[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else feeling oddly nostalgic about these games lately?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: DPP-Cover.png (1 MB, 1200x1000) Image search: [Google]
DPP-Cover.png
1 MB, 1200x1000
Anyone else feeling oddly nostalgic about these games lately?
>>
>>27214479
god no I played fucking pearl way too much

if I have to fight fucking bidoofs again I'm gonna shoot myself.

Good town music tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sipBNbbjFjc
>>
>>27214479
It's not surprising, considering how many underage kiddies are on this board.

Gen 4 was by far the worst in the series but nostalgia is a powerful thing.
>>
>>27214766
Lest we forget, those games came out in America in 2007. Any kids between the ages of 9 and 12 then are now between 18 and 21 respectively...I.E. New Nostalgiafags can be nostalgic of the pokemon games of their youth.

Do you feel old yet, cause I do.
>>
>>27214766
Its far better than Gen 5 with pokemon species and cast.
>>
Today I saw a street performer dance to the game music, when the Eterna city theme went on I whistled...
>>
>>27214766
Speak for yourself, faggot. Nostalgia doesn't have to mean you were a child when they came out. They're reasonably old at this point. I personally love them. Call them the worst all you want, but your "opinion" is shit.
>>
>>27214766
>Gen 4 was by far the worst in the series

Gen 4 isn't Black/White
>>
I'd be considered a genwunner if it weren't for Platinum.
>>
>>27214838
Im 21 right now, and desu pearl almost single handedly killed my interest in pokemon.
>>
>>27214479
I felt nostalgic as soon as I played BW.
>>
I feel nostalgic about BW already, it was the last year of high school and a bunch of seniors were playing it. Good times.
>>
File: 57392568_p0.png (241 KB, 714x1013) Image search: [Google]
57392568_p0.png
241 KB, 714x1013
You know what I remember fondly?
>>
>>27214479
Not really, I bought a loose copy of Platinum some time ago and I'm playing it for the first time.

Gen 2 is what gets me nostalgic. Ain't it a bit too early to get nostalgic for games from 2007?
>>
Platinum yes

But diamond and pearl can go die in a greasefire
>>
>>27214479
I actually replayed through Pearl a couple days ago. Platinum was my first pokemon game (ultra religious parents didn't take too kindly to evolution, so I only got into the series in my adolescence)

It's just as slow and annoying as I remember it, but I still love some of the characters and pokemon that appear in it.

Strangely enough, I actually felt bad for Cyrus at the end of the game. I don't know why, seeing as he's just an emotionless idiot who nearly destroyed the world. Maybe now that I'm older, I can understand some of what he was saying.
>>
>>27214479

I went back and played through Pearl again recently. Sinnoh is still my favorite region.
>>
Hell yeah, fucking love Platinum.
Favorite Pokemon game of all time, man. Legendaries could control fucking time and space. That shit is hardcore.
Plus it had the Frontier in it. Also loved the starters. Empoleon, Infernape and Torterra were all fantastic.
>>
i already feel nostalgic about X and Y
>>
>>27214838
nigga the games came out when i was 18 and i fucking love generation 4
>>
Gen 4 saved Pokemon after what RSE did to the series
>>
The music was good but nothing about it was nostalgic even after I skipped gen V VI
>>
>>27214766
I (personal opinion here) dislike most of gen 4's roster. Diamond and Pearl faced severe challenges in loading and save times that almost broke the game for me. I almost stopped playing at that point. HGSS single handedly saved the entire franchise by fixing everything that was wrong in DP's system. Platinum was alright but the distortion world was too short.

Overall just the worst games in the series for me, but they are still good since they are Pokemon.
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 230x219) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 230x219
>>27217713
Underrsted fact
>>
>>27217364
Man I loved Piplup, too
>>
>>27214766
>Gen 4 was by far the worst in the series
>>Platinum
>>HGSS
Wait, what?
>>
>>27214766
>Gen 4 was by far the worst in the series but nostalgia is a powerful thing.

Sinnoh as a region might be the pits but Pokemon kinda repeaked with Gen 4
>>
>>27214479
Well it's been almost 10 years...
>>
I don't miss DPPt because the Ohmura artstyle makes them 'too recent'.
>>
I feel like buying Platinum since I technically never played it.
>>
>>27214479
I still play it today out of enjoyment, I started with RSE and FRLG but something about the atmosphere drew me to Sinnoh more
>>
>>27217713
But RSE was so much better than DPP.
>>
File: 812.jpg (34 KB, 293x420) Image search: [Google]
812.jpg
34 KB, 293x420
>>27214479
I don't blame you. They're turning ten this year.
>>
>>27217713
I'm just really glad for the Special/Physical split. It felt that that generation was geared towards adding up to the old stuff, with so many new evos and babies for old mons.
>>
>>27217364
Piplup was my brooooo.

You know, the Sinnoh starters weren't all that bad looking back now.
>>
File: nf.png (91 KB, 290x200) Image search: [Google]
nf.png
91 KB, 290x200
>>27217713
How contrarian.
Without 3rd gen, there would be no 4th gen.
Be grateful we got the best games, so we could progress to the actually best games in 5th gen.
>>
>>27214479

Maybe not lately, but I always do feel a tinge of nostalgia whenever I reminisce about gen 4. I loved the pokemon games as a kid, but I skipped out on Gen 3 and then returned to gen 4 sometime in high school. It was so much different going into the games and not being a stupid kid. I remember learning about EV's and IV's and getting excited when I could visibly see the fruits of my EV training (gaining a ton to one stat in a single level because of EV training). I also remember loving the physical/special split. I remember looking at my moves and seeing the icon at the bottom and thinking "OH this makes so much more sense!"

I personally feel like in terms of the games, at least, gen 4 was very big turning point for the series.
>>
>>27219751

I played the shit out of all the Gens before DPPt, but yeah Gen 4 is really the first point where I started taking training and competitive battling more seriously with my pokemon.
>>
Gen 4 had great music. I loved the atmosphere it had. Felt like you we're in ancient and mystical places. Really we're able to build the setting well.

Plus the rival there was the best kind. He's a competitive asshole, but he isn't a bad dude.
>>
>>27214916
Gen 4 has the worst pokémon designs on the entire franchise. Most of the better looking pokémon are barely decent.
>>
I got Pearl when I was six...teen.
>>
Do you retain event items if you restart your game?
>>
>>27218456
>repeaked with Gen 4
By hitting all time lows quality and content wise? Reminder that DPPt were the first games to remove content that wasn't a gimmick and severely downgrade older features.
>>
>>27220013
>first games to remove content that wasn't a gimmick and severely downgrade older features.

Elaborate

I do know that DPPT made pokemon somewhat acceptable again, tons of pokemon benefitting from the split that ushered the golden age of battling and wifi broadened the community from the playgrounds to around the world
>>
What's the best pokemon game? I kinda want to start new HG/SS save and breed OP IV pokes etc.
>>
I just bought Platinum after losing Diamond years ago yesterday
>>
Platinum was the last Pokemon game I've played.
I don't even want to play it because the intro is so boring.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.