[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Asthetic Details you love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Mahogany_Town_HGSS.png (67 KB, 567x412) Image search: [Google]
Mahogany_Town_HGSS.png
67 KB, 567x412
Now that every region has been rendered in 3D, they're all pretty comparable in terms od overworlds. Post any details in Pokemon overworld locations that you really love.

For me, It's the Watchtowers in Mahogany Town. The fact that it used to be a Ninja Town with a hideout and everything makes me wonder about what this place was like in the past.
>>
>>
>>27203410

I loved the treehouses in Fortree City in RSE when I was younger. That whole section of rugged wilderness hiking up a river to the town is really memorable to me, partly because it FELT like a hike, being so long. Made the city itself feel like it was in the ass end of nowhere.
>>
File: 300px-Virbank_City_Spring_B2W2.png (75 KB, 300x162) Image search: [Google]
300px-Virbank_City_Spring_B2W2.png
75 KB, 300x162
>>
I like how Unova has trucks and vans parked everywhere. Makes it feel a lot more metropolitan
>>
Crossing any given bridge in Unova is always amazing. Especially with those Gen 5 camera angles.

Makes me appreciate when Gamefreak puts details into the little things.
>>
>>27203469
That is indeed one of the best aesthetic moments in the series. Seeing the sky or stars always gets me.

>>27203529
Also this. And a lot more roads to compensate. Made the place feel more urban. On that note, like how most towns in HGSS Kanto have paved roads to help increase that region's urban feel that is really lacking from FRLG.

Really liked the old train tracks in Nacrene too. Looks like Alola will have the same.
>>
>>27203554
You can tell they put a lot of effort into the Unova bridges because each one is a completely different experience.
>>
File: latest.png (36 KB, 638x314) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
36 KB, 638x314
I thought the solar panel walkways in Sunyshore City were really cool.
>>
>>27203498
This but also the other side, where >>27203469 is located. When i was a kid I always used to run as fast as I could to the safari zone and back so I could get a Pikachu to evolve and help beat Wynona, I have a lot of fond memories of that puddle-y area.
>>
>>27203778

Oh yeah that place was great too. I loved the weather effects in RSE.
>>
>>27203758
I liked the idea, but wouldnt it be way too hot to double as a walk way? Ive always wondered that

>>27203498
I kind of hate that Mauville to to Fortree route, but I do appreciate the feeling of real hiking it does leave you with. And Gamefreak actually putting a city in the trees was a great idea.
>>
>>27203808

It's a fucking slog of a route, but that's part of what made it really memorable to me.
>>
>>27203410
Not the Sevii Islands. And those would have my favorite overworld.
>>
>>27203862
Damn, you have a point. And yeah, I'd love to see stuff like the Berry Forest in 3D. It's still the best tropical region we have
>>
>>27203410
>>
>>27203507
What about it specifically?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.