[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else feel less inclined to use a Pokemon if they don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 200x200
Anyone else feel less inclined to use a Pokemon if they don't evolve? I like having something more to look forward to after leveling a Pokemon a lot.
>>
Yeah. I've always felt this way. Only exceptions were Sigilyph and Hawlucha because those designs are too good to pass up.
>>
>>27220778
It's even worse for trade evos that need items. They CAN evolve, but you won't be able to do it until endgame.
>>
>>27220816
Which ones?
>>
>>27220826
Kingdra, Dusknoir and the WHOLE fucking Porygon line.
>>
Yes. Unless it's something already excellent like Hawlucha.
>>
>>27220826
Magmar and Electabuzz, off the top of my head
>>
I used to feel the same way. I even used to pretty much think two-stage 'mons where less powerful than three-stage 'mons.

I ended up using a couple single-stage 'mons and liking them, so that changed my mind.
>>
Watching them level up is less satisfying when they have no future form for you to look forward to.
>>
>>27220895
>I even used to pretty much think two-stage 'mons where less powerful than three-stage 'mons.
That's true though.
>>
>>27220952
Well, I don't think anyone's gonna say Butterfree is stronger than Fearow or Galvantula or whatever.
>>
I always try to use at leasy one, just because. There are plenty of cool, one-off pokemon who deserve a chance to become your bro.

Tauros, Farfetch'd, Dunsparce, Skarmory, Miltank, Solrock, Lunatone, Torkoal, etc etc
>>
>>27220778
Yeah. Same. Part of the game is experiencing evolution. It adds to it when you know you reach a certain stage. Like a reward for progress.

My top favorite mons are mostly 3-stages

I have a few exceptions of course like Gyarados/Milotic.
>>
>>27220826
Every cross gen evo in Diamond and Pearl
>>
>>27221266
Mine too. I also like Pokemon that received two evolutions to make them 3 stagers. Like, the original design of Electabuzz didn't change but I love it much since Elekid and Electivire were released.
>>
Yeah. Only exception are Sableye and Skarmory, and I'd never try to use a stallmon in the main game.

On that note, how come so many stall Pokemon are single stages? Klefki, Sableye, Skarmory, Shuckle...
>>
>>27223721

>I'd never try to use a stallmon in the main game

Unless you're using something ridiculous like Shuckle or Blissey, stallmons are perfectly usable for in-game.
>>
>>27220778
Agreed anon

I'm playing through HG atm and my team is Heracross/Lapras/Typhlosion/Fearow/Ampharos/Nidoking, it's a shame that decent Johto mons just aren't that varied, I always try to use 3 stage evos as much as possible
>>
>>27220778
Two stage evolutions are the patrician choice my dude
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.