[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/vp/OC - Original Character and RP Autism General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 56
First thread in about a month now, guess it's a good time to make a new one.

>Information Directory: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o9tCq7JitMPdeIDxIO7Rg2bp9zGvSbzrN88Ldw7VtH4/edit?usp=sharing

>What is this?
Original Character thread, post your characters and discuss them.

>Is there some kind of catalog for existing trainers?
Yes. Don't be too intimidated by its size, most people have 2 characters, possibly more, and we could always use more members. Plus a couple are already inactive.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14-7JUy5cEFXBywymPYy1Zlgfw06YVvLPhxiPGqV37xY/edit?usp=sharing
We've just started to work on a wiki to make this and other things more organized, but for now bear with the big list.

>Is this a roleplaying group?
Half and half. We have two dedicated RP rooms but the original room is for hanging out or discussing shit. More RP info, such as the setting details and world map, can be found in links within the listing above.
We've gotten things started as of more than a month ago, characters are progressing and GM'd Quests have been taken and completed, and we've made strides in building the world, but we are still rather early in all of this and could always use more members.

>How do I join?
We have by now moved completely from the IRC to Discord, and as it stands that's where we're sticking since there seems to be no better alternatives.
https://discord.gg/0uilyL4wcHEFCjE6
Don't be afraid to speak, and people will certainly be there to greet you and answer any questions once you're in.

To join RP, just fill out the form linked at the top of the Character Listing, it's fairly short. It's best to draw if you can or use an editor, but if nothing else suffices don't sweat it. A drawfag might end up drawing them for you anyway.

Previous thread: Lost to history.
>>
File: Marley.png (702 KB, 1238x1500) Image search: [Google]
Marley.png
702 KB, 1238x1500
Discussion Topic!

What's the main concept behind your character? Are they a self insert (perfectly acceptable), or based off some other aspect of yourself? Did you base them around their own Pokemon team, or a type, or even a battling style? Any personal history behind them?

In short, what made you decide to create them?
>>
File: TalonOrangeTransparent.png (691 KB, 1700x1349) Image search: [Google]
TalonOrangeTransparent.png
691 KB, 1700x1349
Admittedly a really bad time to start a new thread, this late.

Guess I can post some of my grills when I need to bump, I have a ton. One before I pass out. The one above was a trap.
>>
free bump
>>
>>26071036
It'll all be better in the morning.
>>
Why is this on /vp/? Shouldn't it go in /tg/?
>>
>>26070472
QT...except the trap one
>>
>>26070259
Lily was kind of a random decision in terms of characters. I just needed to create something that could be fun and play well with other characters.
>>
File: Maple.png (635 KB, 1236x1700) Image search: [Google]
Maple.png
635 KB, 1236x1700
>>26071170
These have been on /vp/ a while, and as a matter of fact wasn't RP-related till late last year. I'm a newfag to /tg/, and wasn't sure if something like that fit. In addition, our RP methods are unusual, since we use instant message as opposed to forum posts or something, and involves open casual stuff (people phasing in and out of the setting as they enter and exit, relatively freely) in addition to the quests which are more regulated through GMs. Furthermore, many of us have never played tabletop games, so our methods might come off as alien to them, but this I'm not sure of either since it might turn out we're pretty similar after all.

That said, these threads don't pick up a whole lotta steam here anymore, so I'd be glad to move if it'll help things work. I just wanna be sure that it's proper to do so. The Discord's really active, but nobody from there really has anything to post in the thread.

>>26072550
I think that was most, and it was Maple in a sense. She started that way, in an RP group years back that was also Pokemon, but I brought her back since I've used her so much that she's the easiest of my characters to play and relate to.

I think in the beginning, she was made to add spice to a group where the RP was growing rather uneventful, again not here. Maple's the kind of character to instigate things and make her own decisions, since I tended to see a lot of people who are more shy in RP, answering a lot of questions and situations with "whatever the rest of you want to do", and naturally the rest say the same thing. Maple was designed to help make things happen, to come up with ideas and be able to decide quickly on courses of action by herself, and has all the bravado and dumbassery she needs to do so. There are consequences, she's even taken great injury in a recent RP here and in other cases, but she's always fun to play for me.
>>
File: Lori2.jpg (376 KB, 1005x1683) Image search: [Google]
Lori2.jpg
376 KB, 1005x1683
Lorilynne......where do I begin?

She actually started out as a nameless OC that I had in the back of my head for a looooong time. When the RP first started, I had hoped to use the main character from a fanfic I was writing, but that didn't work out as planned. So instead, I decided to dig up my nameless OC, give her a name and a backstory, and Lorilynne was born.

As for the inspiration behind her.....well, it actually started way back in the B/W era. As most people who know me will tell you, I love Pokémon Contests, both in the anime and in the game. So when I say Pokémon like Liligant and Leavanny, I was disappointed that they'd never get to see a Contest. This was even truer when X/Y came out and I saw Pokémon like Vivillon and Dedenne. I came up with the idea for an OC who would travel from Kalos to compete in Contests. Then when ORAS came out and they brought back Contests, I decided to flesh things out even more by playing through the game with a Contest team. And it kinda fleshed out from there.
>>
>>26071170
It's a mix of both
>>
>>26071210
Trap is cute too
>>
File: MarleyContest.png (646 KB, 1636x2000) Image search: [Google]
MarleyContest.png
646 KB, 1636x2000
>>26074918
I try my best.
>>
>>26073140
How do you RP Pokemon contests?
>>
>>26075967
I wouldn't even know that was a trap if you hadn't told me
>>
>>26077000
Actually, we were discussing this last night, and those trips deserve an explanation.

We haven't done one yet, but what we've been planning is something like this, two phases:

Phase 1: Appeals. Like a timed writing exercise in which your character makes performs within 10 minutes, and then onto the next competitor. These performances can be planned in advance, but as going with the theme of the current contest will get bonuses, you'll need to be fast and improvise no matter what. We might lengthen or shorten this time, depending on how much people end up needing and how many are in a given contest. A GM playing the role of a judge will score each competitor, then Phase 2.

Phase 2: Competitive. Contestants will battle each other in tournament format, and will have a shorter time to pick each of their moves, probably 5 minutes at most per turn. The judge will probably roll on each turn to decide who goes first. All attacks must be made beautiful much like appeals, especially keeping combinations in mind, and the more glamorous attacks will be amplified as the audience/judge dictates, though they still work somewhat how they do in the games and have similar effects, but of course in RP you can target or manipulate the environment and such. End of each turn the GM states whether and how the moves succeed, and then HP.

Something to keep in mind, though, is that RP battles last a very long time, so having many could prove to drag on far too long. So we might eliminate the lower-scoring half after the first phase, or have all (2 or 3 in this case) Pokemon out at once to prevent stalling.
The attack amplification works through audience approval, as other characters would be watching, but if there aren't enough then we can just have the GM handle that, and regardless the GM will state how the attempt plays out.

The whole concept will be a bit shaky while we experiment, but our GMs have been great at handling things so far, so I think it's worth a shot.
>>
>>26077000
>>26079491
One other thing that's a bit of a hold-up, though, is deciding how score from the first round will affect the second, or if its only role is to decide who moves onto the second phase. Perhaps if neither side faints during their battle, the performances there are judged like in the previous phase, and are the two are then compounded. Not a lotta people have been offering input yet, so we could use suggestions.

>>26078685
That's basically the point. He's actually a sour, socially-awkward shut-in /v/irgin who's lost touch with the outside world for the most part and can't stand to be around people. However, he created a female persona, under which he calls himself Gracie, and is somehow much more confident in public while under the facade, even outgoing enough to enter Contests/Showcases/whatever Sileda has, a Diggersby being his ace. Though, he usually stays indoors for days or weeks at a time while only occasionally coming outside as Gracie.
I drew him in a bunnysuit too.
>>
>>26079580
Post it
>>
File: 1444288256803.jpg (11 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
1444288256803.jpg
11 KB, 500x367
>>26080535
http://i.imgur.com/rV0PvC3.png
I've lost control of my life. Also the legs seem too thick to me.

The Contest idea seem promising at all yet? We have enough coordinator-type characters so that it seems necessary to set something up.
>>
oh hey guys, how's progress? it's spoodles
>>
File: PsiLeaderFinal.png (808 KB, 1666x2000) Image search: [Google]
PsiLeaderFinal.png
808 KB, 1666x2000
>>26082494
See OP, we're doing well and RP has taken off like a charm, but a lot of the oldies haven't been active so I figured a thread was necessary to show we're still alive and well.

Also we're in Discord now. You were the Meowth guy, right?
>>
>>26082744
yeah i settled in to the discord chat to see what was up, lot more momentum this time and it looks fun! i'm gonna get to work and finish my guy
and yeah, i'm the meowth guy
>>
I kinda want to join, but I don't know where to start as far as making a character goes...
>>
>>26082813
>take a self-insert
>make it just slightly anime
>add your fav shouldermon
>>
File: VickaSmall.png (365 KB, 969x1400) Image search: [Google]
VickaSmall.png
365 KB, 969x1400
>>26082813
See the Character Listing and you'll find a little character submission form, with stuff like Name, Age, Bio, and image, just have enough info to fill that out.

As for thinking of one, just think of someone who'd be fun to play. "Literally you in the Pokemon world" is not a bad idea at all either, self-inserts are actually encouraged when they can be done right, and people have been really good about them so far.
>>
File: Book Revue (8).jpg (262 KB, 1480x1080) Image search: [Google]
Book Revue (8).jpg
262 KB, 1480x1080
>>26082839
Please don't say "literally (objective pronoun)"
>>
>>26082828
>shouldermon
>not being a shoulderhuman
>>
>>26082464
Legs aren't thick enough if you ask me[/Spoiler]
>>
>>26084509
Had to remain within somewhat realistic proportions, or it just looks far worse to me.

I think my only THICK character is Maple's Pupitar.
>>
>>26082828
>>26082839
To be honest I still discourage myself from doing self-inserts to this day
>>
>>26070472
We Kamen Rider?

And why make a trap you a trap?
>>
>>26086674
self-inserts are fine, especially in pokemon
you just have to know when not to go overboard if they interact with others
>>
File: kairy.png (134 KB, 483x645) Image search: [Google]
kairy.png
134 KB, 483x645
>>
File: Alowwe.png (436 KB, 539x692) Image search: [Google]
Alowwe.png
436 KB, 539x692
>>
>>26086933
It's more Super Sentai than Kamen Rider
>>
File: 1.jpg (57 KB, 540x657) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
57 KB, 540x657
>>
>>26088699
What's the difference?
>>
>>26089673
Go ask /m/
>>
>>26087477
Cute as fuck
>>
Hey I'm not an RPer or anything but I just wanted to come here and say that some of these OC's are pretty cool.
I really like Maple's artwork too.
>>
>>26091557
Thanks
>>
File: sds.png (19 KB, 472x812) Image search: [Google]
sds.png
19 KB, 472x812
Base to make your own sprite
>>
File: Rocket Thug Brutus.png (185 KB, 470x771) Image search: [Google]
Rocket Thug Brutus.png
185 KB, 470x771
tryed to fix the big boss robo arm from long ago
>>
>>26094551
Dude needs a shave and a haircut
>>
File: amess.png (21 KB, 600x564) Image search: [Google]
amess.png
21 KB, 600x564
>>26070259
How has the RP been going? shenanigans??

My OC is a self-insert, but more like a serious consideration of what I would do in the pokemon world. IRL I am my happiest out hiking and backpacking, but rarely have time for it between school and work and maybe an hour of vidya before bed.

And the part of the games I enjoy most are exploring new routes, finding hidden items, etc, and the idea of a very close knit team of pokemon/animals that make traveling safer.
>>
http://pokemon-sileda.wikia.com/wiki/Pokemon_Sileda_Wikia

Posting the link to the wiki we made in case anyone is interested. Still looks shitty as hell but people are working on it.
>>
File: mysterious man.jpg (92 KB, 615x347) Image search: [Google]
mysterious man.jpg
92 KB, 615x347
hello, my name is Qodd Boward and I support this thread and roleplay group
>>
>>26099612
Ok
>>
File: wip.png (185 KB, 470x771) Image search: [Google]
wip.png
185 KB, 470x771
>>26097552
less hairy?
>>
>>26102821
Close enough
>>
File: rAPFwAm.jpg (155 KB, 900x987) Image search: [Google]
rAPFwAm.jpg
155 KB, 900x987
Bumping with a pic of my OC!
>>
>>26089260
I'd fuck her
>>
File: 1349289436800.jpg (38 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1349289436800.jpg
38 KB, 500x600
>>
>>26097689
RP's been going really swell, the quest system's encouraged a lot of development and activity, especially since about all Pokemon captures and item findings are tied to them right now. Some character drama, relationships made and broken (nothing romantic happening yet)both between humans and Pokemon.

The thing we're unclear on is how characters should be to start, though. We've not really had any issues about it, as most have agreed to start out with one or two Pokemon to start, and under Lv30. As for hold items, we allow Berries off the bat, but things like Choice Specs and Life Orb must be found or earned. But there are also more experienced types of characters, who naturally would have much higher-level Pokemon to start, so we're not really enforcing rules. Oddly enough, common sense has balanced things out amazingly.

I've seen you post that before, but which one are you talking about when you mention the OC? She sounds pretty similar to a lot of the explorer types here, so she'd find purpose and friends quickly I'd imagine.

>>26106303
literally who
>>
panic bump

Don't die before I finish my drawing.
>>
>tfw enjoy making characters
>tfw too shit of a writer and autistic to RP with them
Nice stuff you got here tho guys
>>
>>26108463
You don't have to be either of those things to RP
>>
>>26106303
Boy or girl?
>>
>>26108463
>writer
Nigga we're not one of those groups, we don't take turns writing two paragraphs about the exact manner in which some fellow's lips purse at the end of their sentence or something, don't worry about it.

Most of the time, posts are short, one or two spoken sentences and a quick action, if even that much. The only long posts are GM scenario/status posts and action posts within Quest RP, since a single move in combat can involve details on environment, as well as multiple combatants. And we're not looking for eloquence, just do what's natural.
>>
File: Akira.png (292 KB, 741x2433) Image search: [Google]
Akira.png
292 KB, 741x2433
Might as well post my OC too. She's an everything researcher (as in literally studies up on everything). Has the "big-sister" trope in that she wants to take people under her wing but grows annoyed when said people become too dependent on her

Also glasses. Cause glasses are best.
>>
>>26112917
>Causes glasses are best
My nigga
>>
File: dptr002.png (1 KB, 80x80) Image search: [Google]
dptr002.png
1 KB, 80x80
>>
>>26108463
It's all quick posting,just say the first thing you think of
>>
File: absol groomin.png (133 KB, 456x550) Image search: [Google]
absol groomin.png
133 KB, 456x550
>>26103677
close? do you want me to take his beard off? trying to make something that isnt an 18-20 yr old here

like 32
>>
File: ArmorMaple.png (407 KB, 2000x1763) Image search: [Google]
ArmorMaple.png
407 KB, 2000x1763
So, what do people think of "variants", within bounds of logic? They've appeared in RP a few times so far, as most who have GMed a quest so far have made them appear; here, a khopesh Honedge caught during a quest in the Heremus Ruins, which is Egyptian-styled. There's also been a fluorescent-shroomed Parasect caught within a deep cavern, and a Charmander whose diet causes it to breathe green flames.
I think they add a lot of personalization to character design, even while nobody's started with one, but the only issue that arises is the possible devaluing of Shinies, which have been a quest reward on at least one occasion. Anything can be retconned with enough disapproval, so I'm fine with hearing opinions.

Anyway, this is just Maple's costume for Contests, since I thought Honedge line would be a cool one to use for them after she caught one.

>>26116548
Nonsense, the first one's best, keep the big hair. Rocket or not I wanna meet this guy, he looks like he has a lot of personality, and also like a gentle giant, but fully capable of going berserk. Love the tooth especially, only issue I can see is the neck's a bit thin for his size but designwise he's perfect. We do have some older characters but nobody with one has drawn them, but they're actually well-liked.
>>
bump of life before bed
>>
File: Rocket Thug Brutus.png (185 KB, 470x771) Image search: [Google]
Rocket Thug Brutus.png
185 KB, 470x771
>>26116756
like this?
>>
>>26116756
Could be interesting as long as it doesn't get too crazy
>>
File: Q0KPSRl.png (441 KB, 2000x1763) Image search: [Google]
Q0KPSRl.png
441 KB, 2000x1763
And colored. Have a version with the sheath too, but it mismatches her outfit a lot so I might get the Honedge a custom one for contests. Not that a khopesh matches a European knight look to begin with, but the sheath just looks too big and fancy unless the Honedge is just by himself.

>>26118375
Yeah, it's always wierd how much little tweaks affect things but it looks way better to me now.

pls use him
>>
>>26070259
Why do all your characters have sameface?
>>
File: face.png (237 KB, 580x388) Image search: [Google]
face.png
237 KB, 580x388
>>26119587
Can kinda see it with Sieglinde/Maple, I guess. You sure you aren't just seeing a lot of Maple or am I just getting delusional.

And then while not mine there was also >>26082839 that I drew.
>>
>>26119696
The top/bottom ones on the far left especially have sameface.

Really the only variation between any of them, in terms of facial structure, is eye shape, and even that is far too subtle to even remotely differentiate them.

Their facial structures are just far too similar.

Pic related has a lot of variety. There's more that can be told about a character outside of simple eye shape. Nose/cheeks/mouth/etc. I know you don't do caricatures, but take it a look at it. It's obviously exaggerated; there's a lot you can take out from it.
>>
File: theunborn.png (1 MB, 1388x810) Image search: [Google]
theunborn.png
1 MB, 1388x810
>>26119797
I see what you're talking about, but I actually can't take much from that pic in this case that I don't already know. Maybe for some types of characters, but one issue is that my characters here are pretty much all young girls+trap, and aside from eyes, hair, and to some degree mouth and nose, there's not a whole lot I can do to that without making the appearances end up pretty bizarre. Taken down to simple parts, the face structures aren't gonna be able to look a lot different without going into ugly territory (in the previous pic, really the only things are differences in height of the face, Gracie's being significantly taller than Cocoa's).

If I had older or bigger characters here, it might be easier to provide more variation. I'll actually admit right now my choice of designs might be pretty stale since I've basically just been making cute girls, and even then I mostly just use Maple for RP. Cocoa, Maple, and Persephone are really the only ones that are necessary, so maybe I'll shave others off and try some different things.

Even so, as for pic related, maybe I do need help. Aside from facial features, the actual jaw and cheekbone structure is a bit hard to deviate from, admittedly partly due to anime style, where having eyes too close or too high ends up looking wierd as hell. Guys' faces I find could have a lot more variety, but I simply don't draw them as much because they have a lot less aesthetic options than girls in things such as hairstyle and fashion, and are less fun to draw in general.

If there's a fix for it, I might need help finding it.
Never got to use a single one of these.
>>
>>26119538
Why is she wearing a swimsuit?
>>
>>26122133
Leotard, and because it's just a Contest outfit for performance. Which is one of the primary purposes for leotards. A full set of armor would be unnecessary and ill-fitting, if I found a decent fantasy or medieval group I'd be happy to draw a complete suit of armor.

Also kinda liked the way it looks like some older JRPG style outfits.
>>
File: ArmorMaple4.png (548 KB, 2000x1763) Image search: [Google]
ArmorMaple4.png
548 KB, 2000x1763
Bumping with sheath version I guess. But yeah, looks terrible when equipped on a person.
>>
>>26121587
Yeah, you just need to study faces and anatomy in general. Try doing some figure drawing and gesture drawings to make your poses more fluid.

Studying colour theory wouldn't hurt either. Basically, do art studies. Drawing in a "style" without knowing anatomy makes something nasty.
>>
File: rF01cft.png (940 KB, 2188x2000) Image search: [Google]
rF01cft.png
940 KB, 2188x2000
>>26124353
I'm not really insecure as far as most anatomy goes. Though I am still learning, I'm actively doing so.

My main character drawings are typically going to just be in plain poses because I want to give the best possible visual reference. Other poses are fine, but for the pics I use for the character listing, I don't want to confuse people by using irregular angles and leading to false visualized assumptions about how their parts actually look. Thing is, because just about all the RP groups I've tried don't take off and I'm slow as shit at drawing, I often only ever draw one pic of a lot of my characters.

I suppose I should draw and post more figure drawings, especially with Cocoa since she's probably the most physically-capable and agile.

I'm curious about the color theory comment though, I thought I had that nailed. Still will accept any criticism about that but I gotta know details.
>>
>>26124477
....was not expecting amputees here
>>
File: Jane.png (1 MB, 2481x2000) Image search: [Google]
Jane.png
1 MB, 2481x2000
Bumping with some kinda content I guess. Dropped the character before this thing started though. Not a trap this time
>>
>>26124477
Your colour theory is grounded, but it wouldn't hurt to learn a lot more. Study the fundamentals, the relationship between colours and how that translates, etc.
>>
>>26129204
I want to take criticism but you are vague as hell my man
>>
>>26129381
welcome to art school
>>
>>26129381
Look at the way people dress, study fashion websi4, magazines, clothing stores, look at what colors go well with what.
>>
>>26131688
*websites
>>
>>26128593
Short hair + maid dress + tennis shoes just screams trap though.
>>
File: 1451716399892.png (198 KB, 450x484) Image search: [Google]
1451716399892.png
198 KB, 450x484
>>26131688
Hell no, modern fashion is garbage unless I'm just not living in the right place. A world where pleated skirts are dead and girls' pants have vestigial pockets is not one I wish to pay any heed to.

>>26131861
Lacking necessary components that would make it a maid dress, but she was at least a tomboy.
>>
>>26132132
Fine, then don't look at modern fashion, just study the history of fashion. Look at the styles that brought us to where we are.
>>
Him is a mercenary
>>
>>26070242
some of these poke objects tread dangerously close to that weird autistic niche fetish of object transformation
>>
>>26132916
Having pokemon based furniture is common in the games and anime
>>
>>26132867
He looks like he's very close with his pokemon...too close
>>
>>26131861
What's wrong with that?
>>
>>26135702
Nothing, just saying
>>
>>26134765
They look like dolls
>>
>>26141246
Dolls that might be anatomically correct
>>
>>26142294
Dolls one might use on a lonely night
>>
File: 1449871477556.jpg (78 KB, 538x670) Image search: [Google]
1449871477556.jpg
78 KB, 538x670
>>26132594
I look at clothes all the time, real life stuff and examples from all game genres, I like some things and hate others, and incorporate the aspects I like into my designs in ways that generally fit the character.

Like what the fuck is there to study, what does that even mean
>>
File: a smug mok.png (875 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
a smug mok.png
875 KB, 640x640
>>>/trash/
>>
Would making a Champion OC be too Mary Sue if it's a self-insert? I always loved the aspect of becoming a Champion in the games, and the Champions like Cynthia travelling a lot and fucking with random trainers sounds fun.
>>
>>26145019
We're a pokemon OC thread, we're on topic
>>26145210
Hard to say, if it's a stand alone project, it might be neat. But in a group setting, you'd have to have everyone agree to you being the champ.
>>
>>26114096
She needs some more art
>>
>>26144635
http://www.wikihow.com/Become-a-Fashion-Designer
>>
File: Nitro.png (1 MB, 1464x2592) Image search: [Google]
Nitro.png
1 MB, 1464x2592
>>26146069
I've always found it one of my strong suits anyway. Especially since not all of my characters even wear conventional clothing. Even Maple's dress I haven't seen anything quite like irl.
>>
>>26148838
I feel like the chest should be a bit bigger on her
>>
>>26149733
If I end up using her, I'll probably re-line her and fix some things. The chest actually seems fine, but not compared with the head. I could always use the "style" excuse but she's supposed to look at least taller than my lolis, since she's an adult. My bad.
>>
File: 2185507_p0.jpg (562 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
2185507_p0.jpg
562 KB, 960x960
>>
File: 7469791_p0.jpg (714 KB, 1280x1056) Image search: [Google]
7469791_p0.jpg
714 KB, 1280x1056
dumping some OC and pokeworld inspo art
>>
File: 7565948_p0.jpg (548 KB, 992x1296) Image search: [Google]
7565948_p0.jpg
548 KB, 992x1296
>>
File: 7687826_p0.jpg (904 KB, 1344x1344) Image search: [Google]
7687826_p0.jpg
904 KB, 1344x1344
>>
File: 22734380_p0.jpg (319 KB, 1300x1100) Image search: [Google]
22734380_p0.jpg
319 KB, 1300x1100
>>
File: 38436413_p8.png (367 KB, 700x741) Image search: [Google]
38436413_p8.png
367 KB, 700x741
>>
File: 39200031_p0.png (402 KB, 1000x900) Image search: [Google]
39200031_p0.png
402 KB, 1000x900
>>
>>26149863
That's not an OC
>>
>>26149804
>Relicanth is 51lbs
She's got a strong neck.
>>
(I copypasted it from >wrong< thread, please excuse it)

Ahh, I want write some simple RP (Pokemon Journey or something with them, like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon), but the problem is english is not my native language and writing with me would be a problem.
I don't like writing alone, because even if I write something I'll freeze at some point and wouldn't continue a story.
First, I was writing with my friends, but for some unknown reason we stopped. Now, I just looking for someone who is from my country.

Poland
Please, don't scold me for it

If I find someone from my country I'll be able to write something (I hope!)
>>
>>26149812
If that's not an evil team member/leader,then I don't know what is.
>>
>>26129381
There is nothing vague about colour theory. It's exactly what it sounds like.

Ever heard of form shadow? The terminator?

You need to study how contrast affects the composition, how saturation draws attention, how colours respond to each other.

It's important to draw and observe everything. By drawing from observation, one understands the figure and subject through the elements and principles of art.
>>
File: ColorTheory_Screen_White.jpg (375 KB, 1224x792) Image search: [Google]
ColorTheory_Screen_White.jpg
375 KB, 1224x792
>>26152765
>>26129381
>>
File: 360.png (313 KB, 466x410) Image search: [Google]
360.png
313 KB, 466x410
>>26153365
What of this kiddie stuff do you not think I know by this point

I'm not perfect by any stretch but I don't see any issue you're getting at, you're just telling me to study this thing that I believe I already know well without even telling me where I got it "wrong," even though I'm fully willing to believe you, take criticisms to heart and fix myself.

To me it looks like you're just trying to be a wise guy for no good reason, and while acting like you're giving criticism actually aren't at all. If anything it's at least a good back-and-forth that keeps this thread bumped but come on nigga.
>>
>>26152021
Your english seems pretty good from where I'm standing.
>>
>>26152021
Nie jest źle. Ćwicz dalej inglisza.
>>
>>26155805
Chill, dude
>>
>>26155805

Not him, but the "kiddie stuff" is what people refer back to no matter their skill level in art. Never take offence if someone tells you to re-study the fundamentals or simple shapes and colour instead of anatomy and cubes, and never underestimate the basics.

What i've gleaned from this back-and-forth is that you need to work on colour, and that's all you need to know to go off doing your own studying.
>>
File: 1445794441504.png (66 KB, 382x395) Image search: [Google]
1445794441504.png
66 KB, 382x395
>>26158733
Alright, I was getting pissy when I used that term and I realize how important it is, and I certainly don't underestimate it, but he threw out a lotta terms without letting me know what was actually off.

I don't take offense to criticism so much as just totally vague jibber-jabber, nor do I understand what it means to "study" aside from knowing pretty much that image and practicing good coloration in each picture

He basically just said to work on everything without pinpointing any issues. Which I already do by trying to improve bit by bit every single drawing.
>>
>>26150062
She's a fighting type trainer, all of her muscles have to be strong.... All of them
>>
>>26160800
Kinky
>>
26152021 here
Okay, I thought about it and I found that language barrier can be negated. Well, writing with me still would be a problem, but not so big as I thought it was. I really want to find some people to write with me (because it's fun, doesn't it?) but in the other hand I don't want to intimidate you with some issues, so, I just write them here:

-You will need patience. Writing in non-native language is pretty painful (or at least time-consuming). You have to wait more time for my reply.
-My creations can be clusterfucks - I mean linear or chaotic. I will still do my best, but don't expect much. the truth is I just don’t believe in myself.

Well, I think it's all.

[spoiler I wanted also add a pic rel for my trainer, but I draw like I had an autism. Still, If you want know 'something' about my OC just replay to this post (I can even add full OC sheet).

May I also namefag myself with my e-mail adress? It would make communicating with me much easier.

Sorry if I wrote something wrong in this post or even post breaks rules.
>>
>>26165131
Just post it, you don't really need to ask permission
>>
>>26166464
This, even if you're not going to join the RP, post your oc. We'd love to see it
>>
Sit down 4chan, heres a story.
>>
The year was 1969. i was a wide eyed kid fresh out of highschool. and before i knew it, i was in a chopper hovering above the Ban Hieng River.

As soon as we touched down, it was nothing but chaos. I watched the Cong in their villages, running away from the flames, daring to administer its deadly kiss. i had orders gun down anyone, even little kids. I watched as a little girl who couldn't of been more than six, run out in the street engulfed in flames, and collapse there

My platoon marched through the forest, through the Mu Gia Pass, and onwards. as i marched through the dense jungles, i thought of war. how cruel and unfair it is. That this Country sends young kids out to die and have no problem doing so. having kids kill kids, whats the purpose of it all?

Through the forests we marched, for what seemed like a eternity. an Eternity in hell. As we marched on, we were ambushed by some Cong. i was shot, and i remember the slow fall to the ground... i don't remember much, other than Fear. Pure, unadulterated fear.

After i was taken, my captors would come by, and occasionally give me rice. For 4 years i languished in some Cave off the Gulf. We were beaten daily. i never dared escape, for i Fear death more than The Cong.

One rainy day, we were liberated. i wish i could say i was so glad to be liberated, but now i had lost all will to live. i was a broken man. i began to drink, to feel happy, but now i drink to die. As my liver becomes spotted, i await my death. That... is what Vietnam has done to me
>>
>Like the idea of RPing
>All this info and shit that I'm afraid I'll fuck up somehow
>Have an idea for a character but shit at descriptions, personality, and backstory
>In general suck at RP
>Will most likely fail horribly at it and be run off
>>
>>26170023

Garbage.
>>
>>26170511
You'll never know unless you try
>>
File: 1454994415039.png (240 KB, 432x429) Image search: [Google]
1454994415039.png
240 KB, 432x429
>>26165131
>I wanted also add a pic rel for my trainer, but I draw like I had an autism
What does this even mean? If you're actually able to draw, a drawing is so much better than no drawing at all.

>May I also namefag myself with my e-mail address? It would make communicating with me much easier.
Nah, no one here does that, we just use Discord, no need for emails or anything.

>>26170511
Just do it you pansy, you'll learn the ropes fast.
>>
>>26170511
Just go for it
>>
File: tumblr_o5nn4aNQbT1uxuhlto2_1280.png (288 KB, 800x1300) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5nn4aNQbT1uxuhlto2_1280.png
288 KB, 800x1300
Here, have a reverse trap Serena.
>>
>>26174306
That's not an original character
>>
File: nec.jpg (282 KB, 800x679) Image search: [Google]
nec.jpg
282 KB, 800x679
>>26174306
That's completely irrelevant practically every way

how many underage do we have here anyhow
>>
>>26144567
A very lonely night
>>
File: rini.png (2 KB, 43x85) Image search: [Google]
rini.png
2 KB, 43x85
I've been worried about my pokemon oc not looking trainer-ish enough, but seeing all the neat designs in this thread has boosted my confidence a bit.
>>
>>26178043
She looks really cute, I love your spritework.
>>
File: superhappy.gif (530 KB, 600x455) Image search: [Google]
superhappy.gif
530 KB, 600x455
>>26178043
Holy fuck I like this fashion sense a ton.

If you end up joining us, I'll gladly draw her for you. That's sorta how my "commissions" work, cuties with genuinely good designs get freebies, all else I'll never get to.
Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.