[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Emulation General:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: 97529752750.jpg (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
97529752750.jpg
11 KB, 300x300
Ask Questions. Get Answers.

Cont. from >>2709772

Last thread went pretty well. Let's keep it going.
>>
>>2761376
I failed to find a gameboy emulator for Arch Linux that can do full screen.

When I say gameboy I say gameboy, not GBC not GBA etc. It could emulate GBA or... but it MUST emulate Gameboy.

Can someone help me to find a decent gameboy emulator for Arch Linux that is capable of proper fullscreen.
>>
>>2761396

sudo pacman -S vbam-gtk

Works great for me on i3wm
>>
I wish diablo could run in DOS mode and by extension today in DOSbox on arm devices , oh well there's always the PS one version that can be emulated on arm.
>>
>>2761396
>>2761414
It's nice people are getting involved. Hopefully the trolls stay away this time.
>>
>>2761414
Shitty sound support.
And incapable of fullscreen. There are black borders when using it. I have a 16/9 screen and I want the gameboy screen to fit my resolution.
>>
>>2761726
gambatte
>>
>>2761376
>Emulation General
>>/vg/
>>
>>2761818
Not when we're talking specifically about emulating retro games.
>>
>>2761809
It does full screen. Nice.
It have correct sound. Nice.
IT'S A FUCKING GBC EMULATOR WHICH JUST RAPED MY EYES WITH FUCKING COLORS ON ONE OF TJHE GREATEST GAME (LINK's AWAKENING). I WAS CLEAR ON THAT FUCKING PRECISE POINT. IT MUST BE A GAMEBOY EMULATOR.
>>
>>2761830
Change your settings.
>>
>>2761834
How? I put my fingers on many menu entries. And the rape never end.
>>
>>2761837
http://sourceforge.net/p/gambatte/wiki/Home/

download the wiki
>>
>>2761837
RetroArch, then. I know for a fact its Gambatte core has an option (under Core Options) for turning colorization on and off. It will also do everything you could possibly want it to do regarding aspect ratio and resolution.
>>
>>2761850
this^ It's why I recommended gambatte in the first place. I use it in retroarch. No issues whatsoever.
>>
>>2761726
>>2761830

at this rate

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Game-Boy-Original-Gray-Handheld-Console-Good-Screen-Video-Games-Tested-/272027643961?hash=item3f561c7039:g:KiQAAOSw14xWLjaC
>>
>>2761853
He's gotten the correct answer already. Issue is him at this point.
>>
>>2761850
Yes it would be perfect if raping my eyes was not mandatory. I could play with shitty graphics, shitty sound, but I will never play a game boy game with colors. If only I could find my Link's Awakening cartridge. I wouldn't need to rape my eyes. Gameboy color was probably one of the most useless handled. The only interest was to play gameboy games. GBC only games are shit.
>>
>>2761859
I don't see where. Someone suggest me an emulator incapable of fullscreen. Someone sufggest me a gameboy color emulator but not a gameboy emulator. I'm still suck.

What happened, in the past I could emulate a gameboy in 5', but now all the decent emulator have gone. Maybe in few years people will think that Link's Awakening DX is the best version. Maybe. I'm scared.
>>
>>2761861
install retroarch. Follow anons instructions.
>>2761850
>>
>>2761865
I honestly just assumed gambatte had the option. It probably does somewhere. I know for a fact you can access it through retroarch. As was explained here.
>>2761850
>>
>>2761865
All GameBoy emulators I know of also emulate GBC. And almost all of them have options to turn off the colorization so it's purely emulating a GameBoy.

RetroArch is what you want. Hell, if you so choose, you can even use shaders to roughly replicate the old GameBoy screens.
>>
>>2761872
I will try it when I have time.

>>2761879
They often have the default to emulate a GBC and not a GB. Yes a GBC can play a GB title, but it's not the same experience than with GB.

>>2761876
I try the sld version instead of qt version. My eyes were not raped, but there was no real fullscreen.

Why is it complex to have a fullscreen emulator. Why? What happen to the world?
>>
File: quzrjzsbqy[1].png (585 KB, 1200x1080) Image search: [Google]
quzrjzsbqy[1].png
585 KB, 1200x1080
:^)
>>
>>2761901
It's old for me. Was the gameboy pocket a gameboy or a gameboycolor?
>>
>>2761904
Regular GameBoy, just smaller, with a bigger screen that is a shade of gray instead of a shade of yellow/green.
>>
>>2761904

It was an unofficial Game Gear clone that was only sold in china.

Try using www.google.com
>>
>>2761915
Too lazy to use google.
>>
>>2761901
>>2761901
upload everything!
>>
Are there any emulators out there for specific systems that are better than the one's provided by retroarch?
>>
>>2761901
How do I get shaders and borders in retropie? I've been too busy to go through documentation. Haven't even had time to import all my games or get neogeo working.
>>
>>2762452
Off the top of my head:

Project64 - more compatible and with more plugin choices than Mupen64Plus
SSF - Shits all over Yabause in compatibility

Arguably ePSXe if MUH HD GRAFIX is important to you, otherwise Mednafen is better.

There may be a few other cases where the standalone version has a few improvements that haven't been merged into libretro yet. And of course the obvious case of standalones that have yet to become proper libretro cores, like Dolphin and Reicast.
>>
>>2761830
FORCE DMG MODE
O
R
C
E

D
M
G

M
O
D
E
>>
>>2762579
Already tried. It doesn't force game boy mode.
>>
>>2762452
Many of the proprietary ones are better at something, different ones are better at certain games. Much of it is personal preference and there is a lot I will trade for good shaders and easy set up. The only thing retroarch does is take some of the good emulators with shitty interfaces and make setup less shit.
>>
>>2763039
It really does save time though if you like to play on a bunch of different systems. It's kinda nice to get all the setup done at once.
>>
Is there any way to fix the crippling lag that ruins all the emulators on the Raspberry Pi 2?
>>
File: in every school or office.jpg (18 KB, 400x280) Image search: [Google]
in every school or office.jpg
18 KB, 400x280
>Raspberry Pi
nah fuck that, just get yourself one of these they are cheap as fuck and can play everything up to dreamcast without any problems

>>2762452
anything is better than retroarch, just download individual emulators and get a frontend like maximus arcade or hyperspin
>>
>>2764453

Pi is literally Radio Shack garbage.
>>
Are there additional RetroArch cores I can add or is it what it is?
>>
>>2761892

>uses arch
>doesn't have time
>>
>>2764410
Not arguing that, especially with controller support. There are still a lot of older emus on windows that run the problem games retroarch doesn't. Some of that shit isn't open source because it was made on the sly by former console devs.
>>
>>2761376
I'm new to emulating games. How does the raspberry pi 2 handle n64/ps1 games? I assume all previous Gen games work fine too right? Would you recommend getting a raspberry pi with retropie installed or not?
>>
>>2764460
>>2764425
Someone got molested by a pi. At least wait till someone starts talking about one. There's no one here to take your bait. OP doesn't care what you choose to emulate on.
>>
>>2765042
Like 60% of N64 runs well. The rest is crap. All of ps1 and the other consoles run well in my experience.
>>
>>2765049
Ok cool. Is there anything of value in that 40% that doesn't work?
>>
>>2765054
unfortunately yeah, golden eye, oot, dkc. It's not the kind of problem a better project board will solve either. I'd go with a proprietary emulator on your pc. Even then N64 emulation is far from perfect.
>>
>>2765068
Oh dang that sucks, oh well, I'll probably still get one to play other stuff. Thanks for the info though!
>>
>>2765043
Yeah there is one guy that pops in these threads from time to time and gets really defensive about the pi2 like he created it or something. I'm always mildly entertained when the autist gets summoned and goes on a rant about how great it is. I just like playing games. I started using the pi2 pic so people stopped creating threads specifically and only about the Pi2. It's worked so far.
>>
Man, I thought Retroarch was just needlessly complicated, but it really works nice after the lengthy initial configuration.
>>
Say I'm building a MAME cab. What kind of CPU am I looking for? I guess MAME doesn't rely much on GPU?
>>
>>2765198
I've never tried to specifically build for mame. It runs nicely on my gaming rig but that's on the pricey side and since you're dropping it in a cabinet you're not worrying if it will play games like witcher 3. Hopefully someone with some experience on it can give you some better advice but when you go to build it these sites will help.

http://pcpartpicker.com/

http://www.logicalincrements.com/
>>
>>2765198
http://wiki.mamedev.org/index.php/FAQ:Performance

This suggests a high end one.
>>
>>2765267
Towards the bottom of that link.

>Another thing to consider is a paradigm called "moving the optimization point". MAME's "sweet spot" is currently aimed at hardware with tilemaps, sprites, more than 256 colors on screen, and at least 2 CPUs, which is a common late-80s paradigm. Real-world examples of this include the Konami Twin16 games, the Sega X and Y boards, Namco System 2, Taito Z System, etc. It means that MAME makes more advanced games run faster at the expense of simpler hardware. The simpler hardware will work out in the end anyway due to ever-faster PCs (Pac-Man is very sub-optimal now compared with MAME 0.29 for instance, but almost any average modern system runs it with 100% speed).
>>
File: speccy.png (31 KB, 648x487) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
31 KB, 648x487
Hey guys, I'm trying to play some Bushido Blade on ePSXe 1.9.25, but the game has constant FPS drops and the sound is stuttering as all hell.
I've been using Pete's OpenGL2 2.9 since forever with no problems in other games but this one is too much. I've tried fidlding wiht the settings but no help. Pic releated is my system specs
And yes, I did switch it to use the actual GPU, not the crappy integrated one.
>>
>>2765287
I'd give pcsx a shot at the game.
>>
>>2765304
Yeah, that did it, thanks.
>>
>>2765415
NP. Here to help if I can and learn if I can't. I haven't encountered a game yet on psx I couldn't emulate with pcsx.
>>
>>2765287
Weird, i've played that game fine with way worse specs with same emulator/plugin.
>>
>>2766120
Sometimes specific hardware can be bitchy. It's nice to have more than one option for emulation.
>>
What's the best system that can be emulated by an ODROID C1+ without dropping framerates or fucked up textures/models?
>>
I'd like to emulate some lightgun games, cheaply. Should I go with a Wiimote, a PS Move, something else entirely? Any recommendations?
>>
>>2766551
Seconding.

Been wondering this myself... especially since the best way to play the original House of the Dead is thru emulation. Dumb Sega "losing" it.
>>
Okay maybe somebody here can help me out. I'm trying to emulate the Famicom Disk System via NesterJ on the PSP. After I confirm the bios I get an "unsupported board" error when I try to load the roms. I've tried different bios, different roms, different versions of nesterj and none work. I've seen discussions on forums claiming it works so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here.
>>
>>2764453
Does this thing have TV out?
>>
Anyone know how to I transfer save files from retroarch on my PC to genplus GX on my wii?

I tried putting the .srm file from my PC onto the flash drive and sd card but my save files(I'm at Death Egg on retroarch) are nowhere to be seen in the file select screen.
>>
>>2761376
Has anyone tried playing Tales of Phantasia(psx) and Tales of Eternia with rasberry pi?
>>
>>2766551
I've used a Wiimote when emulating NES games on the Wii like Duck Hunt, Hogan's Alley, etc.
It was a fun experience as long as you turn off the crosshair. Otherwise it's piss easy.
>>
What are some good USB controllers besides the 360/PS3/One/PS4 and retro imitation controllers?
>>
>>2767690
Buffalo SNES retro gamepad. They're only like eleven bucks and work great. You can also just buy adapters off alibaba and use original controllers as well.
>>
>>2767732
second this. plus they don't feel cheap at all
>>
>>2766814

I have and it sucks shit just like all the crap emulators on pi.
>>
>>2766773
I don't have experience with that emulator specifically but I'm quite good at making saves work, if you can hook me up with the save you have and a new one made by the Wii emulator for the same game (just at the start or something) I'll see what I can do.
>>
>>2767732
Supporting this, got one recently and use it for everything from NES to GBA emulation on my TV. It's fantastic.
>>
>>2766814
I'll fire it up tomorrow and let you know. I haven't encountered a psx game that didn't run perfectly fine yet though.
>>2767741
rolls eyes. I wish they guy you're trying to trigger would show up already. I could use a bit of entertainment.
>>
>putting the Raspberry Pi in the OP again.

I would not recommend anyone get that for emulation. No model of it can run 5th gen games at full speed, it's a pain to set up controllers, and when you factor in storage, a power supply and a case, it's well above $35.
>>
>>2767296
What software/drivers/what-have-you did you use?

I tried Glove Pie (pie? Pi? P.I.E.? I don't remember) but it relied on mini custom programs written for different functions. Couldn't find one that felt right with light gun arcade stuff.
>>
>>2767690
I've been using a PlayStation to USB adapter for years. Supports most varieties of PlayStation controllers. Hasn't let me down yet, from the Dual Shock to the Street Fighter pad.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-10-29-01-42-11.png (776 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-10-29-01-42-11.png
776 KB, 2560x1440
Who /emulating on android/ here?

Currently only have My Boy. Games: Golden Sun 1+2, Pokemon Sapphire, and Mother 3.

The touchscreen controls really limit the amount of games you can enjoy. Games with quick precise movements? Out. Games with lots of multi - button inputs? Out.

But it makes for a good jrpg machine. Any other good systems or titles to check out?
>>
>>2761726
It's gonna look terrible all stretched out anon
>>
>>2768456
Fire Emblem (7) and the Advance Wars series is surprisingly fun
>>
So, I just discovered /vg/ has their own emugen now, and it's full of stupidity.

>>>/vg/120426819
>>
>>2768492
Both are full of stupidity, just not the same kind of stupidity.
>>
>>2768492
kek
>>
>>2768456
>The touchscreen controls really limit the amount of games you can enjoy. Games with quick precise movements? Out. Games with lots of multi - button inputs? Out.
>But it makes for a good jrpg machine. Any other good systems or titles to check out?

Spot on, man.

I tried to get into mobile emulation when I got my first smartphone. Touchscreen is a total game killer.

But as you said, it does work with some genres and styles. Try:

Anything pinball.
Seriously. Only needing one button per thumb is still totally enjoyable and doable.

The Picross games for SNES and Gameboy.

RPGs (as you already said)

Turn based strategy that isn't necessarily RPG related? I dunno.
>>
>>2768456
Is there a way to fix that godawful bilinear scaling filter?
>>
>>2766814
Both playing fine.
>>
>>2768456
>>2768636
yeah, basically

epsxe seems to work pretty well for sound/visuals for most of the stuff I play; jrpgs/tactical seem to run smoothly with some
exceptions:

I just finished black matrix 00 and starting black matrix cross--anyone know any psx games with good voice actors?

paro wars: battle animation is buggy but you can just disable this. CPU takes a bit for their turns, but not really much longer than advance wars, easy mode is much faster.
>>
>>2769000
There is, but you can barely notice it on the real thing.
>>
for those who don't like playing emulators on your computer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM7xVCtHw98
>>
>>2769414
Emulated... Incorporated...
>>
>>2769789

???
>>
>>2769414
Looks pretty legit.

Was thinking of getting one of those flash card gizmos for either DS or 3DS, but for the versatility, this seems like a more worthy investment.
>>
>>2769180
>anyone know any psx games with good voice actors?

Sort of a given, but Metal Gear Solid.

When that came out it raised all kinds of bars for acting quality in games. At the time games would employ anyone willing to put on a silly costume or talk at a microphone... then came MGS in the middle of it all and played a huge role in making things better.
>>
I'm looking to possibly get a Raspberry Pi 2. Does anyone have trouble with it or any of the software that goes with it? What's the recommended OS for it to use with libretro/retroarch?

For the other person in my household, how hard would it be for them to hook up a wireless USB keyboard/mouse and just browse the internet w/o fucking my shit up? I guess my questions come with a lack of knowledge on how retroArch will work rather than anything else.
>>
Also, what are the alternatives. I could build a system that could easily run all N64 games, but it would probably end up costing at least $300 when all is said and done. More for GC/PS2/etc. Are there any other alternatives on the same price scaling as the RP2?
>>
>>2770092
>>2770112
In order of best performance to worst, when it comes to RetroArch, it's basically Linux first, then OSX, then Windows. On the pi, you'll definitely wanna install a Linux distro of some sort. You can also install Android, but it blows for performance, which can be seen from how RetroArch runs on it.

As for an alternative, you could literally grab any old Core 2 Duo shitbox (laptop or desktop) from craigslist and it'll far outperform the pi.
>>
>>2770173
Yeah I figured about the Core 2 Duo box. As far as OS's go, what distros work best? I was looking at Raspbian or Archlinux or maybe just Debian, is there much documentation on that or is it pretty much personal preference?

Thanks by the way
>>
>>2770013
yeah it is mate, its only 160 USD. I bought one about 3 weeks ago and still hasn't arrived yet unfortunately :(
>>
>>2761376
anyone use nuc's for emulation and home media crap? can anyone recommend one?
>>
>>2761376
How long do I have to wait until there's an actually good chinese gaming tablet?
>>
>>2770503
there already is one, the GPD XD
>>
I got a RetroArch problem guys. Windows 7 x64 here (until I can buy a RaspPi or make a dedicated box for my TV).

Anyways, I have a shit ton of controllers plugged in and out of my computer on the regular, and at least 2 other people aside from myself use it regularly to game somewhat regularly while I'm at work. I have at least one xbox 360 controller usually plugged in. I also always (100% of the time) have a Mayflash USB adapter for 4 GC controllers plugged in. This adapter registers the controllers whether or not they are plugged in currently in Windows, which is where my problem starts. Finally, I often use a Buffalo USB SNES controller to play most of my /vr/ on.

I've set up RetroArch to use solely the USB SNES controller. It works perfectly fine whenever and wherever as long as the Mayflash adapter isn't hooked up. However, once it is, RetroArch uses the Mayflash adapter slots instead and the USB SNES controller isn't even detectable or usable by the GUI. I can't rebind anything to it or use it at all. Anyone know how I can remedy this with the Mayflash adapter hooked up? Thanks
>>
>>2770747
Excuse my poor sentence writing in some areas, but I wanted to add that RetroArch prioritizes the USB SNES controller absolutely last, after the Xbox Controllers, Mayflash adapter (which seems to be prioritized first), and my bluetooth-connected Wii Remote (which again is listed whether or not it's currently connected).
>>
>>2770747
>>2770752
Nevermind, fixed it. Just had to set the joypad to "4" instead of "0" in the config
>>
>>2770197
DESU I only really have experience with the babby distros, namely Ubuntu and Linux Mint. Either one will work just fine, though I prefer Mint to vanilla Ubuntu. The XFCE variant (Xubuntu) also worked wonderfully for me. RetroArch works very well, especially if ran outside X in KMS. I get close to zero latency and very nice performance on even an old Core 2 Duo Macbook.
>>
>>2770765
Ah. That's really good to know actually, I'm not going to bother setting up another Debian system if xubuntu/mint will run it fine lol. Thanks
>>
>>2770872
xubuntu/mint are debian based.
>>
>>2770629
Can it run any real operating systems or is it stuck with Android?
>>
>>2770881
did you really not know what I meant
>>
Hey guys, I have a question for those of you running RetroArch: how many input devices (controllers) can you hook up to your system and see in the input menu's "Device Index"?

I have 4 controllers in my system right now, but only the first two (joypads 0 and 1) register. I can connect the others via the configuration file but it's a pain in the ass to set up. I can scroll between the first two and the "disabled" option, but I can't get to the other two. If I unplug one, the third will show but still only two input device options other than "disabled". I'm on W7 x64.

Does this happen for everyone? I assume it's a bug.
>>
>>2771541
What kind of controllers?
>>
Anyone familiar with creating shaders for the Pete's OpenGL2 plugins for PS1 emulators?

I got this kinda fancy personal dilemma: I prefer my games to look "authentic", but when emulating, I'd also like to boost the resolution for clearer image.

Now, I've been doing fine with ePSXe and older the OpenGL plugins. With games like Silent Hill, I've used 16-bit color mode, color-dithering and Dot-Matrix filter to restore some of that typical PS1 dithery looks.

However, with the OpenGL2 plugins, the color-dithering option has totally vanished, and the Dot-Matrix causes various visual glitches as well all the sudden.
I wouldn't want to sacrifice the added benefit of the recently introduced GTE accuracy hacks and widescreen modes.

So, I was wondering how much work would it take to code a shader for the OpenGL2 plugin, that would take the 32-bit color image of the emulator, and turn it into dithered 256 color mode? Would prefer to achieve something like on the right-side of pic related.

was going to ask this same thing on /vg/'s emu general, but it died just when I was typing my post.
>>
File: 1430002147738.png (1 MB, 2884x1879) Image search: [Google]
1430002147738.png
1 MB, 2884x1879
>>2772462
Either way that dithering does not look right because it's not supposed to be scaled to 966p resolution.
I think outside of some rare cases like Silent Hill it's just personal opinion anyway. Stick to what you think looks better.
>>
File: sh1 - day_native_BladeSoft.gif (893 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sh1 - day_native_BladeSoft.gif
893 KB, 1920x1080
>>2772473
that was actually a 1080p shot I grabbed from Google, and zoomed in 2x, just to show the intended effect better. I'm quite fine with how SH1 looks in its original form; hell I just replayed it once again on PS3 yesterday, on my 40" LED.

However, I do admit that the possibility of higher 3D resolution is very tempting. And when coupled with the PCSX-R + tweaked OpenGL2 plugin's capabilities of reducing the polygonal jittering and provide decently working widescreen, many of these games would look superb on modern televisions.

In case of SH1, however, the dithering is part of the visual aesthetic. It both adds to the mood AND helps it mask the environment's clipping in the darkness, which really isn't visible in the original form.

To put it short, I guess I'm trying to create the perfect "middle ground" for people who would prefer their PS1s to look like PS1 games polycount and texture quality-wise, but without the unsharp image of 240p or dancing polygons caused by inaccurate vertex placement.
>>
>>2772486
Wait for PCSX1, it will have increased internal res and dithering, it's basically a fork of PCSXR with an fork of PCSX-ReARMed's NEON renderer that work on non ARM system.
>>
>>2772565
sounds interesting. Hadn't heard of that one yet.
>>
>>2771541
You likely need to edit a configuration file.
>>
File: 1368178775376.png (6 KB, 821x464) Image search: [Google]
1368178775376.png
6 KB, 821x464
>>2772473
>>2772486
What is so hard about integer ratio scaling? It looks crap because it is scaled wrong.
>>
File: Capture.png (87 KB, 1027x402) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
87 KB, 1027x402
How is this allowed?
>>
>>2774445
The best part is some people actually defend it.
>>
>>2766770
yes no hdmi though
>>
>>2774449
how can someone defend this?
>>
>>2774461
Zilmar has a few asslickers that worship the ground he walks on.
>>
File: 1441479660821.jpg (34 KB, 407x600) Image search: [Google]
1441479660821.jpg
34 KB, 407x600
>>2774445
> ,including the class action waiver

>mfw
>>
>>2774445
At least it's clear you can cancel the offer or cancel the installation. One time I installed this software that had a screen asking me to also install ask toolbar or something and the buttons were cancel, agree, and next. But next wasn't the next step of the install, no, the ad read "by clicking agree you agree to install this and make it your homepage as well. By clicking next you just install it." i had to exit out of that window and then was brought back to the rest of the normal install.
>>
File: 1442019420491.jpg (37 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1442019420491.jpg
37 KB, 960x960
>>2761376
So I went full retard an ordered a Raspberry Pi B+ instead of a Pi 2 B. I was comparing tabs at the time and I fucked up and didnt realise till I got it.

I only want to emulate 16-bit era and below, can I do that at full speed with the Pi 1 B+?

They accidentally sent me two kits, so now I have two of the wrong fucking pi's.

Should I just sell them and buy the Pi 2?
>>
>>2774591
I had a pi B+ and used it for emulating 16 bit and below before the Pi2 came out. It worked perfectly fine for that but you still definitely want a Pi2. Luckily the Pi2 uses all the same peripheral parts as the Pi B+. It's 6 times faster and does all the PS1 games nicely with some of N64. I use my old Pi B+ as a CUPS print server these days. Make sure you order from element 14 or the other official site. They're more costly from resellers on amazon. Also be sure to use a Class 10 sd card. The samsung evo cards work nicely and are cheap. I think you should resell and get the better one. Also use the build from petrockblog. I tried lakka and recalbox and none run as nicely as that one. I definitely saw smoother graphical qualities with the Pi2 even with 16 bit games. I don't see any slowdown on the N64 games that work well or any at all on psx games. The best part of these project boards is that when you upgrade you can repurpose them. I just also built the magic mirror project recently and it is nice as sheet.
>>
>>2774627
Yeah, I figured I'd want the Pi 2. At least I can re-use all the cables etc. I'll keep the Class 10 SD in mind.

Thanks anon.
>>
>>2774631
The class 10 card really makes or breaks it in my experience and no worries.
>>
>>2774631
Oh and done't forget to back up the sd image after you've configured it. It saves a lot of work to just reflash the card. win32 disk imager does this nicely.
>>
File: NewN3DSXL_black.jpg (98 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
NewN3DSXL_black.jpg
98 KB, 1000x1000
Just got one of these
what's the best flash cart for the money?
>>
>>2774683
Unless you really need 3DS piracy (I'm assuming you're mostly in it for the emulation): TubeHax
>>
>>2774787
The former is what I'm after, I read that most flash carts only support up to a certain software version, how do I check that?
>>
>>2774805
System Settings.
Although if your system is compatible with flash carts you can probably make it work with free CFWs with most of the functionality intact (maybe you can only install 3DS games in .cia format, not .3ds format).

3DS flash carts are more or less DRM keys (dongles) to make the hacks and CFWs the flash cart companies have made operate.
They could literally change a line or two of code in their hacks and you wouldn't need a card at all.
>>
>>2774683
If by some miracle you picked up a console at 9.2 or below, you can install CFW and pirate right away.
If not, you're outside of the firmware range for Gateway so Sky3DS is your only option.
>>
>>2774823
so my only option with 10.2.0-28U is sky3ds?
>>
>>2775028

for pirating 3ds games? yes.
>>
Playstation emulation, how do I do it?

I've got two emulators, Xebra and ePSXe, they seem to work fine. Sometimes I struggle a bit to get the music work, but eventually I work that out.
But good damnit how do I stop them fromt stretching every game to 16:9. I can change the windows size to a 4:3 resolution, but I'd like to play some games in full screen. Even when I tell Xebra that I want 640x480 full screen it ends up stretched. Help.
>>
>>2775028
Go return it and find one sub 9.2. They're still pretty easy to find.
>>
>>2775253
Xebra has/had a scale option somewhere that changes the output aspect. Press F12 in fullscreen to access the menu.
>>
http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-S-Video-Graphics-512-A8-N403-LR/dp/B001QMM6NU/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1446598755&sr=1-1&refinements=p_n_feature_keywords_browse-bin%3A2883248011

If I want a cheap emulation machine that ouputs to a crt tv could I just shove this thing in an old HP core duo box? Would it have the right interface and enough psu headroom?
>>
So is respberry pi 2 just terrible at all kinds of emulation?
I kind of want to make a gameboy pi
>>
>>2776029
I thought Raspberry Pi 2 was fine on like everything except PS2/N64/Dreamcast? Am I wrong? I was planning to make a lakka tv box or linux box w/ retroarch
>>
>>2776092
It does like 60-65% of the N64 catalog nicely. Many essential titles such as dkc, golden eye, and oot aren't part of that. They play terribly. All of the PSX catalog and other systems it does nicely. Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64 are perfect. It performs exactly as advertised. JUst watch some youtube vids and use a class 10 micro sd card. Samsung evos are cheap and fantastic as I've previously mentioned.
>>
>>2776092
you are correct. There are many things a Pi2 won't do well but the things it does well are properly documented.
>>
Anyone have experience with Orange Pi?
>>
>>2776360
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. What OS do people generally run for RbPi 2? Retropie or something or just a linux distro with RetroArch?

Also, can it do shaders fine as well?

Thanks a ton
>>
File: start (fire).png (149 KB, 801x603) Image search: [Google]
start (fire).png
149 KB, 801x603
Hi, I've had trouble with emulation for a good while now. I run my computer to a 42" flat TV using the generic monitor cable with all the pins, the TV happens to have the female end. I used to run everything fine. My dog walked on my keyboard one day and now I can't full screen properly. The resolution is always off. The image is always way off center. Here's the weird part. I've reformatted my computer since then. The problem continued. I am 100% positive I used to run all my emulators in full screen on the same computer and monitor. Also I thought I had everything backed up, but I didn't so now I'm only left with my NES emulator. I know the main page has links on where to get this stuff, but honestly those websites are so dirty. I'm still currently looking for a full sega collection of roms. ZSNES and a full collection of SNES roms, but really if you guys can figure out my fullscreen issue that'd be so cool!
>>
>>2776092
PS1 won't work well either.
>>
>>2775341
Cool thank you. Now how do I make the FMV's run fluidly?
>>
>>2774683
>>2774787

How does the homebrew scene look right now on the 3ds? I have a NDS with the DSTwo and it's tight for nds, gba and nes. Everything else is shit, how does that look on the 3DS and are there any interesting homebrew apps for it?

To think of it I should try playing angband on the nds, shame I prefer the tiles and that's not ported.
>>
>>2776726
I heard someone ported portal to it
>>
>>2776451
What game is that?
>>
>>2776894

Oh wow just saw it on youtube, seems like it should have emulators etc just fine.
>>
>>2776457
PS1 is okay. Saturn on the other hand…
>>
what do you guys recommend for me to play PS1 games on my PC?
ive tried epcxe and well...either it works and i just dont know how to configure it properly or its shit because a lot of games i tried to play on it end up with a WMM grainy filter over it and then crashing
>>
What is the state of netplay these days?
Any emulators do it properly, can you play it flawless?
>>
>>2777264
You might be having issues. I've never had ePSXe crash out on me, and I've been using it since 1.5.2. What BIOS did you pick? Post a screencap of your video settings as well.

ePSXe and PCXS-R or whatever the fuck it is called are the two plug-in based emulators currently being developed. Mednafen has a PSX emulation core that's very good, but it requires .bin+.cue format if I recall correctly. All three are more or less acceptable depending on the game and situation. If one doesn't do the game you want, try another.

>>2777617
Last I checked most everyone had given up on trying to make netplay flawless, and are just focusing on accuracy and compatibility now. Your best bet is to use the same old emulators with Killara or whatever it was called. And it still has the same desync issues it's always had.

Your other option is to play through one of those browser-based emulators, I hear people do netplay on those with some success.

Odds are netplay will never be flawless, since the emulated hardware expects neither player to have any sort of lag, and the games were never designed to deal with lag compensation techniques. Good luck.
>>
>>2777686
There's the GGPO method, which RetroArch utilizes, that works much better with little lag and desync issues. Only drawbacks are that it's more resource-intensive, and can only work for two players.
>>
File: 1446514698889.png (4 MB, 2880x2160) Image search: [Google]
1446514698889.png
4 MB, 2880x2160
The thread it was posted in seems to be dead, anyone know what shader this pic is using?
>>
>>2770092

There's a project called RetroPie on Rasbian that does a nice job of pulling together EmulationStation and RetroArch with a minimum of fuss. I have mine hooked up to my CRT and I think it's great. FBA runs a lot of my arcade ROMS full speed.

The advantage of the RPi2 over conventional PCs is that it uses very little power and is very small plus it has a native composite out so you can plug it directly to a CRT. But any old Core 2 shitbox will outperform it by like 15x-20x. Web browsing on the RPi is slow because of the limited processor and RAM.
>>
>>2777730
looks like CRT-Royale
>>
File: FinalBurnAlpha.png (26 KB, 561x437) Image search: [Google]
FinalBurnAlpha.png
26 KB, 561x437
What are the best FBA settings for authenticity"and the best for quality on a Multiscan CRT screen?
Also what resolution am I actually using if I choose "Single size" for fullscreen? The original arcade resolution i assume?
>>
>>2777730
>>2777751
Maybe crt Royale with no halation or diffusion. For whatever reason that shader has the worst halation I've ever seen
>>
>>2777686
>>2777705
I appreciate the answers.
Thanks guys.
>>
>>2772462
>and turn it into dithered 256 color mode?

PS1's framebuffers are 15bit wide, from a 24bit source. I advice you to study the internal workings of plugins such as Bladesoft or Mednafen's internal rendering and see if you can get a shader to replicate that algorithm.
>>
>>2761376
Question for pi fags who us CRT
Are you satisfied with the composite output? Anyway to get rgb or component out from pi?
>>
>>2778529
Interested as well.

The Pi is said to have a decent composite encoder (better than the N64 at least, haha) but I've never experienced it since all my CRT only have SCART inputs and I was too lazy to grab two adapters (3.5mm jack on the Pi, and Shit-to-Scart on the TV).

For RGB, you'll need a HDMI-to-RGB downscaler. This might add lag.
>>
I'm having a blast with the emulator avalible for the Wii. I've tried the SNES, NES, Sega and GameCube amulator. What are some other great emulator for the wii and some games to play. I prefer playing GBA on my PSP
>>
Does anybody own this controller for emulation? Is it good? Bad?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Snes-USB-Classic-Famicom-Controller-Joypad-For-All-PC-MAC-Super-Nintendo-Games-/400868920963?hash=item5d55a64e83
>>
>>2779253
I don't own that one but I have an iBuffalo and I can attest to it's reliability. I don't really use the turbo/clear, but everything else works perfectly. I taped two nickels and a penny to the inside of the case and now it even weighs as much as a real SNES controller.
>>
>>2774445
Click the cancel on the left to skip the malware install.

It's bullshit, but mupen doesn't emulate conker well.
>>
Seriously question, what's the point of using the pi for emulation when you can just install the emulators on your pc?
>>
>>2780092
I mainly like the size. It boots right into my emulators when I click it on and I control everything with a wireless controller from my couch. I could install retroarch on a pc. I've certainly got enough old ones laying about. I just don't really like a lot of clutter about honestly. My old pi b+ is a cups print server these days. I've got another pi2 doing the magic mirror project. It's just a fun bit of kit really that you can repurpose to do other stuff.
>>
Can anyone point me to either an English subbed (not dubbed) Ys IV rom, or a clean one (so I can patch it myself) for PC Engine/Turbografx?
Very tricky to find a download that says exactly what it is..
>>
>>2767732
is there something like the buffalo for sega gamepads? I mean in terms of quality like how everyone seems to say the buffalo is the best snes clone controller.
>>
Best methods for emulating lightgun games with authentic-ish controls?
>>
I want to create an emulation box that boots up near instantly like those bootleg multigame NES systems. Is this doable somehow?
>>
File: Pinball Dreams II 7.png (28 KB, 320x350) Image search: [Google]
Pinball Dreams II 7.png
28 KB, 320x350
I'm having an issue with Dosbox SVN Daum where it won't let me use both shift keys simultaneously. This makes pinball games completely unplayable as a result. Does anyone know a workaround?
>>
>>2780092
It has composite out put to crts and emulating 2d games on a high-res lcd looks like crap.

Other than that, you're PC is most-likely a far superior machine.
>>
>>2781112
Pi2 does that.
>>
>>2781446

hahahahaha

no.

Bootup is still about 45 seconds on mine, using the stock Retropie 3.0 image. Sure, it'll boot up to the splash screen unattended but it's a very far cry from instant.

If anyone wants to call me out, feel free to post vids of your setup booting. I'd love to get it faster.
>>
>>2761726
> I have a 16/9 screen and I want the gameboy screen to fit my resolution.

It's horrible anon, those games aren't meant for 16/9. Having the black border is golden i don't know if you're trolling or not ?

also gambatte
>>
>>2781460
It's linux. I think I've actually rebooted mine twice since I set it up near the beginning of this year. I just change the input and bam it's there. Obviously don't leave it in a game. I just leave it in the emulation station interface.
>>
>>2779480

I just taped 10 pennies to the inside of my iBuffalo, now it feels fucking great. Thanks for the tip, anon.

OEM Controller weight: 72 grams

iBuffalo starting weight: 61 grams

iBuffalo modded weight: ~92 grams
>>
>>2780419

I am also interested in this. I have one of those $5 ones from ebay on the way right now, will let you know how it feels when it gets here.

They also make mega drive -> USB adapters so you can use your actual old pads, but I haven't tried one.
>>
>>2761376
there is already an emulation general on /vg/

just making sure you are aware, considering that it already has copypasta and a large following
>>
>>2769190
its barely noticable which makes it all the more confusing that it is a fucking default. it makes everything blurry as fuck and strains your eyes
>>
>>2781618
Is this a joke or is there actually room for coinage inside the controller. I'd like to give mine a bit more heft as well.
>>
>>2781812

No, I'm not memeing. There is room for some coins around the bottom parts where your hand grips it, it did take some trial and error to find spots that wouldn't interfere with the controller closing.

It's sort of complicated for me to take pictures, but I'll have a go at it just 4 u bby
>>
File: IMG_0008.jpg (274 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0008.jpg
274 KB, 960x720
>>2781812
>>2781618
>>2779480

Opens with 5 phillips #1 screws on the back, though you might need a narrow driver since two of them are recessed fairly deep.

I used my ifixit screwdriver set which takes 1/8" bits as compared to the more common 1/4" ones.
>>
File: IMG_0011.jpg (283 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0011.jpg
283 KB, 960x720
>>2781812
>>2781856

As you can see, there's the timing crystal and some crap in the way in the middle. With the weights solely in the bottom it's a little bottom-heavy, but tends to be canceled out by the weight of the cord. I still might try to find something to weight the top as well, I think the heavier the better.

Oh and I put two little hearing-aid sized lithium cells in the center of those big supports cause I had them laying around,
>>
Now sure if this is the place for flashcart discussion, but does anyone know of a save patch for Donkey Kong 64 that doesn't add a scene intro to the start of the game?

This is the only game with an intro on my everdrive and I need it gone
>>
File: 1395897616508.png (729 KB, 799x600) Image search: [Google]
1395897616508.png
729 KB, 799x600
Does anyone know how the fuck I'm supposed to play multiplayer games over the internet on epsxe? I spent days trying to figure it out months ago and I forgot about it until now.

I really REALLY want to play some Battle Hunter with my skype friends who have never heard of the game.
>>
Any good SNES-clone controllers for the new Apple TV? That thing is going to be awesome for emulation.
>>
>>2782628

8bitDO controllers are supposed to be the best bluetooth ones, though I don't own one (kinda pricey at $30). Don't own an applel tv either for same reason so no clue about USB, bluetooth input methods etc
>>
Do rom carts for actual consoles go here? I don't wanna make a whole thread about it.

I also wonder what kind of carts are available for GBC. I'd like to play pokemons without worrying about a battery taking out my save.
>>
>>2782959
They are emulation. I don't see any conflict.
>>
>>2782959

Just buy any old cart off ebay, trade yourself any good pokemon and replace the save battery before you start your own file.

It literally takes 5 minutes, if you don't own a soldering iron then find a nerd friend who does and buy him a six pack/ $5 each to do all your carts.

Alternative is to just suck it up and pay ~$30 for a cart on ebay that comes with a new batt already installed.

The pokemon games are one of the few series that I exclusively play on actual hardware because I enjoy the trading/battling aspect and GB/GBC flashcarts are still like $80-100
>>
>>2783269
>>2782959

>>2783269

Oh and I forgot that even good flashcarts STILL don't have RTCs built in, so even if you shell out for an everdrive they're really only good for R/B/Y.

R4s (and clones) work fine for the DS ones though since the DS has the RTC built in.

The real carts can be pricey but if for some reason you end up wanting to sell them they retain their value very well. Accounting for inflation they've dropped a little bit but their nominal value is still basically the same as the day they were released.
>>
>>2781876
>>2781883
>>2781856
Thanks for that. I honestly thought it was a joke. Opening my controller now.
>>
File: emulationInfoGraphic1.png (1012 KB, 2960x1728) Image search: [Google]
emulationInfoGraphic1.png
1012 KB, 2960x1728
Shillberry Pi is an inferior emulation choice and I feel sorry for anyone who thinks differently.
>>
>>2784397
>implying modding a Xbox, Wii, or PSP isn't neckbeard material to begin with
>>
>>2784397
don't have one but i am considering the pi because it's so small
>>
>>2784852
That's a terrible reason when you consider you'll have to use a TV or monitor.
>>
>>2784880
so you don't have to add on another large device to an already large device?
>>
>>2784397
Why is the pi said to be slow as shit? Isn't it capable of running all the emulators at full speed?
>>
>>2783278
Yeah I've got a DS that's falling apart and a flash cart, I might end up just doing that. Even though I feel like a dirty cheater playing with a backlight.
>>
>>2785138
Several of the notable emulators that run on it are either very old or stripped down. Take MAME for instance. The version that runs on the Pi is from 2001 and about 130 releases out of date. The general consensus is that any post 2004 laptop would outrun the Pi in most areas. One exception would be h.264 video decoding, since the Pi has a hardware decoder for that.

The Pi is basically a crap, low power toy that people seem to gush over and recommend primarily because of the price and this perhaps understandably triggers a few people.
>>
>>2785138

Depends on your expectations. I bought my pi2 after seeing some videos of Mario Kart 64, but what they didn't tell you is that it and SM64 are pretty much the only games that are somewhat playable.

If you go into it just looking for the mainstream 8 and 16-bit platforms, it's great.

Also every PSX title I've tried (10 or so) has run literally perfectly, but I've only dabbled a bit and didn't get to any parts where I had to change discs. Apparently it's possible, just a hassle.
>>
>>2784397
Just use Recalbox. You'll have a set of emulators that are known to work great and won't even ever have to mess with a configuration file. Retropie is a mess compared to it.
>>
I'm in the process of using Retropi to turn my Raspberry pi into a retro game station, and I've got a couple of questions for anyone who's done this:

1.Can the memory stick I put roms on have anything else on it, or does it need to be used solely for this?

2. How does saving work i.e. do you use the in-game save system or savestates?
>>
My setup is Lakka and Raspberry pi 2 -> composite -> CRT
Looked okay but the colors are a bit faded
Is there a better way? HDMI -> S-Video (through SCART) sounds so retarded but I really want a sharper picture. What can I do?
>>
>>2786226
1. Yes. You can use it for other stuff. Run the setup to create the directories for the roms first. IDK that you have to persay but it seems logical to do so. I have a whole other folder full of Movie isos I run through kodi.

2. You can use both which is nice if you need to cut your session short and aren't near a save point.
>>
>>2785578
It's worth the setup time. I've used both. Retropie is much quicker and snappier due to the user configuring it for precisely what they need. A lot less excess crap runs in the background with retropie. All the emulators work great on retropie except the N64. People have been saying they are "stripped down". Well in a sense but you have more control over them than the stand alone versions thanks to the retroarch interface.
>>
>>2784397
You are so desperate to troll you created an infographic. My sides. You can't "shill" a nonprofit product. Kek? Is it fucking my wife? Maybe I should have made friends with the retron instead. Also this is just emulation in general. We talk about all things emulation here.
>>
>>2787154
*kek? not kek.
>>
>>2787157
word filters. damnit.
>>
>>2787151
What does the user configure that makes retropie run less excess crap in the background? Also updating is a hassle compared to recalbox
>>
>>2787201
All sorts of stuff. One example is the keyboard. By specifically picking and configuring one it isn't running a detection script each time. I've disabled the script on mine that tries to auto detect controllers and have them directly set up. The idea behind recalbox is to have it just work and it is better for a casual user. The idea behind retropie is to create a specific and thus faster build for exactly your needs. Retropie let's you emulate ten more systems than recalbox. Both are fine but saying recalbox is better than retropie is like comparing apples and oranges. Now someone will try and tell me the emulators are out of date. These emulators were created with help from the original devs. They all run great. People say they are stripped down. In one sense they are but for good reason. You have a deeper level of control for all of the emulator cores through retroarch and a more consistent configuration experience across them.
>>
>>2765287
Try using Pete's OpenGL 1.78.
The OpenGL2 versions are way more demanding for some reason. I can run any game at 1200p, smoothing, filters and all enabled with 1.78, but on 2.x, I gotta stick with 1x resolutions and no fancies.
>>
>>2786482
same problem pls help
>>
>>2786482
Why go through all that hassle. Just run it through any halway decent hdmi led tv. I turn game mode on on mine but it honestly makes no observable difference. You've got enough filters, shaders and whatnot to make it look however you like.
>>
hey faggots,

the new osx dev build broke bluetooth so i can't use my ps4 controller to emulate. so i was thinking about buying a psp again or 3ds to emulate. i know how to do the psp shit perfectly, but what's the most painless method to get emulation working on the new 3ds and how can i spot which 3ds version to buy?
>>
>>2784847
You load 1 file off a memory card for wii and psp lol
>>
>>2787837
psp can't even do super nintendo. Can wii even do PSX? Both are gay options for inbred retards dat can't maka computah werk.
>>
>>2787837
Yeah, that's the exact same process to get Recalbox running on a Pi 2, what's your point
>>
>>2787201
>>2787613
I forgot but does recalbox expand it's filesystem to cover the whole memory card? It's been a while since I set it up. This gives sd cards longer lives
>>
>>2787809
The problem is I don't have a TV with HDMI input.
The only monitors I own is a shitty VGA I use for my computer and a small CRT TV for the pi.
>>
>>2788186
>>2786482

Do other things you connect through composite look faded? Do things through the coaxial input appear normal? If you're getting a clear picture on stuff going through your coaxial I'd try a rf modulator. It converts composite input to coaxial. This one's like 9 bucks.
http://www.amazon.com/RCA-Compact-RF-Modulator-CRF907R/dp/B0014KKV7W/ref=pd_sim_sbs_23_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=51IKc-gFSNL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0KYAYWHYQ8GGGJ33YQ2W

you can find one's that do s video as well. like

http://www.amazon.com/Channel-S-Video-Composite-Modulator--TecNec/dp/B0149KOOV2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1447187416&sr=8-2&keywords=steren+rf+modulator&pebp=1447187424136&perid=0A2GHG6Y57JT33NZ7MZ5

There are cheaper models with good reviews but I've used the steren one's and can personally attest to the quality. Nice sturdy metal casing as well.
>>
>>2787839
No it doesnt do psx. Can kekberry pi emulate game cube and play wii ?
>>
>>2787846
Yes
>>
File: 0.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
Sup /vr/
Anyone know of any PSX emulators that I can use as an alternative to Emipsx for my windows phone?
Or some way I can get Th full version of the app for free?
Any help is appreciated
>>
How well does Dreamcast emulate?

Does it have lots of bugs like Gamecube?
>>
Emulating Time Crisis

I fucked loved this series in the arcade. Never played it on a console before.
>>
>>2788454

My fucking i5 cant even do gamecube to what ai feel is an acceptable level. Haven't even bothered with my pi
>>
>>2789013

what's your lightgun setup like?
>>
I need some help with Dreamcast emulation. I can't figure out Chankcast because the manual doesn't work and it doesn't detect any mounted games and also I can't configure controls.

NullDC won't detect my controller
>>
>>2789036
Nigga what i5 u got
>>
>>2789039

A controller because I'm gay

I have an actual light gun for my Dreamcast but I don't own time crisis on my Dreamcast
>>
Oh my god, trying to emulate PSX, Dreamcast, or Gamecube or PS2 is not worth it
>>
>>2789052

3210M, Intel HD 4000 graphix :^)

I mean it's definitely *playable*, but the random drops down to 45 fps in Super Mario Sunshine kind of kill it for me when it's supposed to be a fast paced game like that. I guess I could try fire emblem
>>
>>2789064
I bet its a laptop. Sounds like the problem is your crappy integrated GPU.
>>
>>2789072

yep, it's my kuckbook pro :^)

I'm not too mad about it because I knew what I was getting into when I specced it out.

The point stands though, it's about 10-40 times better than the pi (with it's fucking horrible PowerVR), so if my mac can't handle it there's no way in hell the pi will.
>>
>>2788454
No but my computer can with dolphin :)
>>
>>2789047
>Chankcast
Don't use, ever.
>NullDC won't detect my controller
Damn, that sucks. If NullDC isn't playing nice, try Demul.

>>2789006
Hit and miss. Most games I play run flawlessly, but I can't seem to get RE2 to run on any emulator.

>>2789059
>Oh my god, trying to emulate PSX
Easy as hell. Get emu, get bios files, put in right folder, do some config, go.
>Dreamcast
Easier than PSX since there's not as many options.
>Gamecube
Easiest of all, Dolphin is a fucking breeze to config.
>PS2
A little tricky, but if you can use google then you can do it. Do yourself a favor, never attempt to emulate arcade games, it might kill you.
>>
File: RetroArch-1111-130353.png (1 MB, 1024x896) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1111-130353.png
1 MB, 1024x896
What's the best shader/filter and why is it posphorluts shadowmask shader?
>>
File: RetroArch-1111-130701.png (478 KB, 1024x896) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1111-130701.png
478 KB, 1024x896
>>2789909
My God, zoom in on that beauty
>>
>>2789909
>>2789912
shouldn't that have scanlines

but otherwise it looks dope yeah
>>
How's N64 emulation on the Pi2? Improved?
>>
>>2790047
Eh. It's crappy. I manage to get games to run with like 50% success but generally not the titles I want to play. It took me forever to figure out how games that need different rumble paks or whatever they're called to play.
>>
>>2790047
Same hardware, same emulators, same deal. It works well for some games, many other not.

What's it take for a nigga to get a good looking shader?

>>2789912
>>2789909
I just want that, but with less vertical "scanline" and more horizontal scanlines. Royale looks overexaggerated and trashy, this doesn't have the scanlines, and ezmode or whatever it's called is good at the scanlines but shit at everything else. Jesus
>>
>>2790047
Just get WADS on the Wii and play the games on Nintendo's own emulator.

It's much better than any N64 emulator ever released.

Probably since they have the source code?
>>
>>2790128
>It's much better than any N64 emulator ever released

Laughable. It's not even a single emulator, but rather a bunch of emulators specifically tailored around emulating one particular game. And they're not perfect, just good enough to get the games in a playable state without obvious glitches. The only games it currently plays better than PC emulators are Pokemon Snap and Mario Tennis, and GLideN64 is close to solving those games' issues for good.
>>
>>2790146
F-Zero and Ocarina of Time plays much better.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.