[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Super Training cheating? What's fair about letting players
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: st4.jpg (37 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
st4.jpg
37 KB, 400x240
Is Super Training cheating?

What's fair about letting players max out their Pokemon's stats from start of the game?
>>
File: CmSdjUnUEAAaO4_.jpg (84 KB, 753x657) Image search: [Google]
CmSdjUnUEAAaO4_.jpg
84 KB, 753x657
There's nothing wrong with skipping grind
>>
Yes its cheating and anyone caught using it should be stoned to death via Rock Slide

No you fucking mong its not cheating, its a welcomed simplification of a time consuming game mechanic. EV training is now piss easy due to Super Training allowing for fully EV training a pokemon within minutes rather than hours.

>What's fair about letting players max out their Pokemon's stats from start of the game?
You could do this at the start of the game in past gens regardless as long as you were willing to put in the time at the start to EV train.
>>
>>27223318
>Is Super Training cheating?
Oh, no, it begins.

Pokérus is cheating.

Exp. share is cheating.

Multi-hit moves are cheating.

Defeating a Pokémon is cheating.

Catching a Pokémon is cheating.
Playing Pokémon is cheating.
>>
How do I pick what EVs to train?

just go to smogon?
>>
>>27223399
>using super training for anything other than items
Why would you do this to yourself? Put a power item on and do hordes for a full EV'd mon in a couple of minutes. If you don't have access to power items you probably shouldn't be worrying about EVs anyways.
>>
>>27223638

Not unless youre planning to compete in pokemon. The EV spreads on smogon are VERY specific and designed to handle potential threats based on their tier system.

I dont play competitively, just casually with friends, but I always look at bulbapedia to see the pokemons base stats, and then decide what stats I want to contribute EVs to for the role it will serve in my team.
>>
>>27223638
Unless youre playing online they don't matter. Smogon spreads are based upon damage calculations for competitive battling.
>>
There are alot more things in that are "cheaty" than getting extra stats early in the game.

I mean, you could wonder trade a zigzagoon and get a fully roided mon as soon as you get wondertrade
>>
>>27223638
You can tweak Smogon builds too. For example, the reason you usually see 252 dumped into speed is to tie with the same mon. What you can do instead is decide to just outspeed positive natured base 90, for example. Then you invest the exact amount to beat it by 1 at, say, level 50. Or let's say you want your mon to survive a hit from a particular opponent. Just invest the amount in defense needed to take the hit. Vice versa applies.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.