[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/vp/ixelmon: Pixelmon devs are shit Edition:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74
File: 1460797872167.png (324 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
1460797872167.png
324 KB, 854x480
IP: vpixelmon.hosthorde.net (NA)
Only extra mod is Crayfish Furniture

>==[News]==<
-New server, same problems. It has something to do with pixelmon entities. I'll find the problem.
-BlockLag has somewhat been addressed. To help, keep your apricorn farms small <70 trees.
-You can find a badge museum at spawn to claim a badge for your gym.
-First ideas about Gyms, Champs and such:http://pastebin.com/Ut7sVBRX

>==[Installation]==<
http://pastebin.com/PURqPCZZ

>==[What's Pixelmon?]==<
It's Pokemon in Minecraft. Build houses and make your pets fight each other.

>==[Rules]==<
Don't be a dick and don't grief.

>==[Helpful Links]==<
FAQ and Tips:http://pastebin.com/9eC62KHz
Pixelmon Wiki:http://pixelmonmod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
Crayfish Recipes:http://mrcrayfishs-furniture-mod.wikia.com/wiki/Crafting_Recipes
Server Map:http://i.imgur.com/lZ006Zh.png

Leave opinions and suggestions about the Gym system.
You want another additions?
Just shout the suggestions at me.
>>
Reposting:
So, I have an idea that should bring popularity to more towns and sort out gyms once and for all.

First, towns.
Once you build a couple buildings in your town, (therefore making it an actual town and not some hermit shack) you'd get a Pixelmon spawner which will spawn 3-4 mons of your choice. Everyone would choose different mons, so people would settle in different towns depending on what Pokemon they like.

Next, gyms. NPC gym leaders are the way to go. However, if you want a gym to be created, you have to build the actual gym and ask for an NPC to be put in it. If a gym gets damaged, etc, anyone who wants to can repair it. Ie, you are not the actual person battling, but someone who takes care of the gym. Not only does this sort out squabbles on who gets to be the leader, but multiple people can help develop the gym too and even add stuff like puzzles.
>>
>>25967581
I disagree with absolutely all of this.
Good job.
>>
>>25967581
I quite like the idea of a spawner or two, but the spawns have to be restricted to something that would be believable for the biome. Wouldn't feel a Charizard running around an Arctic town.

As for Gyms, I personally feel the Gym leader should get the NPC to use as a stand-in for when they're offline. Same rota of mons, just automated. Leader selection ought to be settled by battle. Only one fire Gym but two potential fire leaders? Let's see who's better.
>>
File: lies.png (108 KB, 993x1043) Image search: [Google]
lies.png
108 KB, 993x1043
So explain me why you cant make pirate server and play in offline mode? I'm playing with friends fine and not losing my stuff upon disconnect.
Minecraft 1.8.9
Pixelmon 4.2.3
Pic related. Sorry for engrish.
>>
>>25967949
Pixelmon devs are autistic and prevented people with pirated versions to play. Sorry lad.
>>
>>25968081
I mean everything works fine for me. However every thread people say that its impossible. Just set your firewall to block outgoing connections for server. Or block pixelmon auth servers only.
>>
pokemon spawn rate increased when? Server is a wasteland right now
>>
File: 1453265984.gif (951 KB, 500x343) Image search: [Google]
1453265984.gif
951 KB, 500x343
>>25968147
Pokemon spawnrate back to normal or RIOT.
>>
Post songs from Pokemon that fits towns
Moonruin Valley:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1V8rMIjDfs
>>
Gary you pleb turn Pokémon spawning back on
>>
>>25968303
Build something.
>>
>>25968277
Nortia Town
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYASGXzBTfw
>>
>>25968473
>more mods

We're not doing anything until we fix the lag.

Which is an issue with pixelmon, because of how shit its optimized.
>>
>>25968498
I can understand that.
>>
>>25968508
But hey if you can mod you should try and patch pixelmon's shitty code.
>>
>trying to capture Suicine
>game crashes
why
>>
>>25968715
Because pixelmon battle coding is the worst fucking coding in pixelmon.

AND IT MAKES ME SO FUCKING SALTY.

I crashed trying to catch it too
>>
>>25968516
Holy shit this

They also should remove pointless self inserts and general autism they added in the mod.
>>
File: goycune.png (430 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
goycune.png
430 KB, 1366x768
goycune get
>>
>Try to log in
>Either Time out or instantly crash
god damn it
>>
I timed out of the server and can't rejoin, but it looks like there's still people online so it might just be be. What do?
>>
>>25968785
You're not the only one.
>>
File: pixelmon.png (156 KB, 1238x683) Image search: [Google]
pixelmon.png
156 KB, 1238x683
I'm getting a weird error when I try to login does anyone have any idea whats going on?
>>
>>25968785
>>25968792
>>25968796
I'm getting the same issue now suddenly.
>>
>>25968783
Goycune broke the server

Nice job heeb
>>
>>25968800
oy vey stop being an anti-semetic bigot
did you forget about the 6 gorrillion?
>>
>tfw can't get in
GARYYYY
>>
ON IT
>>
>>25968848
Thanks! Even though I was bitching last night, I am happy that you guys do keeping working on this and are always striving to make it better for the rest of us.
>>
>>25968866
Thanks.

Server should be back online now
>>
File: 2016-04-16_07.48.04.png (936 KB, 1360x745) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-16_07.48.04.png
936 KB, 1360x745
Nortia is starting to come along after the long build of the gym.
Insides of it still a work in progress.
>>
>>25969058
looks like shit
>>
>>25968880
Alright, what's your opinion on the spawner idea? Personally, I dislike it unless you have a really good reason to (if I build a massive wind farm out of quartz and iron blocks, I can probably request Drifloon, and suchlike) but I want to hear your opinion.

>>25967542
Fuck, does this mean another Ho-Oh spawned while I was asleep? Time to cry, I guess.
>>
File: 2016-04-16_16.13.41.png (417 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-16_16.13.41.png
417 KB, 854x480
>>25969185
Nope, just me. Gary asked for screenies for the OP of this thread.
>>
>>25968277
Allium Isle...
https://youtu.be/HAM2yqrp-zo

...And Lapras Island.
https://youtu.be/4wzQmZUQ7ss
>>
>>25969208
Oh, okay. Is it still lagging all to shit when nearly empty as it always is in the morning?
>>
>>25969221
There are a ton of Lapras around castaway bay, yesterday I caught one and saw four others swim by...
>>
>>25969231
I have seen more Lapras than Magikarp while living on Lapras Island.

I'm convinced Magikarp are a myth, and thus have been building a temple to their glory.
>>
>>25969185
I kinda like the spawner idea. I'll definitely consider it.
>>
>>25969247
See, this is the sort of thing that could reasonably earn you a spawner. Creating a few buildings, not so much. If you have a build devoted to a specific nonlegendary Pokémon, then you should receive a spawner for that Pokémon if you so desire.
>>
>>25968277
I'd like to think that fits more with Shitopolis.
>>
Somehow I'm thinking this server was doomed from the start. Shit we're even getting some of the plagues from the bible.

Rivers/Oceans of blood - People's Pokemon randomly vanishing/"dying" for no reason.
Locusts - The bugginess of the trader and fossil machines causing crashes.
Flooding of the world - Monday's literal permarain

god doesn't want this server to happen, guise
>>
>>25969415
Time for a true Ragnarok? Let the world be destroyed in fire and blood, and build a new world upon the ashes of the old? Hell, if Gary really wanted to be creative, he could do so and copy a few old things over in the same places with mossy stuff around them.
>>
File: 2016-04-16_10.44.21.png (1 MB, 1600x878) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-16_10.44.21.png
1 MB, 1600x878
Construction of the Prospect Rookery is well underway, though it definitely needs some work breaking up the straight vertical lines and repetitiveness of the blocks I've used. I'm planning on breeding flying mounts for size, since I was a little disappointed in how small my Ordinary Fearow was.

>But Retspline, why is a cave town breeding Flying pokemon?

Because shut up, that's why.

Also, I was thinking that little oasis in the corner of the screenshot would be a great place for something Water themed. Maybe not even full dojo status, just a cool place to battle.
>>
>>25967581
No, I don't like any of this.
>spawners in towns
Having one in sandile park is great, having one in every town trivializes it. 3-4 is also entirely to many. This also won't make people live there, it'll just make people show up once, catch mons, and leave.
>NPC gym leaders
Absolutely not. Too many people have put in too much work already to have that taken from them by an npc. Nothing bad has come from Real person gym leaders, just what-ifs. Everyone has agreed on a system for gyms that's pretty simple.
>>
>>25969655
>Nothing bad has come from Real person gym leaders, just what-ifs

So I guess the drama and arguing isn't enough for you? What about how in previous gens certain gyms never actually got to hand out badges because their leader had a weird as fuck timezone so no one could challenge them?
>>
>>25969472
>Prospect Rookery is well underway
Fuck you, I wanted to build something like that. ROOKERY TOWERS FOR EVERYONE.

>>25969655
Yeah, NPC gym leaders are the worst idea anyone on this server's ever had. Maybe you can get spawners if you build something devoted to a particular Pokemon - a rookery might get Murkrow and Spearow, a Magikarp shrine might get Magikarp and the occasional Gyarados, a graveyard might get Gastly...but beyond that, no.
>>
>>25969683
Do you think people are going to stop bitching? That will never happen. Until Gary or Rowan put in the OP or make a statement that their going with something someone has pitched, everyone is going to be saying what they want. We already have a system down that works, and we should go with it. The gyms/dojo/weekly challenges system.

>>25969697
Yeah if you build something for a specific pokemon, a spawner would be cool. But just having one in every town just because they're a town? That is the worst idea I've heard.
>>
>>25969655
>Having one in sandile park is great, having one in every town trivializes it.
It should be avaliable to most towns or no towns. Why does sandile park get to be so special? That's unfair.

>>25969683
Agreed.
>>
>>25969755
Because >>25969739, having one just for being a town is a shit idea. Steelton just built one house next to a pokemon center and called themselves a town, putting a spawner there would be asinine. You should have to build something for one specific pokemon, like Sandile park did, or you don't get one.
>>
>>25967581
What's the point of this? Why do towns need to be "fixed"? The only reason people don't live in other towns is because they're either a million miles away, or they look like shit. Fuglands paths are made of redstone ore and clashing teal, and they're somehow surprised that no one moves in? Towns don't need a rule to fix them, we just need better towns.
>>
>>25969755
>Why does sandile park get to be so special? That's unfair.
Because Sandile Park isn't a town you autist, it's literally a theme park dedicated to Sandile.

>>25969781
>You should have to build something for one specific pokemon, like Sandile park did
Speaking of which, I feel like something like this should be done for a Pokémon of every EV. People are using Sandile for Attack so I don't see why not for the others.
>>
>>25969781
Eh, Steelton built that Pokecenter and has been doing some good expansion. I think we should also differentiate between "Here is a town" and "Here is where I am building a town". I'm not a big fan of the spawners-for-towns idea at all but clearly only some place that is established with multiple residents, buildings, and attractions would get one.

>>25969683
>people are arguing against this idea, that means we should use this idea
???

That's not the most fair interpretation of your argument, but that's really what it sounds like to me. People are going to disagree, and argue, and discuss things. That's good! I mean, the level of discourse drops pretty low around here but that doesn't mean you can't still talk about things.
>>
File: 1422492644348.jpg (51 KB, 461x294) Image search: [Google]
1422492644348.jpg
51 KB, 461x294
i cant connect to the new ip
i just say connection refused no further information
i tried googling what to do but that didnt help much
>>
>>25970042
Try

s7.hosthorde.com:26329
>>
File: mynigga.png (63 KB, 168x183) Image search: [Google]
mynigga.png
63 KB, 168x183
>>25970095
thank you kind anon
>>
>>25970024
>Speaking of which, I feel like something like this should be done for a Pokémon of every EV. People are using Sandile for Attack so I don't see why not for the others.
I agree. I think capping it at 6 would be fine. We already have Magikarp and Sandile, so a few more EV training areas wouldn't hurt.
>>
>>25970202
I'm not going to say that I wouldn't shit my pants in joy if we had EV training areas for everything, but is prefer them to occur naturally. Sandile park was built before the Sandile spawner, it's a happy coincidence that it makes a good EV training area. What I mean is, don't build the "Sp Atk EV zone!" Build a raltz nursery or something.
>>
>>25970246
We wouldn't really need a Sp. Atk-oriented spawner if we were to ever get more, to be honest. Most of ghost towers' mons give only Sp. Atk EVs.
>>
>>25970246
That'd work. Maybe we should make a different one for speed though, Magikarp Pond is primarily focused for training up mons when people have just started.

>>25970267
The issue with those is that theyre generally in their 20s or even higher, while Sandile Park is useful because they're all level 1.
>>
so what gyms are still available to be created
>>
>>25970310
All.
If a gym is taken, your gym will be called a "Dojo" and once a week (or every other week), you can challenge the gym to an official battle, if you win then you become gym and they become Dojo.
>>
>>25970310
Build a dojo of whatever type you like. If you're gud enough you can become a gym.
>>
Cause people keep asking about it:

Rules for Gyms:

> There can only be one Gym per type (=17 possible Gyms).
> Gym leader teams have to be monotype
> If there are multiple players that want a gym of the same type, they will have to fight for the right to become the Gym and hand out Badges.
> The loser will be considered a Dojo and can regularly challenge the Gym for the right to become the Gym instead.
> Badges will be distributed soon (Server lag is hampering all of this a bit)
>>
>>25970323
>>25970325
well i don't want to be a nigger about it, just curious about what isn't claimed
>>
>>25970331
Ayy, and the arguments stop after this line
---------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>25970331
Now that this is decided, I think I and everyone else would like signs at soawn that say who runs the current gyms, and which towns those gyms are in. Since they'll be changing, I think this will be needed.
>>
>>25969697
Oh man it would actually be both hella convenient and useful to have a Spearow spawner in my tower since I'm trying to breed Fearows. Hmm. Time to selfishly change my opinion in favor of spawners?
>>
>>25970341
There are, in the Badge Museum.
>>
So let's organise this.
Attack - Sandile in Sandile Land
Defense - Seedot in a Taiga Treehouse (?)
Special Attack - Ralts Nursery in Birch Forest
Speed - Spearow in Prospect Rookery

What for Special Defense and HP?
>>
>>25970331
Any comment on the Type diversity issue brought up last thread?
http://pastebin.com/pQnFVWi4
>>
>>25970375
How about you build a thing, then ask for a spawner, and we'll see if you get one or not.
>>
>>25970377
Personally, I'm in favor of Gym leaders/trainers (We should totally have gym trainers, by the way) getting up to one on-theme but off-type pokemon. I'd still like it sort of discouraged, so that not everyone does it but it's not that big a deal if they do. Plus I suppose enough purists will be Gym leaders as well.
>>
>>25970398
I think it's fair to plan em out first, so we know what to build.
>>
>>25970286
It's perfect because not only do you get actual experience, but you need to gitgud in order to get the reward(s).
>>
>>25970377
Yes, in the very post you quoted, it says gyms are going to be mono typed. Pay attention.
>>
>>25970408
No. Sandile park was built for fun first, then the Sandiles were added later. This is the better way to do it.
>>
>>25970375
Thinking maybe a Spheal Pond in the Ice Plains for HP and a Ledyba Hut in some forest.

>>25970421
But that's wrong? I built most of Sandile Park, the spawner was added before the rollercoaster, the statue, the wall and the PokeCenter.
>>
>>25970449
But - and correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just going off observation here - Sandile park was conceived of out of a desire for Sandile, not out of a desire for an Atk EV training facility.
>>
File: 2016-04-16_14.58.20.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-16_14.58.20.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
shitpussy
>>
>>25970457
>moving the goalposts
Yes, but the whole idea of building EV training facilities has stemmed from Sandile Park since people are using it for attack EVs, as said here >>25970024
>>
>>25970470
That's not moving goalposts at all, that's been the point from the start. We don't want boring "EV training zones", we want cool places and builds that we can maybe put some EVs into.
>>
>For dual-type Pokémon, the breeding strength values of each of their types are averaged to obtain a final value (rounded down to the nearest multiple of 0.5).

http://pixelmonmod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Breeding/Environment

Most dual-type pokemon fug half as fast as mono-type for... reasons?
>>
>>25970481
Which is why in >>25970375 and >>25970449, fun areas that also work as EV spots are being talked about. What are you not getting about this? It's literally helping out everyone who wants to EV train, why is this such an issue to you?
>>
>>25970488
Because it's boring. If we did everything the most effecient way, no one would have houses, we'd just have chests and furnaces in the open because there's no monsters to hide from, there would be no routes, and many other things. It's better to just let things naturally than to force your gamist desires into somewhere that they werent before. No one was talking about EV training zones before Sandile Park, you just saw it and your game-theory mouth started drooling.
>>
java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
>>
>server just booted me
>get "Timed out" whenever I try to reconnect
PICNIC
>>
>>25969058
Dude... that's a poor igloo.

Consider googling Plotz.
>>
>>25970375
I was actually kind of building a miltank farm in my little town. They give two Defense IVs, if that isn't already set in stone.
>>
haha why am i socially awkward on a pixelmon server haha what am i like
>>
File: 1460771557692.png (723 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1460771557692.png
723 KB, 1000x1000
Updated map, since the supplied one is old af
>>
>>25970829
Why must Nortia be so far away? I'd move there because snow is comfy, but it's even worse than fugland in that regard.
If only it could be moved closer.
>>
Need to submit a report to Big GaryYolk.

Was moving mons around in my box to streamline breeding. Somehow lost my Pygmy Abra.
>>
>>25970375
i have a tropical island with a volcano i built on it

I wouldn't mind hosting a spawner, I'm personally very partial to a land that time forgot
style fossilmon island, but i'm not picky
>>
How is the Original Trainer of a bred pokemon determined? Whoever hatched the egg? Might be beneficial to pay someone else to raise your eggs to increase your odds of breeding a shiny.

>If the parents have differing original Trainers, their offspring have double the normal chance of being Shiny.

http://pixelmonmod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Breeding#Other
>>
>>25970449
>Ledyba Hut in some forest.
Go to fugland. Theyre absolutely everywhere
>>
http://strawpoll.me/7390480
lets all be friends pls
>>
>>25971432
You can build whatever you want to.
I don't understand why any building would require server permission to be built.
>>
>>25971504
well theres a shitstorm going on now about building it, even though itll probably be built anyway because its a minecraft server and you can build whatever u want
>>
File: farm.png (484 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
farm.png
484 KB, 1360x768
Just want some ideas on how this looks. Considering asking Gary for a Miltank spawner once I finish it.
>>
>>25971576
's perdy good pardner
>>
File: Roxie SFW (47).jpg (101 KB, 813x813) Image search: [Google]
Roxie SFW (47).jpg
101 KB, 813x813
>>25971576
Looks gorgeous, and I think its a great idea
>>
>>25971555
It's passed, no need to make a meme out of it
>people voting on explorers guild locations in game
>they vote on whether the vote should be voted to end the vote
>someone asks whats the point of the guild
>guild people take it personally and start sperging out about the right to build things and get all defensive
>person who askef just tell them to calm down and stop freaking out over a question and just drop it
>someone decides they're not done with the autism and so adds a poll to the thread
That about sums it up
>>
File: sadpika.jpg (6 KB, 206x117) Image search: [Google]
sadpika.jpg
6 KB, 206x117
>mfw Destiny Tower will never be relevant because it's in the middle of nowhere
>mfw my last chance to make it an interesting place failed
>mfw Destiny Tower will never be seen again by anyone but me, because nobody will go there
>>
>>25971612
fuck off nig
>>
>>25971612
It"s okay prometheus, I go there to jump off the roof sometimes
>>
>>25971555
>Shit storm
>Literally just Erod crying and everyone telling him it's just a game
>>
>>25971612
you are such an attention whoring little kid autismo it's not even funny
>>
>>25971664
>Erod crying
I asked why, and everyone got triggered. Try not to let your autism control your life.
>>
>>25971612
get Gary to world edit it into relevancy
>>
>>25971612
In all honesty I think the map needs to be extended any way. The map posted in the thread that is. At the moment it is only -5000 to 5000 but the boundary is -10000 to 10000.
>>
>timed out
FUOLFKHJSDKGLHSLGKHLSKGh

NOTU DISSU SHITU AGAIN!
>>
>>25971672
don't make the bait to obvious, senpai
>>
Can't connect?

Use:

s7.hosthorde.com:26329
>>
>>25971664
>"I don't get it"
>WTF STOP TRYING TO CONTROL MY BUILDS ITS A GAME OKAY ITS FOR FUN I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT TO FUCK OFF ALREADY
Hmm, I wonder which one of these people is the one being an autists bitch here...
>>
>>25971707
the answer is both

cap for not just explaining

and erod for constantly bringing it up and retardedly asking over and over

also AQ scores when?
>>
>>25971733
I asked twice.
>what's the point?
>I still don't get it.
That's not constantly. I also didn't drag it out and make a poll about it.
>>
>>25971707
Taking a neutral standpoint on this and saying that both sides were in the wrong. Erod was for asking why, since there was literally no reason not to make a guild as all it will do is help people. Meanwhile, everyone else responded autistically to it and kept the argument going when it was done.
>>
>>25971745
>wrong for asking why
The fuck is this? Stop with your PBS Kids style "everyone is a winner" garbage, this is really grasping at straws.
>>
fixed trades when???
>>
>>25971745
>asking why is wrong
For the record the conversation could have gone like this
>what's the point of an explorers guild?
>none really, it'll just be fun
>neat, let me know if you need help
But instead it went like
>what's the point of an explorers guild
>get off my fucking back okay just mind your own business this is my build and I can do whatever I want
>oooookay just calm down their captain autism, let's drop it
>>
>>25971737
well you autistic if you cant get

"a fun way to help people" plus its a fucking game, who cares what people do?

>>25971757
>someone makes a levelheaded assessment of shitty e drama

>M-muh-muh grasping at straws

the autism is real
>>
>>25971787
The point is that "it's just fun" wasn't brought up until the thread. The only shit Capp said was defensive and angry rants about the right to do things and it was cringy as fuck.
>>
>>25971787
>defending people for being triggered and freaking out
No fuck off with your shit.
>>
So wait, what is supposed to be the point of an Explorer's guild? Is that supposed to be self-evident? Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I think it's natural for people to be curious why you're doing something.
>>
>defending people for being triggered and freaking out
>No fuck off with your shit.

literally autism.
>>
>>25971830
From what I understand, it's there to help people out by doing jobs for them when they currently don't have the time to do so or straight up don't want to. There's also something about a board with grotto coords so people don't go searching I guess?
>>
>>25971830
Hey now be careful, curiosity is an evil thing! If you ask, Capp might have another massive freak out and get triggered all over again!
>>
>>25971858
Ooh ad hominem attacks.

Now were really cranking up the autism.
>>
>>25971872
It's called sarcasm you witless fuck. And when someone is being autistic, saying "stop being autistic" isn't ad hominem.
>>
>>25971853
Fair enough. Having an organized structure for people helping people sounds great.

>>25971872
How autistic would it be if someone pointed out that wasn't an ad hominem attack?
>>
>Capp and Erod both literally in game both wondering why the fuck people in the thread are arguing about nothing when it was dropped awhile ago
Stay autistic, kids.
>>
>Timed out
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Server down?
>>
>>25971830
>explorer's guild
>not being a Grotto Hunter
>>
serber is ded?
>>
Holy shit this new server host is fucking awful. This is like, the 4th time this has happened today meanwhile it never happened on the old one. The block lag is even worse with less people online.
>>
>serber ded

PANIC!
>>
Please understand.
>>
>>25971925
We noticed
>>
>>25971934
I don't understand.
>>
File: you only had to understand.jpg (74 KB, 600x484) Image search: [Google]
you only had to understand.jpg
74 KB, 600x484
>>25971940
>>
Have we agreed on a route layout/map at all yet? I've been gathering a shitload of dirt, gravel, and cobble for it ahead of time.
>>
>>25972047
Also check fugland church. I think we have an assload in one of the chests
>>
>>25972047
I also dug up like 30 stacks worth from the bottom of the ocean. Depth Strider+Respiration+Aqua Affinity is such a lifesaver, can you even take damage fast enough to drown with Respiration?
>>
>>25972084
Given that we're on Peaceful, it's literally impossible to drown with a Respiration III helmet. Not so sure about II, though.
>>
>>25972098
thank fuck too, hunger is a shit mechanic and i dont like getting shot by skeletons constantly
>>
>>25972098
Its literally impossible to drown. I've sat underwater for 3 minutes before and I didn't drown. You heal too fast.
>>
>>25972121
Are you sure? I've seen a few drowning death messages here and there.
>>
>>25972121
>>25972124
Not him but I should clarify, this only works with a Respiration 3 helmet. It causes you to lose HP slower than you regain it. The other day I was collecting fossils at the bottom of the ocean and didn't come up for air at all in 3 hours.
>>
>>25972130
Sounds like it'd be great for some succ
>>
>>25972130
>>25972124
You don't even need Respiration III. I tested it with a Respiration I helmet, and I still didn't drown.
>>
>>25972574
I've done it with no helmet.
>>
SERVER DOWN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>Forcibly closed by the remote host
FUCK OFF REMOTE HOST

I JUST WANT TO PLAY POKEMON MINECRAFT

REEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING NORMIE REMOTE HOST FUCK OFF
>>
SPAWNER LIST FOR EV TRAINING:
HP - Spheal Pond at Nortia
Attack - Sandile Safari at Sandile Park
Defense - Various Klink at Moxy's future factory
Special Attack - Natu in Captain's Jungle Temple
Special Defense - Hoppip on Allium Isle
Speed - Magikarp Pond at spawn / Spearow at that one guy's Rookery
>>
>>25972633
>not my Jurassic park

well at least I know now
>>
>>25972633
>tfw you were not chosen to house an ev training area
i want off this ride of unpopularity
>>
>>25972643
Nothing"s set in stone, but you definitely deserve something Kron
>>
>>25972643
Well, there's no definite for HP yet.

Reply to this post if you have a good idea for the HP EV spot.
>>
Getting really fucking tired of my fucking pokemon vanishing.

Its hard enough to raise pokemon without them up and poofing on you occasionally.
>>
>>25972667
Drifloon spawner near Destiny Tower?
>>
>>25972667
well you could do it at mantager (my) pagoda with some caterpie or chansey, or just ignore me... heh heh... kill me, no-one even knows i was one of the first gym leaders on the server
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 174x231) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 174x231
>tfw you can't play and you know someone is going to fuck your shit.
>>
>>25972633
I still think some fire Pokemon at the hotspring would be really nice.
>>
File: 9fK6vcW.jpg (670 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
9fK6vcW.jpg
670 KB, 3264x2448
tfw you see no pokemon for a whole day, then some rando walks through and they spawn in his wake but never for you.
>>
>>25972633
>mfw I wasn't recommended for the Defense spot despite having already built the site for it

I guess that's the problem when your not in the circlejerk.
>>
>>25972819
>not in the circlejerk
It was an ongoing conversation in the MC chat for like, 15 to 20 minutes. Not our fault if you didn't say "Hey I have a site for defense"
>>
>>25972819
There is no circkejerk. In game people said "where should the Def place be?" And some people shat out answers.
>>
>>25972633
not a future factory, its almost done
>>
>>25972839
I did, probably earlier on in the conversation.
I don't know, just want to make my town stand out a bit. I was gonna ask for the pokemon in the thing anyway, it was an afterthought that they give good defense EVs.
>>
>>25970843
its because its the closest place with an articuno shrine
>>
Can pokestatues have animation?
If so can we fix the fug in the church to have them?
>>
tfw no pokes for the last 20 minutes
>>
Gary, did we ever make a backup for pokemon files every hour?

If not that needs to be done.

Y'all have fun while Uncle Rowan is on stage tonight.
>>
are the poke spawns just fucked right now?
>>
>>25973156
A bit. Gary did something and they got better, they still seem weird though.
>>
>>25973166
yeah, down from seeing a pokemon w/e I turn, to one every few minutes.
>>
>>25972727
such is minecraft

just protect your chests and rebuild what they steal
>>
>>25972727
If someone griefs your stuff, OP can see who it is. Just tell them if your stuff gets majorly griefed; yes, we are all from 4chan, but that doesn't mean we have to be dicks here.
>>
File: image.jpg (624 KB, 1941x1061) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
624 KB, 1941x1061
Clone machine now in Castaway Bay
>>
>>25973405
>castaway bay
You're in Ohio
>>
>>25973405
>taking a picture of the screen
Are you an idiot?
>>
>>25973405
>not knowing how to take a screenshot
What the fuck
>>
>>25973405
Seems like fagaway bay is for literal retards
>>
>>25973446
>ugly houses that are pretty much just squares: the island
No shit
>>
>>25973426
>>25973434
My computer is a potato, it crashes if I try to upload the pic from there.
>>
File: computer.png (178 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
computer.png
178 KB, 500x374
>>25973465
>computer crashes if you try to upload what is at most a 2MB png
How do you even use 4chan?
>>
>>25973505
Not to mention the fact that Pixelmon needs at least 2GB of RAM to even run.
>>
>>25973505
While I'm playing since I've allocated most of my RAM (which I'm doing)...
>>
>>25972932
In theory you can put them into an animation, but it doesn't work right for some Pokemon.
>>
File: 2016-04-16_16.42.05.png (1 MB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-16_16.42.05.png
1 MB, 1360x768
>>25969058
>>25969157
>>25970578
Went over the obvious errors in my "up till 8am" mindset of wanting to get it done and thinking this was okay.
Shaped back up the sides and angles and what have you that when I saw it today wondered if I was just doing it to get it done mindset.
Should I roundish out the top now or keep it as is being a building and all not soo much an igloo anymore besides from being snow made.
>>25970843
I honestly didn't mean it to be that far out when I considered a snow town it just kinda happened.
And honestly there are a thing called teleporting to it if you really want to be in the snow town m8. I-I'm always here for you.
>>
File: 2016-04-16_18.24.51.png (154 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-16_18.24.51.png
154 KB, 854x480
>>25973458
>>25973446
>>25973434
>>25973426
There you go faggots...
>>
File: pagoda.png (178 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
pagoda.png
178 KB, 854x480
Tonight was a very productive night.
Pic related -- my WIP pagoda which I started this afternoon.
>>
>>25973541
Ill ask jerry or rowan when I get on tonight
>>
>>25973405
does anyone even have mew yet
>>
this new server is gr8 m8s
>>
>>25973583
Stop you can't fix it, the damage has been done.
>>
>>25973719
AFAIK, no... But I wanted to have one.

Anyway if anyone catches a Mew, feel free to use the cloning machine.
>>
File: DNoib.png (111 KB, 894x909) Image search: [Google]
DNoib.png
111 KB, 894x909
>>25973582
Could still do with a good deal of rounding off. This guide's been solid for me over the years, give it a shot.
>>
>>25973719
>>25973740
No one has a Mew yet, the spawn rates in the jungle are fucked.
>>
How does cloning work?
>>
>>25973802
To be honest anon it's gonna be a pain in the ass taking down the majority of the structure to make its perimeters to the circle shape due to snowballs being 16 stack for like 16 blocks after getting 4 stacks of snowballs b-but I guess I can try rebuilding..
Also I have the Plotz thing open so it's helping as well.
>>
File: 2016-04-16_19.17.31.png (768 KB, 1920x1017) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-16_19.17.31.png
768 KB, 1920x1017
my klink factory
>>
File: 2016-04-16_19.15.21.png (632 KB, 1920x1001) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-16_19.15.21.png
632 KB, 1920x1001
Spoopy tower.

Baby's first shaders.
>>
File: cancer.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cancer.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Why the fuck is this allowed?
>>
>>25973947
Did someone build those? I really could have used it a little bit ago.

In the jungle there just isn't enough ground space to spawn Pokemon, so putting a platform up there makes Pokemon spawn on them. He's probably farming for a Mew.
>>
>>25973967
They're fucking eyesores. If he was goign to farm mew, he could have made it look nice. They're just big walled boxes on top of trees.
>>
File: 2016-04-16_19.35.47.png (1 MB, 1920x1001) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-16_19.35.47.png
1 MB, 1920x1001
>>25973886
Shot with shaders.
>>
>>25974038
>implying its anywhere near finished
>implying you're not just sperging out because you're autistic as fuck
>>
>>25974074
Implying huge wooden cubes on top of trees will look good whatever you do to them.
>>
has anyone else encountered a situation where their serverlist doesn't load? I tried connected directly to the IP in the OP, but java shits itself and refuses
>>
>>25973947
how did ya get that minimap?
Is it another mod?
>>
>>25974187
Xaeros minimap. You need to add it to the Pixelmon launcer, but the process is fairly user friendly.
>>
>>25974262
thanks desu
>>
>>25973698
looks good,

have you considered using red stained hardened clay?
>>
Anyone else not getting any pokemon spawns at all?
>>
>>25974504
not the only one, it's fucking insane.
>>
pokemon spawning when?
>>
>>25974952
Bitch, if you want Pokemon, go play Tekken.

We comfy houses with TVs and shid here.
>>
Why does this game lagg so much?

I have a decent computer, can run top of the line new games and shit, but I can't make this run smoothly, even on shit settings.

Literally lagging like fuck on the lowest view settings.
>>
>>25975065
how much memory do you have allocated to it? pixelmon in particular is mem heavy, so you need at least 2 gigs, probably more
>>
>>25975065
Stupid question, but people have done it before: Are you running the appropriate version of Java? Had a friend running 32 when he should have had 64. Fixed it, runs like a dream.
>>
Just got back from a performance of Beethoven's 9th.

Pokémon spawning was borked because we not only lowered the number that can spawn, but we lowered the chunks from you they can spawn. If you use Xaero's, you can see this. If Gary doesn't do it before me, I'll set the chunks they can spawn up to 6. Lower than 8, more than the 4 its currently set to. The number that can spawn was raised back to default before I left. Pokémon spawn goes hand in hand with lag.

Just remember in the anime how Pokémon weren't fucking everywhere. Unless you're getting fucked by pidgey or beedrill.

Anyway, see you all in a bit.
>>
>>25975087
Posting from mobile, forgot to tripfag.
>>
>>25975087
>tfw it's now even harder to get bones
Dying wool is suffering
>>
well, how bad is the server now? haven't been on in a bit.... how much should I panic?
>>
File: Wailmer inbreeding day 2.png (234 KB, 855x478) Image search: [Google]
Wailmer inbreeding day 2.png
234 KB, 855x478
Day 2 report of the Wailmer breeding project from Wailmer Labs.

Currently breeding a Wailord (tagged BE) with the daughter (tagged B) he produced with a Wailmer (tagged A) alongside the offspring of BE and B (tagged C and D). Will post regular updates from now on.
>>
File: C and D.png (85 KB, 848x468) Image search: [Google]
C and D.png
85 KB, 848x468
>>25975285
>O-oniichan noticed me
>>
>tfw the fucking enchant table wont give me featherfall IV

I've burned off like 30 books refreshing the enchants
>>
>>25975453
>not combining feather falling books in an anvil to get IV

Stay pleb.
>>
>>25975453
>using books to get an item specific enchant
>>
>>25975484
I'd be able to do that if i wasn't given shit like Smite/Bane of Arthropods/Sharpness every time.

If anybody wants an Aqua Affinity book i have one, too

>>25975509
I didn't want to be stuck with trash like "Projectile Protection" on the running shoes
>>
>>25975087
>make it less fun, like the anime ;^)
>>
>>25975087
The entire reason literally everyone is playing on he server is to play with the pokemon. Taking that way may be an actual sign of brain damage.
>hurr pixelmon is laggy, let's just play vanilla Minecraft instead
Like how the fuck was your first thought "take away Pokemon" and not "take away crayfish"? How fucking retarded are you?
>>
>>25975783
Chill.

We can also build towns and shit on Pixelmon. The mobs are currently causing a problem. Remove the problem for the time being to figure how to fix it. This lets people build whatever they were building in the meanwhile. If it's that big a deal to you, boot up a rom.
>>
>>25975783
The original intention was to lower the number spawning, not completely fuck it to only two or three spawning.

please understand
>>
>>25975861
fucking fix it already
>>
>>25975855
>just play Minecraft instead bro, who needs pokemon?
How many times were you dropped as a kid?
>>
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Take a look at this prospect, friends. Just East of the mesa, across the desert, this intersection of birch and darkwood forests, with hills and mountains, a river, a desert, and even it's own Ghost tower. This is high on my list for places to start a town, and open up a Psychic gym.
>>
>>25975955
Oh, and Teddiursa, Raltz, and all manner of ghost types spawn here.
>>
>>25975916
You are very rude to our volunteers who don't actually need to spend their weekends putting up with your 12-year old-esque behaviour.

>>25975929
If you want to play Pokemon but not Minecraft, go play Pokemon. Stop being a child, and accept that the spawns needed to be reduced to make it playable until a permanent solution is found.
>>
>>25975982
I want to play pokemon and minecraft, it's literally the whole reason I'm here, the wholer eason anyone is here. If you want to just play Minecraft, kindly use your own shitty and flawed logic and just go play it. This server is for the mixture of the two, taking out the pokemon is literally downey tier logic.
>>
>>25975982
you sure suck a lot of dick
>>
>>25975982
How does Gary's ass smell? Since your got you're kissing his balls and excusing him being a fucking inbred idiot about this, I assume you would know.
>>
>>25976000
What a waste of trips. You're being a dick. These people are doing this for free, on their own time, of their own volition, and spending money to do it. You still have your Pokemon, they're just rarer. Stop spewing verbal diarrhea everywhere and either play or leave.
>>
changed the config back.

ill get it on and ensure it
>>
>>25976027
Not everyone actually have pokemon at all, some people are being straight up shafted entirely.
>>25974952
>>25974504
And their doing free against all better judgement, like everyone here myself included has said they would pitch it. "We want to fix the lag first" MONEY FIXES LAG YOU FUCKING CUNTS, LET US GIVE YOU MONEY.
>he cares about post number
Oh, that's why you sound so fucking stupid. You are actually stupid. I get it now.
>>
>>25976061
Hey buddy I think you got the wrong door, the leather club's two blocks down.
>>
>>25976000
The Pokemon spawns are causing issues with playability, sot they've been reduced to make the server playable. If it wasn't done you'd be sitting bitching about the lag instead. At least this leaves one of the two features available to play while a fix is worked out. (Even then, you can still use your pokemon, their still there).

>>25976007
>>25976022
How did you two man-children get out of the creche? I'm not sucking up to him, I think he runs the server okay. Just because Pixelmon is being shit isn't his fault. Some of you ungrateful shits really need to stop being so entitled.
>>
>>25976086
I'd rather play a game with lag than have some fucking ape remove the game from the fucking config. How dense are you that you're still licking his balls over this?
>>
>>25976085
Fuck you.
>>
>>25976086
>the Pokemon were laggy, so we took them out. Enjoy pixelmon!
Do you have any idea how stupid you sound right now?
>>
>>25976125
Different anon here.
He didn't fucking remove Pixelmon or Crayfish, you retard. He just lessened the spawn rate because having the game generate a shitton of entities like Pixelmon does gives the server a fucking huge load.
>>
Here's a thought, I know it might be shocking to at least one person here, because it didn't come down from his lord and master, but here goes.
Let's remove the other mod that nobody cares about, instead of removing literally the entire point of the pixelmon server? Man, I don't know about you guys, but it just seems so obvious! Cut out the extra bullshit BEFORE we cut out the main game! Ha, it's so simple, why couldn't Gary think of it?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.