[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon Fanfiction General and Writethread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 17
File: 1360718585267.gif (670 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1360718585267.gif
670 KB, 400x300
/vpwt/: 'Progress So hard You Forget There's a Thread To Bump' Edition

>post fanfics you like
>share your own fics, ask for advice, post story updates
>discuss writerly struggles with fellow writefriends

Join us in IRC at [ #vpwritethread on irc.rizon.net ] to discuss your fics, hang out and chat, and be frightened by the regulars!

Previous Thread: >>26151166

Check out the catalog for a directory of fics from fellow writefags,
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PtN4D_9CSw8JJ9uO6v0oQqdtKEkS8aFAvfxqI96XfSE/edit?usp=sharing

>Can I post NSFW fics?
Absolutely! There are no rules against NSFW text links.

>How should I post my fics?
Please, for the convenience of everyone involved, link to a host like Fanfiction.net, Pastebin or Google Docs rather than dumping your fics in text posts. This not only keeps the thread tidy (and keeps you from getting an infraction for spam), but it also provides a more permanent place to store your work.

>Can I add a fic I wrote to the catalog?
Sure! Check the catalog for the submission link. In there, you can find a link to a Google Form - fill out all the necessary information and it will be submitted for review automatically. Technology is incredible!

We're also looking to collect ideas for fanfics as a resource for stumped writers. Feel free to throw an idea out there; someone may choose to use it themselves!

Ideabin: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X072SSWulcC6RJRrPA6v9XtyohRybvMBl6Fh49wHsRw

Topic of the Thread: How big is your current list of ideas that you plan to write on? Any specifics that seem especially good?
>>
Wow so we got canned into page >10. Horribiru.

>ToTT
>How big is your current list of ideas [...]?
It's about as long as always, so no big deal. That means, basically, three or four "big" ideas and about six "little" ones.

>Any specifics that seem especially good?
That would have to be left to the grandiose minds of /vpwt/ to judge. Among the stuff I have at the moment there's things such as:

* A boastful trained Salamence who can't understand that his teammates and other Trainer Pokémon laugh at his nickname because it doesn't mean something anywhere as glorious as he thinks it means.
* A Cyndaquil who likes gardening and as she grows stronger and older, eventually evolving, becomes conscious of the dangers her own form represent to the hobby she likes.
* A potential rewrite of a life-encompassing story showing fragments of Archie and Maxie's lifes from school to TA/TM and how their early life shaped the fate of Hoenn.
* Already mentioned story about two trainers being put into a HARD MODE test by a Champion who thinks they better have the pants for taking care of the country after her or else.

As for starting a small topic and since it was brought up in chatroom a couple of times, a question: How much damage can Pokémon and humans take in your setting, compared to either the games or the anime (where being electrocuted and charred seems to be a common occurence for 10yr olds)? How do you justify the different damage categories?
>>
My list of ideas is only:
Au Coup Par Coup: Jo and Viola meet Ignace and engage in Fren- I mean Kalos crime solving that eventually reveals a gooey occultism center replete with Ghost powers.
Her Grace: Original fiction.
For Want Of Normalcy: A Kanto ranger lets a Sinnoh woman intending to see her grandmother into the region, breaking anti-Sinnoh tourism laws into pieces along the way. His budding romance towards her is crushed by Rodrick, her Garchomp, and first hand experience with why the laws were in place to begin with. Same continuity as Maison and Second Autumn.

>>26209513
Pokemon can take varying degrees of punishment, humans are squishy and easy to kill, with some exceptions.
>>
TotT:
I've got 12 ideas recorded right now. A few that I've been thinking about lately:

1) A starter's loyalty is tested when he meets his ideal trainer and compares them to his own.

I'd like to pull this off in a way that doesn't leave readers jumping to the conclusion that the starter just needs to jump ship and run off with this new person.

2) A destitute man and a stray 'mon try to scheme their way out of poverty.

I always try to avoid using aura-doges in my writing, but I'm thinking this is a good opportunity to avert the normally honorable portrayals they're given.

3) PMD: The partner pokemon is shy and alone until a former human comes into their life. After overcoming their shyness during their adventures together, the partner finds out about the legends of humans who are called for in times of need, who avert crises, and who are returned to their own world after their work is done. Unable to bear the thought of losing their friend, the partner sets out to stop them, whatever the cost.

This one was inspired by a thread wondering how a PMD partner pokemon could be made into an antagonist, though my story would probably use the partner as the perspective character.
>>
>ToTT: so big it hurts. So far I got
* ongoing trainer fic on the planning
* pokémon x hunger games with subtle mentions to electronic musicians
* future shipping of two female trainers where one of them reveals to be a male zoroark instead
* oneshot about the life of a trainer after he lost all of his pokémon because of nuzlocke

other small stuff pop often, but I end up disregarding it most often

>>26209513
In the early stages of the trainer fic above, he was attacked by a Ralts and ended up in induced coma, of which he luckily recovered without much harm some days later. Later the same Ralts attacked another trainer, ending up killing him. I mean, they are powerful for a reason, aren't they?
Pokémon itself can take a lot of damage, being prepared for it and such, but can be killed by an attack if one doesn't watch out for it.
>>
>TotT
I generally have 10+ stories/concepts that I alternate between every few days.
The biggies off the top of my head:

>fic exploring the traumas of a group of orphaned children who were all thrown into adult situations long before they were ready

>fic about a kid who runs away from their foster home to be a pokemon trainer and lives in terror for 5 years avoiding society for fear of being caught

>original about a codependent teenager and her eager-to-please robot bf

>fic about a miserable trophy wife in a strictly traditional society who has only her faithful Pokemon to rely on

>fic that's kind of taken off as its own thing focused more on an oc than the show's mc that's mostly future stuff so the fic proper will likely end long before the oc steals the spotlight

And plenty of smaller ideas that I have written down but not expanded too much. Honorable mention goes to one that I started just because I wanted to write another MC with nice period clothes and combine that with one of those monster-human bargain marriages you see in fairytales.
>>
Anyone know of any decent smut fics? I swear, like 90% of the fics out there are barely readable.

Also, does anyone know what happened to that guy make that CoC/pokemon game?
>>
>>26210374
There's a nsfw section in the catalog of some fics. Feel free to look in there
>>
Also I'd like to put out a reminder to anyone who has submitted their fic to the catalog in the past year: resubmit yo shit because it all got wiped. I've still yet to resubmit my stuff, I really need to get on that.
>>
>>26210527
I thought only the fics in the submission list was affected by that wipeout from saikou's fuck up.
>>
>>26210527
are you telling me my oak x gary fic got wiped due to incompetence?
who pays you people??
>>
>>26194717
>>26195872
This, it sounds like an interesting idea.
>>
>>26211057
...you never submitted an Oak x Gary fic to the catalog.
>>
>>26210527
I was wondering why Second Autumn's submission data was saved to the entry fields for the form but it wasn't sitting in the NSFW section or the pending section.
>>
File: 1413324089429.jpg (117 KB, 906x738) Image search: [Google]
1413324089429.jpg
117 KB, 906x738
Oh and here's a late night fic recap for you.

Updated fics:
Cge's Eternally Vernal chapter 6
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6400045/chapters/15383578

Well, one fic anyway.
>>
>>26208767

Can I post artwork associated to the story in the thread?
>>
>>26213902
Any crazy fucker who actually manages to have some visual form of artwork to their writing is more than welcome to gloat.
>>
File: ShittyOC.jpg (708 KB, 700x1500) Image search: [Google]
ShittyOC.jpg
708 KB, 700x1500
>Plot summary:
>MC goes to sleep while on a regular hunting trip and wakes up in an unfamiliar environment with all his gear gone
>Unknowingly has appeared in Viridian forest
>Has very little knowledge of the Pokémon universe and has to go by what he remembers from his childhood, mainly the anime
>His only goal is to learn what he can about the world around him and survive, he isn't really looking for adventure
>Set during the events of FR/LG with Leaf as the player character

Currently have the first chapter finished with the second one almost done, will probably post when second one is finished. Chapters will be around 5000 words each.

>>26213984
See pic related, this is how the MC is supposed to look like while dressed in full gear. He was drawn in little over an hour.
>>
>>26210573
>>26211057
>>26212374
Yep, I hope you remember your summaries.
>>
>>26214104
MC looks like a cool mountain man. "Appearing in the pokemon world" is a really cliche premise but it could turn out to be quite interesting. I look forward to seeing what you can do with it.
>>
File: 1368760079873.png (5 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1368760079873.png
5 KB, 645x773
>>26214204
Thanks, I'll try not to dissapoint.

>inb4 everyone thinks its shit
>>
>>26214255
All you can do is your best bro.
>>
>>26214255
If it means anything, the most important part of the story should be making sure it's in a readable format
>>
>>26214194
summaries are pretty darn easy to come up with. I worry more about them remaining consistent in an ongoing story.
>>
>>26216927
Tfw all my abstracts have different titles from my essays for that very reason
>>
>>26208767
>TotT
Let's see, a PMD fic about the world's last Buizel, my own version of plate boy, more Florges smut, more bad-ending love stories, some smut involving a female frillish, and about 3-4 other fandom fics.

I'll probably try wrapping up the shit that's already existing before trying something new, but that depends on if I can will myself not to be distracted.
>>
>>26213125
Dem updates, like clockwork.

Eternally Vernal, Chapter 7.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6400045/chapters/15534424
>>
File: 1431139416965.jpg (106 KB, 550x530) Image search: [Google]
1431139416965.jpg
106 KB, 550x530
>>
>>26214104
So is this a wilderness survival thing or him trying to live in the general Pokémon world, towns and all?
>>
File: 1441690860829.jpg (181 KB, 857x1101) Image search: [Google]
1441690860829.jpg
181 KB, 857x1101
>>
Any good and cute ralts line story you guys recommend?
>>
>>26224150
The one the thread usually defaults to OS cge's love lost fic. However, the most recent fic to conclude itself was Exodus's second autumn story. Both can be found in the catalog
>>
TotT:

I've had more ideas than I could ever write finish. Even counting all the one-off plot bunnies, I just have too many fleshed-out ideas for me to write.

The one I'm working on now, though:
>main character is a lazy, shut-in neet
>parents are worried because she's almost 20
>try to get her to get a pokemon so she would go outside
>they drag her to every pokemon shelter in the goldenrod city area (released pokemon have to go somewhere, right?)
>she doesn't want a pokemon so she tries to be as difficult as possible
>at the very last shelter they go to her father gives the mc an ultimatum
>if she doesn't pick one at this place, she's going to get a magikarp
>she really hates water and water-type pokemon
>the shelter in question is a dump and there's only one roughneck guy staffing it
>the pokemon in there had all been mistreated or just plain unadoptable
>the guy refuses to let her adopt anything, for obvious reasons
>she begs and he finally relents and gives her a mightyena that refuses to battle
>over time, she keeps coming back to help the guy out at the shelter
Since I know me and I'll never actually get it written, here's the plot twist:
the guy at the shelter is actually a ditto in disguise
the original person had been killed by the resident muk
to keep the shelter from being closed down and the pokemon presumably killed, the ditto shapeshifted into the human and learned to act like one
when the mc finds out, the ditto tries to throw her to the muk as well

I'm not sure if it would have a happy ending or not. Not like I'll ever finish it anyway.
>>
>>26225297
can't get rid of the muk at least?
>>
>>26222626
Currently I'm planning on him having first go to Viridian City, where he comes across Leaf when she is just starting her journey. She has already delivered Oak's parcel.

After that he leaves Leaf behind and instead heads back to Viridian Forest on his own since that leads to the next city, Pewter where he's hoping to visit the museum he heard about while in Viridian City and learn what he can from there.

He only has one Pokémon atm that he caught by accident by throwing the pokéball so hard at it he gave the poor thing a skull fracture and significantly hindered its ability to fight back.

How does this sound?
>>
>>26225297
Sounds coolio, I hope you do write it
>>
So when did you all learn that sex generally cheapens drama and character relationships?
>>
>>26228784
Right after writing the thing that matters so that I can get to the story where they have sex.

It's a very real part of relationships, you know.
>>
File: 1457432468674.png (56 KB, 558x558) Image search: [Google]
1457432468674.png
56 KB, 558x558
>>
Welp, gen VII confirmed guys. How do you think the new generation will affect current/ongoing fics
>>
>>26226794
Sounds good, though based on the power of that pokeball it sounded like he would have been in danger to throw it so hard.
he'd be perfect for throwing quick balls
>>
>>26209513
>another hype train
It's just not this thread's day
>>
>>26228883
Underrated post
>>
File: 1403404184605.png (142 KB, 447x312) Image search: [Google]
1403404184605.png
142 KB, 447x312
>>
File: 1588.png (603 KB, 1316x5321) Image search: [Google]
1588.png
603 KB, 1316x5321
dead thread
>>
File: 1287005274747.png (760 KB, 1256x2465) Image search: [Google]
1287005274747.png
760 KB, 1256x2465
>>26240678

Maybe everyone's just busy writing?
>>
Discussion time,
1. What is your favorite pokemon character?
2. Have you written anything about them?
3. Why haven't you written more than that?
>>
>>26241364
1. Florges
2. Yes, smut.
3. A mixture of laziness and business.
>>
>>26228883
Writing the part leading up to it just makes me see more and more how the sex shouldn't happen.
>>
>>26241364
>Darkrai
>A little. One story is a revamp of a shitty fic I reas once, another is a small excerpt inspired by a good fic I'm reading
>I don't feel like I could really do it justice
>>
>>26241364
'Mon: Gardevoir
'Man: May

I do write about the former, and still am - it's all been romance/adventure. I don't write about the latter because I don't watch the anime or read the manga series so my understanding of her character is tenuous and muddled in the anime dub from a decade and change ago.

Maybe one day I'll actually read the series or something.
>>
>>26242760
Which may though, the R/S one or the ORAS one?
>>
>>26243984
Probably R/S for a combination of aesthetic and nostalgic reasons. ORAS May is cute though.
>>
>>26240732
Everyone is busy lining up to the hype train
>>
>>26240732
Jesus christ are these pokemon vampires or some shit?
>>
File: are you well.png (427 KB, 593x591) Image search: [Google]
are you well.png
427 KB, 593x591
>>26242760
>'Mon: Gardevoir
>'Man: May
I didn't know it was possible to have such shit taste
>>
>>26246646
>Pokemon vampires
Would read pretty much any fusion of rl supernatural beliefs and Pokémon. Oh, this one writer tried to do werewolves and it worked out okay until the inevitable edgy drama set in and it essentially became Teen Wolf but with Pokémon. I'd read a Being HumanxPokémon parody.
>>
>>26246646
people tend to forget there are pokemon that drink fluids that aren't just mosquitoes.
>>
>>26247563
I try.
>>
>>26241364
>Mienshao
>Nah
>Just wait a fucking second do you not think I'd have shao on suicune action or what?
>>
File: .png (12 KB, 599x605) Image search: [Google]
.png
12 KB, 599x605
>>26250834
>shao on suicune action
>>
>>26250834
careful now, too many ideas and you'll crash down!
>>
File: quil.png (98 KB, 238x233) Image search: [Google]
quil.png
98 KB, 238x233
>>26241364
1) Cyndaquil. An adorable starter that doesn't evolve into something ridiculous, what's not to like?
2) Didn't quite finish a chapter in a story that would have one of the evolutionary line as a protagonist.
3) It's on the to-do list.
>>
>>26245889
Not me. I'm busy suffering because the family cat is sick :c

(But hey, even if I wasn't busy I wouldn't writing, as things are going)
>>
/r/ing Gardevoir femdom
>>
>>26251524
whipping ensures
>>
>>26252175
That was the same idea as before
I know what I'm doin
>>
>>26221649
are there any good illumise stories around, SFW or not?
>>
>>26252931
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6300621/1/Gardevoir-protects-me-from-everything
>>
>>26210374
>that guy make that CoC/pokemon game?
Oh yeah I remember that kinda. Last I recalled guy was doing updates, but then he disappeared for a few years now. Probably gave up on it unless he's still lurking in silence.
>>
File: 1417887468518.jpg (64 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1417887468518.jpg
64 KB, 640x480
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.