[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Open world >No forced story or dialogue to interrupt the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: kanto.gif (37 KB, 309x278) Image search: [Google]
kanto.gif
37 KB, 309x278
>Open world
>No forced story or dialogue to interrupt the gameplay
>Tons of areas with assloads of Pokémon
>Gyms can be taken in almost any order
>Grossly overleveled trainers with 8/10 team composition
>Dat Blue
>Dat revisited E4
>Dat Mt. Silver

Never understood this "Kanto in gen 2 was bad" meme. I think it's the best region in the franchise.
>>
>>27216123
For example?
>>
>>27216123
>tons of areas with assloads of pokemon
>these levels
Level curve was shit, and the fact that strongest wild Pokemon were Mt. Silver's 50 something things, didn't help.

Cerulean Cave had things in 40s (except for Mewtwo of course), a DROP from RBYFRLG.
>>
The level scaling in Gen 2 Kanto was bologna, nobody had over leveled Pokémon. To the point that Blue, the toughest gym leader in Kanto, has only 8 or less levels on Lance.
>>
File: CAN'T WAKE UP.jpg (36 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
CAN'T WAKE UP.jpg
36 KB, 1280x720
>>27216183
>be doing Kanjoh nuzlocke
>beat blue
>mfw grinding for red
>>
>>27216123
I'd say HGSS Kanto was amazing, but GSC Kanto is merely adequate.

Especially since HGSS Kanto has higher levels, and brought back the places that were removed.
>>
>open world
Stop this meme
>>
>>27216261
>grinding in a nuzlocke
cute
>>
>>27216274
>using Lv. 60 something team versus Lv. 80 something team
fuck that pikachu and its light ball.
>>
>>27216146
Aside from Red, it's perfectly possible to beat every other trainer in the game without grinding.
>>
>>27216123
Half of those statements arent even true
>>
>>27216123
>Open world
Name a Pokémon game without open world
>No forced story or dialogue to interrupt the gameplay
There is pretty much no story at all.
>Tons of areas with assloads of Pokémon
You mean all those Pokémon you could get back in Johto ? Or did you mean actual Gen II mons you could only get gorssly underleveled in the fucking postgame?
>Gyms can be taken in almost any order
Can't argue with that. But you could do this in most older Pokémon games. But it only looks viable in GSC Kanto, because everything is a pushover.
Overleveled? Trainers? You mean, like, Blue and Red?
>Dat Blue
What.
>Dat revisited E4
Dat revisited E4 which is completely identical to the first run of E4 ?
>Dat Mt. Silver
Dat mediocre cave enforcing flash on you to gimp your moveset vs Red, with no trainers and only low level/shit Pokémon ? Man, every single Victory Road is better.

I have a strong feeling your first Pokémon game was B/W and you just played HGSS for the first time and you think that the postgames of HGSS and GSC are identical.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.