[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The other day on /v/ a guy told me that Death was way more difficult
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Castlevania_Boss_Death.png (12 KB, 168x204) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania_Boss_Death.png
12 KB, 168x204
The other day on /v/ a guy told me that Death was way more difficult in Dracula's Curse than in CV1, unless you use Sylpha. I did it with Trevor and thought it was way easier than in the first game. At the same time though, I haven't played CV1 since 2008 and I'm much better at games now than I was then. Plus, I had holy water for the Dracula's Curse fight but used a cross for the original fight.

Is there any merit to the statement that Death is tougher in Dracula's Curse than he is in CV1, or is it the other way around? I'd like to hear some opinions on this matter.
>>
>>2776739
He said that because he knows how to stunlock Death with holy water. Once you get that method down, the insanely difficult becomes piss easy. Holy water x II or x III borders on glitchy if you didn't have to take special care to get it and keep it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7DtyjS4m9I
>>
File: 58943022358.png (588 KB, 542x666) Image search: [Google]
58943022358.png
588 KB, 542x666
>literally cheating death
makes me sick. why don't you fight like a belmont?
>>
>>2776739
Other way around. In Dracula's Curse, you have more options, like Grant's agility, or Alucard's attack utterly raping the second form. Not to mention III doesn't have the infamous hallway leading to him, so it's easier to start the fight with full life.
>>
>>2776902
Yeah, didn't even think of the secondaries but the hallway up to death in 3 is probably the nicest hallway in the game, giving you a chance at every subweapon and an easy 20-30 hearts.

I still think his first form is tougher in CV1 though, I think because there's way more chances for vertical movement in the CV3 boss room, which makes faking out the scythes really easy compared to the mostly horizontal space in CV1's death boss room.
>>
I didn't know how to stun lock Death in CV1 as a kid, I used to beat him with triple shot boomerang. there was an issue of NP that said Death's weakness was Holy Water and I thought it was a mistake.
>>
>>2777156
What did it say about Frankenstein? I can never beat him consistently thanks to the damn fire-throwing fleaman.
>>
>>2777156
Same here, always thought holy water was shit. I was fighting all the bosses with the boomerang + dodging. I only discovred decades later that holy water was really effective to palarayze bosses.
>>
Is it even possible to beat Death in Castlevania 1 with the whip?

For me there are only 2 ways, the hard one with the boomerang cross, and the easy one with the holy water.
>>
>>2776826
Using holy water for death is embarrassing, just stick to II or III cross and you have a much more enjoyable fight.
>>
sypha's lightning completely wrecks death in 3, holy water wrecks him in 1. i think he's a little easier in 3 without lightning than he is in 1 without holy water.

>>2779091
if you have triple shot holy water, stand on the platform right in front of him and start chucking holy water and whipping. igor won't be able to move.
>>
I used to use Holy Water against Death simply because that reasoning made sense to me as a child. "Well, deaths a ghost/zombie/demon? Holy water should do! Worked in the Exorcist!"

Reasoning such as this defined much of my childhood. And often was faulty.
>>
>>2780363
Pretty cool. That is some Sierra adventure game logic right there.
>>
>>2780318
Here's a video of someone doing it without upgrading their whip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEe2jtW37ZY
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.