[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gen 5 >Highly regarded installment with the deepest story
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 13
File: maxresdefault.jpg (361 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
361 KB, 1920x1080
Gen 5

>Highly regarded installment with the deepest story and most interesting characters to date
>Direct sequel which surpasses the original in almost every way and lets you fight every gym leader, E4 and champion in the whole franchise

Gen 6

>Well
>uh
>It's 3D
>Not outside of battles tho
>Goodbye framerate
>Also the remake which proves FireRed and HeartGold were flukes

Thank god it's over. Share your honest opinions on the hell we've been forced to endure.
>>
Honest opinion?
I don't give a shit what you think. I've enjoyed playing Gen VI and there's nothing you can do to stop me.
>>
I enjoyed all the games except for DPP. They were awful.
>>
>thank god it's over
Why do people want gen 6 to be bad forever?
Mostly just Egomericans, I have to assume.
Good for you, you wanting 7th gen to be literally a one hit wonder and leave 6th gen to rot as one of the most disappointing generations ever. I hope you're fucking happy, self entitled memes.
>>
>>27203001
>mediocre gen
>biggest problem was just a laughably easy main game
>OH NO WHAT A HELL WE MUST ENDURE
>HOWEVER SHALL WE SURVIVE

Also why does everyone hate ORAS here? Yeah HGSS had more content but I enjoyed them well enough and got a chance to pick up some legendaries that I missed out on in previous gens.
>>
>this same image
>this same filename
>>
Honest opinion eh?

I had more fun with it than Gen 5.
>>
>>27203073
You misunderstand. I wanted it to be good. I bought a handheld for it. But it sucked and everyone but you seems to realize this.
>>
gen V & VI had mostly shitmons, so I skipped both.
>>
>>27203050

Literally the only things I disliked about vanilla Diamond and Pearl were the unbalanced pokedex and the sheer number of HMs needed to move around the overworld.
>>
>>27203110
No, of course I have realized it.
It's literally just GF saying "LMOPA NO" and classify Platinum as 5th gen. Yeah real nice leaving 4th gen as the worst gen there, when Platinum was the savior of 4th gen of course excluding an actually good remake
>>
File: image.gif (264 KB, 148x111) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
264 KB, 148x111
>>27203001
>this thread again
>>
>>27203147
And the best spinoff. 4th gen was arguably the best gen.
>>
>>27203171
Yeah. If it were faster, Platinum would be objectively the best.
>>
>>27203171
D/P were criticized for being slow with pretty bad pacing.
How fun would it be if you genuinely enjoyed Sinnoh, but Platinum introduced new shit and was like "hahah im gen 5" and ruined the chance of Sinnoh being great? Not very, I'd assume.
>>
Even with all it's flaws I still love Gen VI
>>
>>27203230
Clearly I was referring to the greatest duology.
>>
>>27203276
Pic unrelated, I assume?
>>
>>27203276
"of course excluding an actually good remake"
>>
>>27203276
Still slow.
Still has retarded levels.
>>
>>27203276
>shitmons and inconsistent level curves: the experience
no
>>
>>27203001
>>Also the remake which proves FireRed and HeartGold were flukes

yeah because HGSS and FRLG are just sooooo perfect.
>>
File: xy bw2 metascores.png (109 KB, 752x254) Image search: [Google]
xy bw2 metascores.png
109 KB, 752x254
>>27203001
Yup, it's another "Contrarian /vp/ has to disagree with general opinion" thread. The truth is that Gen VI was very well received literally everywhere outside of /vp/.
>>
>>27203001
>Goodbye framerate
How is the framerate in ORAS? Is it improved from XY?
>>
>>27203570
No, but a patch Apache Thunder made or A9LH'd Luma3DS enables N3DS speeds for it. Still drops frames very badly with 3D on.
>>
>>27203084
The biggest problem was more the nonexistence of an endgame. We just had Maison and Maison again. And some extra missions tacked on.

The main game wasn't that laughably easy. The 3 Pokemon per gym thing was dumb, but you could at least turn off the EXP share and the region wasn't terrible to go through

Compared to some of the other regions, like slow mud and snow Sinnoh, Water everywhere Hoenn, and straight line Unova, Kalos was one of the better region designs. It was more of a shame that everything after the 3rd gym seemed unfinished and rushed while the plot made no sense because it was probably setting up a third version that we never got. Like how D/P were terrible, and would likely be the worst in the series if Platinum never came out.
>>
>>27203646
>Water everywhere Hoenn

when will this meme end

you don't get to the water parts until after the sixth gym, basically 3/4ths of the way through the game. you don't even get the surf HM until after beating the fifth gym. and ORAS reduced the amount of water and also made it easier to tell where you were by putting the map on the bottom screen.

Kalos was fantastic from gym 1 to gym 2, but after that it goes to shit and it feels like you speed through every other gym. if the whole game had kept the pacing it had between the first two gyms, it would have been great.
>>
>>27203001
>Highly regarded installment with the deepest story and most interesting characters to date

Lmao, maybe on /vp/
The mainstream view is that it's the worst gen and that the designs are shit
>>
>>27203646
>The 3 Pokemon per gym thing was dumb,
Confirmed for not playing ORAS
>>
>>27203693
The problem was how long it takes from the 6th gym to the Elite 4 compared to the start of the game to the 5th gym. It's just like the reverse of Kalos's problem. You can burn all the way through Dewford in like 20 minutes of starting the game if you don't grind/look for specific Pokemon and just play across.
The problem is with water routes being a perpetual cave, so you feel like you're in it longer, compared to a route where you can walk the path with no grass at least. Plus there was barely any difference between like, route 117 and 118. It was just more water. Compare that to going from the grass to the forest, or even the big open route with Ralts on it to the route right before the whismur cave.

The especially bad part of the water was the lack of Pokemon variety. Despite all the new water types, you only found Pelliper and Tentacool if you weren't diving. And you didn't get dive until you were halfway done being in the water.

There would probably be a fuckton less complaints about water routes if the water routes were actually well done. There were like 4 caves in Gen 5, but they were all varied and different, and people complain about the caves in Gen 4 because they're all practically the same despite only having Mr. Coronet and like one other cave near the beginning.

>>27203739
>the biggest problem with XY was this
>>confirmed for not playing ORAS
Nigga, come on.
>>
>>27203693
Kalos was great up until after Korrina's gym.
>>
>>27203847

I fucking HATE the whole thing where they force you to battle Lucario.

I also hate when you are forced to do all that shit in the rich guy's mansion excluding fireworks with Shauna, that was cute.

And I hate when you are forced to pick a Kanto starter as soon as you arrive at Lumiose City. I hate the city in general, the rollerblade controls are awful there.

The last time I attempted a playthrough of Y version, I just fucking dropped it once I got to the desert route. You can bitch about Hoenn's water routes all you want but at least repels work there. Fuck the Kalos desert route.

Oh, and one more thing, fuck the section where you have to ride that Rhyhorn. God Kalos really sucked.

I mean maybe some of it is nostalgia but I will play ORAS any day over XY. There's something about Hoenn that I just really love. It's music is especially good, it doesn't have a dozen rivals stopping you on every route...
>>
File: 1460607005837.png (439 KB, 529x590) Image search: [Google]
1460607005837.png
439 KB, 529x590
>>27203084
The problem itself isn't just "sure it had more content".

That "extra" content HG/SS had wasn't that much, but it was VERY important content, since its what it made you play long, long, after you beat the game. This is why XY/ORAS is so hated.

Sure, the rest of the game is pretty similar to other gens, but you literally only keep playing post-game because of the online and because it's the newest gen so far.

As soon as sun/moon become the standart, these games will be fucking buried in the deepest of grounds and never be heard of again.
>>
>>27204027
>the game devs are itching to get over XY and ORAS

This makes me sad for some reason.
>>
>>27203945
This. I recently finished a Y playthrough and I was surprised by how much I hated it. I didn't remember Kalos being that bad the first time, but all the flaws are really impossible to ignore the second time.
Route 13 is the worst thing ever put in Pokemon
>>
File: 01.png (314 KB, 523x536) Image search: [Google]
01.png
314 KB, 523x536
>Try to play X
>It's way too easy and there are too few Pokemon

>Try to play Eternal X
>It's too tedious and it's impossible to get the Pokemon you want

When did I get so picky and how do I undo it
>>
>>27203047
>This
>>
>>27204146
I never understood this Route 13 meme. You just go to the left to where the Flare grunt is, kick his ass, go to the Power Plant, and then go south once you've finished up. It's honestly a forgettable route, and I don't understand why it's so hated.
>>
>>27204206
Arena Trap, mostly
>>
>>27203001
you know what is the best feature that gen 6 offers? The accessibility of ev training and iv breeding. It is awesome how fast you can train them or get better IV's that is the reason why it makes more fun with battle maison. I would love to battle in PWT, but I don't want to breed 5 hours and do Ev Training another 5 hours.
>>
File: weezing.png (81 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
weezing.png
81 KB, 600x500
>>27203486
>The truth is that Gen VI was very well received literally everywhere outside of /vp/
Yeah, very well received that even its creators dropped it in favor of next gen. Enjoy your shit gen, kaloshits
>>
I dropped Gen 5 cause I hated the designs.

I need to go back and play it, I'm missing out, but playing ORAS atm
>>
>>27203001
gen 5 was awful to play through and gen 6 was only slightly better

gen 3 was the end
>>
>tfw I'm the only one who LOVED Gen 4

It was fun... Wi-Fi trading, underground mini games, good pokemon.
>>
>>27204747

I love gen 4, Platinum and Emerald are pretty much tied as my favorites.

I understand why a lot of people don't like them, but for me the good stuff massively outweighs the flaws.
>>
>>27204699

breaking news: crusty faggot shares his unpopular opinion
>>
File: 1465104550023.gif (2 MB, 244x194) Image search: [Google]
1465104550023.gif
2 MB, 244x194
>>27204769
is it invalid though?
>>
Question for people in this thread. I haven't played pokemon in awhile but want to get back into it. Where should I start, omega/alpha, X/Y or wait for the new one and start there?
>>
File: 1434160769135.jpg (73 KB, 519x533) Image search: [Google]
1434160769135.jpg
73 KB, 519x533
>>27203001
>Gen 7 killed Gen 6 early
I thank Masuda every day for this blessing. All I hope for Kalos is that the Zygarde garbage is an event and not a postgame sidequest
>>
>>27204801
Hello, Egomerican.
I hope low taxes serve you well in your life.
>>
>>27204547
It has nothing to do with the reception and everything to do with the 20th anniversary
SM developpement started before XY was even out
>>
File: 1440286895244.gif (2 MB, 390x219) Image search: [Google]
1440286895244.gif
2 MB, 390x219
>>27204818
Is this the new "Alt-Right"? I don't keep up with the memes these days.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 250x250
>>27203001
X and Y were trash but I liked ORAS. Best part of gen 6 was the much more streamlined online.
>>
>>27204747
Yeah.
You are the only person that likes Platinum and Heart Gold / Soul Silver on this entire board
>>
>>27204927
I like Pearl.
>>
>>27203486

There are many reasons why that's inaccurate now.

>more people played and reviewed X/Y because it was the first Pokemon game on 3DS
>first Pokemon game in 3D
>first Pokemon game with 3D battles
>first Pokemon game to offer a soundtrack outside of restricted sound fonts
>lots of nostalgia pandering

It was only after OR/AS that the ''OOH POKEMON IN 3D'' novelty wore off and people began to realize the game was weak. I know a lot of people that were disappointed by X/Y, and the only people who really loved Gen 6 are primarily people who skipped Gen 5.
>>
>>27204857
No, basically WANTING things to stay bad is the absolute worst mentality. Only Memericans seem to think this way because of their egoistical tendencies.
>>
File: 1368962729355.jpg (96 KB, 724x720) Image search: [Google]
1368962729355.jpg
96 KB, 724x720
>>27205039
So you'd rather buy the same game twice or possibly even the third time just on the basis it might be fixed?
>>
>>27205116
You're taking things the wrong way.
In case shit does go wrong, yes I do buy the third versions. Sequels are obligatory, of course.
Why? Because I got money and I am not a memegostic fuck who wants things I dislike to be bad or stay bad. I don't give everything a second change, but it's something that developers should utilize. Just look at the most recent example of such; Evolve.
>>
>>27203001
>>
File: fuck cats.jpg (37 KB, 511x341) Image search: [Google]
fuck cats.jpg
37 KB, 511x341
>>27206339 (OP) (You)
>>
>>27203001
>hey I can get away shitposting on /vp/ daily to keep distracting me of my crippling autism!
>hmm I hate pokemon but they talk about those gens.. genwars! That's it!

Is this what went through OP/corrupt-chan, before her daily attempts at genwar replaced what she was doing before? Is that why she forces genwars and fake board culture that anyone around from before 2014 knows are bullshit she samefags on the spot? That's quite sad, and she's too deluded to ever realize she's not really getting attention eh.
>>
>>27208979
Thanks for not bumbing
>>
>>27208979
It's funny really. OP admitted once to have never played pokemon, yet the tard will research bulbapedo for every single factoid and use it for the sole reason of shitposting. Troid being in charge of this board is really the only reason this autism is kept around, even swaggy-chan tantrums at /tv/ were never this pathetic nor needed "research" in order to shitpost, meaning it's not done for fun, but for an autistic compulsion of never stopping.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.