[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, /vp/, how would you rank the seasons in the Pokemon anime?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 600x300
So, /vp/, how would you rank the seasons in the Pokemon anime? I'm interested to see how you'd rate them.
>>
XY > AG > DP > OS > GS > BW
>>
XY=DP>AG>OS>GS>Literal Dog Shit>BW
>>
DP > BF = XY > AG > OI > OS > GS >>>>>>>>> BW
>>
>>27203304

XY&XYZ rest is fucking shit
>>
>>27203304
XY > DP > AG (Battle Frontier included) > OS > GS > BW
>>
DP>XY=BF>OS>AG>GS=OI>BW

the only thing savng AG is may desu
>>
I think we can all agree that XY is the best yet and BW was the worst
>>
So, I've always dabbled in the anime here and there, but never really FOLLOWED it per say. I'd like to watch through it all, but that's like one piece/detective conan levels of playing catch up. Is there a decent abridged series anywhere? Or should I just start from square one?
>>
>>27203669
>we can all agree
>xy
fuck no
>>
Origins >
>>
DP > XY >> Kanto > AG/BF >> BW > Orange >>>> Johto
>>
>>27203669

and eureka/yurika

is the world champion xD let's fucking look at her team;

dedenee
tyrantum
perfect zygarde [probably x2 or x3] xDDDDDDDDD
[no hate me for ex de, just can't express this moment better]
>>
>>27203669

No. XY is good, but DP was better. BW was bad, but at least it tried, unlike the three years of filler that was Johto.
>>
>>27203675
You know it's true anon, don't be silly
>>
>>27203711

why exactly dp is better than xy? I didn't noticed... even satoshi team were shit and joke and hikari was annoying mess fillers were much worse the whole series was fucking boring to watch... only league was good
>>
>>27203669
XY might have better animation, but I honestly prefer DP and BF to it. BW is definitely the worst though, at least Johto was mildly comfy.
>>
XY is soon to be the series where Ash finally wins the league so it'll inevitably overshadow every previous one.
>>
>>27203724
go shill your xy shit on your general, nodoby outside that shithole likes it
>>
XY seems to have the superior writing, animation, and storyline. All the other seasons are low budget trash.
>>
>>27203831

why do you mean? dude... XY finally went on the level of serious shonen anime and got amazing battles, if they continue, then next seasons may be even more mature and better, you saw volcanion movie? it's epic like never before
>>
>>27203903
Okay I get you're trying to defend your series i like it too but using words like "epic" and "mature" is definitely not helping your case
>>
DP>XY>BF>>AG>>JL>>KL>>>BW

DP just barely edges out XY due to the latter accumulating a bunch of flaws over the course of its run such as Ash's terrible team synergy, Ash-Greninja spam, the shoehorned Squishy plot (making Bonnie an obnoxious walking ending song advertisement), lack of tension for much of the season, lack of connection to older seasons (particularly when it comes to music), and Serena's looks being neutered.
>>
>>27203683
>Origins is better than nothing
>>
>>27203903

Are you trying to convince me to dislike XY? Because I think it's working.
>>
Oh, surely season 19 is the best season
Orange Islands best I guess
>>
>>27203966

then go dislike why I have to fucking care?! I'm defending this series because pokemon anime was S-H-I-T for like 15 years
>>
>>27203903
Nice falseflagging
>>
I'm on episode 57 of DP.

Should I keep going or switch to XY?
Only enjoyable thing about it so far is Paul.
>>
>>27204035
Jesus christ, /vp/ really is full of easily triggered retards now.
>>
>>27204085
Eh, keep going. It might not be your cup of tea, and it's totally your call in a few episodes, but people claim it's one of the better seasons for many reasons.

If not, XY is great, too. BW just kinda tries but can't.
>>
>>27203304
XY > DP > OS > AG >>>>>> BW
>>
>>27203304
XY>kanto>BF>DP>AG>johto>>>>>>BW
>>
>>27204101
>now
I don't particularly remember it being better in the past three or so years.
>>
>>27204101

you want serious discussion and you trying to trigger someone? well, then go fuck yourself
>>
>>27204181
Kill yourself, you're the one getting upset that not everyone is in on your circlejerk of XY being the best. Everybody agrees it's at least decent to begin with anyway.

>>27204085
Go on for a bit longer I'd say, if you really can't stand it, switch. Honestly, I find marathoning the seasons more fun when I'm hatching eggs or doing some casual free battles.
>>
Why does everyone hate BW? So bad? Is that the one with the pokemon that transformed into everyone and laughed like a retard afterwards? And that lame green hair guy?
>>
>>27203304
DP > BF > Orange Islands > OS > Narutoad > ADV > Johto > BW
>>
>>27204085

The first season of DP was pretty dull, but it really picked up after that. You're probably close to the point where it begins improving. Keep at it a while longer and see how you feel then.
>>
DP>BF>GS>OS>AG>OI>>>XY>>>>>>>>>BW
>>
Personnally enjoyed them all, except Unova which I consider just o.k. DP>OS>AG>XY>BW Mostly based on nostalgia
>>
>>27203304
DP=XY>AG>OS>GS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BW
>>
>>27203304
DP>S1 BW>XY>AG>OS>GS>rest of BW
>>
Why was BW so bad?
Also, I know that team rocket turned into serious bad guys somewhere in there but didn't appear for multiple episodes at a time, anyone got an episode that perfectly showcases them being competent villains? Just curious to see it
>>
>>27204473
Ash in AG started to get super competent. Like, being a decent trainer instead of some fucking retard.
In BF (Battle Frontier), Ash ends up improving even more and ends up winning the Battle Frontier and is offered the chance to become a Frontier Brain. He passes on this and goes to Sinnoh.
In DP, Ash is even more competent. He's creating strategies with his pokemon and their moves, he's facing off on tough trainers, his rival is basically the foil of Ash in that Ash is all about training your pokes because they're friends and the foil is about strength over everything. Culminates in arguably THE best battle of the entire series. That battle is followed up with Ash losing to a trainer who was steamrolling the entire league with a Darkrai that OHKO'd everything. Though Ash lost, he not only defeated the Darkrai, something no one came close to doing in the entire league, but he then managed to KO (albeit a tie since Pikachu got KO'd too) the dude's second pokemon, a fucking Latios.

Now enter BW. Ash is on the upswing as the most competent he's ever been. He has the skills that kill, the experience of past regions, and in his first battle with Pikachu, he fucking loses to a new trainer with a freshly obtained Snivy. Then, everywhere Ash goes he comes across as a retard, who seemingly goes out of his way to forget type disadvantages and immunities and any kind of battle strategy whatsoever. Pikachu v Excadrill happens like 4 times in the season. His companions are mixed. Iris is nails-on-a-chalkboard annoying and the whole "such a kid" meme is a slap in the face after the greatness of BF and DP. Combine this with an abandoned Team Plasma arc, TR flipflopping from serious to jokes and shitty, to having a serious arc with the Genies, the rivals being utter horseshit, Ash's pokemon receiving barebones development aside from Pignite, Shadeskrok, Oshawott when it couldn't open its eyes underwater, and Pikachu learning Electro Ball over its signature Volt Tackle.
>>
>>27203304
I just wanted to point one thing - BW Anime has some great Pokemon focused episodes. Rest is sadly shit
>>
>>27203903
>shonen
>mature
Pokemon is kodomo anime. It doesn't need to be shonen and/or mature. XY tries too hard sometimes.
>>
>>27205503
>>27204473
>>27205565
Continuing...

Ash caught a great deal of pokemon and this further worsened the development of his team. Very few of them evolved, and ironically the regional bird was so misused that it was permaboxed for Charizard towards the later part of the season. The League was an abortion where Ash lost to a kid that: A.) Thought the league was in Johto, B.) Only had 5 pokemon C.) Was a retard D.) Somehow had a Hydreigon E.) Had deus ex Riolu evolve into Lucario and F.) Ended up losing to a guy with an Eeveelution team.

Cilan was alright, but he could get tiresome with his constant schtick. Iris was fucking horrible though. Her initial goal was to evolve Axew, but that was quickly abandoned because people liked seeing that fucking thing in her hair. So then she wanted to be a dragon type master. So they gave her an Excadrill and had her capture an Emolga, because fucking why not. They realized half-way through their error so they had her capture a fucking mary sue Dragonite and then made it super OP and be edgy as fuck. The best moment of the series is actually when Ash's Krokorok evolves to defeat that thing. Not even joking.

It was just so fucking terrible.
>>
never watched the anime except for the original all the way up to johto(or orange)
what's so good about xy/dp? and what's so bad about bw?
>>
>>27205701
What episode was the Krookodile/Dragonite battle? I didn't bother with BW.

>>27205730
Read above.
>>
>>27205701
>not Charizard completely shitstomping Dragonite

Do people consider BF seperate from AG, or OI seperate from OS? Because those were pretty great/comfy respectively.
>>
>>27205780
That was the second best episode. Third best was the Ash vs Stefan episode because it was a good battle but it also showed that Ash EV trained his Leavanny for speed.

I consider BF part of AG since it's before DP.

>>27205761
It was World Junior Championships. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN_aOfLErtU
>>
>>27203304
XY > DP > AG > OS > GS > OL > BW
>>
>>27205780
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbySeEFODRM

If N doesn't stop it, it's best episode of the season. Bonus points for Iris being put into her place with that "We'll see about that" comment and then her thinking Charizard isn't a dragon type.
>>
>>27203304
XY > BW
team rocket being actual villians needs to return.
>>
>>27205841
>Piplup

Holy shit did Dawn never evolve that thing?What the hell.
>>
>>27203304
OS > GS > DP > AG > XY > BW

I'll sound like a nostalgiafag, which I'm not. I definitivly find OS/GS way better than the rest as a kid show. The fillers are enjoyable and memorable for the most part and the characters interactions are way better than in the others series for me.

DP is the best one "Battle wise"

AG has its moment but it's not my favorite.

XY is too Naruto/Robot-heavy for me and I don't like the fillers that much. Still have fun parts.

BW is shit.
>>
>>27205936
She gave it an everstone
>>
>>27205948
You're Nostalgiafag alright
>>
>>27205948
>say he isn't a nostalgiafag
>nostalgiafagging
>>
>>27205969
No, my in-game tastes are way different and 1G/2G aren't my favorite games at all.
>>
>>27203304
OS > XY > DP > the rest
>>
>>27205993
Why is liking OS and OL nostalgiafagging ? I never said they were the only good ones. Just my favorites.
DP is awesome as well for me.
>>
>>27205948
>fillers are enjoyable and memorable
>not nostalgiafagging
>>
>>27206025
Doesn't mean you aren't a nostalgiafag.
>>
>>27203304
In terms of writing and plot development: OS>XY>DP>AG>>>>>>>>BW

Overall:
XY>DP>OS>AG>>>>>>>>>BW
>>
>>27206345
>OS
>development
>plot
>>
>>27206395
brock almost fucked a ninetails once in the OS I think, that was good plot
>>
>>27204085
The very beginning of DP is very good, what don't you like about it?

DP gets dull around the 7th to 8th Gym gap but otherwise it was a well done saga.
>>
At what point in the anime does the plot become important? I watched season 1 and episodes seen very one-off if you know what I mean. I really like anime but only if it has a developing story that moulds the entire series.

I'll continue watching if it does but I would like to know when it gets more like that
>>
>>27206977
seem very one-off*
>>
>>27206977
DP and XY are more plot driven than the other series.

But even then there are important events that happen all throughout the OS and AG that affect the series.
>>
>>27206977
season 1?
You mean OS?
Never.
>>
XY>DP>BW>OS=AG
>>
So has anyone watched the entire anime? I figure most of you just skip to the good parts.
>>
>>27207059
I've seen every episode of the anime besides some parts of BW. The reason for that is I was a kid/teen when the earlier seasons were originally airing so I saw every episode when they aired.

I even sat through all of Johto, all of AG and all of DP's filler episodes at least once.
>>
GOD TIER:
Master Quest, Advanced Battle

GREAT TIER:
Kanto, rest of Hoenn, some of DP, XY

GOOD TIER:
Orange Islands

BORING TIER:
Rest of Johto, most of DP

IRREDEEMABLE SHIT TIER:
BW
>>
DP>XY>the others that dont deserve to be named
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.