[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did the quality of the official art works peak at this point
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
Why did the quality of the official art works peak at this point in the series?
>>
ohmura started shitting on everything
>>
Scarfs
>>
Because even Game Freak knew DPPt were their best
>>
File: 1465789303412.jpg (349 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1465789303412.jpg
349 KB, 600x600
>>27195483
>>27195490
>thinks bw/b2w2 characters are shit
Either both of you are contrarian faggots or just have really, really shit taste
>>
File: art-011.jpg (472 KB, 1414x2000) Image search: [Google]
art-011.jpg
472 KB, 1414x2000
>>27195544
Everything after just looks noodly armed with drugged out dilated pupils

Like some fan artist tried to copy the new style in DPPt, that's who they got to draw the new art
>>
File: rse-emerald-oras-art.jpg (91 KB, 652x412) Image search: [Google]
rse-emerald-oras-art.jpg
91 KB, 652x412
I only like the older pre-FRLG game manual art work out of nostalgia.
>>
>>27195544
>people seriously prefer ohmura round eyes to classic sugi oval eyes
>>
>>27195637
Disgusting.
>>
>>27195483
But that looks like trash. Definitely better than the DP artwork, but.
>>
>>27195796
Yeah, if it weren't for the complete nosedive of quality gen 5/6 character art took, the older art would be the ugliest.
>>
Ohmura is shit and Sugi's style went over the edge in the general transition it's always been heading towards into something that doesn't appeal to us as much

Also Crystal era Sugi is best
>>
>>27195854
R/S Sugi is the worst, with the exception of Brendan and May. Character designs are bland and so does the eyes and coloring style. Good thing FRLG and Emerald improved the RSE style, and it shows.
Gen V and VI are fine (gen VI even improved the bland Team Aqua and Magma designs, especially the admins), but I can see why some people hate it (mostly due to the infamous Shauna Faceā„¢)
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.