[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokémon GO has best user retention ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: PokemonGO.png (491 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
PokemonGO.png
491 KB, 1000x500
>A key area is in user retention. Millions of downloads are only part of the battle, as the profitability of any app is dependent on keeping players coming back every day. SurveyMonkey Intelligence has used its data to show that around 7 out of 10 users in the US are coming back to the app the day after they download it. Quoting an unnamed 'experienced mobile games industry executive', they reportedly said "I've never seen anything close to that. Phenomenal."

People actually fell for the "oh, it'll fade soon" meme.
>>
>>27228402

You're claiming victory a bit soon m8.

Talk to us in a month.
>>
>>27228402
7 out 10 is a "phenomenal" rate of retention (in context, people downloading it then just playing it again the next day)? Really? I'd think the average person would give it at least that much time. Do people normally just download, try it for a couple minutes, then immediately delete it and download something else?
>>
You can not fucking judge used retention after less than a fucking month.
>>
Server issues and lack of content make a game wear out quickly for casual players
>>
>>27228444
I was about to judge people for that, but honestly I've done it. Downloaded what I thought was a simple sudoku/solitaire/whatever game on my phone only to find it had DLC and fucking annoying sound effects n shit.
>>
>>27228527
That just seems ridiculous. Ignoring that yeah time hasn't gone past nearly enough to judge this I don't think, I find it absurd that the yard stick to measure this is people playing it the next day after download. I know people lose interest in stuff fast but damn.
>>
>>27228402
>talking about user retention when it hasn't even been 2 weeks since the game was released
Are these people literally retarded
>>
>tfw when you live out in the country
I still have just a Bulbasaur.
I have a feeling that once I get the opportunity to go to the city, the craze will already die out.
I wish I could go hiking in the mountains nearby and catch some Pokemon but there's no signal.
I'm quite disappointed, they should make it so that people go on road trips out in the country for rares, not just walk around Jew York stopping at every hipster coffee shop and catch a Sandshrew for a half price bagel.
I hope they put more features before they start capitalising on it even more.
>>
>>27228583
>people played a game the day they downloaded it

wew
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 750x135) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 750x135
>tfw don't want to join a team yet
>TFW don't want to buy coins
>TFW improvising
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.