[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Every Tribes game is now legally available to download for f
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: TribesRules.png (2 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
TribesRules.png
2 MB, 800x600
Every Tribes game is now legally available to download for free! Grab them here - http://www.tribesuniverse.com

Also, Tribes thread.
>>
Odd that there's even a ps2 iso in there
>>
>>2768371
Ps2 tribes was goat. There's still people playing it
>>
>>2768371
Well, emulators are completely legal and it should be possible to make an iso that could be run on a normal console if they could do something like that for demo disks.
>>
>>2768370
Why? Multiplayer is dead.
>Unreal was better.
>>
>>2768803
>quake3 was better
>>
>>2768813
Debatable. Deus Ex 1 was made with Unreal Engine and GOTY.
>>
>heavy flag runner
>blood eagle flag stolen from diamond sword base by a blood eagle tribesman
>>
>>2768370
What's the best way for a newfag to get into the series?
>>
tribes was a lot of fun. The transport was hilarious. Wish would have played more.
>>
>>2768370
This is awesome news, hopefully it will spawn a resurgence. I played so much Tribes and Tribes 2.

Anyone else remember T2 in the first couple of days when Shrike controls were way sensitive and no one had learned to fly yet. Good times.

Also Shifter serves in Tribes 1. Arbitor and Engineers were full of exploits that I would... exploit constantly. Teleport beacons in bases, remote mines behind generators, they had to keep switching changing the mod around me and I had to keep switching names lest everyone drop when I showed up. Those were some fun times!
>>
Tribes 2 was amazing. How did the original compare?
>>
Who /war2003/ here?
>>
>>2772727
yarp
>>
Thank you
>>
>>2772241

All of the classic Tribes games still have a small but active online community. Tribes 2 is my favourite and a good starting point if you're new to the series. Get the unofficial patch at TribesNext.com so you can join/host servers and dive in!
>>
File: p66.jpg (208 KB, 1024x806) Image search: [Google]
p66.jpg
208 KB, 1024x806
I'll always be slightly bitter at how the Tribes series overshadowed and "killed" the Earth/Starsiege mech games.

Tribes was pretty fun though.
>>
File: 220px-Cyberstorm_Cover.jpg (20 KB, 220x254) Image search: [Google]
220px-Cyberstorm_Cover.jpg
20 KB, 220x254
>This is awesome news, hopefully it will spawn a resurgence.
Pretty sure Tribes will be forever dead with Ascend. People who remember Tribes now are well into their 30's. Remember 5 years ago the hype train around that game and how good it was?... until they fucked it with power micro transactions.
>I'll always be slightly bitter at how the Tribes series overshadowed and "killed" the Earth/Starsiege mech games.
Agreed. At least we got 3 excellent mech games out of it... that's more than most.

Also Missionforce: Cyberstorm is a good one to add to your playlist if you were into classic Earthsiege.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a-J93GhW_I
>>
>>2772294
>hopefully it will spawn a resurgence

FYI: http://www.playmidair.com/
Being worked on by former members of the Dynamix team that created Tribes in the first place.

>Anyone else remember T2 in the first couple of days when Shrike controls were way sensitive and no one had learned to fly yet.

You mean the big drunk missiles that screamed when they exploded?

>>2774791
>Pretty sure Tribes will be forever dead with Ascend

Those fucking ski mechanics and restrictive loadouts...
The license may be dead but there's still hope for the playstyle.
>>
>>2773740
STARSIEGE WAS SO GOOD
>>
File: screen11.png (570 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
screen11.png
570 KB, 1024x768
>>2775090
>You mean the big drunk missiles that screamed when they exploded?

lol that's pretty much what they were. Person after person ordering one and then immediately flipping upside down and crashing, or careening into the side of the base. Good times!

Tribes spoiled me on every other FPS game, they all just looked boring after it. I never tried Ascend though. One of my old Tribes friends tried to get me into it, but the loadout thing really put me off.

I still have screenshots I took way back when I'd wanted to to a Tribes themed painting. Always really liked the design of Shrikes.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.