[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that friend who used Vanish + Doom on all the bosses without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: disgusting.jpg (16 KB, 347x346) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.jpg
16 KB, 347x346
>that friend who used Vanish + Doom on all the bosses without even trying to beat them first
>>
File: haman is incredulous.jpg (50 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
haman is incredulous.jpg
50 KB, 960x720
>>2763801
>that friend who cares how other people play videos games and judges people on their ability to beat a shitty boss fight
>>
ff6 is easy as shit anyway
>>
>>2763801
>Vanish + Doom on all the bosses

lolwut in ff6 the 90% of the boss are immune to vanish and doom.
>>
>>2763810
you know a lot about videogames :^)
>>
File: pap07.jpg (185 KB, 744x544) Image search: [Google]
pap07.jpg
185 KB, 744x544
>>2763806
>that friend who doesn't care how other people play videos games
>>
I would just drop the plaque on lord British's head and cast armageddon
>>
>>2763810
Nope. Most bosses are immune to doom, but if you cast vanish on them (which they're not immune to), they become vulnerable to doom. 2 turn win, even against the very last bosses.
>>
>>2763801

what's the point of playing if you're going to cheese the game? for me, challenge is rewarding.
>>
>>2764547
Then why the fuck did you pick a jayperguer?
>>
>>2764568

RPGs are story driven, that's true, but they're still games. they generally aren't difficult but figuring out boss weaknesses etc. is part of it. the only reason to cheese is to play it like its a graphic novel, and with LPs there's even less reason to do that.
>>
I'm firing up a game of Final Fantasy 7 every possible gameshark code enabled. Fuck you niggers.
>>
>>2764630

how am I an elitist? I'm not dictating how others play games, I'm just stating that I can't relate to those who want to cheese/savescum through games. games are about challenge, decisions, and problem solving. whether you play through the way devs intended, or speedrun/set challenges, it's still about overcoming challenges. without that, I don't see the point personally.
>>
>>2764490
>2 turn win

>not equipping the Gem Box and doublecasting on the first turn
>>
>>2764634
>literally playing for the story
just, wow. enjoy it. you turned a game into a long movie.
>>
>>2764547
What's the point playing if you limit yourself and don't use everything the game gives you to beat it?
>>
>>2766550
is... is this autism?
>>
>>2766558
probably, i would just move on and disregard this. i highly doubt the devs/programmers intended for the vanish+doom bug to be exploited. or for it to exist considering its removal from the remake on the gba.
>>
>Gau ranks bottom of tier lists because LOL CAN'T CONTROL HIM
>4x physical damage as soon as you get him with Cat Scratch
>Rafflesia rage allows you to make every enemy in the game kill itself because the developers forgot to make anything immune to it
>>
>>2763801
So he tried beating the bosses before trying to beat them?
>>
>>2770110
> Take Gau, Relm and any other character to the Veldt.
> Use Gau's Leap and grind around until he's back.
> Use Relm's Skatch on Gau.
> Use Sketch on Gau.
> Run away from battle.
> You are now either dead or fucking unbeateable.
>>
File: 1428269319027.png (48 KB, 330x307) Image search: [Google]
1428269319027.png
48 KB, 330x307
Post yfw you beat Intangir the hard way by stealing a Debilitator early (FUCK THAT CRANE)
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.