[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon Fanfiction General and Writethread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 25
File: cc75aec00dbff5ca69a146a740daad7c.png (1000 KB, 1400x1000) Image search: [Google]
cc75aec00dbff5ca69a146a740daad7c.png
1000 KB, 1400x1000
/vpwt/: 'Cooperation' Edition

>post fanfics you like
>share your own fics, ask for advice, post story updates
>discuss writerly struggles with fellow writefriends

Join us in IRC at [ #vpwritethread on irc.rizon.net ] to discuss your fics, hang out and chat, and be frightened by the regulars!

Previous Thread: >>26048764

Check out the catalog for a directory of fics from fellow writefags,
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PtN4D_9CSw8JJ9uO6v0oQqdtKEkS8aFAvfxqI96XfSE/edit?usp=sharing

>Can I post NSFW fics?
Absolutely! There are no rules against NSFW text links.

>How should I post my fics?
Please, for the convenience of everyone involved, link to a host like Fanfiction.net, Pastebin or Google Docs rather than dumping your fics in text posts. This not only keeps the thread tidy (and keeps you from getting an infraction for spam), but it also provides a more permanent place to store your work.

>Can I add a fic I wrote to the catalog?
Sure! Check the catalog for the submission link. In there, you can find a link to a Google Form - fill out all the necessary information and it will be submitted for review automatically. Technology is incredible!

We're also looking to collect ideas for fanfics as a resource for stumped writers. Feel free to throw an idea out there; someone may choose to use it themselves!

Ideabin: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X072SSWulcC6RJRrPA6v9XtyohRybvMBl6Fh49wHsRw

Topic of the Thread: Have you ever cooperated with someone to make a story? How far/deep did working together go?
>>
Fic recap:

An anon made a story about dittos. Might be NSFW
http://pastebin.com/me8KMfK4

And he also made a horror-ish story about Bunearys and vegetables. SFW (?)
http://pastebin.com/KSVGSjvk

Updated fics:
Cge, chapter 5 of Eternally Vernal: http://archiveofourown.org/works/6400045/chapters/15223843

Unown's Fledgings chapter 34
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11084689/34/Fledglings
>>
File: 13423423234.jpg (18 KB, 239x252) Image search: [Google]
13423423234.jpg
18 KB, 239x252
>>26151194
>4 whole updates
>>
Carried over from the old thread:

Any favourite/interesting/mentionable original female characters in stories you've either read or created yourselves?

And/or, for writers:

Is it more difficult to write female characters than male ones? Is the approach different?
>>
>TotT
I have, but neither occasions for my story. One of them is still running now, and follows a corrupted hero trying to figure out what will really make him happy in a life in which he's become entirely emotionally dependent on his manipulator. Back in 2012, the author generously accepted some of my input, and we "worked together" on concepts for future chapters. The one she just posted last week actually has a scene I distinctly remember joking about with her years ago.

The other was a simple OC-centric fic. I wrote a "what if" torture scene and pitched it to the author, who surprisingly liked it. She used a little bit of it for her own version of the scene that she wrote for indulgence's sake.
>>
I can't say I've written particularly interesting. Then again, interesting for me would be making a work long enough to have a character arc. I've never really done that for pokemon, but I've done it for other things. There's nothing of note that I can say from things I've read.

For me, writing females is no problem, as I've always just written them as a character with no consideration for their gender. I did once write a "girly" character, but that was a long time ago and I can't possibly think that way anymore. I seem to have a proclivity for writing tsundere females, although probably not in the sense you'd normally think of. These females, they WILL outright kill you if you're on their bad side. Apparently, my idea of a strong female also implies they are a cunning strategist, or are at least an extremely skilled fighter. There's no flowery movement here, they strike to kill. Both of the times I've made such a character, though, they had the same motives: they are a noble protector of their people. They love and adore them, and will do anything to protect them. The familiar element in it is that they have problems admitting they have a softer side at all. The only real difference is that instead of romantic love, it's compassion or even familial love. (one of them secretly wants to be a mother, she sort of guards children)
>>
>>26151166
Queen Lilligant
>>
File: tumblr_ngstdiqSaS1tn73oso1_400.jpg (7 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngstdiqSaS1tn73oso1_400.jpg
7 KB, 284x177
Eternally Vernal, Chapter 6.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6400045/chapters/15383578
>>
>>26151231
It has been a busy past few days for me; should be updating a substantially sized, 20k word chapter sometime soon.
>>
>>26151166
I've been lurking in these threads for quite a while now and I've always laughed at pokephiles but you guys made me a sucker for plantmons and bugmons. Especially if it involves sappy heh romance stuff. I have ideas for my own stories now but every time I open a word processor I freeze because I consciously realize what I'm writing about and how ridiculous it is. I've never had this kind of dilemma before.

Thanks /vpwt/.
>>
Ahh, I want write some simple RP (Pokemon Journey or something with them, like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon), but the problem is english is not my native language and writing with me would be a problem.
I don't like writing alone, because even if I write something I'll freeze at some point and wouldn't continue a story.
First, I was writing with my friends, but for some unknown reason we stopped. Now, I just looking for someone who is from my country.

Poland
Please, don't scold me for it

If I find someone from my country I'll be able to write something (I hope!)
>>
>>26151437
>writing females is no problem, as … as a character with no consideration for their gender
So you've never written a female; rather just used their pronouns and tropes.

>(Conflating tsundere and mother-bear behavior)
What I'm reading here suggests that I would find your "female" character(s) very flat. In two points, particularly:
>they WILL outright kill you if you're on their bad side.
"Will," not "might"; a big difference because "will" indicates they are helplessly compelled to kill while "might" would indicate that they disregard the value of life when deciding how to interact with strangers.
>they have problems admitting they have a softer side
Do they actually have one, giving them one millimeter of depth, or are you simply remembering to have them call somebody a baka and to run away when that person is kind to them? A paper-thin "softer side" doesn't contribute much depth even if we were to see it.

I'm going to avoid going all Freud on this because it wouldn't help and the cigar could be merely that and then I'd look sillier than I typically do, but this post tells me that you've constructed a thing that you use as a female lead substitute, which is held together by two tropes that are by default and convention feminine so you can claim the construct as such. That doesn't mean it can't work in that position, but you admit that it wasn't a step toward learning to write deeper and/or actually-feminine characters because you re-used the same construct twice and excused yourself by calling it "proclivity."
>>
>>26151936
if you're looking for a place to RP, I don't think this is the right thread. Try out >>26070242 for a better chance at finding someone.
>>
>>26151975
Sorry and thanks for advice!
Lemme disappear now
>>
>>26150105
Well...that's going to be interesting, to say the least. Sure, he's going to challenge their leader to ritual combat and beat him senseless despite the enemy leader having the ability to cause agony with a touch, but once that's all done he's going to grab his friend and sneak out in the uproar that results from the seemingly-unbeatable leader being proved not so. He tried "beat the shit out of everything" once, it didn't work.
>>
>>26152183
>He tried "beat the shit out of everything" once, it didn't work.
When he comes back, he'll be like, 6 levels higher than the boss after grinding in a montage.
>>
>>26151955
Well, they DO have a softer side. One of them kept it more private. The other, I didn't push the issue that much. It's there, but you'd have to be paying attention to see it.
>>
>>26152349
The rest...the thing is, I never intended to write them with such a personality. It just came out that way. My original intention was simply as a sort of anti-hero, veering more on the extreme side. You're right I can't write that complex of a personality, though. That is honestly as complex as I can get, at least as far as I can tell.
>>
>>26152410
Pick a woman you are familiar with but don't know as a friend, like a shop clerk or the banker who set up your checking account, whatever.

Write a short fiction about a few days/week in that person's life. You'll be making up most of it, but your task is to get that person's personality right throughout. Once finished, wait a few weeks, re-read it, and decide if you got her right or if you started drifting into old habits.

Then shred the manuscript.

If you succeeded, go back to writing fics, if you didn't, pick a different person and try again (with a different plot of course).

By writing a character against a real prototype, you won't be able to get away with putting your hand inside this one puppet that you are using as though it were (two so far, at least) characters. You will be required to take a new perspective and write from it to succeed.

Also,
>>26151437
>I did once write a "girly" character, but that was a long time ago and I can't possibly think that way anymore.
Interesting statement. Read this (it's short)
http://www.contactmusic.com/steven-spielberg/news/spielberg-couldnt-remake-close-encounters-now-hes-a-dad
Close Encounters would have gotten a shitty, dull, whimper of an ending had his brain been ruined by parent hormones before writing that scene. The reason the film worked is because the character is defined by building up momentum toward making that decision with the climax being the revelation of if that momentum is enough to push him into choosing the option that is too risky and at too great a cost in the minds of the audience members. That's key: We know there are only two possibilities and one is boring but the good ending is the hardest for the audience to agree with, so wholly through empathy with the character, his choice is INTERESTING.

You claim that you "can't think that way anymore"; I'm curious what mind virus has constrained your imagination so tightly that one bogus "female" archetype is all that remains at hand.
>>
>>26152183
You kidding, right? Fundamental rule of powers: every one can be countered. And maybe there's a technicality: if HE touches THEM, then maybe it won't hurt.
>>
>>26153374
The boss is a Sylveon. I'm borrowing liberally from Braver's pheromone abilities, except this Sylveon is a massive dick using his Fairy power the same way Wigglytuff does - to protect people from nightmares and insanity. Except he uses his power to keep his cadre loyal, while Wigglytuff is loyal to the Guild. Point is, his feelers can cause incredible pain when he touches someone with them, and they're long enough to prevent a Riolu with no ability to fire energy blasts to even get close. Thing is, they ONLY cause pain. There's no physical damage, no tissue death - it's just nerve stimulation. And once he realizes that...well, Riolu gets Bullet Punch as an egg move, doesn't it?
>>
>>26153496
>pheromone abilities
So that's what Barie had. Didn't Wolverine's son also have that ability?
>>
ToTT: From fanworks, not really, I blame the time gap for that. Fiction in general, probably Samidare from Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer is the most recent I remember. Well written character overall in a fantastic series.

As far writing women, I think I'm okay at it, probably more so in the context of relationships than friendships, but I'm reasonably proficient at writing both.
>>
>>26153840
Well, according to Sad, it's what he had. Makes sense, anyway. I'm just taking it to the logical conclusion.

As for the ToTT: I've never cooperated with someone, just because I don't know anyone who I'd want to collaborate with. As for writing women...I think I'm doing pretty well? The focus is on them as a person, not as a woman, especially because I usually write PMD.
>>
>>26154199
IMO, unless it has plot relevance or I'm trying to make a point otherwise, the gender is largely independent from the characterization.
>>
>>26154199
>Well, according to Sad, it's what he had.
You're still doing this
Why
>>
>>26151800
>Madame Œufweiß
Is it actually possibly to pronounce that, or would one just constrict their throat muscles at random to approximate the sound?
>>
>>26155792
Uff like buff, vice like nice.
>>
File: altaria.jpg (66 KB, 300x295) Image search: [Google]
altaria.jpg
66 KB, 300x295
>>26151800
>". . .and soon I'm probably going to go into the forest and [REDACTED] so I can afford rent next month."
Well, that explains that crossover you mentioned. And I haven't even read more than a couple chapters of the other one.

It's oddly satisfying to see a story put into motion - like, in-universe, I mean. You read it, and you go, "Ohhh, that's how that happened." It's a good feeling.
>>
>>26151166
fanfics are for wimpy pussies desu
>>
>>26155644
Because it's some good shit that isn't 100% copying. This jackass is a minor tribute to Barie - he's self-indulgent, hedonistic, and a Sylveon, but where Barie is essentially a good person, this guy is...not.
>>
>>26155964
If by The Other One you mean LL, it needs revision. I've found a lot of little typos. I'll work through it at a reasonable pace and fix it as I upload it to AO3. (The reason why it's not there yet.)

>oddly satisfying
Some people get that feel from my writing. I'm not sure what causes it, though.
>>
>>26155975
Necessary step to writing original stuff. Honestly you're just shitflinging.
>>
>>26155995
Dubs guy is right. Same traits, different application.
>>
>>26155644
Chaotic Good vs. Lawful Evil, bruh. They aren't the same.
>>
>>26151166
>Topic of the Thread: Have you ever cooperated with someone to make a story?
Twice I have accepted direct suggestions toward OC/premise. I carried them through.
>>
>>26157127
>implying he's anywhere near Lawful
He's Neutral, at best. He keeps his power by inducing mind-numbing pain in anyone who opposes him, and equally mind-numbing pleasure in anyone who follows him (as a mildly addictive reward). Honestly, he's probably Chaotic Evil, as he's pretty much Caligula.
>>
File: why boner 2.jpg (36 KB, 324x586) Image search: [Google]
why boner 2.jpg
36 KB, 324x586
>>26158151
>>
>ToTT
I have RPed with some other people on a longish story. About five years and counting.

Also I consult with one other write here for his writing, and it goes nicely. Hi Unown!

Finally, I usually let some people collaborate in various aspects of my writing, from giving overall ideas and suggesting plot points to through and through helping me write their own characters.

But I am still hungry...
>>
>>26158151
Caligula was weird, dude. He was also an brilliant and clever strategist. What are you implying?
>>
Here's a question: What are some of the most common/cringeworthy/hard to stop writing mistakes you guys have made in the past? What is a glae you're struggling to correct in your current writing?

I think making characters OOC will always be an issue that every fanfiction writer struggles with. Hell, I've even seen communities completely take off with a fanon personality for a character, born from fanfiction, because the canon is so inconsistent or outright dumb.

Aside from that, I struggle with the inclination to douse all my stories in edge. One of my characters originally had a very nice life (which I now realize would have made for a terrible story), but a short while ago I decided to add some trauma, and now they have flaws like a normal person. The specific type of trauma is cliche, but I think I can extract the edge by giving the specifics of it little direct attention. It's always there, always gnawing, always influencing the character's actions, but no one's talking about it.
>>
>>26158691
>glae
Son of a bitch, I meant flaw
>>
>>26153840
>>26154199
What else would Cute Charm and Attract be? D&D-esque compulsion magic?
>>
>>26158691
I feel like my biggest flaw at current is that I've stopped improving in my sentence structuring and diction. I can't help but think there's a lot more I could be doing with the space between paragraph A and C that would give the text a little more depth and character. The importance of making the text clean in delivery and generally comprehensive is noted, but there's some kind of plateau underneath complicated structuring that I feel stuck on. I don't know if it's just because I don't read enough high brow literature or what.
>>
File: 1459290976753.jpg (189 KB, 600x419) Image search: [Google]
1459290976753.jpg
189 KB, 600x419
>>26158691
Sexuality permeates most of my prose. I find it to be eminently readable and usually immediately interesting. As time has gone on though, I've cared less about being explicit and more about being implicit - what happens leading up to, what happens after and I'm pretty happy for that. Now that I focus more on what leads up to and comes after, I think you have more opportunities to learn things about characters that aren't cast in any sort of immediate light in the source material (with some exception.) It also makes the work decidedly more adult, for whatever that's worth, because I care very very little about actually bumping uglies, instead preferring to discuss what lead up to it and what came of it.

I consider this a flaw because I think it gets to the point where it interferes with other characters - the cast of characters I write usually has at least two people that are rather forward and sometimes outright crass in their speech or mannerisms (or both.) I don't know if that's really that much of a problem though, it's not like sex is something to shy away from, and I'd rather be writing about how people that are attracted to one another interact than how people that want to kill each other do. Though I do like writing about the latter.

I'm just a big fluffy romance fag I think, and I don't know if I'll stop being one. Or if I even want to stop being one. Fortunately I can just make romance a subtext or side-plot.

Man, I don't even know.
>>
I feel like shilling this one again because it's not only the best fic I've ever read, it's also one of the best stories I've ever read.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/1609088
>>
>>26158909
I find myself falling into the same trap. Everything I write has at least one part that skates dangerously close to at least two characters actually having sex. Perhaps some people see literary value in that, since anything is worth reading if the story is told well, but I'm pretty sure it's just a projection of my personal tastes onto my writing.
>>
>>26158691
>glae
Glae is now a noun that means "An unwanted or undesirable habit or proclivity appearing in an artist's work." Let's use meme magic and make the Oxford English Dictionary!
I noticed a particular grammatical structure that I used too frequently in Eternally Vernal, especially since it's on the Tell side of the balance and thus should be used sparingly. I fixed a few instances up in pre-release editing, but I'll be watching for it as I write future pieces. It's the latest in a long line of things I didn't like about my writing and expressly addressed.

>>26158879
You're sensing the same sort of problem as the one I herein admit to: Your narrator is in a rut. Even if the narration is objectively good, it becomes something of a drone if the tone never varies: if variance means being a little worse (more difficult to read, less clear in meaning, or having the wrong pacing for the scene) then that price may need to be paid to find opportunities for creative expression. What makes it insidious is that it's most likely to manifest when you're writing quickly and smoothly, as the regularity of narration admits none of the slowdowns and speed bumps that deliberately creative narration is made of; you won't want to impede rapid progress, so unless you're good at catching it in real time, it may need to be delayed for the come-back-to-it-later editing passes.
>>
>>26158724
No, rolling 20 every time on persuasion checks.
>>
File: 1460827886603.gif (3 MB, 400x231) Image search: [Google]
1460827886603.gif
3 MB, 400x231
>>26158909
I know what you mean about liking the pre and post sex interactions more, the only two fics i've still got saved from what I refer to as The dark years are two smut one shots i keep around because of the heavy fluff relationships in the beginning and end.
I don't know why I like writing violence and pain so much, in the real world all I want is a close group and friends and someone i can have hand-holding consentual missionary style sex without contraceptives for the purpose of reproduction
>>
>>26159555
>that price may need to be paid to find opportunities for creative expression

Well tits, the fic I sacrifice for experimentation is going to look pretty hideous at first, eh? Though I do think there's a file in my personal idea bin that would fit the bill better than most, something already somewhat pretentious in that the primary narrator is a Suicune. It'd additionally become smut that would swerve into a less-fluffy zone than what I am used to. Since it's already going to be a stretch, I don't see why I shouldn't try stretching the narrator muscle into the shape of an immortal waterdog.
>>
>>26160613
>the fic I sacrifice for experimentation is going to look pretty hideous at first
That depends on how radical you choose to, or must, be. It could be as simple as deliberately avoiding or strategically applying passive voice or using more or fewer commas.

And you can always clean it up afterward. You won't know what's too far until you inch a toe beyond the line.
>>
>>26151800
>put your energy in a battery on the network

ORAS brought some interesting things to the series.
>>
>>26161004
I'm likely unaware.
>>
>>26161026
You mean that wasn't a reference to "Infinity Energy"?
>>
>>26161033
That sounds like a bad plot device.
>>
>>26161069
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Infinity_Energy
>>
File: 3d561881ddf2fb06d2b632654874d898.jpg (270 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
3d561881ddf2fb06d2b632654874d898.jpg
270 KB, 1280x1024
>>26161087
Souls as a power source, without using the word.
Cool trope, Game Freak.
Now we know what happens when you "release" a pokemon through the P.C. system.
>>
>>26161126
>souls as a power source

I've been playing too much Dark Souls, I've got ideas swirling around in my head and they're all cliche and goofy.
>>
File: 1462324010703.png (9 KB, 149x105) Image search: [Google]
1462324010703.png
9 KB, 149x105
Oh. While I'm here and shilling inexplicably, how would the three faggots that care here like to see legitimate lewds between snek and doggo?

I've got a list growing of what I'm going to be slamming through after getting done with the fandom I'm wrangling with at the moment (which is estimated about 11 days from now), and the only things that aren't that depressing Volcarona story are smut. The first thing I actually wrote for a thread ever was smut, and would like to try my hand at it again after having garnered some experience. That being said, there is not a universe in which Panne and Val do not fuck the other's brains out for the next 2 evolution stages.
>>
>>26161152
Elder Scrolls is the game(s) that came to my mind.

Next for Pokemon: Your first quest will be to capture 10 rattata and "release" them, for a reward of a fully-charged cell phone on which you can play Pokemon Go in-game.
>>
>>26161193
That's a good fit too.

>you can play Pokemon Go in-game
We gotta go deeper Leo.

So I'm playing Pokemon inside of Pokemon, and one of them is a rather inept facsimile of the other. And I get this experience for a song: ten innocent, immortal souls.

Can I shove more rattata into my phone to keep it charged?
>>
>>26159155
oh you're alive. How goes that yandere piece about Lucas and Candice you planned up years ago?
>>
>>26161156
>>26161156
I'm not one of the three guys, but it could be interesting

I just had an idea about a pervert sylveon in a daycare, and how he gets mocked by everyone for being a sleazy romantic with weird fetishes
>>
Morning bump
>>
>>26161156
and watch the snake burn to the ground by some dog dong are you nuts!?
Maybe. What do you have in mind?
>>
>>26162948
Since I've got potential for Braixen/Smug in my next story (and I say potential because currently some things are implied and it's on the reader to decide how the blanks are best filled) I too must be nuts.
>>
>>26161306
>weird fetishes
How weird?
>>
>>26163954
He'd be super submissive, not weird in the grand scheme, but weird compared to everyone else who'd be at the daycare.
>>
File: thick.jpg (28 KB, 576x1296) Image search: [Google]
thick.jpg
28 KB, 576x1296
>>26161156
Do it
>>
>>26164057
So maybe hypnosis/mind control? Just throwing it out there.
>>
>>26164057
A proclivity to be sexually bullied?
>>
>>26164819
Pretty much

>>26164767
This could also work well, too. Especially if he's just faking it out of wishful thinking
>>
>>26164836
>faking it
Why? It's a thing in-universe that it exists. Conflict?
>>
>>26165275
Oh, I'm aware it's a thing in the universe. But the sylveon would be so desperate to be hypnotized romantically that he'd convince himself that he was when he actually isn't.
>>
>>26165434
And eventually it'd be internalized to point of instinct.
>>
>>26158691
All of my stories have involved a romantic relationship in some way. It isn't even my intention, it just happens most of the time. I only once wrote something without relationship stuff happening, and that was some time a bit before the release of HG/SS. At least the last time I wrote something, the relationship was not given a lot of attention. For the others, it was a major plot.
>>
File: 1452479566896.jpg (61 KB, 595x480) Image search: [Google]
1452479566896.jpg
61 KB, 595x480
>>26158691
The first step in embracing humanity is facing it head-on.

Go ahead, write about a cliche if you have to do so in order to get going with your story. The sin is not granting your character some special trauma or superpower per se, it's failing to demonstrate growth and or challenges associated with it.

Consider this, many people live stupid, boring, and uneventful lives. It's nice to escape from that monotony with a good read. But to not elaborate on how the fantastic and absurd would truly affect the "humanity" of such a character would be a missed opportunity.

One of my fictions initially attempted to do exactly that, and as a very self-critical author, I will tell you that it failed to bring about enough character development until I took a step back and reevaluated my priorities for even telling a story. Only then was I able to readdress the gratuitous pitfalls that plagued my early works.

TL;DR: No one is born a master at anything. Writing/telling stories is no different. In order to gain proficiency in your elected craft, you need to practice. Regardless of your initial success or failure, learn how to not only improve your writing, but also yourself.
>>
>>26162948
Sensual fluffy exploratory sex in the doggo position for the sole purpose of hemipene

>>26164510
You got it b0ss
Right after the Suicune
>>
>>26165923
Motivation? I just like to tell stories, whether I do it well is beside the point. Well, I do like to try to avoid the stuff that I despise from my earlier works, but apparently, I have no sense of judgment and I'm wrong about everything.
>>
>>26166064
>no sense of judgment
>wrong about everything
According to what or who's metric?
>>
>>26166152
I don't know, ask the all powerful masters of writing, maybe they know.
>>
>>26166183
Don't ask them, I tried to and all they did was roll over.
>>
>>26166327
How do you "improve", then? I cannot fathom it.
>>
>>26166601
>666
Sacrifice your best friend to Satan.
>>
>>26166601
Well asking dead dudes is definitely not the way to do it.

practice makes perfect. Read other works and ask why you like them.
>>
>>26166678
If I knew how to write like that, I wouldn't be asking now would I? Writing for me only happens if I don't think about it. If I'm fretting about how it's written, nothing will ever get done.
>>
>>26166776
Hmm. Well, I was joking a bit about asking dead writers, but I don't think that came across correctly.

Improving your own writing requires self-awareness, which I'm sure you have, it just may be that you're applying it at the wrong time, hence you feeling like fretting over your work will keep you from producing. Write something out, and once it is done you can review it. Compare it to some of your favorite authors and ask why you like their work, of what they do is applicable to you, and what you can take as guidance from them.

Reread your work and ask of you muted your voice on your effort to improve, and if you did, pick apart your prose and ask where you muted yourself. It's an arduous process for some people. I tend to correct myself on the fly because I have a rather sharp idea of how I want to sound for a given work and can match my head with my hand quite quickly.
>>
>>26167257
I also self correct myself, but it's not a perfect process. I do not understand the concept of making words "flow". There are many times in which I never felt like something sounded right, or I was trying to think of a word, but it can never come to me, or get this, I am effectively thinking of a word that does not exist.

Despite the above, if I were to give an analysis of what makes me enjoy literature off the top of my head, there would be no words I could use to say what it is. I might as well be trying to tell you why I like berry juice or why I even have a tendency to analyze things to start with. I just like fantasy, adventure, and all related things. It is why I even fanficced to start with. I wanted to do the things that no one but me could think of.

True, what I do is unrefined, but to me, that did not matter. What is it that I'm trying to do then? I seem unsatisfied, but yet I am. Perhaps I don't know what I'm after. Writing for me has only had one purpose: to enjoy myself. If I wrote explicitly to please others, that would never happen, but apparently, I cannot please myself either. Or at least I become convinced through others that I somehow made a mistake. I cannot give you more, that is all I know to do. I would be lucky if anything I wrote ever got a B in a college course. My brain cannot fathom it, not even being told about it. Chances are, I wouldn't listen anyway. I would be too lazy to do anything about it, then? There was a project I put all my heart and soul into, and it cannot even come close. It was my greatest achievement, but even it, I find lacking because there is so much more I could've done. There was more detail I could've written, I could've made more things happen, the tone was incorrect. I never went back to it. When things are over for me, they are over, I never go back. Do another story with better planning? Perhaps, but I'll have to overcome my writer's block first.
>>
>>26167688
I get the feeling you're trying to improve, but don't want to be improve because other people are telling you to, but rather because you feel you owe it to yourself to do so. After all, you said yourself that you write purely for your own enjoyment, because for you, writing in a way that pleases others is a matter of happenstance, not aim.

So I guess I recommend writing an outline whenever you do get over your writer's block. Maybe that'll be enough for you to produce work that you feel is less lacking. But there's also nothing wrong with feeling like something is lacking, as long as it is a feeling that pushes you to strive for new heights.

And as far as flow is concerned, the easiest, most foolproof way to understand if what I wrote flows is to simply read it aloud. If I have to pause for any valid reason, it doesn't flow.

Being a linguist, I also fervently believe that there's a word for anything we can feel or think, and if there isn't, there will be soon enough. Maybe you'll make a new word anon.

I dunno if this helps you at all, if this even does anything, but I certainly hope it does.
>>
Out of curiosity, of all the possible crossover fics made for Pokemon, which ones do you think came out pretty good?
>>
>>26167856
I have considered such things. That project I put all my heart and soul into? It was the result of me just one day deciding to write an idea I'd had in my head for a long time. It eventually got so long that it became a large scale work, which I had not done in years. Because it got so long, I was forced to pause for a while and figure out where I was going with it. Mostly because the content demanded I had a good idea what the final result would be. I sat there for like a day or so mulling over the logic of what would happen. I then wrote with that knowledge in mind, and when it came time for all of it to come together, what resulted is something I can only describe as pure poetry. I not only had it all come together, but I actually expanded on the idea to create even more cohesion. It is a testament to how well having a well constructed plan works. Why was it lacking if I think it was that well done? That's the thing. I genuinely thought it was the best thing I've ever accomplished when I wrote it. Looking back on it, though, there was still more I could've done, and it was more that I had everything happen at once. It was still a well constructed bit of logic, but it needed a better set up is all. As it was, it was a Diabolus ex Nihilo.

I suppose there is no other way than to trust my instincts, then. It may even be that I'm mistaken, and my brain was thinking of something else that doesn't fit the situation. I do tend to get my phrases crisscrossed like that. It's fairly rare, most of the time, I could just go on like this and there would be no problems I can see.
>>
>>26168083
We are always able to look back and point to something that can be better. It is our nature not just a creators, but as humans. This is what it means to strive. Despite the results, despite the awe your own work might inspire in you, ultimately, you know the work more than anyone and as such you're in the best position to see more that can be done in hindsight. Or perhaps it is actually just a devil out of nothing.

This is not a bad thing, and it is not a failing of your own abilities or logic, it is a matter of course.

We do not look back and say something is perfect. We look back and say something is close enough to it. It is complacency to an extent, but all the force of will in the world doesn't bring the horizon any closer. And still, some chase it to the end of their days.
>>
>>26166152
>who's
You want "whose" here
normally I wouldn't bother pointing it out but this is the writethread; you should know this already
>>
>>26168261
Well, I possibly could not have remedied the matter. It is what it is. It was fully my intention for there to be a big reveal. Perhaps I was too harsh on myself, as it wasn't so much "out of nothing", as they did have a previous presence in the story, it was part of the logic I made for how everything worked out. Maybe there was nothing more I could've done. I am a very "to the point" sort of person. It's part of why I didn't believe I could ever finish a large scale work. I've tried before, but I always end up derailed at some point. I sat and did nothing but type for days on this, determined to finish it. Even when it came time to finish it, I wrote down notes for how I wanted it to end, the last few things I felt needed to be explained, as I was still reeling from my own climax and it was late.

Be that as it may, I know I can do better. Perhaps that will serve me well should I try to do it again.
>>
We /phil/ now.
I hate it. Post progress on works.
>>
>>26168739
Just finished the last 37 pages of a rough fic that doesn't belong on this board.
>>
>>26168739
I added 3k to…
>>26168764
>37 pages
…never mind. I haven't done shit.
>>
>>26168800
37 pages over the past week and a half, mind you. Only did 5 pages today. Quality over quantity, anyways.
>>
File: 1441832768571.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1441832768571.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
>>26168739
Currently making a third revise of my chapter that was aforementioned in this thread. Being 20k words in length, each pass takes significantly longer. 67 pages? Seriously considering breaking it into more digestible portions after I get some more feedback to work with from a friend.
>>
>>26165974
>for the sole purpose of hemipene
is there a reason to ever do anything else?
>>
File: colgate.jpg (62 KB, 500x525) Image search: [Google]
colgate.jpg
62 KB, 500x525
>>26169023
I never thought I'd agree with you on anything, Hat, but here we are.
>>
File: 1460822635269.png (77 KB, 600x598) Image search: [Google]
1460822635269.png
77 KB, 600x598
>>26169068
>I never thought I'd agree with you on anything, Hat,
we're getting there, i'll have you acting like a degenerate soon enough
>>
File: 2813_6774994860.jpg (41 KB, 438x660) Image search: [Google]
2813_6774994860.jpg
41 KB, 438x660
>>26160366
You disgusting pervert
>>
>>26160366
that gives you a really bad case of the feels
>>
>>26169636
I know, i live in constant fear someone will find my lewd folder and expose me as a filthy perv
>>26171092
only if theres room left for feeling anything
>>
>>26160366
>the only two fics i've still got saved from what I refer to as The dark years
I'm so curious right now.
Do you mean two fics that you wrote?
>>
>>26169023
you guys are so fucking GAY

maybe in the future i can write something about giant snek hemipene, but you guys gotta understand that it'd probably be first person from the snek perspective, or close enough. being big and submissive is one of my many fetishes, afterall
>>
>>26175800
If it's done well, we wouldn't care too much. Do it for the doggo.
>>
Anything good with Clair in it? I need my fix of dragonfu.
>>
>>26172470
one of the ones i posted here, and another i have never shared with anyone besides the guy who requested me to write it.
don't ask me to post it, last time I read it, i tried rewriting it to be not shit, then got drunk and almost died
>>
>>26176328
>then got drunk and almost died
What
>>
>>26176328
>then got drunk and almost died
Holy shit Hat, the universe is not happy with you lately
>>
File: hmm yes perfect.png (10 KB, 334x177) Image search: [Google]
hmm yes perfect.png
10 KB, 334x177
>>26175800

>giant snek hemipene

Please do, and please make it appropriately giant in the process. Bigger is almost always better.
>>
>>26177955
Please. Large insertions are my fetish.
>>
File: 15872846194.png (609 KB, 1311x5296) Image search: [Google]
15872846194.png
609 KB, 1311x5296
What kind of effort would it take to turn a greentexts into a legit story? I never written before, but I'd like to make this old thing into a proper fic.
>>
>>26180042
for one as detailed as this, not too difficult.

especially if you compact it into a short fapfic
>>
>>26151295
talking about me as a writer, it's funny to think that the main male character is the weak, moralist boy, faced with his dilemma to kill or not to kill (yeah, hunger games stuff), while the main female is the strong-willed persona of the fiction, trying to get an alliance against the "enemies". she only wants to save her arse, really; the longer she keeps pretending to be nice, the better.

In my other fic, the pokémon-themed one, the main is a girl looking for her sister while getting entwined in team rocket's plan of world domination. describing her feelings is as simple as spelling "angst", which I could never do with a boy.
>>
>>26180662
Why can't boys be angsty?
>>
File: 56.png (2 MB, 1000x1320) Image search: [Google]
56.png
2 MB, 1000x1320
>>26182431
They certainly can be, considering angst is a human feeling and certainly one of the most powerful emotions in literature. Maybe he simply doesn't want to write about the male gender's experiences with angst though.

On a related note, male and female characters tend to not only handle situations differently, but also react in a different matter altogether. Of course there's the concept of personality, which can complicate preexisting gender tropes. At the end of the day however, I find complicated characters (could be either gender) more interesting to read about than simpler ones.
>>
>>26177267
>>26176806
I'm not 100% trainwreck yet
anyway, i've got a chance to do some writing this weekend, on a non-public computer.
expect either zinnia updates or zinnia update excuses
or snake hemipene
>>
>>26184520
God damnit, i said that last part as a joke, now i've actually got an idea for a fic of Rosa and her serperior in public
>>
>>26184669

>both of them sitting on a bus or something, male serpent coiled innocently around the female trainer's waist and legs
>he's actually balls deep in both her holes at the same time, not that anyone would notice [for a while]

unf. It's almost a shame I can't draw.
>>
>>26184741
>>26184669
I'm glad life experience has taught me that having sex in public is way easier than I originally thought.
>>
>>26184985
photo booth mall sex is the best sex, followed by rooftop sex
>>
>>26185498
Or in a ball pit.
>>
>/vpwt/: Public Sex and Hemipenes
>>
>>26187348

You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>
>>
>>26187348
Nothin' wrong with that yo. Though hemipenes remain a thoroughly boggling biological oddity.

>>26188301
I wish Volcarona was fluffy all over.
>>
>>26188556
IIRC only one actually ejaculates. The second one just holds the female in place. It's the same with sharks.
>>
>>26188556
MAXIMUM FLUFFMOTH
>>
>>26189344
>only one ejaculates
RIP double creampie dreams
>>
>>26190236
That was the first thing that ran through my head as well, honestly.

>>26189352
Volcarona was almost perfect but it just has too much exposed abdomen. It's even got a fire-typing so you know it's warmer than the fuzziest blankets.
>>
What is happening in here?
>>
>>26190789
fluffy volcarona moth cuddling.
Oh and some biology apparently.
>>
File: 1424971284885.jpg (135 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1424971284885.jpg
135 KB, 500x500
>>26190789
Currently producing content. It's a long road.
>>
File: slowrobouros.gif (2 MB, 338x338) Image search: [Google]
slowrobouros.gif
2 MB, 338x338
Guys, I'm pathetic and stuck in a rut. Somebody, please give me a prompt.
>>
>>26190880
Ridiculous amounts of alcohol, in every sense
>>
>>26190880
A man flees through a forest - a pokemon pursues.
>>
>>26190880
>>26184741
Get writing.
>>
>>26190902
>>26190907
thanks guys
>>
>>26190880
A Pokemon trainer trying to train their newly caught pokemon, which is xenophobic due to an experience with an abusive trainer.
>>
>>26190880
Delibird that like blowing stuff up.
>>
>>26190811
What kind of content, anon?
>>
>>26190236
You're writing stories about fictional creatures. You can throw any preception of realism out the window and make it however you want to; just believable and internally consistent.
>>
>>26189344
according to google, only one ejaculates at a time, but the other is used as a back up if the male mates again during his "refractory period", essentially the time it takes him to make more baby batter.
so, theoretically, hemipene double creampies are possible, but you'd really have to convince the snek that both holes can get pregnant
some reptiles also have the gel plug things that essentially act like a cork in the womb, sealing all the semen in to increase the odds of fertilization
>>
>>26192277
I thought I was a fucking weirdo for using animal mating practices as inspiration for my smut. Now I feel a little better.
>>
>>26192641
It's only weird if no animals or people with cat ears are involved
>>
>>26191532
It's my journey fiction that has been in the works for a couple of years. Will be posting updates but I'm drafting the plot's direction now more than anything else
>>
File: tumblr_myzhe6Tq6R1rhtazuo1_500.jpg (47 KB, 496x699) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_myzhe6Tq6R1rhtazuo1_500.jpg
47 KB, 496x699
>>
>>26193731
Sweet, enjoy it man.
I've been thinking of a story where the main character is a brash young woman who is actually a severely flawed and unstable person who starts out with good intentions but her vicious temper, recklessness and desperation to win after a string of humiliating losses begins to deteriorate her behaviour along the way, twisting her into an abuser.

But then again, it'll probably go in the trash along with my 5,006,587,329 story ideas.
>>
>>26194717
That sounds really good anon. It's rare for writers to feel comfortable making their main character a "bad" person, even if they get better later on. I would really like to read something like that.
>>
>>26192738
>Nekomimi forbidden
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
Sorry to bring in bullycancer, but does anyone have the link for the sequel to Bianca Groped? The one with the ferris wheel?
>>
>>26196540
Eh. You're fine. It's not the end of the world since tastes differ.
http://pastebin.com/frsZ3tsP
>>
>>26196584
is this guy still at it?
>>
Definitely going to write tonight, as soon as everyone else goes to sleep, should be soonish
low-key bump
>>
>>26200373
Definitely going to write everyday for the next several years
>>
>>26200574
Okay maybe not
I have Dark Souls 3
>>
File: 1429954380130.png (22 KB, 159x168) Image search: [Google]
1429954380130.png
22 KB, 159x168
>>26191954
>You can throw any preception of realism out the window and make it however you want to
>however you want to

Ha ha, fucking no. Some of these critics are more blunt and heartless than Tumblr.

I hope you don't ever post something you're proud of, because soon you'll hate it and feel like you're absolute garbage in minutes flat if it happens to be an active time that you post.
>>
File: 1462238506336.png (208 KB, 646x779) Image search: [Google]
1462238506336.png
208 KB, 646x779
>>26201621
Sounds insecure as fuck. How can someone go from proud to hate that quickly if they didn't already know that their writing was somewhat shit?
>>
>>26201648
Hindsight. Creator's angst. A innate determination to strive ever higher.

Really, any number of factors.
>>
>>26201648
Some people need a "hey, that's not entirely bad" once in a while to keep going.

>If they didn't already know that their writing was somewhat shit?
It's kind of nice to, you know, not be told that. It helps the drive to improve.
>>
>>26200373
Only took four hours of subliminal messaging via yawning, but everyone's asleep.
I think public hemipenes is happening first, since that takes less planning and it'll be easier for me to get SOMETHING down and done
>>
>>26201658
I guess I've just beaten myself down enough that no amount of people screaming me down. Writing is literally my favorite thing as well, so I would not stop sucking dick no matter how hard people tried.
>>
>>26201897
How far did you get?
>>
>>26201621
No offense dude but you're not writing some award winning novel. You aren't gonna get critics tearing apart your story as like they do in the real world. You simply won't have enough traffic for that. You speak as though it's happened to you before, but anecdotal evidence should not be taken as a universal truth. Instead of getting upset over it you should learn from it. I see flaws in even my favorite works, but it doesn't make me ashamed to share them, nor am I surprised when people point them out. Maybe youre just too young to understand.
>>
>>26203699
About two sentences before i started coughing up a storm and passing out
so, a good three hours of work
>>
>>26205197
Well shit.
>>
>>26206201
yep, probably should have slept at some point since friday morning, but those aren't things to think about when you're drinking all the caffeine
Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.