[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X/Y vs. OR/AS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1196142689727.jpg (34 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1196142689727.jpg
34 KB, 800x800
Pokemon Go inductee here. I downloaded the app, played with it a bit, but ultimately got disappointed by how shallow the game actually is. I used to emulate the GBA games on my PC some years back, and rather enjoyed them, but I basically haven't touched the series then. But PoGo left me with the itch, so I figure I might as well get a cheap 2DS and a game or two while shopping today.

I checked the local selection I can get today, and it's basically either X/Y or OR/AS. I can always order any other games of the series from webstores, but I kinda wanna pick up something today.

So tl;dr: Which is a better pickup right now X/Y or OR/AS, and any notable differences I need to know about?
>>
>>27196383

if you get X or Y, enjoy your shit legendaries with no contests.

I like the games but the removal of contests irked me. It was a fun mechanic. 4 vs 3 in the form of latios and latias. I prefer latias.
>>
ORAS is more "complete"

Get ORAS, if you want older pokemons get XY later when the price drops hard.
>>
>>27196707
pokemon games dont drop in price. where have you been since 1996?
>>
DO NOT LISTEN TO THESE FOOLS

OR/AS are awful shallow remakes of the Ruby/Sapphire games, missing content. Everything you may have liked about those games is watered down and shit.

Seriously, just trust me on this. Get X/Y. X/Y is the actual Gen 6 Pokémon games, and the best possible game you can play before Gen 7 comes out. Actual new content. Not a truckload mind you. HG/SS and B2/W2 still are the champions there. But X/Y will be perfectly enjoyable for you. OR/AS, I PROMISE YOU, will not.
>>
>>27196383
You can play DS games on 3/2ds
So Start with Platinium, then Bw1->BW2->x/y ->ORAS
>>
Get ORAS if you want access to all the Megas, get X/Y if you want something new. Ignore all the other memes in the thread
>>
DON'T GET ORAS if you already played one of the GBA Hoenn games. Just get XY or wait for SM instead. Or get XY and SM. Just skip ORAS.
>>
>>27196775
Faggot you just mad you still have to walk in grids and don't get Mega BEEDRILL.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.