it!"

I knew it was an old entry, so I want ed to see what it went for now....

words...there are no words
>>
>>2780343
Yeah you sound like a super cunt.

Probably a fucking nigger too, jesus christ.
>>
File: IMG_1531.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1531.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
But every time someone says "nice shirt" it feels good.
>>
5.FF3
4.TMNT turtles in time
3.Soldier of fortune for the SNES (i cant find it for sale anywhere! wtf?)
2.where in the world is carmen sandeigo? for PC
1.Diablo1+2+expansion(such good memories WTF WAS i THINKING!)
>>
Had an SNES with a few games, Mario All Stars, Super Metroid, Starfox, and Super Castlevania 4.

For some reason, was like, "im never going to play this again, I have emulators now"

Sold it to my neighbor for 50 bucks.
>>
>>2780343
>tfw I may know this soon unless I manage to get on student grants again. (bureucratic sons of bitches think I've too little points)
I'd try to first only sell off the stuff that is worth a lot and that I can burn and/or flashcard first though.
If that isn't enough though...
>>
My gold copy of OoT.

I got a copy back but it isn't the same.

Funny enough, I could most likely buy them back from the kid I sold them too.
>>
>>2785573
>I got a copy back but it isn't the same.

I know how you feel. There's a few things I feel bad for selling or losing and never replaced them because it wouldn't be the same. Like my boxed copy of RE2 N64. Which isn't rare or expensive, but it wouldn't be "mine"
>>
File: DSCF3446.jpg (573 KB, 2816x1864) Image search: [Google]
DSCF3446.jpg
573 KB, 2816x1864
>>2778579
I had the opposite happen when I started selling. I took a bunch of stuff, some of which I worried I'd regret getting rid of, but I hadn't used in a while and was feeling a little poor.

Soon I noticed I didn't regret or miss any of it at all. That just opened the flood gates and I started getting rid of more and more stuff.

Now all I have left are my handhelds and the games I liked the most. Also kept the Nomad because it's small and a neat novelty, but only a handful of games because I play Genesis on PSP mostly these days anyways.
>>
>>2780032
evo alone is worth $170-200...
>>
when I was 12 I sold my super Nintendo to my aunt for like 50. had mega man x2 with it... fuck me im stupid. $50 was a lot of money to me at that time.
>>
chong li is the best, "ok usa!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNagP95khvA

I lost a lot of games, but American McGee's Alice would really like back. And settlers 3
>>
>>2778579
I sold every console game I had, except for a Sega Card because nobody had a MS1 to play it on, in 1996.
Every fucking game.
Fuck.
Just fuck my childhood up, senpai.

Still got that Sega Card though. It's Transbot. Nothing to play it on, only MS2s.
>>
File: bloodsport2.jpg (87 KB, 492x208) Image search: [Google]
bloodsport2.jpg
87 KB, 492x208
>>2786107
>You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend.
>>
>>2778614
It's one of those games that's only just gotten the credit it deserves. It's an upbeat, 6th gen JRPG with modern flare, but old-school sensibilities. The kind of game that makes you smile and want to explore. Especially with the JRPG market having basically collapsed, it's the kind of game people are nostalgic for, but isn't readily available.
>>
>>2778579
Sold 10k worth of games in the last few months and I dont regret anything only because I actually played through most if not all of my retro games.
It took me like 10~ years but I did it, no point in actually keeping them from this point out. The games also increased in worth over time so it was a win/win situation.
>>
>>2778579
Sonic 1&2 Jap.
I have Sonic Jam Jap, but I still regret it.
>>
>>2780343
>Like, why the living fuck would anyone pay $100 for Megaman Legends 2!?

But I bet you wouldn't mind selling it for $100 if you had a copy to sell. You wouldn't sell it to someone who wants it for the max price you're willing to pay ($20).
>>
Terranigma

I had no cash, and I wanted Chrono Trigger
>>
>>2778579
just getting rid of my old consoles, I suppose. mainly because I don't trust how other people are for their shit.
>>
>>2788362
Not him but it wouldn't bother me to sell a IMO $20 game for $100 if someone is retarded enough to pay that much. Thats just common sense. What would bother me is selling a game only to want it again a couple years later and find out it has quadrupled in price. Hence why I'm very wary of selling off some of my games.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.