[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong, /vp/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 6
File: shitchamp.png (100 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
shitchamp.png
100 KB, 600x300
What went wrong, /vp/?
>>
Pretty much everything.
>>
ICE
>>
She's not Cynthia
>>
she didnt decide to do a double battle and have Aurorus and Mega Gardevoir fuck you with Refrigerate and Pixilate Round every turn.
>>
Ice to meet you.
>>
her thighs arent big enough
>>
It looks like a small boy. Shit hair too.
>>
>>27195066
Still a better champ than Lance, Iris or Alder.
>>
>>27195066
Ice moves fuck her up.
>>
>>27195141
Yep and at least she doesnt hang around your neck for the whole game and treat you like special snowflake like the other champs
>>
File: team.jpg (158 KB, 788x596) Image search: [Google]
team.jpg
158 KB, 788x596
>>27195066
>I'm the most powerful trainer in the world!
>>
>>27195522
>exeggutor has the highest special of any grass type
>only physical attacks
JUST
>>
>>27195206
I concur like a Bitch, she acted like a champion. Maybe it had to do with how big Kalos was though
>>
>>27195571
You'd think they could have at least given it Mega Drain.
>>
>>27195571
>implying special in gen 1
>>
>>27195522
>--

every time
>>
Wont be surprised if she'll appear in Sun and Moon to have a role since Zygarde appears aswell. She's a star so it wouldnt be surprising at all to see her on vacation in Alola
>>
File: Sleepwear Cynthia.jpg (56 KB, 313x622) Image search: [Google]
Sleepwear Cynthia.jpg
56 KB, 313x622
>>27195088
This. Also you could take her entire team with a Charizard and always have a super effective move. Oh wait, doesn't the game just give you one?
>>
>>27195643
The worst part about you being so dumb, is that you don't realize it.
>>
>>27195141
I don't see how anyone can be this wrong.
>>
Her team was themed
Gardevoir - princess
Tyrantrum - king
Nessie - queen
Hawlucha - knight in shining armor
Goodra - fairytale dragon
Gourgeist - cinderella pumpkin
>>
>>27195141
Lance is a bit challenging if you didnt power level or feraligatr
Or have a steel type

Iris has great music
Team plasma ruined alder ever being memorable
>>
Too fucking easy.
>>
>>27195066
shit design
easy team
no pesonality
>>
>>27195141
>Iris
>worse
Say what you will about iris' personality, but her team was at least adequately structured as to not get totally throttled by any half decent steel type.
>>
>>27195066
Not as difficult as Steven, the hardest champion bar none. Even Cynthia and FRLG Blue cannot compete.
>>
>>27195621
It's even worse in Yellow where they bother giving them more then just the level up movesets and Exeggutor still has the same moveset... and Leech Seed.
>>
>>27195522
Face it, Alakazam is as strong as his other mons combined. At least they improved his team in FRLG
>>
>>27195907
And they changed her shit hair to the better too.
>>
>>27195925
Steven? Hes the easiest, just give a fire move to a mon in your team.
>>
>>27195959
There are no good fire types in Hoenn if you don't choose Torchic.
>>
Goodra is such a stupid looking pokemon. The rest of its line is so good, too. What the fuck happened?
>>
>>27196310
ken sugimori designed it but not goomy or sliggoo. just like he did with dragonite. the guy should be kept very far away from other people's work.
>>
>>27195804
>Hawlucha
If the fairytale theme is even remotely real, they should've given her a Bisharp. Cynthia has Milotic, so past gen Pokemon in a Champ's team is fine.
>>
>>27196310
I like it. It's a dragon pokemon that isn't "OW THE EDGE" or "haha go fuck yourself till 50 and then OW THE EDGE"
>>
>>27195066
Low levels, very little input in the plot (She shows up talkng to Lysandre and that's about it), and she has stupid hair and eyebrows.
>>
>>27195887
>shit design
She's based on Audrey Hepburn, and a counter to Cynthia

Short, brown hair
>Long, blonde hair
White clothing, with shorts
>Black clothing, with pants
Fairy type signature Pokemon
>Dragon type signature Pokemon
>>
>>27195944
agreed.
>>
>>27196668
Not Aegislash? Or that Steel/Bug type?
>>
SHADU BALLU
>>
>>27196672
goomy and sliggoo were both that but goodra fucked up
>>
>>27195141
You're a fucking retard
>>
She looks like a lesbian husband with that outfit. Doesn't help that mega gardevoir's dress makes her look like a wife.
>>
>>27195804
Gardevoir -> Obligatory Signature Mega Pokemon
Tyrantrum/Aurorus -> Obligatory Fossil Pokemon
Goodra -> Obligatory Pseudo-legendary Pokemon
Hawlucha/Gourgeist -> Obligatory Gen 6 Exclusive Pokemon
>>
>>27195714
You mean like the Lucario you're given sweeps Cynthia no problem too?
>>
>>27196690
>Low levels
Ebin.
>>
>>27195066
I like Diantha but she DESPERATELY needs more role in Pokemon games. Zygarde is in Sun and Moon, maybe Diantha will appear aswell?

She deserves it if only because her role in XY was too tiny, just like Zygarde's
>>
>>27195141
Lance and iris were much harder
>>
>>27196690
>Low levels
Did you even play the game? Diantha has the highest (or 2nd highest if we count Alder) levels when it comes to champion battle
>>
>>27195066
>come in at 10 levels below her
>still OHKO two of her Pokemon and win with relative ease
Probably one of the easiest Champions in the game.
>>
>>27197381
b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but muh exp share
>>
>>27197400
You can do that in every game, guy.
>>
>>27197400
Tbh i had the same experience with lance, Blue and even Steven and Cynthia so thats nothing out of the ordinary
>>
>>27197422
Cynthia gave me trouble, but I'd agree with the rest.
>>
>>27195066

Says you

Best champion fight since Cynthia, hell it has better music
>>
>>27195066
She was extremely easy to set up on. Aurorus and Gourgeist aren't threatening at all, and the former in particular is a prime candidate for PuP.
>>
File: 1467428025547.jpg (71 KB, 647x594) Image search: [Google]
1467428025547.jpg
71 KB, 647x594
>>27195066
>Ace is a fucking gen 3 pokemon
>Said ace was chosen most likely to show off it's mega
>Kalos's dex was so tiny that they gave her a Gourgiest and a fucking Hawlucha
>Diantha was barely in the story, and is about as interesting as a brick

Here's hoping they don't fuck up with S/M's E4
>>
>>27195066
>Half of her team are weak to both Steel and Ice Types, which are fairly plentiful in Kalos.
>The generation she is in has the OP as fuck EXP Share.
>Does not level up considerably in her rematch, unless you use the Battle Chateau.
>Ace Pokémon is now weak to Poison, a Type it could take down easily in the past.
>4/6 of her team have a ridiculous amount of weaknesses due to their type combinations.

Am I missing out on anything else, Anons?
>>
>>27198482
Yeah you forgot to remove your name.
>>
>>27197451
I one shotted her team with a +6 Aqua Jet on my Empoleon. It still makes me kek
>>
>>27195586
>Kalos
>big

>>27195522
>bringing up Gen 1 teams without the context of the games, moves, pokemon or mechanics at the time

Every time
>>
>>27196275

I never had toruble beating him with Camerupt or Torkoal.
>>
>>27197832
PuP?
>>
>>27198644
Power-up-Punch
>>
>>27195066
>No boobs
>Boyish haircut
>Ugly
>Boring
What went right?
>>
>>27195522
>Tail Whip
>Leer
Excuse me?
>>
File: 1468181725602.png (315 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1468181725602.png
315 KB, 500x500
>>27195066
>signature pokemon is from gen 3
>BOTH of the fossils
>pumpkaboo for some reason
You can tell they were struggling with distributing the new Pokemon to the main trainers.
>>
>>27198096
Hopefully they keep Alola's champion a surprise or just reveal him/her and say "Hey this dude/dudette the champion" like they did in Black/White with Alder.

Not unlike X/Y who show up once and went "Who is this mysterious woman with the unique design that we see once and never see again, she just a famous actress and is totally not the champion no siree"
>>
>>27195066
Well at least she had good music...
>>
>>27195066

I soloed her entire team, except Mega Gardevoir, with a Crobat.

>>27195088

Cynthia is definitely my favorite Champion. She was a great challenge to defeat.
>>
>>27200336
I think Sun Moon mission with all the rumours flying around is that there going to be around more than 90 New Pokemon. Hopefully to make up for the lackluster amount she got in the previous game.
>>
>>27197345
You didn't even read my post did you. Sweeoing or not, bringing a Charizard to Diantha's battle immediately gives you the upper hand. One STAB move for both types and a dragon move. Literally always have a super effective attack.
The whole point of my post was Diantha's team is horrible put together. Even without Charizard, fairy type fucks half her team, fire the other half. Then look at Cynthia's team. At most, only two pokemon share a weakness at a time. Two of her pokemon have only one weakness, both of which are different, one one has no weaknesses unless you have a way of changing types or foresight, which at that point in the game, players have definitely dropped.
The point is Diantha's team is shit.
>>
>>27195804
I thought the theme was movie genres

Gourgeist - Horror
Hawlucha - Action
Gardevoir - Romance
Tyrantrum - Kaiju
Goodra - Comedy
Aurorus - Drama (this one is kind of a reach idk)
>>
>>27196612
So is he why dragonair suddenly evolves into a cute cartoon dragon?
>>
>>27195522
B-but they gave him Leech Seed in Yellow!
>>
>>27195066
Her team lacks a distinct cohesive theme, and none of her Pokémon sans Gardevoir fits her glamorous image as a celebrity and famous movie star.
>>
>>27200336
Important trainers got Megas and MEgas were only for past gen Pokemon, Alder had the two trade bgus for some reason and also Steven had both fossils and Lance had Aerodatyl, Champions just have an affinity for fossils. Gourgeist is the only one that doesn't make sense in particular, but Champions always have one or two. Why did Cynthia have Gastrodon? At least Gourgeist is a vaguely feminine Pokemon for female trainer.
>>
>>27202986
Did Cynthia's team fit her identity as an adventurer who searched for legends? Does Alder's team fit him at all in any capacity besides Volcarona, also his signature Pokemon as well? What the hell was Alder's coherent theme? You're measuring Diantha by some arbitrary metric that does not exist.
>>
>>27195066

I thought she was a great Champion. Her diverse pokemon reflected the newness of Kalos, while also maintaining her chic, refined aesthetic. This and her gorgeous champion room really made that first champion battle fun for me.
>>
>>27203039
Also I just remembered N having both fossils for some reason too. I knew there was another character that had them for no reason. At least it makes sense for Steven.
>>
>>27203071
Yes, I realize that not all champions have a cohesive theme to their team (Cynthia, Adler, Diantha) while some do (Lance, Steven, Wallace, Iris). I just personally think that it felt a bit anticlimactic that Kalos' theme was supposed to be "beauty", and the champion is a beautiful woman, yet her team seems to mostly consist of a hodgepodge of Pokémon that they hadn't given to very many trainers before her that doesn't fit that. Something like Altaria and Roserade fits the image of beauty a bit better than the bumbling Tyrantrum and Goodra, in my opinion. This is all subjective though.

Her team consists entirely out of new Kalos Pokémon though, if Mega Gardevoir is included, so I'll give them that at least.
>>
Giving Champions the fossil mons is the laziest shit.
>>
>>27204545
This is still bullshit, don't give me "well it's subjective", no, there is no logical basis for this opinion. Lance, Steven, Wallace, and Iris are all type trainers, of course they have a "cohesive theme". Diantha has no type just like the others. Diantha's theme isn't "beauty", where in the world did you get that? She has as much a "theme" she was "supposed" to be built around as Alder or Cynthia do. Her team is as random as every other typeless champion save for I guess Blue, and even then the specific pokemon he used for each type was pretty random.
>>
>>27204617
All I'm saying is that I would've liked it better if she was a type/themed champion.
>>
>>27195066
>>
>>27198528
>>bringing up Gen 1 teams without the context of the games, moves, pokemon or mechanics at the time
The mechanics that have shown trainers could have TM moves. Stop defending it.
>>
>>27195522

>Counting gen 1.

Use his Round 2 Stadium team or his final team in FR for what his real team was like.
>>
>>27206367
Too bad XY doesn't have the privilege of getting remakes for trainer's "real" teams.
>>
>>27206404
so there's no way to defend gen 6 then
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.