[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I decided recently that Pokemon Go could go fuck itself, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
I decided recently that Pokemon Go could go fuck itself, and I would play the old classic. I still have a 20 year old copy of Blue, my first generation Game Boy and a Game Boy Color, so as long as I put a fresh battery in the game I'd be fine. I had done the same thing to a Gold version cartridge years ago and it worked, so I thought I could do it again.

I took the old battery out and put in a new one, but now in game I can't save my progress because I can't open the menu. If I press Start, nothing happens. The result is the same in both Game Boys, so I figure it's the game. Any ideas?
>>
try cleaning all the contacts with rubbing alcohol
>>
OP, why not play an emulator?
>>
Emulator or buy a new one. They're still cheap and easy to find, because they made a fucking ton of them.
>>
>>27214506
why are you putting electronics on top of fabrics
>>
>>27214515
I searched for one, but I downloaded two different ones and neither would save games properly. I'm not trying to fix my old cartridge to be hipster and play old tech, I just thought if I fixed it it was a guaranteed way to keep a save file.
>>
>>27214506
Why not buy VC version and get a No Guard Machamp with Fissure in SM?
>>
>>27214537
which emulator did you get?
did you get rom online or you connected your actual rom to the pc?
>>
>>27214575
The emulator is called bgb. I downloaded it after I realised that playing in browser didn't allow you to save.
>>
>>27214608
Never heard of it.
my gbc emulator (even after i realized gba emus also work) is TGB-dual, because it allows trading and split screen playing

you could also try visual boy advance for gba games

or are you trying for mobile emus?
>>
>>27214608
visual boy advanced works perfectly for gba and gbc games with save states and shit dude
>>
>>27214537
This wiki is your friend.
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Game_Boy/Game_Boy_Color_emulators
>>
>>27214608
Get the latest No$GBA (or Virtual Boy Advance, though the original is dated at this point).

As for the cartridge itself, do try >>27214510 (99% isopropyl is best if you can get it - they sell it at pharmacies here in New Zealand but I'm not sure about the US or elsewhere in the world) but if the game was doing that before you tried to change the battery, I'm not sure if it will be something that can be fixed.

If it was after you changed the battery... well, frankly, you should be desoldering the old battery, then soldering a new tabbed battery in place. Tabbed batteries are easy to get on eBay.

The fact that I can see pliers and blades scare me though to be fair, that was how I did my first-ever battery replacement, and whilst I succeeded, it was not particularly well-done, but it worked. It's entirely possible you damaged something in the process of removing the old battery, especially given how tough it is to cut out the old battery.
>>
>>27214506
I know this is from Reddit aka the only website more carcinogenic than 4chan, but this might be able to help you out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/46fxaa/a_solution_to_those_pesky_batteries_in_your_old/
>>
>>27214506
>Going through this much effort to play a dated shitty game available as a flash on fucking browsers.

Wew lad
>>
>>27214574
The fuck is VC?
>>
>>27217284
Virtual Console, the gen 1 games are on 3DS
>>
>>27214506
why didn't you just use a soldering iron??
would be way easier than that method
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.