[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Given how many pokemon have just now been introduced with things
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
Given how many pokemon have just now been introduced with things like new abilitites, new typings and new moves designed to break the mold of the existing meta, do you think The Veterans of OU will be dethroned? or will they remain for more than 20 years in their top tier?
>>
>>27197632
I wish they would get dethroned
>>
>starmie
>ou
i think the only way for gengar to be dethroned is if something that does everything it does but better gets introduced, or powercreep makes 110 a bad speed tier
>>
>>27197632
Yeah man Starmie will get Mega form and goes all they way to Ubers.
>>
>>27197632
Ya forgot dragonite
>>
>>27197720
Dragonite was UU in gen I

>>27197665
Starmie IS in OU though, it has been since its conception
>>
>>27197825
Oh shit it is
I haven't payed attention for a couple months. But it definitely hasn't been there the whole time like gengar.
>>
>>27197847
I'd love to find the smogon entries pre-ORAS, things like having mega-garchomp in Ubers and other entries like those are always fun time capsules to admire
>>
File: 1260686227608.jpg (28 KB, 520x640) Image search: [Google]
1260686227608.jpg
28 KB, 520x640
>>27197847
Yeah it has been, Smogon even did an article on this back near the beginning of Gen 5. Starmie, Snorlax, Zapdos, and Gengar were OU all the way through to 4th gen, then Zapdos and Snorlax dropped to UU in 5th. Starmie has always been great, and a couple new items and moves through the generations has only made it better. I personally use a Choice Specs set that includes Trick, sometimes sending it out first to shut down a status lead or just ravaging it with offense.

There's plenty of things it can do though, it's nowhere near obsolete.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.