[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be honest with me /vp/ Are you even old enough to remember red
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 21
File: red-blue.jpg (89 KB, 468x235) Image search: [Google]
red-blue.jpg
89 KB, 468x235
Be honest with me /vp/
Are you even old enough to remember red and blue?
>>
>>27198149
Nope, desu my generation as a kind was Ruby and Sapphire.
Haven't tried the revamp versions yet.
>>
>>27198149
Yea ffs.
>>
>>27198149
Yes, born in 1990, eight when it came out.
Pokémon Blue was my very first video game.
>>
>>27198149
My time was the very end of red and blue but mostly gold and silver
>>
>>27198149
No, my first game was Gen III. Genwunners are the cancer killing /vp/ by the way, they're wrong about everything.
t. /vp/
>>
>>27198149
Yes. My first game was red and I sunk hundreds of hours in to it.
>>
>>27198149
Yes
I remember wanting to buy both but the saleswoman said no, one is enough
So I only bought Red_
>>
First game was Pokemon silver on my brother's gameboy
>>
>>27198194
This was on Tuesday, by the way
but I must say, I like Pokémon GO more :))
>>
>>27198183
>someone too young to remember gen 1 - literally perma underage
>thinks genwunners are more cancerous than him
>>
Yes. My dad got himself red and me blue so we could both catch em all, I was like 8 or 9 at the time. We just went on a walk last night and played pokemon go together as he now lives with me and the wife since he is disabled.
>>
>>27198183
>Genwunners are the cancer killing /vp/
>Unovabortions who got Black for their 7th birthday and refuse to admit there's anything wrong with it are totally fine

End your life.
>>
Yes, I remember, I played Pokemon Red in 1999.
>>
Yup born in 1989 imported the games from America
>>
Yes
I still remember me playing at those, alternating with Pokemon Crystal.
One of the first memories I have it's me playing Crystal in a break during a restaurant meal.
I could have been 3 or 4.

(I was born in 1996, all the games were bought for my Brother)
>>
>>27198183
>Genwunners are the cancer killing /vp/
>>27198223
Unovabortions who got Black for their 7th birthday and refuse to admit there's anything wrong with it are totally fine

Started with genwun here but consider Gen 5 the best gen so far
>>
I was born in 89,yes I remember the games you cancerous wart.

hgss are my favorites because of the QOL improvements to
>>
>>27198261
>gen 5 best gen
kys desu senpai
>>
Yep, born in 1991 so remember getting Red, Blue and Yellow
>>
>>27198149
Damn man, I still have vivid memories of my first experiences of both.

>January 2000
>be 9
>be day before school restarts fir the year
>got Gameboy (the huge brick one) literally the day before
>go straight to Blockbuster to hire Pokémon
>want to start with Charmander, so choose Red
>start playing in car
>brand new game, no previous savefile
>can't get out of house
>figure it out fairly quickly
>pick Charmander because that was the first ball I clicked
>name it U because in a hurry
>keep killing shit in Viridian Forest
>evolves into Charmeleon
>fuck yeah, maybe Charizard soon
>start to feel sick from stsring intently at screen for too long
>ignore it
>badidea.png
>turn off game without saving because no clue how to save and too sick to figure it out
>throw up on floor
>go to doctor despite it being simple reverse motion sickness
>be lethargic from lying awake excited about playing Pokémon
>doctor thinks I've got Meningitis
>spend day in hospital

Blue wasn't quite as exciting
>get Blue from Blockbuster
>has existing savefile
>Pokémon have vulgar (for a kid) names like Poo and Fart
>saved in Sabrina's Gym
>what the fuck, how do I get out of here
>used an Escape Rope
>>
I'm 29 so yes. I got red version the day it released in America.
>>
>>27198149
I'm so old I can't remember if ir was Red or Blue that I played.
>>
Aww yiss
>>
>>27198222
You're a good guy anon.
>>
It was the first video game I ever got at age four
>>
I played red
>>
got red on release day I'm pretty sure
I was so proud of my lvl100 scyther
>>
>>27198149
Kinda. My first game was yellow, though Ironically I didn't play that until gold/silver was just released.

Being completely honest, gen 3 has my overall favorite pokemon, despite the fact the I did'nt play gen3 until I played the recent remakes
>>
>tfw you realised gen 1 was aging
>tfw you realised gen 2 was aging
>tfw you now realise gen 3 is aging
>tfw you refuse to believe that soon children will say gen 4 and 5 feel old
It's so hard to look at gen 1 now, you still feel how it was at the time, but you're amazed at how easily impressed you were compared to the technology we have now.
>>
I remember having to share a blue cartridge between 2 of my brothers because we were shitlord poorfags. Remember a few memories but I feel like I remember more about Gold/silver
>>
I had green. Why is it often forgotten?
>>
my generation was gold and silver

i totally had my mom buy me red and blue off Ebay, though. I own every pokemon game up to gen 4, plus heart gold
>>
>>27198481
Because not many kids had access to it and those who did most likely preferred Red and Blue owing to Green being either Japanese or an unfinishd translation
>>
>>27198481
LOOK IM SPECIAL
>>
Nope my first game was sapphire, I tried playing red/blue recently and it was so boring I couldn't get past vermillion city.
>>
I'm 24 and either lost my red edition or my parents gave it away with a lot of other toys. All I still have is tetris and super mario. Feels quite bad man.
>>
Pokemon blue was my first non side scroller my aunt got it for me the day it came out. I got to mt.moon the first day got lost and gave up for a few months until other people in my class started playing (first grade.) I picked it up again and found my way out. I also didn't catch anything other than my starter and found my way though rock tunnel by holding directional pads.
>>
The first Pokémon game I owned was Fire Red. The first ones I played were my brother's copies of Red and Crystal. I remember liking Crystal more.
>>
>>27198149
Yes, must've been 7 or so.

Sunk many hours into it, have many nostalgic memories. Mainly of frustration, if I remember, because I was some dumb shit (then again, Gen I was imbalanced as fuck) - things like not getting Flash and spending ages getting lost in Rock Tunnel, constantly whiting out, imbalanced leveling of my team (don't we all at that age though)...

Still, fonder memories of Gen II and my Gold version. I fell in love with Gen II.

>dat more Asian-esque aesthetic
>dat music
>those colour sprites
>more legendaries, literally dreaming of capturing Ho-oh, chasing the legendary beasts across the map
>revisiting Kanto for the first time facing Red at the endgame

Gen I hasn't aged well though, with some exceptional elements, and genwunners are all cancerous. Gen II isn't perfect either, but I probably have more pleasant memories of playing it.
>>
I was born in 1990 and remember them well.
>>
>>27198149
No, but I do remember Pokemon Yellow.
>>
File: 1093995241-00.jpg (116 KB, 640x883) Image search: [Google]
1093995241-00.jpg
116 KB, 640x883
>>27198149
I am old enough to remember the shit show that was E.T. on the Atari.
>>
>>27198149
Yeah, I remember buying red because blue cost 10DM (Germany) more, which I found really weird.
>>
>>27198149
I remember playing my cousin's red version during a sleepover. I was so into the game that I played all through the night and killed his battery. I had to switch his tv remote batteries for his gba so he wouldn't be pissed. I was in the safari zone trying to catch a scyther, that was a bitch and a half. Eventually I caught it for him and the next day I begged my dad for the game, a week later I got red and started with charmander.

I loved that game, blew me away with the whole make a team out of random monsters in the wild. I've played every one since then but honestly I've lost a lot of interest since then.
>>
>>27198149
yea
>>
29 years old, so yes.
>>
>>27198149
Yes, I grew up with these games, and there's nothing special about having done so.
>>
Yeah I was born in 1992 but didn't get the games until 2000 I think

Played stadium religiously until then tho
>>
>>27198149
Yes, I've been a fan since it arrived in the UK.
>>
Yes but I never played them or yellow because I didn't have a gameboy (I only played the remakes on emulator). My first pokemon game was crystal
>>
>>27198502
>>27198504
Hmm, weird, I didn't realize it was uncommon.
Maybe it's because I used to play pokemon in french back in the days.
>>
I was pretty young when Red and Blue came out and was only ever able to play at a day care center with a game boy because I couldn't have my own Game Boy. We had an N64 for the family though, and I played the fuck out of Pokemon Stadium.
>>
yeah it was my first game
>>
I was too young to play or understand pokemon at the time but I had cousins who let me play their games and just told me to walk around in the grass and keep pressing a whenever anything happened. Essentially I was used as a grinding slave.

I have fond memories of Gen 2 though.
>>
>>27198149
First was Blue kept picking Squirtle and wondering why i had to keep picking new game until i looked and saw there was a save option.
>>
>>27198149
I guess technically I was alive during it but I wasn't into Pokemon.

First gen I played was 4.
>>
>>27198149
Barely, but yeah.
>>
I don't remember when it was released, but when I was a kid, the newest generation was gen 3. I remember after beating Emerald and Ruby, I went to gamestop to buy Red, but got bored fast due to the massive decline in graphics quality.
>>
Yellow was my first one. I was 6 at the time.
>>
I was 6 when pokemon came out here in germany. Everyone was playing it except me. I sometimes played red/blue at the mall. Later got a gameboy color. Silver was my first.
>>
I only watched the TV show before gen 3.
>>
>>27198149
20 here, I remember getting Pokemon Blue for the GBA. Didn't even know it had a color LCD until I finally got my next game (whatever that might have been). Sharing and fighting over the Gameboy with my sister on long car rides... collecting Pokemon cards in my own little box for years and showing them off at school.. man, the world seemed a much simpler place back then.
>>
Well yeah, it was my first Pokemon game.
But I played it in 2008
>>
File: 1455328561006.jpg (137 KB, 764x764) Image search: [Google]
1455328561006.jpg
137 KB, 764x764
>>27198149
Yep, and born in 1994.
I remember the whole boom, the cereal, the tcg, the movie, Pokemon being everywhere.
This whole Pokemon Go thing is bringing those memories back.
>>
File: time-pokemon-227x300.jpg (34 KB, 227x300) Image search: [Google]
time-pokemon-227x300.jpg
34 KB, 227x300
>>27198149
I sadly dont entirely remember my first blue team.
>Charizard
>Pidgeot
>Rhyhorn
>Articuno
>Vileplume
>???

Charizard did all the work because of how annoying Fire Spin was.
>>
I was born in 92 so yeah, I remember R/B. I got blue from my grandma but it was supposed to be a birthday present. My little brother and i went snooping and found two game boys and red and yellow in the closet.
>>
94 but I played Crystal first, good times. Eventually my older brother gave me Red and more good times were had.
>>
>>27198149
I REMEMBER THEM
I WILL NEVER FORGET THEM
TRUE LOVE NEVER DIE
>>
>>27199441
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
>>
>>27198149
Yep. 30 here. Started with red. Than yellow. Gold. Ruby. Emerald. Diamond. Platinum. White. White 2. Heart Gold. Y. Omega Ruby. And I plan to get both sun and moon. Sun for me and moon for my wife
>>
>>27199420
>I sadly dont entirely remember my first blue team
My red team was
>Charizard
>Vaporeon
>Haunter
>Articuno
>Zapdos
>Moltres
>>
File: 1467197269810.gif (982 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1467197269810.gif
982 KB, 320x287
>Born in 1985
>Played Red
>had no friend
>played blue and yellow
>transfered between them
>played silver
>transfered everything over to that
>almost the complete list
>didn't have enough money for Gen 3
>stopped playing till hgss
>I should totally transfer my mons
>Silver's internal battery died
>mfw
>>
>>27198149
Yeah, I started playing late because my family was broke as fuck so me and my neighbor shared his older brother's copy of Blue, but I remember them still.
>>
when i was in pre-school one of the staff who was like a 16 year old kid was playing pokemon blue on his gameboy

literally my first memory of pokemon was pokemon blue
>>
>>27199526
>silver
>transfering to new games
???
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2048x2048
Yes
>>
>>27199420
>Venusaur
>Butterfree
>Nidoqueen
>Raichu
>Persian
>Flareon
>>
My first team in Blue version:

Venusaur
Golbat
Snorlax
Hitmonlee
Kabutops
Zapdos

I was 6 years old and clearly I played like it.
>>
>>27199569
You can transfer pokes from RBY to GSC
>>
>>27199624
And it ends there, can't transfer over gen 3 so older pokemon are forever trapped there.
>>
>>27199624
Yeah but you can't transfer from Gen 2 to Gen 3.

That anon was talking about migrating shit from his original Silver cart to HGSS
>>
Nah. I remember Yellow, a bit, but I remember Silver much more vividly.
>>
File: TUMBLING DOWN.gif (360 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
TUMBLING DOWN.gif
360 KB, 500x375
>>27199587
>lost my old boxes
>lost red cartridge and silver got stolen
>>
I was like, maybe 4, but yeah I remember it
I actually bought Pokémon Stadium on the N64 so me and my sister could play it. She beat my ass in minigames but it was pretty even with rentals
>there was a team by a guy named "JED"
>all of the team was named after the A-Team
>Except one
>Gyarados
>The A-Team...and Gyarados.
>>
>>27198149
If not you know nothing about the real pokemania boom
>>
Yup, owned Blue then Yellow. I don't think I ever traded with anyone though. Also got an SP down the line specifically for LeafGreen.
>>
Born in 1993. Me and my twin brother got red and blue and both of us a gameboy color for the first day of school.
>>
Sure am
>>
I was 13 when it came out in the US.
>had THOSE parents. Wouldn't let me work or give me an allowance for chores. Bought me a game gear as a kid even though cousins who visited all the time had game boys.
>ended up getting a used gameboy from somebody with silver some time later.
>>
>>27198441
I was born in 90. I only watched some people play red and blue because of our poorness. Gold was my first version
>>
That feel when my lvl100 vaporeon used to destroy everyone teams back in Red and Silver, feels good mate
>>
I beat the Elite Four with every Pokemon in the game. I know my shit.
>>
Yaeh, I was roughly six at the time when it came out in the UK
>>
File: 1466103183011.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1466103183011.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
>>27199653
Original anon here

I actually had no idea you couldn't transfer that far ahead. I had assumed at the time you could. Then I found out everything was kill and I died inside.

I should just get back into it.
>>
Of course. But I could never neat the elite 4. Got to the champion, and he'd while the floor with me everytime
>>
>>27198149
Yeah, I still remember the day I got my copy of Blue.
>>
>>27198149

Born in '86, so yes.
>>
>>27198149

I remember my brothers and I playing it for the first time and freaking out over the first time we saw a spearow because we thought it was rare.
>>
I used to play them in high school with my best friend at the time. I had Red and he had Blue. We traded over that cord and I remember thinking it was dumb that you needed to trade some pokemon in order to get them to evolve right.

Once he battled me with a whole team of Mews that he had taught different TMs to make them like other Pokemon.

At the time my favourite Pokemon was Snorlax and I had one on my team that knew Toxic. So his strat was Toxic, Rest, Sleep, Sleep, Toxic, etc. It was great.
>>
I was about 5 at the time, but I remember it fondly. I needed a strategy guide to get past Brock though.
>>
>>27200383
Yep same here, only ever really played the originals, hell my good save on blue still works.
>>
>>27198149
Yes. Though a 13 year old ginger stole my blue
I was about 5
>>
>>27198149
I remember all gens and games
>>
>>27198149
Yes. Played the absolute shit out of Red on the gray brick gameboy back in 3rd/4th grade. Drew fakemon for at least a year or two, practically non-stop. Went to Books-A-Million for the meetups to trade the early cards, got some badges, some kid other than me inevitably got the mythical holo Charizard, and I remember the day that the Fossil set of cards was released.
>>
>>27198149
I remember duping Rare Candy and Masterballs and making the game stupid easy.
>>
>>27199334
bro you were only 4 when the games came out in America.
>>
File: 1336722296216.jpg (66 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1336722296216.jpg
66 KB, 640x480
>>27198149
>be in 5th grade
>friend down the street tells me about this amazing game called pokemon
>theres this crazy pink thing called "jigglypuff" and if changes its form and becomes "Wigglytuff"!
>wtf how does that even happen
>go home and tell mom about it, she seems intrigued
>go upstairs and read through the beanie baby magazine I got in the mail
>there is an article talking about the pokemon crazy
>read it like its the last thing I'll ever learn in my life
>the entire next week all my friends at recess ar talking about pokemon
>I wouldn't get my first game until xmas that year so be jealous talking about people using their item finders and going to seafoam islands and shit

>finally get my game
>go see if my other buddy got red since I got blue
>we battle and I demolish his charmeleon with my wartotrle
>he flips me off and kicks me out of his house

good times
>>
yes i played it a few years late (98?99?) but it was my first game ever. got it because i liked the anime.
>>
>>27198149
I got Red and Yellow for my 9th bday. It was a few months before Silver and Gold came out so I still got the original gen 1 experience.
>>
>be 7
>first play pokemon blue at a sleep over at my TKD dojo
>catch a mankey
>"Mankey's been transferred to Bill's PC"
>Remember feeling frustrated at wanting to see Mankey, but not yet knowing you can only carry 6 pokes
>Later that year, fat cartman-know-it-all kid enchants me and another classmate with stories of his pokemon game during a field trip
>imagine a fighting game, but with cute little creatures
>receive pokemon for my birthday that following year, dreamt of getting a squirtle on blue version the night before, actually made him use Rapid Spin on my opponent, back before Rapid Spin was even a move lol
>Toys R Us is sold out of Blue Version, experience overwhelming woe, begrudgingly pick Red because any pokemon is better than no pokemon
>Think that the pokemon on the cover of the version would be the protagonist, or strongest, which is why I wanted blue version, because I wanted the Squirtle line because I was also a fan of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles(as were a lot of other kids in my area apparently)
>Begrudgingly pick Charmander thinking that he would be the strongest, because it was red version
>Proceed to nightmarishly powerlevel Charmander through Brock and Misty
>tfw Charizard at level 36 is disobedient as fuck but we still managed to beat Misty's Starmie(fucking bubblebeam)
>tfw the rest of the game was a breeze with Charizard
>tfw Charizard is my favorite pokemon because of this
>tfw Satoshi

I don't know why I didn't start catching pokemon until after Misty, I mean, I was a pretty retarded 8 year old....
>>
>>27201951
games came out in america in 98. 99 in the UK.
>>
>>27198557
>things like not getting Flash and spending ages getting lost in Rock Tunnel, constantly whiting out, imbalanced leveling of my team (don't we all at that age though)...

I don't think I will ever be as lost as I was trying to figure out how to get past the gate guards in another video game ever again.

I wonder how many other kids literally crossed rock tunnel blind with just one pokemon and still made it out the other side of that zubat infested hell that much more in love with their pokemon all because you were broke, ran out of pokeballs to catch shit, or just didn't know how to catch shit

>tfw you will never be dumb enough for pokemon to challenge you again
>>
File: 1393355318871.png (134 KB, 629x520) Image search: [Google]
1393355318871.png
134 KB, 629x520
>>27202205
>navigated through Rock Tunnel without flash on a chair in Younkers while my mom shopped
to be 6 again
>>
Had Blue
> Rare Candy hack
> Copying lv 100 Pokémons with trade hack
> Got first real lv 100 Pokémon in my class, played half the night, was sleeping in school.
Good times..
>>
Yep. First Pokemon game I ever got was Pkmn Blue for Christmas in 1998. My brother got Yellow the next year. I was in grade 4 and Pokemon took us by storm: the cards on the playground, and racing home to catch it on TV on YTV at 4pm.
>>
>>27201991
You're lying. All Pokémon caught by you, no matter what level, will obey. The only Pokemon that disobey you based on level/badges are ones you receive through a trade. Why make up a story about Pokemon on a board where people probably know more about it than you? You're going to get discovered.
>>
I still own mine
>>
File: 1466829927557.jpg (75 KB, 480x533) Image search: [Google]
1466829927557.jpg
75 KB, 480x533
>all my friends had Gameboys except me for a while cause "you can't spend money on video games!"
>finally got one as a gift from my Grandma
>tell everyone that the only, the only game I ever want ever is just Pokemon Blue
>never got it
>played the card game, watched the show, but could never play any of the Gen 1 games when they were relevant

I was the first one out of my friends who got Gen 2 though, that was legit.
>>
Not really, but Pokemon has been part of my life for as long as I can remember. My older cousin and I used to play Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 on his N64 at my grandma's all the time. I didn't really get into the main games until I got my GBA, started with Emerald.
>>
>>27198149
yep. i can even remember going to an event at toys r' us. there were these japanese people giving away mews if you were like the first 50 in line or some shit. i just remember a shit ton of people. it was a lot off fun.
>>
Yes, born in '91. About to be 25 (in two days actually)

I was about 7 when I got Blue, but I had a Gameboy for at least a year beforehand. My first real game for it was Pocket Bomberman ( a really underappreciated game if any of you guys are interested, the JPN version actually came in a nifty little tin. If I ever come into shittons of money and start game chasing, that'll be an eventual grab). I first had experience with the card games though, since that's how I actually discovered Pokemon since all my friends were playing it. I had no real interest in learning how to play the game though since most people just collected the cards. To date I knew maybe one other guy who actually bothered to learn how to play. Then I got yellow. Gen 1 was alright, but Gen 2 was really what sold me the series. I got a new GBC with Gold -and- SIlver for Xmas of 99', even though I only mainly just asked for Gold.

Gold was probably my most played GB game ever. When Gen 3 came out I had kinda mostly outgrown the Pokemon craze. I only got Sapphire when it was cheap enough that you could buy it at Stop N' Shop (when they sold games lol) for like 15 bucks. Sapphire didn't really do much for me, I only really bothered to actually complete it when I had a sick day from school when I was 12. FRLG were nice but that was just something that was all "Oh wow that was a nice retread of Blue". Didn't really get back into Pokemon fully until HGSS.
>>
>browsing 4chan over the age of 20

LOL WHAT THE FUCK!??

Honestly if your first games weren't hoenn or sinnoh you should get the fuck back to the retirement home LMAO!!!
>>
Yeah. Except I only really played Gen 1 on my cousins gameboy because my babysitter stole the money I had saved up to buy one. Flash forward a couple years and I was able to actually get a GBC + Crystal with my christmas money and it was the most exciting night of my young life.
>>
File: picard.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
picard.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
>>27203155
>>
File: 1454872124813.gif (637 KB, 400x222) Image search: [Google]
1454872124813.gif
637 KB, 400x222
>>27203155
>>
yes im 26
>>
>>27198149
jup, even got all 151 on my first game
>>
>>27198149
Sure am. Who /1988/ master race here?
>>
>>27203155
are you legitimately retarded?
>>
The only thing I strongly remember is a younger cousin saving over my game.
>>
yes im 26
>>
>>27198149
Yes, mainly because I was born in the same as it was made, if not a year before it. I still remember playing it for the first time; I don't remember the age though, but it was in the single-digits.
>>
File: 1412032409555.jpg (1 MB, 1340x1353) Image search: [Google]
1412032409555.jpg
1 MB, 1340x1353
>>27203155
You're an absolute fucking retard. But you have dubs so I'm obliged to offer you this picture.
>>
>>27198149
Yup. Got A gameboy, Pokemon Red and Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening for my birthday in middle school.

Last weekend I visited my mom and in the basement I found my old Game boy color and Pokemon Crystal cartridge. Still works.
>>
yes im 26
>>
That so many people are replying "no" is scary to me.

I'm not even that old ffs.
>>
>>27203467
daddy!
>>
>>27199420
My first Blue team was

Venasaur
Zapdos
Mewtwo
Mew
Golduck
Jolteon

I forget how I got Mew, I think a friend got him from a mall event and traded it to me.
>>
>>27203495
>Jolteon

Man, Jolteon was a beast in Gen 1
>>
>>27198149
Yeah I remember getting bored with it and then trying out Gsc and liking it.
>>
>>27202453
incorrect
>>
>>27203572
Nah he's right, the whole not listening thing only happened with traded mon unless you glitched your game or something.
>>
>>27198149
No
>>
My first was blue.

It was also my second gameboy game. First was tetris. I was like 5 years old.

I remember walking around the starting house for AGES before I figured out where the door was, and how to exit it.
>>
>be in late middle school
>Pokemon Gold
>Spend hours/days breed a Chikorita to have ancient power
>trade egg to Crystal to use as starter.
>Months later battle friend after school
>Take down his Charizard with Ancient Power
>Calls me a cheater because grass types are weak to fire so I must have cheated
>shoves me on to the ground
>I scratch my glasses
>Get in trouble with Mom for not taking care of glasses
>worth it

Good times.
>>
No, I never had an original game boy. Did get gold and a gbc when I was 6, though.
>>
I'm 28. I've literally played every game since red, except mystery dungeon shit.
>>
>>27203639
>Super mad playing Silver because didn't realize that the policeman talking didn't count as talking to Elm too
To be fair my reading was pretty shaky
>>
File: pkmn.jpg (237 KB, 685x728) Image search: [Google]
pkmn.jpg
237 KB, 685x728
>>27203639

Me again.

I've lost my Red version, unfortunately.

But I did find these.
>>
Was 10 when red and blue came out

>when anons turn 10, they leave home to go on adventure.

This game is literally speaking to me...I must continue...

>I caught them all...hooked ever since
>>
>>27198149
Fampai,I was born in 1998.So obv no.I'll never have those memories that most anons here have.

>be me,2008(might have been 2007 or 2009;not bretty sure)
>get PC and internet
>bored af
>want to play some games
>remember how much I loved watching the Pokemon anime
>google search : pokemon games
>Leaf Green pops up
>heythislookscool.jpeg
>download that shit
>zero idea how to play
>me doesn't speaks english
>pick squirtle,because water type was my favourite type back then
>just catch random mons without progressing
>after 1 month of struggling i finished that game(fully- caught one of the beasts and mewtwo)
This was the second best month in my entire life

>mfw I turned 18 literally yesterday
>>
Yeah, my sister got it first and I got jelly and started crying to my mom so she bought me one too
>>
>>27203951
Well well looks like we got ourselves a barely legal here.
>>
>>27198149
No.
>>
>>27198149

I distinctly remember persuading my mum buy a copy of Pokemon Blue and a Gameboy for me while we were at a duty free after flying back to England from America. Prior to that, I had just watched the anime and wasn't even aware there was a game series.

It was released a year after I was born, so it must have been a few years old by that point. It strikes me now that I must have been playing RBY and GSC years after they had been released.

I guess I only started being really into the series and buying them on release for RSE
>>
>>27204217

Actually, looking at the Europoor release dates, I guess I could have played GSC on release after all. I could see myself being around 5 when I played RBY.
>>
>>27198149
My mom gave me a copy of Red Version with my Indigo game boy color in 1999, have been playing since then
>>
>>27198149
no

I had yellow
>>
I hardly remember them. I started with Crystal, so I remember that more than Blue. Decided to buy Yellow today, though, and I'm enjoying it so far. Anybody know if there's a trainer I can use to get Meowth?
>>
No. My first game was Sapphire on emulator, the first physical game was Diamond.
>>
>>27204036
Eh,better barely legal than being underage.
>>
My expat godmother gave me a gameboy color with Japanese red and pokemon tcg game

I didnt get past vermilion city because there was zero guides for me on how to use TM cut. Crystal was the first pokemon i cleared, cleared red on an emulator a little bit later

I found out like 10 years later she died of cancer
>>
>>27198149
>>
>>27198149
>dedicating your entire life to daily shitposting
>on a dying down, data-mining honeypot company no less

Good job Bui, your parents will feel proud as fuck.
>>
>>27198317
>>27198303

>Samefagging so hard just because you don't wanna show tits

I'm sure tits showing will be benefical to you too, girl, you need to lose your virginity.
>>
>>27205186
>TM
But I had a similar problem with Blue as a kid. Thought the TM Toxic would let me surf since Koga mentioned I could surf
>>
>>27198149
Yes but I'm a Ghostfag, so not too fondly.
>>
>>27198149
Of course, I was playing it in first grade after all
>>
>>27198149
yup, i was ten when it came out, got blue, picked Charizard and never looked back.

>>27198179
your math is broken buddy, games came out in 96, so either you were six when they came out or you were born in 88
>>
>>27207644
>implying he lives in japan
They came out late 98 in the only country that matters.
>>
>>27198149

I was in grade 7 when i came out, someone downloaded it onto the computers at school I went to it was the Japanese version but it was still amazing at the time.
>>
Born in 91
Red was not my first video game but it was fairly early in my gaming career. I have no clue what Pokemon I used for my team in either Red or Silver. I mostly remember my Ruby team.
I mix up memories because my older brother would play through the games at the same time. I also just have a particularly poor memory.
>>
Yes, still have my copy of Red and the booklet, too. The box got lost somewhere along the way, sadly.
>>
>>27199587
Where did you get those cases?
>>
File: xXse3.jpg (62 KB, 479x521) Image search: [Google]
xXse3.jpg
62 KB, 479x521
I remember. First time exposed to the game was thanks to a friend after school. He let me Start a game as long as I didn't overwrite his save. Later I picked up a bitchin' yellow Game Boy Color that was bundled with Red and a connecting cable at Costco.

Not my picture but god damn was it beautiful.
>>
>>27198149
yes
>>
I believe it was '98, and there was a bunch of advertisements all over the TV and at school for Pokemon. I had a few friends that started to play it, so I picked up Red version for my Game Boy Pocket. I then got into the Anime and TCG shortly after, and was swept up into everything.

Good times...I still remember all the hype for the new games, the Pokegods (kind of weird how Megas are similar in nature to it), the rumors of the S.S. Anne coming back, Pikablu and Togepi. I still remember finding out that a local game import shop had a Japanese copy of Gold like 6-8 months before it came out in the US. I still remember being amazed when I stumbled upon Kanto like a month after I beat the Elite Four because I could not read Japanese (also had some issues with the Togepi egg).

I still like Pokemon, but damn have the recent games been a bit of a buzzkill.
>>
>was the only one of my friends without a gameboy color and yellow
>everyone else just sat at the end of one of their driveways and played
>parents caved and bought me one so I could have friends again
>>
>>27208470
90s commercials were....special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tTc8__lXkM
>>
File: 1468477672983.jpg (231 KB, 734x950) Image search: [Google]
1468477672983.jpg
231 KB, 734x950
I grew up on Silver but went back and played Blue after I realised it came before it.

That was in 2001 when I was 8
>>
>>27208535
Oh god, I remember that one.

For some strange reason, this one stuck in my head as well: https://youtu.be/EQaQYGN-7K8

Nowhere near as weird, but still.
>>
>>27208535
Looks like something out of a horror movie mixed with deviantart/furaffinity sickness
>>
>>27208707
What the hell? I don't even remember this promotion.
>>
93 I remember playing it shortly after it was released. Started with Bulbasaur because my cousin told me he was the best. Released it as an Ivysaur because I didn't know what Release meant. And I never bothered with the dialogue. I spent so much time trying to find it in the nearest grass by the Poke Center. Trying to find it again.
>>
Born in 1993.
Of course i remember,it was 1998 here in Italy but there was already the TCG if i remember correctly...mh...didn't play it though at the time,first pkmn game i played was Crystal because a friend of my cousin lend me his GBC and Crystal cartridge,then i got Silver from my cousin when i got myself a GBAsp,then i played emerald on a emulator on pc
>>
>>27198149
Yes, and rather vividly. I got red first, beat every last trainer in the game and caught everything that didn't have to be traded for. I then lost my red, was very sad and got blue shortly after and played it through multiple times. Had a ton of fun doing the missingno glitch.

I remember being stuck on Misty back in second grade during a choir recital before I had to go on stage: I had a Wartortle, a Zubat and a Clefairy and only the Wartortle was a decent level. My dad asked me if I wanted to stay for my second performance or go home and play more N64. I decided to stay and I beat Misty.

I dunno why that memory has stuck with me for the last eighteen years. Good times. I should replay R/B one of these days.
>>
>>27209316
Also this thread made me buy pkmn Red on the e-store thx guys
>>
Yeah and I still have RBY, GSC, and RE.
Makes me nostalgic just looking at them.
>>
>>27198149
yeah. I was 7 at the time, and I got Red and a pikachu gameboy colour for '99 Christmas. Picked Squirtle because people had told me about Brock, although I eventually restarted and went with Bulbs at some point because the extent of my meta game knowledge at the time was he would be good for Brock, Mt Moon and Misty.

I still consider myself a Gen 2er at heart though, Silver blew my mind in 2000
>>
>>27198149
i do, my daughter knows the new ones and i dont, she cant name 20/151 of the first ones tho, its sad
>>
My first pokemon game was Ruby. My brother had emerald. I remember getting mystery events. I got a Deoxys and my brother got Mew. Pretty sure I killed the Deoxys honestly.
>>
I was born in 91 and well remember the mania. We were poorfags so all we could do was obsessively watch the anime and peer over friend's shoulders at their copies of Red and Blue. Later, our well off babysitter got my brother the Pikachu edition Gameboy Color with the copy of Yellow, and we shared it until he grew out of Pokemon and I asked my dad for a GBA and Crystal for my birthday in 02.

>>27198481
Green was one of "those kid" rumours in my schoolyard. We only had RBY in Australia but someone who'd been to Japan, somehow got a Marill promotional card and presumably seen a copy of Green started combining all these crazy rumours shortly before the first movie came out.

>Pokemon Green will be the opposite of Yellow, you play as the rival and get Eevee as starter
>There will be all new Pokemon in various locations including Misty having a Pikablu (Marill) during her gym battle
>You get the Mew from under the truck, take it to the Pokemon Lab on Cinnabar, and the fossil resurrection guy can evolve it into Mewthree
>When you get to Celadon you can buy a leaf stone from the department store and evolve your Eevee into a new grass type evolution, Bladeon, that looks like it was crossed with Scyther
>After you finish the E4 and become Champ, Prof. Oak gives you a new ticket for a different ferry and you sail away to a different land with new Pokemon, eight more gyms and another league

It was bizarre a year later when Gold/Silver came out and did the dual region leagues, for the longest time I half believed the rumours and waited for Green, then when Emerald was released I thought to look it up online and found out we'd all been tricked.
>>
I was born in 1998. My first was Sapphire but most of my playtime to this day is on Emerald. Stopped after Diamond. Also spent a good bit of time on Blue Rescue Team but Emerald is still my favorite by far; everything just fits in its place.
>>
>>27198149
Nope was born when X/Y came out.
>>
>>27198149
I do remember getting FireRed and LeafGreen.
>>
>>27207644
>came out in '96

Konichiwa
>>
>>27198149
Definitely, but I wasn't allowed to own any Pokemon games (nor consoles) until Gen 3.
>>
>>27211701
>tfw you're old enough to remember 1998
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 20160717_014700.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20160717_014700.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
Of course.
>>
>>27198149
...No.

I'll admit this here. My first games were Sinnoh.
>>
I played Red when it came out and still have an unopened copy of blue somewhere at my mother's house.

The only other main series Pokemon game I played was ruby.
>>
I'm 23
I got Red from an aunt in 1999
So I guess
>>
Born in 1992, my first Pokemon game was Blue on a floppy disk.
>>
>>27198149
>be 6 or 7
>I'm locked in heated battle on the S.S. Anne
>I have nothing to easily drop this Mahcop
>I'll win, but it's gonna be a slow grind
>"Anon why aren't you out playing?"
>Teacher makes us break for recess
>Teach takes my game
>makes me turn it off
>I didn't know what happened if you didn't save your game
>All I knew was my cousin told me you'd lose your progress
>Think that mean my whole file would be erased
>A month of progress, gone
>cry uncontrollably
>Realize I'm a retard next time I play the game and I'm back in Vermillion city

It still blows me away that I thought Vermillion City was super far in the game. Mt. Moon was a great first challenge.
>>
somebody give me 1 reason why yellow isn't vastly superior to both red and blue
>>
93. Silver. Back in 1999 I thought moves lost power as you used them because the pp went down so I thought it meant "power points"
>>
>>27213882
>pika against onyx

other than that, it's equal
>>
File: 1458848776633.jpg (403 KB, 1000x911) Image search: [Google]
1458848776633.jpg
403 KB, 1000x911
born 1989 Pokemon blue was a Christmas gift from my Nana. I remember i couldn't get out of the bedroom you start in because i thought the stairs looked like a bookshelf or something so i needed my dad's help. also I didn't know about switching Pokemon using the PC so I caught a Caterpie and later a Metapod and kept them both in my team until... like Cerulean or something
also I picked Bulbasaur because I liked him in the anime... or at least i think that's why
>>
File: shinji-hand.jpg (43 KB, 851x469) Image search: [Google]
shinji-hand.jpg
43 KB, 851x469
>>27199706
>that scene
>>
>>27213882
Yellow was significantly easier due to wider Pokemon/move distribution
>>
>>27198149
Yeah, I was six years old when it came out in the US, and I've played every gen since.

Although I didn't play gen IV until HG/SS because I was 14 when D/P came out because I thought it looked dumb. Ended up playing Platinum after HG, didn't really enjoy it, but the gen IV mons won me over.
>>
>>27198149
I remember RBY better than gens 3-6.
>>
>>27198149
i was 5 years old when these games came out
>>
>>27198557
The most mindblowing thing about gen 2 to me was the day-night cycle.
>>
Unfortunately, no. Still got to enjoy going to see the Pokemon movies and the major Pokemon hype wave which was pretty amazing.

First game was crystal.
>>
If you are too young to remember these games then it is best for everyone that you stop posting on this website.

We dont need a bunch of millenials ruining or sekret club anymore.
>>
>>27198149
yeah i played my friends game on the bus to school every day in middle school
>>
>>27198149
born in 1990 got red and blue as birthday present in 1999 on my 9th birthday,i ask pokemon yellow on my 10th birthday,together with N64 and stadium.i played the first NES at 1995 on 4 years old now i have move from the Gamecube on my 14th birthday from this to the PS2 it was getting bored..and now i have a PS4..i dont know if i should buy the NES Mini it is a reborn system.with no internet.

i watched the serie's on 8 years old on 1998
when the show's where fresh,but now its just
nothing,the show is almost 20 years old
in 2017 and i think they rebooting or
remastering the first anime for 20th anniversary
in 2017 from 1997.
>>
>>27207683
Those games came out late 99 in Europe, so I have no idea what you are talking about. Or do you live in Canada? There isn't really any other country that matters.
>>
My first game was Gold when I was 5. However I later played Pokemon Yellow during the time Ruby and Sapphire were out. My brother got his hands on an old Gameboy with Yellow.
>>
>>27198149
Yes, of course. 24 here.
>>
>>27198149
... Yes I'm a Fucking ancient that is mad at the life because when I brought my 3ds to the office to play Y in my free time I was threaded like a circus attraction, and now half of the office is playing Go and there is nothing weird about it
Being and adult sucks
>>
File: 1.jpg (18 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
18 KB, 500x333
>>27199811
>>Lvl 100
>> red and silver
>>
>>27200383
My nigga
>>
>>27198149
Yeah, I was born in 1991. Got a gameboy color and Pokemon Red as a christmas gift (If I recall correctly, at the age of 8 or 9). I had no other gameboy games (aside from Pokemon Crystal when it came out later). Good memories.
Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.