[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any tip for mania in this game? Enemy speed gets pretty crazy.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Streets_Of_Rage_2_-EUR-.png (280 KB, 256x349) Image search: [Google]
Streets_Of_Rage_2_-EUR-.png
280 KB, 256x349
Any tip for mania in this game? Enemy speed gets pretty crazy.
>>
get gud.
>>
>>2763958
JUST GO CRAZY NIGGA
>>
Use Max.
>>
>>2763958

Be the game Neo.
>>
I'm actually trying to do a Skate Mania run right now without using continues (failing to anyway). It's a real pain but the idea is to take the stage nice and slow while managing your enemies.

If you get surrounded your best bet is to just throw enemies into each other to give yourself some time to breath.

The most obnoxius part of mania is that if an enemy is in range to hit an attack it WILL attack while being obnoxious of staying just out of your range which is a PITA with Skate's range.

Who are you playing as anyway? You can probably spam Axel's forward, forward B
>>
>>2765874
Yeah what i dislike about mania is mainly the massive speed boost on enemies, i prefer when beat 'em ups have more but slower enemies. Still, i will get used to it i guess.

>Who are you playing as anyway?
Axel. Spamming grandpapas is not a really good strategy for mania, it leaves you vulnerable to enemies.
>>
>>2766093
>grandpapas
kek
>>
>>2766093

I guess the lastsuppas are only good when you have a second player to watch your back. The closest I've ever gotten to beating Mania with no continues was playing the game with an Axel player with myself as Skate.

I know this is a tool assisted run but you can get some good ideas from watching it. Also, look up "gsaurus" on youtube, he has a huge collection of videos with glitches and AI breakers for this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtRY6U3koh8
>>
>>2766114

kek seconded
>>
File: Streets_of_Rage_3_(box_art).jpg (56 KB, 337x473) Image search: [Google]
Streets_of_Rage_3_(box_art).jpg
56 KB, 337x473
>>2763958
Yeah. Play the superior game.
>>
The turbo switch on knockoff controllers make you near unstoppable.
>>
>>2769625
I actually like SoR3 but the amount of gimmicky levels is annoying. Otherwise i don't have many complains.
>>
>>2769638
no it doesn't.... why would you want to use turbo in this game anyway? it's counter-productive...
>>
>>2765874
>If you get surrounded your best bet is to just throw enemies into each other to give yourself some time to breath.

That, or to try and kill as many of them as possible, as fast as you can. Using your super specials to kill big groups will actually save you more health than what you lose for using supers.

>staying just out of your range which is a PITA with Skate's range.

Even when enemies attack at the first chance, they still do it slower than Skate can. They have a small delay. You can give them a jab, dash in, grab, then use the tummy kick or the migrane or just throw them.

I can only get to around stage 5-6 on mania... there is no way to manage enemies by that point anymore.
>>
>>2769648

I usually make it to the elevator on stage 7 with 8 or 9 lives remaining but I lose maybe 6 lives due to all the nonsense they send your way. It's cake with two players but I get overwhelmed and everytime I throw someone to attempt crowd control I just get jabbed or knocked down by bikers, thugs, kickboxers etc. And then I go through maybe 4 lives on the final stage but at that point I need to use a continue.
>>
File: Teddy Rubskin.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Teddy Rubskin.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>2769074

>RATATA
>>
>>2766093
>grandpapas
Dresden paws.
>>
>>2763958

Good good newb.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.