[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Empires 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: aoecastle.jpg (931 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
aoecastle.jpg
931 KB, 1920x1080
All those nights we played.
Totally Worth it!
Age of Empires 2 Thread - Post your Strategies, favorite civs and anything else about the game.
>>
French knights
>>
Why did the Persians have war elephants? They weren't used much after the Sassanids and even for that time the Immortals seem more fitting.
Elephants should have been assigned to Indian and Indochinese empires.
>>
my strategy is making units and attacking

as opposed to playing simcity with aoe graphics

the rest is ephemeral
>>
What are everyone's hopes and fears for the new expansion? I'm looking forward to some new locals and wildlife.
>>
>>2675487

This guy knows.
>>
>>2675395
I wish i could have the patience to create pretty AoE 2 maps
>>
>>2676343

I wish they would turn the AOE units into AOE II units, so we could play roman style.

Also, I want a HD remake of the AOE starwars game.
>>
>>2677278

GALACTIC BATTLEGROUNDS WAS THE BEST GAME EVER
>>
>>2677278

making a AOE2 total conversion using assets from aoe1 doesn't sound that imposile really

but it would probably be classified as piracy, since its technically a mod using stolen assets from a game, even if it's from aoe1 to aoe2....

unless i were to create such total conversion, then use some patching software to create a mod installer that uses aoe1 and aoe2 as source. hummmmmm

but then again, what was so backwards on aoe1?

i recall units didnt auto gather resources after building, no gates, not any ship behaviour options, and for land units no agressive/defensive options
buuuut, there are actually a controversy among historians if romans did even use chariots for war
>>
>>2677289
No it wasn't. It was just a (bad) Star Wars reskin of Age of Empires 2.

So many units in it made zero sense.
>>
>>2678120
Fun > Making sense.

I also loved that game, mostly just used the map editor to set up insane battles.
>>
>>2678314
I bet you're a fun girl to hang around with!
>>
>>2675395
i downloaded this the other day and its super choppy and installed forgotten empires or whatver and it didnt work so wtf am i supposed to do
>>
>>2678580
Enable GPU for the game you casualtar.d
>>
>>2678314
>Fun > Making sense.
true, but still, zero reasons to play a reskinned aoe2, but in truth its not becasue its more fun, it's just because its star wars themed... go play some dark forces 2 theres even a smalll multiplayer community still alive
>>
>>2678580
you're gonna have to explain the issue better than that

check the help pages on voobly.com

perhaps you are not using the 'userpatch' to make it work on your modern windows and widescreen display, so just install voobly and upon loading choose version 1.4

>>2678930
GPU?!
>>
>>2679314
yes you're playing on a laptop and you don't have it enabled because NVidia thinks that Age of Empires doesn't need it
>>
File: 1422395322292.png (199 KB, 1665x620) Image search: [Google]
1422395322292.png
199 KB, 1665x620
>>2675395
>early AoE2 days
>Start online campaign
>Remain absolutely neutral and friendly to all other players while ammassing resources
>Players asking to shift alliances all the time
>Procrastinates in negotiations with the excuse of building up your base and ammassing resources
>actually gunning for the relics since the very beginning
>Building layers of walls guarded by infantry to stall invaders
>ammass all the relics
>countdown starts
>Turtle my way through
>win
>mfw

So good, too bad it only worked on newbies.
>>
>>2679315
but anon, aoe2 is directdraw, no polygon, 256 colour sprites, and any Via C3 or Celeron mobile 1.0 Ghz single core can run it
>>
>>2679368
sounds like one of the many ways that ensemble envisioned for the game to be played

but also another example of a thing players simply shut off their minds to, in this case with locked teams + pre selecting

i managed to convince some players to play a free for all, no locked anything, i think it was even an odd number of players, one modafuca kept killing off 1 player at a time, while i had been calling the disaster from the mid game, finally with 3 left the other guy agreed to join forces, but too late, loads of fun
>>
>>2679420
Forgotten had to have changed it or something because the game was laggy as fuck for me too before I turned it on.
>>
I wish I was good at this game.
>>
Got a few challenges for you people to play:

>Seljuk Turk
On the Forgotten, only mass Heavy Cavalries (have 'Sipahi' researched), Hussars, Trebuchets; also add Siege rams and Heavy Camels if needed
Do not create Hand Cannoners, Janissares, Bombard Cannons nor Bombard Towers

>Bari Goth
Play the second mission Bari campaign on hard, imitate the purple Goth army
Use Cavaliers, Heavy Cavalries, Monks, Bombard Cannons, Onagers, Skirmishers, Hussars.
Use halberdiers and champions, but don't 'Gothic spam' them, keep it under control.
Dont make huskarls.

>Celtic infantry mass
Perform a Drush (Dark age Rush), or a Man-At-Arms rush
In case of booming, amass a massive army of woad raiders and sent them to raid
Add Siege Rams with garrisoned woad raiders if desired; use this tactic against mass archers
No archers, No Cavalry, No trebuchets nor Mangodels/Onagers/Siege Onager

>'Boom-goes-your-navy' Chinese
In a water map, create amassive float of Demolition ships; if facing a massive War galley/Galleon navy; add fire ships to cover the demo ships
If in case of a Castle, tear it down with Cannon Galleons.
Abstent to create Galleys/War Galleys/Galleons

>Jihadist 'Allahu Akbar' Saracen
Mass only Camels and Mamelukes (and their elite counter-parts)
Only use petards to take out defensive buildings
You may use monks. Any other unit is forbidden.

>Knightless Franks
As Franks, abstent to use heavy cavalry line at all.
Castle drop and mass Throwing Axemen, you may use any other unit.

>Camel happy Indian
Only mass camels as indians; destroy whole cities with Imperial Camels

>'Fire-on-the-water' Byzantine
In a water map, only mass fire ships.
The use of galleys, demo ships are forbidden.

>Incas
Play as Incas

>'Bombard-cannons-are-overrated' Britons
While only using Longbowmen and halberdiers; amass trebuchets and actively use them to snipe units (such as Onagers and Bombard Cannons), research 'Warwolf'
>>
>>2680351
>Teuton Armored division
With 'Ironclad' researched, send a massive army of Siege Rams with Elite Teutonic Knights garrisoned inside

>Spanish arrowmen
Add a considerable amount of Archers to your Spaniard Army
>Spanish Cannon Galleons of doom
In a water map, only mass Elite Cannon galleons; any other water unit is forbidden.

>'Dancing-naked-men' Aztec
Only create eagle warriors, amass shittons of monks and actively use them.
Any other unit is forbidden.
>>
>>2680351
>>2680352
If they're not real achievements in game it's gay.
>>
File: 1434216557306.jpg (22 KB, 285x400) Image search: [Google]
1434216557306.jpg
22 KB, 285x400
Anyone here play on Voobly? Ended up trying after HD was too laggy for one of my friends
>start a game with some randoms on the lowest ranked lobby
>my poor ragged anus

Never again. Think I'll remain a scrub thank you very much.
>>
>>2680434
no idea what Voobly is, sounds gay
>>
>>2675395
Anyone else found the forgotten campaigns to be extremely shit?

They are scripted as shit and the AI strategy is just to outproduce you. The York scenario is the best one in the entire game though.
>>
>>2680495
>no idea what Voobly is, sounds gay
Gameranger is better more people.
>>
>>2680434
I do really good against friends who've played as long as me, but I don't play online because every time I do, I end up facing some dickhead that runs villagers over to build walls around my resources. Sure I could do it too, but it just seems ridiculous for this lone villager to walk to an enemy encampment carrying tons of materials to construct a wall faster than people can tear it down.
>>
>>2680541
Never played them since they have no voice acting, bascially they are custom campaigns made in the editor.
>>
I wrote it on another thread but I think it's a nice memory to share with other fellow AoE2 players.

>younger me, high school
>have 2 two hour computer classes with the same teacher
>he doesn't gives a shit
>he just does the roll call and flees to the teachers room next door
>be left in groups of eight for 4 hours straight at the computer rooms
>pcs are lan connected
>AoE 2 madness begins.bat

This situation held on for 2 years and a half.
We had lots of epic huge battles, mostly free for all and 4vs4.
I remember this particular match in which 6 players were left with only 6 o 7 military units each, with the map fully revealed and we tried to kill each other for like one hour on a map that was pretty much a maze due to all the fallen walls.
>>
It sucks how I cant find the HD version around.
I am not going to buy the game I already bought years ago jsut for a better resolution...
>>
File: smug girl 2.webm (494 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
smug girl 2.webm
494 KB, 720x540
>>2675487
archers.
>>
>>2680792
Archers get raped by French Knights.
>>
>>2680814
knight archers.
>>
>>2675395
>Post your Strategies
Celts (Black forest maps only) - get to the imperial age asap, get out 40 upgraded scorpions (forgot the name) to guard your front gate, meanwhile have a couple of siege orangers tunnel through the side forest to the side of the enemy base and send in 80+ fully upgraded paladins through the passage.
Works well but I don't really find the strategy very fun, tbh.

Chinese - Rush imperial age asap, start spamming Chu-ko-nu like it's going out of style and spend everything else I have on spamming Elite Skirmishers.
Works well and pretty fun seeing arrows coming in a stream as if out of a fire hose.

Goths - HUSKARLS
Makes you into a cocksucker but I love it.
>>
>>2680792
ayy lmao
>>
>>2680878
That's Samurai actually.
>>
>>2680792
>that feel when your mangodel kills 15 crossbowmen in a single shot
>Watch my light cavalries finish off the fleeing survivors

Literally best feeling on the game
>>
File: Nice pallis you got there m8.png (57 KB, 210x210) Image search: [Google]
Nice pallis you got there m8.png
57 KB, 210x210
>>2680923
>>send in 80+ fully upgraded paladins through the passage.
>Picture related

>>start spamming Chu-ko-nu like it's going out of style and spend everything else I have on spamming Elite Skirmishers.
>What are Siege Onagers

>HUSKARLS
To be fair, the typical huskarl massing Goth is quite easy to counter
Just mass Hussars, Hand Cannoners and Mamelukes; bam, dead goth
>>
>>2680792
That face is trying to tell me something.
>>
>>2680789
search for "userpatch" instead (or just install voobly)

you're right in microsoft not deserving our shekels, check archive index for other aoe2 threads, theres no HD, userpatch is a player-made fix for running in HD resolutions

and forgotten is a free mod avaiable at aok.heavengames.com
>>2680495
voobly.com its the player run zone.com replacement, a thousand ppl playing on peak hours
>>
>Saracen (me) vs Korean RLM match
>Rivers
>Knowing that Koreans are one of the most OP on imperial age, I decide to scout rush him
>Somewhat effective, he's really alerted, harassed and stalled his economy for a while
>He gets to castle, so I get to castle too
>Pull out Cavalry Archers, kill a few villagers and stale his economy again
>He pulls his own cavalry archers (lel, mine were fully upgraded), but also mangodels
>Send a wave of Light cavalry, killed all CAs and mangodels, but pikemen rejected the raid
>That's it
>Place 5 docks on the river
>Spam war galleys
>Get to Imperial
>Get Galleons, Chemistry and Bracer asap
>He tries to castle the cross
>Denied
>Get Cannon Galleons
>Literally fence him away from the shores with a massive fleet of Galleons and Cannons Galleons
>He starts to starve on wood due Cannon Galleons denying his villagers
>Now it's a matter of time
>15 minutes after, a whole army of Hussars, Elite Mamelukes, Hand Cannoners, Trebuchets, with Bombard Cannons and Monks assault his base; 4 relics pumping mad gold
>Impaled War Wagons
>Stoned castles
>Bombarded Siege Onagers
>Raided Skirmishers
>Riddle an entire legion of halberdiers
>He keeps massing trash, but a massive horde of mamelukes literally mow him down
>'Fuck you'
>He disconnects

Yes, best feeling I got in a long while
Fuck the Koreans
>>
Can I make my dream nation in this game? ;-;
>>
>>2682354
Alright, I just finished it.
>>
>>2682161
My knigga
>>
>fag wont start the game
11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11
>>
>>2675395
>running it on DOSbox
>no music and sounds in game other than a voice that accompanies scenarios
What do?
>>
>>2683371
Shit, not on Dosbox.
>>
>>2683365
>What is '!mute'

Also, I kick those kind of players out of my lobbies.
Both AFK'ers and retards.
>>
>>2683371
>>2683380
wut?

u sure u didnt get some ripped version, check for a setup.bat in game folder.

the only incompatibility is color and resolution, so just redownload a full game instead of shitty rip, or better, isos

also,

>no music
age2 music was regular redbook audio CD format, u played with the CDrom on the tray

just convert / download soundtrack as mp3, and load it on XMplay or AIMP, for 2 examples of slim players, both have options for global hotkey, set "PLAY/PAUSE" to you keyboard's pAUSE-BREAK button

as soon as you start the matches hit the music,
>>
>>2683365
>>2683493

fags who will launch from outside application's game room into the AOE native lobby without confirming everuone is ready

just wastes everybodys time, in case of AFK kick, because on the outside matchmaking software the game is on, even worse, players who are waiting for +1 to come, cant do anything if in fullscreen, either waiting like a moron or becoming the AFK scum themselves
>>
>some guy can punch a literal rock solid castle with his sword until it completely falls apart to rubble
>another guy can destroy walls made of stone by shooting arrows at them
>>
>>2683846
>Expecting realism on Age of Empires 2
>>
>>2683890
Age of Empires 3 fixed all those issues...
>>
>>2683892
Never played Age of Empires 3
Is it good?
>>
>>2683893
It's OK, bit too samey / boring units without the Asian and Aztec expansion pack
>>
>>2683901
Im a bif fanboy of AoE1 and AoE2
Should I play it?
>>
>>2683902
With the expansion packs yes, without them it's boring.
>>
>Saracen vs Aztec match
>We are friends, we know each other strategies
>Try to scout rush him, but he already has lancemen and skirmishers out, to counter my light cavalry and cavalry archer rushes
>Think outside the meta
>Mass infantry against him
>Mass crossbowmen
>Longswordmen cuts through his eagles, whole being backed up by a massive archer fire
>Rekt his Elite Skirmishers and Pikemen
>He tries to pull out his own archers, but light cavalry does the job
>Castle drop as the final blow
>GG

When the game forces you to think outside the box
You must think outside the box

Also, I believe the aztec has THE most powerful trash spam on this game
Specially on the forgotten
>>
>>2683912
Will do
>>
Honestly I loved AoE 3. Make sure to get the Improvement Mod, it adds back in AoE 2-style victory conditions, like monopolising trade routes.

Say what you will about home cities, but stuff like trains, villages, explorer parties, mercenaries and forts really change up the formula for the better. Also there are way more differences between the individual civs (especially the Natives and Asians).
>>
>>2683919
What about forts?
>>
>20 y.o, College
>Have 2 more roommates. Politics/History
>Boring days, nothing to do.
>Decide to hit up AoE2:AoK on LAN
>Best idea ever
>Always 3 of us as allies, versus either plenty of bots or some next dorm challengers
>Myself as a Teuton, dude 1 always Frank, dude 2 always briton
>I do defense, fortifications, some knights and herd supplies
>Dude 1 has massive armies, most of it knights
>Dude 2 support, legions of longbowmen

>Most memorable battles are those against Saracens

>Mfw my roommates were always mad at me when I was referencing historical scenarios and people, and when I demanded our lan session to be "Historically Accurate"

>MFW we were the crusaders

much love for one of the best games ever made.
>>
DAT OST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z4rtWOL5_g

Groove and nostalgia combined.
>>
So what's a good way to get AOEII + expansions anyway? I was gonna pick it up on GOG until I realised they don't list it.
I could just install it from the disc in the drawer to my right or something but I've not opened my DVD rom drive in half a decade and have no plans to start now.
>>
>>2686103
Steam or Pirate Bay
>>
>>2686305
>Steam
>HD remake
I generally don't trust HD remakes because they're 99% shit, is this one part of the 1%?
>>
>>2686312
It's absolutely 100% worth it for the Steam Workshop and the integrated multiplayer. The graphic changes mostly aren't too jarring, and there are mods to fix shit like the awful new Blingee water and fire graphics. Get it, no reason not to.
>>
>>2685747
>>Most memorable battles are those against Saracens
Did you all massed knights and paladins against a Saracen?

No wonder why Saladin kicked Crussader asses.
>>
>>2686305
What about Galactic Battlegrounds?
>>
>>2686534

>playing it the way we enjoyed, contra the way you learn from effective vs. charts
Shit, you're right, we were doing it wrong all the time. Call the authorities. Who gets to have fun now-a-days.
>>
>>2686736
M8 I never said you shouldn't play the way you liked it

I'm saying that a good Saracen could easily rekt you all, with exception of the Briton

No need to get salty
>>
ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

HAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>2686608
You can get it on GOG.com
>>
>>2687227
BrrrRRRRE
>>
>>2680351
>Play as Incas
That's a challenge far above the rest.
>>
>>2687296
I think Incas are officially the worst civ

The Slingers are good vs infantry, tho.
>>
>>2687227
>>2687280
naice...naice!!
>>
>>2687407
[elephant noises]
>>
>>2687537
Naice!!
>>
BUCHERON

BUCH BUCH BUCH BUCH BUCHERON
>>
hip here
>>
AL-HOJOOM
>>
>>2687595
>>2688195
What is this
>>
>>2689415
AL-LEKAN
>>
>>2689415
Newfag
>>
>>2689881
Please don't insult me just because I am a girl.
>>
>>2679368
You're a total jew.
>>
>>2689415
French peasants chopping wood.
>>
>>2691537
I see what you did there. Al-Hojoom is french too now.
>>
>>2691585
>>2691537
There are no French in Age of Kings.
>>
>>2691595
In the Polish version there are.
>>
>>2691595

Happy 14th birthday. Now back to /v/
>>
>>2691673
Are you perchance confusing Franks and French? The Franks are a Germanic tribe like the Goths and Teutons.
>>
>>2691595
Franks?
>>
>>2691697

Thank you for pointing something that was absolutely clear to everyone who was in this thread. You get one internet point.

Lurk more / read the posts before enlightening us with common knowledge.
>>
>>2691697
ooga booga
>>
>>2691796
Going by the discussion is doesn't seem to be that clear.
I don't think the Franks are that common knowledge either.
>>
>>2691836
There are no Africans in AoE 2.
>>
>>2692225
There are to be with the new expansion.
>>
>>2692232
AoE literally getting culturally enriched
>>
>>2692240
Not like there are many other options for a themed expansion. The only continent* left uncovered is Oceania and they've barely had any civilization to speak of in the game's timespan let alone one that could conceivably coexist and compete with the already represented ones. Even though there are some other major historical empires I'd still like to see in the game - like the Khazars, Indochinese kingdoms like Khmer or Vietnam or something like the Portuguese or Poles-Lithuanians (though Slavs seem to cover the latter).
>>
>>2692260
What about Native Americans? Why are they only in AoE 3 when Aztecs and Mayans were in AoE2 eh?
>>
>>2692260
They could fix up the Germanic into the proper kingdoms/unions.Things like Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark or Holland that don't really fit as Teuton or Wikings
>>
If you main the Huns, you really should kill yourself
>>
>>2692283
Because they don't fit periodically and we basically don't know anything about their civilizations and lifestyles before the far tail end of AoE 2's timespan. The Iroquois Confederation could probably fit very very narrowly but the popular conception of history associates the Native Americans with a later period of history.

>>2692295
That'd be pretty gud. Then again don't forget that AoE 2 is supposed to cover like a millenium of history so splitting up the Teutons and Vikings may create even more consistency problems. Wasn't there also a mod for all the different German duchies, Switzerland and such?
>>
>>2692308
>maining heroes
Go back to LoL. We Dotards play anything.
>>
>>2692321
You know you're meme'ing me

But it was lame as fuck fam
>>
>Fighting against a archer-massing maya
>He's imperial, Im getting to imp but he already got 3 trebs and a mass of archers on my walls
>fill 5 battering rams with infantry
>Send them to attack the trebuchets
>They get past the archer formation, destroy all the trebuchets
>4 rams returned to my base

Oh yeah that anti-siege siege attack bonus, so sweet

Also:
>Playing as turks against a mongol, doing bretty good, lots of Bombard Cannons fencing the mongol horde off
>He sends a horde of suicidal hussars against my janissares formation
'kek, what are you doing mate?'
>'It was a distraction'
>What?
'Look at your army'
>Jans are fine
>Monks are fine
>Hussars left untouched
>Oh shit
>All my Bombard Cannons are destroyed by fully-garrisoned drill Mongol Siege rams, from behind my formattion
>So fast I didnt even notice it
>No siege fire
>Mangudais rekt my shit

That was one shameful defeat
>>
Anyone else still got the tech tree pamphlet?
>>
>>2693113
No?
>>
File: AoE 2 Tech tree.jpg (616 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
AoE 2 Tech tree.jpg
616 KB, 1632x1224
>>2693115
>>2693115
I meant this thing, is it even still relevant for HD?
>>
>>2693120
Yes and no, some minor changes happened

And holy shit m8
I'm really fucking jelly right now
>>
>>2692330
>fam

I wish you fucking juggalos would go fuck off back to whatever abandoned Detroit cesspool spawned you.
>>
File: microeconomics AOE2.jpg (2 MB, 1976x1692) Image search: [Google]
microeconomics AOE2.jpg
2 MB, 1976x1692
http://www.cysion.be/aocbox/?p=1318
http://www.cysion.be/aocbox/?p=223
http://www.cysion.be/aocbox/?p=386

Thank me later
>>
>>2693154
:v)
>>
>>2693201
Thank you for what.
>>
>>2675395
goths. Once I got my preferred income I just spammed a wave of infantry on the enemy.
>>
JA JA
SAZAR
WIR SOLLEN
BITTE
>>
>>2693701
Teutons/goths?
>>
>>2693674
I kept mowing down goths with Hand Cannoners and Infantry

You people are stupid, I swear
>>
>>2693701
Sazar?

>>2693734
Teutons obviously.
>>
Alright let's do this

Favorite Civ
Favourite unit
Favorite map
Favorite strategy

Me?

>Favorite Civ
Spanish. Cheap Blacksmith upgrades, god tier monks, great castle aggression in conquistadors and two "unique units" in the Cannon Galleon with ballistics
>Favourite unit
I really like spamming monks and converting everything, especially since it's a minus one for your enemy and plus one for you
>Favorite map
I really like Gold Rush and Team Islands
>Favorite strategy
I'm a booming kinda guy. But I also like turtling aggression by advancing and building castles around resources
>>
>>2693826
>Favorite Civ
Spanish. Conquistadors are the best unit in the game tbqfwy (to be quite frank with you) and their Castle Age is generally amazing with a good knight rush, great monks and many all-round opportunities thanks to the blacksmith bonus

>Favorite unit
Conquistador

>Favorite map
Nomad

>Favorite strategy
Fast castle/boom
>>
>>2693826
>Favorite Civ
Slavs. Boyars are simply amazing, essentially teutonic knights if they didn't were slow as shit. Besides their tech that gives infantry splash damages makes them arguably the best infantry civ in game. Also cheap siege makes for diverse armies. Also I really like how their buildings look.
>Favourite unit
Boyars, they don't fuck around
>Favorite map
Probably Black Forest, I also really like Regicide games
>Favorite strategy
Drush then full boom
>>
>>2693826
>Favorite Civ
Saracens because Allahu Akbar
>Favorite unit
Petard
>Favorite map
any land only map
>Favorite strategy
*blows himself up and kills u*
>>
>>2693201
God bless Cysion.
>>
>>2693896
*allah
>>
>Hey cool an AEO2 thread, I'll play a bit since I've not played in years
>Pick the york scenario of the forgotten battles
>Kill green just fine
>"hey this is pretty fun"
>Time for yellow
>Spams paladins, woad raiders, cavalry archers and elite skirmishers with defensive trebs / siege CONSTANTLY
>3 hours later, barely any progress
What the flying fuck do I do?
>>
>>2693951
git gud scrub
>>
>>2693951
>want to play the forgotten battles
>all of the cracked versions are old
>missing campaigns, game ruining bugs in the present campaigns

beeing poor is pain
>>
>>2693995
bet ure a slav too
>>
>>2693995
I have a crack here that works, but the game itself is very laggy during a match. No idea if it's a problem on my end or the crack is causing it, or what.
>>
>>2694086
Just tested it, the clock is moving about 2 seconds for every 3 that pass because of constant lag spikes. Defending / doing anything is near impossible since my view either doesn't move or zooms past whatever it is I'm trying to look at, or just trying to do anything in general is a pain.

The HD version looks good and I'm interested in getting it on steam when a sale happens but not if this lag keeps making things unplayable; I just don't know what the root cause is.
>>
>>2694034
yes, im kinda dissapointed how we were represented ingame

>>2694086
>>2694338

well shit
>>
>>2694367
>well shit
It might just be my system being a shit or I've fucked up how you're supposed to run it, I've genuinely no idea.

thepiratebay dot gd/torrent/12045181/Age_of_Empires_2_HD__amp__The_Forgotten_v4.0

You give it a shot and see what happens, if you get lag too then I know it's the crack or we're both idiots, if you don't get it then it's just me and I have to fix my shit, not that I have any idea what needs fixing exactly.
>>
File: You disappoint me.jpg (32 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
You disappoint me.jpg
32 KB, 960x540
So is there no sticky for AoE II threads or something?

>What medium are you using to connect to other AoE II players?

>Preferred guides to getting gud?

>Q&A / FAQs for newbies?

>Glorious monk memes?
>>
>>2694410
should i bother? does it actualy work online? i know voobly needs 50 patches to run and i doubt steam would accept it
>>
File: latest.jpg (11 KB, 256x299) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
11 KB, 256x299
>>2693826
>Favorite Civ
Saracens, awesome tech tree, I can always use different strategies on different opponents; Mamelukes are plain badass, they can actually rekt anything that is not a Castle or a Teutonic Knight; but every Mameluke death hurts deeply inside my heart
Also: Siege Onager + Bombard Cannons = GG

>Favourite unit
Mameluke
Followed closely by Heavy Camel, Hand Cannoner, Siege Onager, Bombard Cannons and Monk

>Favorite map
Highland, Mongolia, Scandinavia, Lombardia, Rivers, Yucatan, Continental, Team Islands.

>Favorite strategy
Depending on the scenario and the enemy; I'm inbetween Feudal age Scout rush, Castle Age Cavalry Archer rush, Castle Age Light Cavalry rush; or plain booming

AL-HOJOOM
>>
>>2694456
I haven't gone near the online setting, was happy enough to just do an 8 player match in the black forest with 7 CPUs in 2 teams. I doubt it would work in online outside of hamachi or similar however.
>>
File: best unit ever.jpg (10 KB, 234x216) Image search: [Google]
best unit ever.jpg
10 KB, 234x216
>>
>>2694561
>Outruns Light Cavalry
>Outruns Inca FU Eagle Warriors

Actually didnt test it, should race those 3 units to determinate who's the faster
>>
>Oh God the enemy Saracen is spamming War Galleys! They are taking down my own fleet!
>What I should do?
>Fire ships! What a great idea!
>Yeah! It worked, I sinked 6 Saracen war galleys! Oh boy fire ships so OP!
>What?
>What are those little fast moving ships that are coming towards my fire ships?
>Whoops, got housed; let me check my town for a moment; I'm pretty sure my fire ships can handle them
>Wait, where are my fireships?
>Oh boy that's a lot of Saracen war galleys
>Let me create 30 fire ships!
>HAH! Yeah! Run away you Saracen coward, I'm coming for you!
>Oh, those little ships again, let own th-
>What
>NO
>MY FIRE SHEEPS
>WHAT
>NO
>OMFG
>DEMOSHEEPS SINKED ALL MY NAVY
>WHAT
>OMFG
>[Saracen advanced to Imperial Age]
>OH NO
>MUST CREATE MORE FIRE SHEEPS
>WHY MY FIRE SHEEPS ARE NOT KILLING DEMO SHEEPS!?
>Are those cannon galleons?
>Elite cannon galleons?
>Backed up by 40 Saracen FU Galleons?
>...
'Fuck you Demo ships are OP, you micro sucks, go play on Normal Speed on Arabia, me as Huns, I will destroy you, you little lifeless noob'

I know people in this game likes to play Arabia a lot, but I did not know they were utterly brainless on water maps
It reached the point it's no more amusing, but just sad and lame.
>>
>>2694695
Naice meme pasta
>>
>>2694924
It's not a meme pasta if it actually happened.

Which does really happen everytime I play a water maps with randoms
>>
File: The_African_Kingdoms.png (197 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
The_African_Kingdoms.png
197 KB, 400x250
>>2675395
Who's hyped?
>>
>>2694934
Me

But please no more camel civs
I already have Saracens and Indians if I wanted to mass camels
>>
>>2694935
Berbers get Camel Archers as one of their two Unique Units.
>>
>>2694934
Its the Sahara its all camels.
>>
>>2694934
What's with all the niggers?
>>
>>2694936
>>Camel archers
>Cavalry archers with bonus damage against cavalry

Please no
We already have the Mameluke for that

I'd like to have more variety of units
>>
File: pol-tumblr relations.jpg (62 KB, 535x462) Image search: [Google]
pol-tumblr relations.jpg
62 KB, 535x462
>>2694939
Don't insult them
>>
>>2694934
Why are white people there?
>>
File: somethingsomethnigSerbia.jpg (72 KB, 490x681) Image search: [Google]
somethingsomethnigSerbia.jpg
72 KB, 490x681
>>2694948
Because their all turks
>>
>>2694949
>>2694946
samefag
>>
>>2694961
fuck off
>>
>>2694948
Because Africa needs the wyatt mann's help, just like always. Our burden.
>>
>>2694474
i already have a playable pirated copy but i wanted one i could do mulitplayer with

the lag spikes are normal if you are playing on a large map with max players, the game is simply not that optimized, play with less
>>
This game was my entire childhood. Its really hard to put into words what this game was to me because as a kid who struggled with social interactions when I was literally like 6 this was the most amazing thing ever. I used to slide down slides pretending I was shooting arrows like the archers in the game and a majority of my time was spent playing this game in my basement at a very very early age. To give you a perspective, I used to have to call my dad over, who worked at home in the same basement I was playing the game in, to type in cheat codes when I was learning because I couldn't even do that. Fucking cheesesteakjimmies manneeee. Anyways I can remember in exact detail what the computer I used back then looked like running like windows 98. (that might be off but it was old) and I would sit there for hours and just play and play and play. People later in life would say "Civilization is better" and Id immediately take their fedoras and light them on fire because as far as I was concerned this shit was holy material. Im serious I used to live this shit when I was young brings back the memories heavy. So glad I saw this thread. Moral of the story don't get a mac for college even if they tell you to because now I can't play that gold.
>>
>>2695537
Great, another tripname to fliter.
>>
>>2694949
>>2694946
>Iznogoud in english
I wonder how it turn out, considering how much it's based on puns.
>>
>>2695518
>the lag spikes are normal if you are playing on a large map with max players, the game is simply not that optimized, play with less
Where the fuck is the fun with that? The original didn't have any problems with m,ax players and tons of units going by memory so why should the "improved" remastered edition introduce problems with it?

I like big crazy games with lots of units, this is honestly gonna hurt my desire a lot in buying the game, especially since I've a pretty nice PC with ton of ram and stuff, shouldn't be suffering that sort of problem.
>>
I never played AoE 2 without cheating.
>>
Is it just me or did the steam remake fuck up all the civs and resources
>>
>>2695841
Yes it did. I really hate how they ruined Mongoloids, my favorite Rasse.
>>
>>2695784
eh i dont really have a problem, maybe you should just try a diffrent torrent?

>>2695841
>>2695858

how?
>>
>>2683493

>Muting taunts
>Even being able to hear "Start the game already!" because you aren't using the Tommy Wiseau taunt pack

All hail! King of the faggots!
>>
>>2693602

My daddy taught me not to be ashamed of my techs.
>>
What was your fav campaign? The huns campaign made me cry tears of joy. God now just think back to joan of arc and the others so good
>>
>>2695963
El Cid campaign it had funny voices.
>>
>>2695963
And Barbarossa was the worst you didn't even see him as an in-game hero.
>>
>>2695876
>eh i dont really have a problem, maybe you should just try a diffrent torrent?
I don't mind just outright buying the game on steam, hell I plan on doing that anyway, just as long as I'm certain that I won't have lag spikes every 2 seconds, even if I were to play the largest map with 8 players and 500 units per side or whatever.
>>
>>2695963
I guess Genghis Khan or just the basic William Wallace one, I've not tried the ones from the HD version yet.

All the campaigns involved civs I didn't like at all so they were hard to get into, with the Mongols being the most tolerable.
>>
>>2695984
Seconding the Khan. Gave me a fetish for Mongols / horse archers from an early age.
>>
>>2695963
Saladin, because Mamelukes

AL-HOJOOM

Also El Cid and Genghis were really cool too
>>
File: aoak_hd_logo-1024x576.png (981 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
aoak_hd_logo-1024x576.png
981 KB, 1024x576
>>2692260
The Portuguese are pretty much a given for the African expansion, since they said that out of the 5 new civs, 2 of them will be non-africans that interaced with Africa a lot. Besides, theres a european looking king on the cover of the expansion
>>
>>2675395
Hey /vr/ I always wanted to be decent at this game. You got any vids to help me out?
>>
>>2697136
Check out 'Spirit of the law' videos

And watch gameplays in general

What's your favorite civ?
>>
>>2697138
The Mayans. Ploom archers too stronk.
>>
>>2697148
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qQSRq92Xnw
>>
>>2696729
That's Prester John of course.
>>
>>2697173
Thanks dude this vid is actually really good. When I play I always fuck up my timing with builds and i'm awful at scouting the map. Got any tips for me?
>>
>>2696729
It annoys me that i actually do concept art from time to time and that the artist didn't bother to copy the style of the original covers.
>>
>>2697208
>I always fuck up my timing with builds
Always have gather a whole handfull of wood if you plan to archer rush, with some gold miners

>i'm awful at scouting the map
Hotkey your scout, control + (numrber) and your unit will hotkeyed, next time you select your unit(s) or buildings will be selected automatically

If you have HD the Forgotten, I can help you improving a little bit

I'm playing right now
>>
>>2697208
>>2697268
Give steam ID, or just make a lobby on HD The Forgotten with the phrase '/vr/ tutorials', I will join
>>
>>2697268
hang on I'm re downloading my hd forgotten.
>>
>>2697275
>re-downloading
Why? What happened?

Oh, is the versions and updates, right?
>>
>>2697280
Na i just uninstalled because it was just taking up space. I have a toaster at the moment and i have to mindful of my hardrive space..
>>
>>2697287
I can relate

My name is 'TheGhostmaster' if you want to find me.
I'm a fast speed player tho, so I'm telling you that.

Also Saracens best civ.

I will be lurking until you're up.
>>
File: ireallydospenge.png (271 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
ireallydospenge.png
271 KB, 550x412
>>2697290
This honestly reminds me of my middle school years. When we were in the computer class and we were done with our work we'd play the age of empires 2 demo. We honestly didn't know how to play at all, but I was the best in my class simply because I played way more rts then the rest of my peers.
>>
>>2697308
I was (and still am) a big RTS guy, the difference of why I cant really relate to you is because all my schools buddies were not into RTS, but into Counter Strike and PES/FIFA/genericsportshitgames

I didn't mind Counter Strike, but I got nobody to share my RTS fetish

Which is kind of sad, really.
>>
>>2697309
Right now none of my friends like rts at all. Instead i just play ass faggots with them because that's the only thing they can get into.

I think its just the fact that its very intimidating for people and they just refuse to learn how to play it.

Meanwhile fightan games are still popular and casual still play and eat em up.
>>
AoM Expansion in the works bitchessss
>>
>>2697319
Dont blame them, RTS games are fairly hard to learn and master

My favorite game is Starcraft, and it took me a long goddamm time to be decently good, and still korean players totally rekt my shit
>>
>>2697326
Wait a minute i can't get on my forgotten expansion. Whats going on fam?
>>
>>2697354
Oh wait hang on nvm i'm making the lobby fam.
>>
>>2697354
What? Explain yourself.
>>
>fam
Stop it
>>
>>2697358
Wake up buddy, Im here
>>
>>2697367
((Can't wake up))
>>
What's a map type capable of supporting 8 players with 500 units? Preferably something that won't get clogged up with the AI's houses and units.
>>
>>2697720
Arabia, Scandinavia, Lombardia, etc
>>
Okay little grasshopper, here a few lots of things you must learn and pick up

>Scout your enemy, check if he's trying to rush you; or if he's trying to boom/turtle; decide what to do with that in mind

>Be sure to wall your base, no holes, pay attention for holes, use units to check for holes

>Scout your enemy some more

>Avoid massing just 1 type of unit, they tend to be easy to counter

>Keep in mind that you must balance your resource gathering; No wood means no farms, no farms means no food, no food means no villagers and units; no more villagers means a stalled economy, stalled economy = gg

>If you gonna hunt deers, always try to drop a mll in the middle of the herd

>Scout your enemy

>Look for relics, every golden coin is worth it in the late game

>Create multiple Town Centers (TCs), build them next to your resources (aka: next to a forest, next to a Gold mine, next to a Stone mine)

>Scout your enemy

>Dont stop creating villagers, every second your TC is idle the enemy will take advantage over you (this is averted if you're saving food for a rush, but it's a really risky move)

>If you're getting attacked, garrison villagers inside TC; wall off your gathering villagers with buildings, towers do help too

>Set Lancemen and Skirmishers in defensive stance to guard resources

>Scout your enemy

>If you're not 'Castle Dropping', make sure to build your castle next to vital resources, so they can't get raided easily

>Petards, Rams and Mangodels excells on sieging a base, tho you will need plenty of rams and petards to destroy a castle; dont send mangodels against castles.

>Did I already said 'Scout your enemy'? You should do that.
>>
>>2697819
Yes master yoda i will prove one day that i am not a shitter
>>
>>2697323
I am in the hype/

Don't know anything about chinese myth though. Can never remember the names.
>>
>>2697851
Hey
Just because I play as green doesnt mean I'm yoda

Baka
>>
>>2675395
Guys on ggn, which do I download? The HD version doesn't have LAN but obviously looks pretty much better, but there's like a fuck ton of game updates v2.0-4.5 and I wonder if I shouldn't just download the internal GGn release of the original AoE2 so I can enjoy multiplayer.

What's your take?
>>
>Experience the HD edition's new AI for the first time
Not sure how I feel about this, sure it's very strong but at the same time it doesn't really do anything other than defending. Just played a 3 hour RM game with an AI partner and it just sat in its base the entire game and only came out to kill enemies that were right on the doorstep. It's not really very fun when your partner leaves everything to you or you never have to defend you base because they never attack.
>>
>>2697819
>>Be sure to wall your base, no holes, pay attention for holes, use units to check for holes
Pros don't wall their bases.

Everything else is advice that someone who plays against Normal CPUs would come up with to tell to total casuals as if it's something revolutionary.
>>
>>2698072
Hes talking to me because I'm a total noob who fucks that shit up often.
>>
>>2698072
>Pros don't wall their bases.
Oh W0W!

The viper doesnt wall!
Yeah, who needs those stupids walls anyways?

It's not like I'm gonna get drushed, or feudal rushed, or tower rushed?

Yeah, who does that anyways?
Hah! Walling, how Silly; right?

Kindly kill yourself
>>
>>2698415
You seem frustrated but all the big names on YouTube say walling is overrated and only newbies from 4chan do that all the time.
>>
>>2699079
And because the Viper says so you will give the enemy a chance to rush you?

What if the Viper says to delete your TC as soon you start every game?
Sure thats crazy, but the Viper said that, he must be right.

There is no reason to not wall with buildings or palidase, to prevent an early rush from fucking up your eco; it doesnt matter if you're rushing yourself; if for some reason the enemy attacks back you will be glad that wall bought you enough time to get a few pikes to save a TC and your vills.
>>
>>2699079
Is there a particular reason NOT to wall though? I'm genuinely curious here. It's not like you need the stone for anything else.
>>
Okay. little Grasshopper; you must keep up with your training, also:

Know yourself, know the Britons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sC-NbAIzdU

And:
Know me, know the enemy, know the Saracens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfBnT2z-Nws

Finally, know the game.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=191310499

Take your time, that's a lot of information.
>>
>>2699082
There is no reason to not wall.

Jesus fuck why the AoE2 sucks the 'pro players' dicks so much?
I know I know, they are 'pros' for a reason, and they deserve to be listen since they commentary are based from sheer experiencie and 'skills'.

But you seriously are THAT brainwashed to believe EVERY word they say? You lack that much of own opinion?

What if a pro says to 'kill yourself; will you kill yourself, just because a pro said so?
>>
>>2699081
Spirit of the Law says it too.

But yes, if Viper told me to jump from a bridge I would.
>>
>>2699082
Oh, you mean 'Stone Wal'?
No, generally I dont Stone Wall, and it's not really important.

What I meant is to make a blockade with buildings and palidase to prevent early ages rushes.

Stone walls are somewhat good defenses, but Castles are way better, in terms of stone investment

If you're not a mayan or a chinese, you shouldnt bother with Stone Walls to be honest.
And yes, Stone Walls can be a waste if the enemy sends 2 or 3 petards and then a horde of knights pours in.

But buildings blockade is way more important.
>>
>>2699093
>Spirit of the Law says it too.
As much as I like Spirit of the law, I wont wall and risk myself to get harassed only because his opinion says so.
>>
>>2699083
Thanks for the info master i'm studying as we speak.
>>
saracens are the strongest
>>
>>2699354
Seems legit.
>>
>>2693120
>I meant this thing, is it even still relevant for HD?

Sorta. The same techs are around, though the Forgotten Empires mod grew into an official expansion so every civ at least now has two techs each and there's more civs.

Wonder what the upcoming not-retro expansion may add for everyone
>>
File: Fuck everything.gif (982 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
Fuck everything.gif
982 KB, 320x287
>Try to move my scout cavalry more than 6 inches through a group of loosely placed single trees
>It veers off to the right, can't find a way through, tries left, gives up
>Forcefully move it through the center a tiny bit at a time until it walks through the obvious gap
WHY
>>
>>2699373
muh pathfinding

Which AI was this?
>>
>>2699395
Just the normal pathfinding in AOEII (was playing HD but I doubt it makes a difference). Scenarios with forests of individual trees loosely spread around are hell, some parts are worse than others.
The second Goth mission comes to mind.
>>
>>2697674

I remember when retards on here got mad when normies found 4chan memes on tumblr and started using them. Now we are taking normie memes off tumblr and using them. Good job, everyone is retarded.
>>
>>2699402
>Good job, everyone is retarded.
We're just getting so meta with our memes that we've come full circle.
>>
>>2697994

Stop playing on Standard.
>>
>>2699403

It's not meta, it's just appropriate AAV which legions of faggots do every day. Congratulations.
>>
>>2699406
I've yet to try on a difficulty below 'hardest'.
>>
File: 1426039654640.jpg (2 MB, 3112x2338) Image search: [Google]
1426039654640.jpg
2 MB, 3112x2338
Anyone got any links to recommended guides and whatnot explaining the game?

Not new to RTS but new to AoE2hd. I played the demo on the zone a few times but didn't get into it. I was a Quake2, Brood War, and Rogue Spear guy back then.
>>
>>2699418

I don't believe you.
>>
>>2699424
rush castle, make cavalry archers, wins
>>
>>2699431
Why exactly do I need you to believe me? RM, difficulty set to hardest, the old AI builds walled forts followed by throwing waves of troops at the enemy, the new AI / my ally just sat in his base with units and buildings scattered all over it but never actually left his base to do anything as none of the enemies spawned close enough to him.
>>
Okay, just had my first taste of offensive monking and have to admit I like it. Is there a strategy or guide or whatever to using monks offensively so I don't get rekt trying?
>>
>>2699424
http://www.youtube.com/user/ZeroEmpires

Watch this channel, all the newbie guide and tips videos you can find

Then move on to the related channels: Spirit of the Law, BBQTurkman etc
>>
>>2699445

Unless you're playing on a no-rush map and never break the treeline you're full of shit if you're trying to tell me a hardest level AI never left its base to attack you.
>>
>>2699874
>Unless you're playing on a no-rush map
What the fuck are you on about. I'm starting to think you need to re-read the original post or something.

I've played several games now with the new AIs on a few different map types and this is especially true on bigger map sizes. The new AIs, for me, are wasps' nests i.g. big, angry and aggressive but only to things that are within arm's distance of it and are immediate threats. Anything outside of that radius may as well not even exist unless one of their buildings or units gets too close for their comfort.

The most prominent example I had was on a 'rivers' map with 3 allies and 4 opponents on the LudiKRIS map size. My plan was to wall off all the shallows between our side with fortified walls, gate and bombard towers to defend against any attack, but an hour or two later I just quit out because the only things either side had sent into enemy territory were one or two scouts and each was happy to just sit at home doing their own thing. They were basically NEET ais.
>>
I got to admit that massed archers (reaching a critical mass point) are really, really fucking scary

Thank you based mangodel and onagers; also Siege Engineers
>>
>>2700819
It's a mangonel, ypou scrub.
>>
>>2700962
What the fuck you're talking about?
>>
Guys I need help desperately.

How do I remove all subscriptions from my game at once? It says I have "none" in Steam but whenever I start AoE 2 it says it's loading some fucking mods.

Please help.
>>
>>2702218
This shit just won't go away from my mod list:

0 "original resource icons" 1 Yes No 0 0 76561197994517404 435500595
1 "Enhanced Blood For Forgotten" 2 Yes No 0 0 76561197994517404 438071905
2 "Oxam Architecture Renovation Version 3" 3 Yes No 0 0 76561197994517404 438070748
3 "bunch'o'stuff" 4 Yes No 0 0 76561197994517404 438074379
>>
>>2702232
>Installing mods
>Ever

But I cant help you, m8.
Play the game as it's supposed to be played
Unmodded.
>>
Spirit of the Law is the smartest AoE 2.
>>
>>2702824
And the handsomest too! Makes me and all the other girls swoon!!
>>
The AoE2 community is still strong. African Kingdoms (Age of Empires Official expansion) is going to be released this season and will resurrect the dead. Also, ZeroEmpires and Resonance22 do weekly and sometimes daily live casts of the game, we are in the middle of The Empire Collective cup tournament as well and you can tune into that on Twitch.
>>
>>2699450
Monks work best with mangonels.
>>
>>2703010
I read this as "Monks work best with Migrants". Wilkomenskultur is messing with my head.
>>
File: [Can't wake up].png (156 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
[Can't wake up].png
156 KB, 270x270
Is there a list of checkpoints to hit for a good early game? Like;
2 villagers on wood 3rd builds a house, produce villager
Start hunting with it, produce more until 5 villagers hunting (8 villagers total
Research loom
Produce more villagers for wood and gold
Research feudal age at 16 population

Or whatever, that sort of thing. I used to have a reasonably good idea about this, over 12 years ago. Now I just died like a bitch to the CPU 4x in a row because I can't remember what to do for the best results.
[Help me git gud]
[Can't git gud]
>>
>>2703275
Just keep watching Viper.

And listening to Viper in the background. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BO4J0Zreug )
>>
I want to be a mangonel.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.