[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wow these games are shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 9
File: Super_Star_Wars_(NA).jpg (59 KB, 640x447) Image search: [Google]
Super_Star_Wars_(NA).jpg
59 KB, 640x447
wow these games are shit
>>
>>2775201
LOL
Is this some tryhard bait? Those were incredible. Some people have trouble with Empire cause it's tough, but what on earth is your problem with Super Star Wars?
>>
This feels a lot like an Euro game in design. The way you're always overwhelmed by enemies and projectiles and you have little invincibility time between hits.
The only strategy against bosses seem to be spawn a health extension saber and a bunch of blaster power up items, stand still tanking hits and fire at each other until one of you dies.
>>
>>2775206
It did have great graphics and sound for the time.
The spinning saber jump is great.
>>
>>2775208
>The only strategy against bosses seem to be spawn a health extension saber and a bunch of blaster power up items, stand still tanking hits and fire at each other until one of you dies.

It sounds like you're just terrible at the game. Neither of those things is necessary and just standing there and firing is idiotic. That you find the enemy count "overwhelming" is pretty hilarious. Is this one of the first SNES action games you ever tried or something?
>>
>>2775209
It's got great controls, really fun levels (even the mode 7 ones), multiple characters that are different, decent level of challenge and fun bosses.

I also really like that Super Star Wars takes about 2 hours to play through. As a teen I would put on Star Wars on one TV and then play through Super Star Wars while it was on in the background. Flying around the Deathstar getting ready for the trench run while Luke was doing the same in the movie was always great.
>>
>>2775213
I don't hate the game, but how else do you defeat this boss (skip to 7:00)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWsTWkwweCI
>>
>>2775206
When it's repetitive, bland and boring it's downright awful. What the hell were they thinking when they made this awful level?
>>
>>2775220
Wow that guy is bad. Similar to what he's doing with either Chewie or Luke, but not sucking at it. With Luke he's just jumping too much and too randomly so he gets hot too much and as Chewie he's just ducking and not moving too much.

The only boss that ever game me trouble was the Cantina one for some reason. You have to get your jumps just right and keep up the fire rate. I don't even remember that one being hard.
>>
>>2775230
It sounds like you don't like scrolling action games. You could say that about almost anything. Super Star Wars series mixes things up pretty often and is rarely repetitive.

The bland and boring is opinions, what's bland about running through the Star Wars movies? What's boring about fighting off waves of enemies while dealing with tricky platforming leading up to challenging bosses? I suppose if you don't like scrolling action games like Castlevania then it would be boring, but I enjoy stuff like that.
>>
>>2775232
I watched the agdq and I'm still not convinced. Most bosses are bullet sponges with unavoidable patterns.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-hZItannK4
>>
>>2775235
We should just agree to disagree, then. I can 1cc metal slug so this isn't just a case of "gitting gud".
>>
>>2775239
I don't know what to tell you. I watched part of the video you sent and the guy was sucking pretty hard, but I don't like watching other people play video games so I didn't finish. I've played through all three of the games many, many times and they are a decent challenge but nothing ever felt unfair or unusually difficult.

>>2775243
Funny, I almost also mentioned Metal Slug. That's another one of my favorite series, but Empire aside I wouldn't say that the Super Star Wars games are on average that much harder, or harder at all.

But whatever, if you're not enjoying it then just move on to another game. It's not like there's not a boatload of them.
>>
The 8-bit versions were better.
>>
>>2775256
Explain.
>>
>>2775201

LucasArts also made an Indiana Jones game which was almost identical as far as the controls and gameplay go.
>>
>(insert beloved game) is shit!!

Epic opinion OP. Why not make a YouTube video about it? Or take it to /v/, I'll bet they love posts like these!

I've never even played Super Star Wars but I'm sick of shitposting like this.
>>
>>2775291
Exactly. Why start a thread about Star Wars games!
All you've done is knock my, "Which final fantasy is the best" thread off the board. Stupid shitposters.
>>
>>2775291
Posts like yours are worse for the culture around here than threads like this ever are. At least this guy was reasonable and actually learned a little bit about the game through this topic.

All you do is shitpost and tell people to go to /v/.
>>
I've never seen a Star Wars movie in my life, and I think the SNES Star Wars trilogy is great. all 3 are really fun games.
>>
>>2775201
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvc9_GDoWI4
>>
>>2775423
>I've never seen a Star Wars movie in my life
This is an interesting choice. Why avoid them?

> I think the SNES Star Wars trilogy is great.
Even more so considering this.
>>
>>2775428
>Why avoid them?

just had no interest in fictional space type movies, never saw any of the Star Trek movies or tv shows ever. maybe one day I''ll sit down and watch all of them.
>>
>>2775201
This music by itself make this game worth it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up71bsyEW8s
>>
>>2775432
In that case they probably wouldn't interest you. Star Wars was the first movie I ever saw and it blew my little brain at the time and then three more came and my whole childhood was obsessed with it. I still have my first grade report card that says I'm a good worked and get along with others, but should think less about Star Wars. lol
>>
>>2775218
Hell, IMO no games on the SNES pulled off Mode 7 better than these.
>>
>>2775278

That's a Factor 5 game, while Super Star Wars was programmed by Sculptured Software. In both case Lucasart only commissioned and distributed the games. They have some common ground only due the fact that they are western platform games.
>>
>>2775472
I agree with you. They look great and I would drive around Tatooine for ages not even shooting Jawas, just zipping back and forth. But from a gameplay perspective those levels aren't as interesting as the regular ones, that's really all I was saying.

>>2775507
This is true. It was deliberately made in the same mold as the Super Star Wars series though.
>>
>>2775507
>>2775561

yup. my only point was that the controls/gameplay are very similar and it shows.
>>
Oh god this is the worst level
>>
>>2775592
>not loving flying up the Death Star's rectum and blowing it's prostate to hell.

lol
>>
>>2775602
>pee pee vagina
>>
>>2775201

Definately. Star Wars games are particularly shitty, especially this mess.
>>
>>2775437
Cool story, bro. You have a blog too?
>>
>>2775291
Straight outta Neogaf
>>
>>2775230
That particular level in TESB and the Kalhar Boss Monster in the first Super Star Wars are the only truly bullshit moments in the Super Trilogy. You're just shit at the game I bet.
>>
>>2775432
You should at least give episode IV a watch. Even if it obviously fits the "fictional space type" genre, it's hard to give it its own moniker, except maybe "war" or "adventure". Oh, and don't forget to get the theatrical release if you can.
>>
>>2776062
Why do you assume that he is shit at the game?

Maybe the game is just shit.
>>
>>2775220
Real, honest answer? Don't die. The game is horribly balanced, and most of the time you can't do shit with anything less than the proton homing missiles. Shit ain't Metal Slug or Turrican for sure.
>>
I would always die a whole bunch at the second level so I gave up. Dodge the bullets or fall of the moving platforms. your call. The NES one is shit too.
>>
File: SWSotE_(Skyhook_Battle).jpg (6 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
SWSotE_(Skyhook_Battle).jpg
6 KB, 320x240
How about Shadows of the Empire?

I honestly liked it although it also has some difficulty problems too, it's still doable and the last level is a great reward for going through tortuous stages like the sewer.
>>
[Insert angry response here]
>>
>>2776546
It amazes me that people have trouble with that game.
>>
>>2776651
I thought it was a cakewalk compared to the SNES games, still loved it tho. They gameplay feels so tight compared to some of the next gen's Star Wars games.

>>2775592
It was a hell of a lot easier getting in than getting out, that's for damn sure.
>>
>>2775432
If you do, watch only the original trilogy, in the original theatrical versions.
>>
>>2777158
This. The digital remasters that came out just before the Special Editions are the best. The Special Edition of Empire actually isn't bad, but that's only because it's the one they changed the least in.
>>
>>2777169
No, fuck you, they're all bastardized crap. The only true movies are the movies that came out in '77, '80 and '83, period.
>>
>>2777192
lol watch that edge friend. First off the digital remasters are the best version, all they did was clean up a few things like the transparent cockpits in the snow speeders. Other than that, they're the same.

If you're so steeped in nostalgia that even cleaning up the original prints sets you off then I can't help you. But as someone (blogpost >>2775437) who saw them all in theatres originally and watched countless times over the years, I think the remasters are a nice improvement.

Special Editions of New Hope and Return are god awful because of all the dumb shit Lucas forced in. But the only real changes he made to Empire was adding more windows on Besbin, and I don't have a problem with that. It doesn't add much, but it doesn't fuck it up either which was a nice change.

That said, I know there was another edition of the Special Editions after the second trilogy that added young Anakin as a ghost at the end of Return. I haven't seen those versions, so Empire may have been further altered and I haven't heard about it.
>>
>>2775201
The problem with these games are that the difficulty curve is all over the place and a lot of levels seem to be designed with power ups in mind, making them a nightmare if you happen to die the first time.

I still like them and played tons of the first one as a kid but when The Sandcrawler and Cantina are hell while the final level is a complete joke you didn't spent enough time balancing the game.

The lack of passwords and limited continues in the first game didn't help either but iirc the sequels fixed that.
>>
>>2777210
The Cantina boss is a little tough, and sandcrawler outside has trickly platforming, but they're really not that hard. Also losing power ups when you die is pretty standard for old games. I can confirm personally that they're all beatable without getting a single one.
>>
>>2777210
>levels seem to be designed with power ups in mind, making them a nightmare if you happen to die the first time.

Do me a favor and never try playing shmups.
>>
>>2777228
I play shmups all the time and love them. Sexy Parodius is one of my favorite games of all time.
My issue with Super Star Wars is that a lot of levels and bosses seem to work under the assumption you have the larger blasters or health pickups. If you don't the harder levels are a crapshoot.

I've played a lot of action games and the Super Star Wars series give me way more frustration than something like Castlevania, Ninja Gaiden or Metal Slug. Maybe it's just not clicking with me.
>>
File: 1388959709679.gif (2 MB, 443x333) Image search: [Google]
1388959709679.gif
2 MB, 443x333
>>2777201
>But the only real changes he made to Empire was adding more windows on Besbin, and I don't have a problem with that.

I want to say the wampa scene was a little more gory as well but I may have imagined it. I always liked the Empire Strikes Back special edition because the changes weren't as jarring and sacrilegious as the changes to eps 4 and 6.

Anyway, to stay on topic I sort of missed out on the earlier Star Wars games (nes, Snes, etc.). I dunno they just never really appealed to me as a kid even though I loved Star Wars and platformers at the time. It wasn't until 5th gen that I started loving Star Wars games as a young teenager. Playing Dark Forces on PC and stuff like Shadows of the Empire and Rogue Squadron on N64 made me feel really immersed in that universe as opposed to just playing some side scroller based on the franchise.
>>
>>2776827
I managed to finish the game on Jedi back when I was 10. It's not a matter of having trouble, it's just that you have to embrace the fact that they are crappily designed, so if you expect stuff like enjoyable platforming segments, well thought level layouts and fun bosses, well, better search it elsewhere.
>>
>>2778419
Maybe it's that I played it when I was 20 or so and had a lot of experience with platformers and action games already, but I wouldn't say it's badly designed at all. I've always thought Jedi was fantastic. The platforming, bosses and levels were all great in that game.

But again, 10 year old experience vs 20 year old experience I'm not surprised we saw it differently.

>>2777654
>I want to say the wampa scene was a little more gory as well but I may have imagined it.

Actually, I think you are right. They added more footage of it I think.

For me these games were the ones I got most into other than X-Wing and Tie Fighter. Shadows of the Empire didn't do much for me and Dark Forces was cool but FPS isn't so much my bag. It's pretty cool how many good Star Wars games there have been over the years.
>>
>>2775201
Is better than that EA's Battlefront bullshit.
>>
>>2779730
And the god awful GBA games. If you want to see what a shit action platormer is, just try one of them.

SSW series is fucking goat.
>>
>>2775201

My Super Star Wars cartridge doesn't have the JVC logo on the label... just a blank space there instead. =/
>>
>>2775230
goddamn you are a pussy anon, go play something else then. theyre fun games, go die
>>
>>2775201
Ha. Don't listen to the nostagia fags OP. These games were shit from the start. Owned:
Zelda
Cvania IV
SMW
MMX
Metroid
s gng
starfox
Ssf2
som
soe
terranigma
others

hired super star wars. Holy fucking - what is this piece of dogshit. Look at the list above. Really look. Is super star wars fun, when compared to any of the games up there? No. I would rather play Stargate, a shit but vastly superior shitty game.
>>
>>2780770
JVC only published the initial printings of the Super Star Wars games. Later re-releases (Like the E-rated one in the OP pic from 1997 after the movies got re-released in theaters and there was a huge Star Wars popularity boom) were done by Lucasarts and dropped the logo.
>>
>>2781084

so if the initial printing wasn't "E-Rated", are there any actual differences you know of in the game? Was some violence toned-down or something?
>>
>>2781105
If I recall they were released before the ESRB was a thing.
>>
I agree.

Tedious mechanics, boring level design, obnoxious enemies.
>>
>>2775201
It's true. For some reason the 16 bit era had a "throw as many infinitely spawning enemies on the screen as possible with a really shitty zoomed in perspective where you can't see 3 feet in front of your characters" school of game design for a while
>>
>>2777201
>>2777192
>>2777169
>>2777654
"Victory Celebration" is and will always be superior to Yub Nub.

I wish there was a special edit that was just the original cut EXCEPT for replacing Yub Nub
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd7Wh4vrVyk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEi9WB18vwE
>>
>>2775260
vader transforms into a scorpion and you get a ride from a whale
>>
>>2775423
everyone has seen star wars except the characters in the movies, because they lived the star wars
>>
I know this isn't /tv/, but what's the definitive version of the original trilogy, and where can I find it? I don't want the stupid late 90s CGI or Greedo shooting first.
>>
>>2781605
harmy's despecialized editions
>>
>>2780938
>pussy

I beat all three, faggot. Doesn't make them good.
>>
File: 1364646590109.jpg (55 KB, 393x500) Image search: [Google]
1364646590109.jpg
55 KB, 393x500
>>2775206
What is even your argument for this game?

All you did was mock the guy.

I have no reason to side with you.
>>
>>2781750
I honestly thought it was another bait thread at first. Empire is known for being hard, but overall those games all have a very good reputation in general as well as around here.

We get several troll threads a day of "Super Metroid is worst game ever" "Mario objectively sucks, prove me wrong (you can')" type crap and I thought it was one of those. So I asked him what his problem with it was, and if you read the thread we got into it once I realized it wasn't just an empty troll attempt.

Anyways, as the thread shows they're obviously not to everyone's taste but I've always loved them. They're really fun arcade style action games based around Star Wars, with great controls, multiple characters, interesting level design and challenging bosses. Super Star Wars is easily in my top 10 SNES games of all time.

But that said, if you don't like them and don't want to side with me then that's fine and good. It's all just personal preferences.
>>
>>2775201
The games are shit. They got crucified, or rather the second and last did.
>>
I only own Super Return of the Jedi and I never beat it. I don't really like to play as Luke because it is awkward to fight enemies without getting hit. I think I beat most of the bosses as Chewie. I think I got to the death star level but I am not sure. I like the aesthetics of the game, but it is not that fun to play.

Also, even as a kid I wasn't much of a star wars fan.
>>
>>2775278
The Indy game is pretty bad too. It's like they reskinned star wars and added a whip. And make the gun do even less damage.
>>
>>2782345
By who?? The reviews back in the day were good. Aside from this thread the games are usually held up as classics. I've seriously seen more cries that these games were either bad or impossibly hard in this single thread than I have in years.

Especially the complaints about difficulty just seem bizarre. Are /vr/ folks in general really that bad, or is it all OP? Empire is the only one that's really got tough parts, but they're seriously not that bad. What is up?
>>
>>2783782
It's /v/ leaking in is what it is. I wouldn't be surprised if some YouTube faggot made a video about how "bad" these games are and now every 12 year old on the Internet is parroting that shit.
>>
>>2783863
I don't typically believe in the /v/ boogeyman, but have to admit this is pretty weird. Especially when people say they're good at shmups, CV, Ninja Gaiden and Metal Slug but these are too hard. I still wonder if it's all been trolling, but why?
>>
>>2781558
Stop spouting off shit you read elsewhere.
>>
>>2781541
This. I thought these games were amazing as a kid but going back to them now is almost impossible. The level designs and enemy placements are schizophrenic.
>>
>>2777606
Am I reading this right? You love SHMUPS and play them all the time, but your main problem with the Super Star Wars games is that they assume you'll be good enough to collect power ups along the way and not loose them.

Yet you say you love shmups and play them all the time.... Are you serious? This has to be a troll thread or /vr/ really has just turned to complete shit at all games.
>>
>>2775206
I think all three are hard
>>
when they try bad 3d, kinda lame. but the platforming sections are straight. Getting all three soon.
>>
>>2786061
The mode 7 levels are simple but still good fun.

>>2786058
I guess I was right. Though it's not surprising that newer gamers aren't as good at old titles like this since you're not used to action platformers, it's still a little sad to think this series is too hard for many of them.
>>
>>2777201
Empire has entirely different dialogue during that scene when Vader and the emperor are talking via hologram. That's a pretty big change.
>>
>>2786081
You might be right. I honestly only ever saw the special editions once in theatre so my memory of them isn't perfect. I just remember New Hope and Return being horribly mangled and Empire being not so bad. But that was it. Never wanted to see them a second time.
>>
>>2785790
A good shmup is still balanced around the default power set. When I die in something like R-Type or Gradius or a Cave shooter I feel like I've lost my crutch, not that I'm under equipped for what's up ahead.

I still have no idea how you're supposed to beat the later battles in Empire or the Cantina boss in A New Hope when starting from the checkpoints immediately before them, since with anything less than a plasma blaster they tend to be huge damage sponges that can two-shot Luke at his default health.
>>
>>2781548
sure, yubnub is corny as shit but at least it is recognizable (maybe due to nostalgia). If you were to show most people these songs outside of context I think most fans would instantly recognize yubnub but probably not the other. I would not be able to place the other song if played out of context because to me it just sounds like generic stock jungle music.
>>
>>2775201
they are 2D action games by Western developers, of course they're bad.
>>
>>2775201
I liked it.
>>
>>2786623

Victory Celebration is a lot better and fitting. Yub yub was just awful.
>>
>>2784330
It's a matter of the other games being satisfying in their difficulty, while all SSW has to offer is terrible framerate, lame platforming and crappy bossfights.
>>
>>2786609
>>2787381
And I still can't understand why the people in this thread have such an incredibly hard time with these games. Maybe I was at the right age and skill level, but I found them a ton of fun. Sure they're challenging, but I thought that was a good thing.

The thing I find so weird about this whole thread though is that I didn't think my experience was out of the ordinary. I've had many, many discussions about them over the years. Any time a 'best of' topic has come along, I always end up putting SSW in my top 10 SNES games. And by and large my experience talking to people about them is that they were great and held up as excellent examples of movie franchise games done right.

And then this thread. Suddenly seemingly tons of people are coming in to say they're impossibly hard, horribly designed and bad platforming. I don't know if it's just one or two guys or if /vr/ is suddenly collectively really bad at games but it's extremely weird.
>>
>>2787752

There's a whole new generation of retarded kids who confuse having internet at their fingertips with being knowledgeable and experienced. They play a game for literally a minute and a half, put zero effort into reading a manual or learning the basic mechanics of the game, and then spend 5 days bitching about that opinion they formed in 45 seconds of gameplay. It's every other thread here and it's getting old.
>>
>>2787830

even worse are the ones that come here just to parrot their favorite youtube e-celebs' opinions without even having played the game and overlooking the fact that those youtube videos are purposely done for comedic relief and don't necessarily reflect the gamer's true opinion on the game... they just focus on whatever crappy parts they can exploit for humor. much like people are quick to crack jokes about politicians rather than have a serious conversation. people like to have a laugh and kids get it all confused by taking shit all serious like the amazing autists that they are.
>>
>>2787830
>>2787835
Looks more like one super butthurt samefag crying about how much he sucks to me.
>>
>>2787856

Cool story, bro. hurr durr you suck whoopty doo mama i'm on da intranetz
>>
>>2787752
>And I still can't understand why the people in this thread have such an incredibly hard time with these games
I think you really, really over-estimate the average asshole who comments on video games on the Internet. A sizeable chunk have probably only seen some fag on YouTube play it and a lot of the rest have only played it on an emulator for 10 minutes.

It's a sad state of affairs but this is where we're at.

/vr/ used to be a safe haven from this kind of shit but we've been in free-fall quality wise for about a year now.
>>
This section of the board needs something like an age verification test like the first Leisure Suit Larry game... So for example, if someone doesn't know who Rodney Dangerfield is they're probably to young to be participating here.
>>
>>2787884

>inb4 learn to spell TOO
oops
>>
>>2787884
He gets no respect
>>
>>2787884
I vote we change the captcha to an audio one that makes you do a Shecky Greene impersonation before it lets you post.
>>
>>2775201
almost all SNES games are shit, retard
>>
>>2787921

you have shit for taste and shit for brains. how's it feel to be treated like shit based on your crappy opinion? that's all your good for... jack shit.
>>
>>2787752
They are not hard, you passive-aggressive cunts. They are just badly designed. Beating them is not a interesting at all. They are nothing more than cheap cash-ins the whole Star Wars franchise is so much filled of.
>>
Any "complaint" here basically applies to every single game in existence in the year 1992. Some stupid kids are just incapable of understanding that games have evolved and that games used to require more dedication to beat.
>>
>>2787936
I seriously have no idea what's wrong with you or why you're getting angry and resorting to insults instead of reasoning. Tons of people loved these games, they were very well received when they came out and outside of this thread are almost universally held up as classics.

If you find them boring, think they're badly designed and too difficult that's fine. You're perfectly entitled to have whatever opinion you want. But do understand that you're in the minority and most people didn't have anywhere near the troubles you did. They're classics for a reason.
>>
>>2785132

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFnueE9yBcA
>>
File: 1435635410638.jpg (142 KB, 1249x684) Image search: [Google]
1435635410638.jpg
142 KB, 1249x684
>>2781548
>>
>>2787960
Oh boy, anecdotal evidence, let's bring it up to the table. All the speedrunners of the game I've seen cannot help but deride the crappy Mode 7 sections, the heavy handed platforming in a run'n'gun game, and especially the boss fights. I cannot for the life of me see these poor attempts at run'n'gun hailed as classics.
>>
>>2789016
>Oh boy, anecdotal evidence
And then you start talking about speedrunners. Speedrunners? Really? That's your argument? I'm really starting to agree that you must have barely even played these games and are just parroting youtube and ecelebs. Yeesh this is embarrassing.

The mode 7 sections as has been mentioned in the thread are indeed the less interesting parts of the game. I enjoy them as a break but I can imagine some guy wanting to speedrun the game would get frustrated. I've never given a shit about speedrunning though.

> the heavy handed platforming in a run'n'gun game

And this is just one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. Some kid in 2015 takes a glance at the game, decides it looks like a run and gun and then complains that it didn't fit his pre-concieved notion.

The Super Star Wars games aren't run'n'guns, they're platforming action games. If you suck at platforming and wanted a Star Wars themed Metal Slug game then I'm sorry you didn't bother to look into it for five minutes before playing, but I can't help you with that.

And again, if you don't like them that's fine and dandy. If other millennial speedrunners find it too hard as well you can commiserate with them, but I grew up in an era where these and games like them were praised.
>>
>>2789016
>All the speedrunners of the game
Holy shit I can't believe I missed this post.

Are you fucking serious?

>>2789352
>just parroting youtube and ecelebs
Literally the worst kind of people. When some big e-celeb faggot does a video on a game, you better be prepared for every thread on that game from now on to just be people parroting that shit. Unbelievable. It amazes me that the standard for discussion of video games on the Internet has gotten even lower over the last few years.
>>
>>2787990
I know that game well, but you're still spouting off shit you saw elsewhere. And that dont make it anymore/less awesome really.
>>
>>2787884
>>2786080
>>2787830
>>2784330

I genuinely liked and found Metal Slug easier than the SNES Super SW which I now have found via online emulator. I would very much like to finish Super SW but I get stuck in the Sandcrawler. If I had more games when I had the genesis (back in the middle 90s) I would read the manual back and forth 15 times probably. It's a fun game but it's definitely hard for me.
>>
>>2789687
It sounds like what you wanted was a Metal Slug style run and gun game. The Star Wars games aren't that, they're much more about platforming. If you got stuck on the Sandcrawler then this really isn't the right series for you. Platforming only gets harder.

If you're emulating you could at least play on easy and use save states, but if it's not a style of game you like then there's really no point.
>>
>>2789707
I know what platforming is my man, it's just that I was never good at it, kek. No I wasn't asking for another metal slug, just stating my opinion.
>>
>>2789713
That's all I'm really agreeing with. If platforming isn't your thing and you're not good at it, this isn't a good series for you.

But there are so many games out there you'll never be able to play them all anyways, so just find what you like and go with it.
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.