[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do pokemon Rivals suck now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
Gen 1 Rival was pretty good, but gen 2 rival was thebest, you just loved to hate this guy, and even when you won he called you weak, it just made you want to kick his ass way more next time, why has every one after gen 2 been

>LOL UR SO STRONG, WOW I AM JUST SO WEAK COMPARED TO UR AWESOMENESS I GUESS XDDDDD

I want Rivals like gen 2 again, also Dimond and Pearl's Paul was a pretty great Rival too, too bad we didn't get him in the gen 4 games.
>>
File: 68a.jpg (29 KB, 400x366) Image search: [Google]
68a.jpg
29 KB, 400x366
"… …Humph! He claims to be the Elder but he's weak. It stands to reason. I'd never lose to fools who babble about being nice to Pokémon. I only care about strong Pokémon that can win. I really couldn't care less about weak Pokémon."
>>
I thought he was a girl at first.
>>
Wasn't Gen 2 rival just an asshole criminal? Don't know what's so great about that.

Gen 1 rival was a good lesson that you could be behind and still come out on top at the end of the day.
>>
>>27195479
Me too.
I only realized after Bugsy, then I realized I named a dude Alice.
>>
>>27195413
Yeah too bad that Silver went from a little criminal to "pokemon are our friends, yay" so yeah, no he's probably the shittiest of them all
>>
File: trashy man.png (95 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
trashy man.png
95 KB, 640x400
>>
>>27195623
>in spite of the monster, and the coach
top kek
>>
>>27195508
When did you realize bugsy was a dude btw?
>>
>>27195785
Official art.
>>
>>27195508
When I was playing Silver for the first time I had a retard moment when the cop asked what his name was. After the battle and seeing ??? I answered ???. It was only until I had beaten the E4 that I realized what I had done.
>>
>>27195785
Right after I beat him, infact I think me realizing Bugsy was a dude made me realize Silver was a dude. I would've probably kept thinking Silver was a girl for a while if that didn't happen.
>>
Lmao dude ur so weak even tho you beat my ass for the 6th time in a row wow omg best rival
>>
>Best rival
>Not Barry
You got some shit taste man. Barry was the perfect mix of asshole and friend.
>>
>>27195816

I love this story, I'm laughing uncontrollably now.

Thanks anon.
>>
>>27195413
>mfw I always named him Kamon
>>
>>27195413
>constantly lost to you
>calls you pathetic
>>
>>27195896
>Barry
>best
>while having no personality, forgettable and having fucking Rapidash and Floatzel in his team
Wally is so much better. He makes you pay for making fun of him at Mauville by beating you with his smogon team while his "angry edgy theme song" played out of nowhere.
>>
>>27195896
Felt like my rival was Sonic the Hedgehog because of how impatient and brash he was.
>>
Serena and May suck, they spend all the game getting a gush on every time you kick their ass, then telling you how great you are.
>>
>>27195816
I named the rival ??? too.
Then I realised right after I rebattled him that I named him wrong.
It was my first pokemon game.
>>
>>27196031
>Serena and May are the rivals
>not Calem and whoever the guy from ORAS is.
Gross
>>
>>27195816
Fucking same.

"???: Heh, get out of my way!!!"

Officer: WHAT WAS HIS NAME?

>uhh .. "???"

Officer: THX KID

I think I figured out what I did right after, but looking back never knowing his name was kind of a cool route to go.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.