[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What Pokémon do you dislike? I honestly don't like Charizard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9
What Pokémon do you dislike?

I honestly don't like Charizard that much, he's always slapped onto everything as being the best starter and etc, also adding to that is how much attention it's given by fans and by the Pokémon Company itself.

He's okay but I'm sick of seeing a mon being slapped onto everything every couple of generations in general.
>>
>>27194876
Pikachu, same reason as you anon. Give his evos some love man, plus there's a clone every gen and then we're getting that pikasheet thing. Granted the pika sheet isn't too bad.
>>
>>27194876
You literally just described many of my feelings regarding charizard. His megas are cool though
>>
Gay overrated shit designed to make boys go WOW SO COOL

ttar, scizor, rayquaza, garchomp, haxorus, ect
>>
>>27194876
Anything that is just a fish.

I mean, if I'm at Mt Chimney how does a Goldeen or whatever survive. I mean, anything amphibious is a stretch to survive as well but the fish pokemon just make no sense.
>>
>>27194876
>griafarig

What the fuck was the point of that one besides the "lol so clever" palindrome thing?

>the fairy legendaries

Stupid. They all look literally the same except for different head colors and eye openness

>luminose and that other male bee Pokemon thing

Seriously just a double battle gimmick character. I know of nobody who will remember/like those things
>>
Hoopa unbound, way too big
>>
>>27195018
Yes sharp things are cool and are made stronger in the game for the target audience. (Young boys) but GF and Nintendo can take a break from tossing charizard and pikachu into the spotlight. Two megas and a dress up feature is a little much.
>>
Tongue scarf, Aromatisse and the flower prostitute to name a few.
>>
>it's an anons hates pokemon because of their earned popularity thread
Ariados is a piece of boring shit. It's an eyesore and I can't believe it took them three gens to make up for it with Garvantula. Spiders should be a number one priority for pokemon.
>>
>>27195098
>people's opinions aren't valid unless I say so
?
>>
Most of the Johto dex. You can tell they were scrapped gen 1 mons, the quality is so low across the board.
>>
>>27195120
Charizard and Pikachu were tiring but at some point people bitching about them got more tiring. And I can have an opinion about that.
>>
>>27195128
Any that didn't feel this way to you?
>>
>>27195138
I can just as easily say people that bitch about people that bitch about popular Pokémon is also tiring.
What's your point?
>>
File: tips fedora.png (54 KB, 229x254) Image search: [Google]
tips fedora.png
54 KB, 229x254
>>27194876
I'm alright with Charizard, Pikachu, and Mewtwo just because, while they're forced nowadays, they at least earned their popularity initially and the pandering didn't kick in until after said popularity was proven.

Fuck Lucario, though, it's been handed everything for free since the moment it was designed. I was indifferent at first, even used it on my team in Black 2 since it was an early Fighting-type and they took a bit of a break from the pandering in Gen V (until the very end where it killed Ash's League chances sending him into yet another restart), but I'm so sick of it by now, I hope they take another break for at least Gen 7 and we don't get another XY.
>>
>>27195128
>Ampharos
>Furret
>Hoothoot
>Marill
>Octillery
>motherfucking Feraligatr

Shut your bitch ass up. I may not be too fond of the region itself, but Johto had quality 'mons.
>>
>Sylveon
That second bow on the ear ruined the design for me. Still okay though.
>Finneon & Lumineon
The only pokemon I forget
>Aromatisse & Slurpuff
The same short fat designs. Could have done better
>>
Lucario. I just can't find him as badass as GF wants me to think he is. He's a blue rastafarian fox wearing shorts, and I'm supposed to think he's the most badass stoic warrior in the world?
I guess I didn't feel like things were pushed over the limit till the whole XY thing, where he is forced onto the player and there's literally a giant statue worshipping him.
>>
>>27195098
I'll do you one better and say that galvantula is shit too. Every spider Pokemon is boring out of their fucking mind and a cool spider Pokemon would actually make me pretty happy, I just feel like they might have buried the fucking concept.
>>
>>27194876
i fucking hate the mega evolutions they look cool but the idea they revert back is dumb
this is pokemon not digimon
>>
File: Hoopa.png (147 KB, 400x480) Image search: [Google]
Hoopa.png
147 KB, 400x480
>>27194876
>What Pokémon do you dislike?
Dislike? Actually, you know what? It's time for some rage. I FUCKING HATE HOOPA. THAT PIECE OF SHIT NEEDS TO BE DEPORTED TO YU GI OH. IT IS THE WORST DESIGN IN RECENT YEARS.
>>
>>27195868
>yugioh
>deportation
Puh-leaze
>>
Shitnaught
>>
Just Luvdisc but I think that's just younger me hanging onto a grudge. I love pokemon just on the basis that they're pokemon. I am a shameless gamefreak apologist because pokemon is one of the few constants I have in a very scary world. It's comforting to know that I will always have 720+ cute pals to adventure with even when things are looking very grim.
>>
>>27195128
This. There some good ones, but overall most of the dex is complete and utter garbage.
>>
>>27195128
This. Also got to mention Shitorita.
>>
>>27195956
Gen 7 thoughts?
>>
>>27195868

not sure if it's bait, but hoopa looks like made during 1st gen...
>>
>people hating on charzard just because normies and genwunners like it

Christ it's not his fault he's so cool and lovable.
>>
>>27196025
>but hoopa looks like made during 1st gen...
Not at all. Compare Hoopa to the Generation 1 legandaries. Notice how, in general, simplistic the designs are. The real question is are YOU baiting?
>>
>>27196045
I don't hate him because he's popular, I hate him because he's shoved in my face
>>
>>27195018
i know, such a shit marketing tactic.
>>
>>27194876
I loathe Kingdra and any of it's pre evolutions.
>playing Pokemon Emerald
>made it to the final gym
>easily got through the puzzles
>made it to the gym leader
>easily destroy his pokemon
>brings out Kingdra
>freezes my all of my Pokemon and constantly lowering my accuracy
I eventually beat the bastard, and I despise Kingdra to this day. And RNG.
>>
>>27195128
I like most of them but what anon said is especially true when it comes to their stats.

I'm no competitive fag but so many Johto pokemons are weak even compared to other mons. Ledyba line, Spinarak line, Dunsparce, Unown, all the baby pokemons, Delibird, etc. They do feel like scrapped designs, especially since so many of them don't evolve yet look like they should.
>>
File: image.png (53 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.png
53 KB, 250x250
It doesn't look like a Pokemon. At all.
>>
>>27196086
I just noticed that it looks like it pissed on itself.
>>
>>27195047
> luminose
That's not a Pokemon, anon.
>>
File: 250px-206Dunsparce.png (51 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-206Dunsparce.png
51 KB, 250x250
I used to like Dunsparce until in the newest Gen I realized that the two spikes weren't his mouth and now I hate the design
>>
I hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE Quilladin, Delphox, and Cubchoo

I'm a sucker for Pokemon and like nearly every single design (I unironically love the Vanilite line), but there's just something about these that I fucking despise
>>
>>27195868
this. hoopa unbound has got to be the worst thing to come out of Pokemon
>>
Charizard has always been one of my favourites.
I really feel that only contrarians hate him, not that I'm saying anyone should love it. For example, I never got the hype about Blastoise, but it's ok. If you feel that way about Charizard, that's cool.
But the butthurt over Charizard always seems so childish.
>>
I don't like,
>Charizard
>Mr.Mime
>Goodra
>Hoopa
But that's really it
>>
Arceus. I hate what he's done to the Pokemon lore. I really feel that the tone of the franchise is changed just by him existing. Pokemon got along just fine without deities and all that nonsense and then Game Freak thought it'd be a good idea to introduce a GOD OF ALL POKEMON. It just seems outlandish to me.
>>
Mr. Mime
Jynx
Nosepass
Probopass

Every other Pokemon I at least can tolerate if not actually like. These four rub me the wrong way, especially the nosepass line, because at least Mime Jr. is badass and Smoochum is decent whereas all that nosepass has is a fucking nose.
>>
>>27196056

then compare gyarados to hoopa ;]
>>
File: bruh jojo.png (332 KB, 411x411) Image search: [Google]
bruh jojo.png
332 KB, 411x411
>>27196218
....they're not?
>>
>>27195868
Normal Hoopa I have no issues with. He's simple and cute. Fits the psychic/ghost motif.

This thing is just an eyesore. His face looks like some Ganondorf shit and he's got these weird nipple things on the sides of his body, not to mention that lizard like tail. He bares almost no resemblance to Hoopa itself.

I might have less of a problem with it if it wasn't a mega.
>>
>>27195499
anon, are you me?
>>
>>27197456
>he's got these weird nipple things on the sides of his body
A concealed arm, anon.
>>
Charizard's okay, I did initially liked him, but that's mostly me being a Fire type starter hogger, but I have to agree on him being kind of overrated.

Is it weird I always thought it would be nice for Game Freak to come up with a starter that happens to be a even match with Charizard type wise, with as much raw power Charizard could have? A colossal fight between titans, fuck, that'd be nice. A starter from back then which was incredibly popular against a starter from nowadays who also happens to get this sudden popularity rise.

at first, I thought Greninja would fit the bill, but he's more of a sneaky type and his typing doesn't really have that equal typing fight potential

only thing that can possibly counter charizard in that sense would be a Water/Fighting type, since Water beats Fire, but Flying beats Fighting

And then there's Charizard's X Mega which turns into Fire/Dragon, unless Water/Fighting just so happened to turn into Water/Fairy in its mega, making it a equal fight again, I think
>>
>>27197652

never mind, I goofed on that last part because water/fairy completely demolishes fire/dragon when the typing contrast should be equal from both sides
>>
Lickitung and lickilicky, because I hate their stupid fucking names and their awful, ugly design. I've not got a valid reason beyond that, I just hate looking at them.
>>
I literally stopped playing my Soul Silver version after I got a female wobbufet from the pokewalker. The red lips felt lazy and forced just to show gender difference.

I don't think you could swap pictures in the strangley confusing new pokedex that wasn't in the original?

That and heart tailed pikachus. I'm not sorry.
>>
>>27196549
Gyarados is not a generation 1 legendary.
>>
Any meme pokemon like Dunsparce
>>
Truthfully? The Chimchar line.
I have never liked monkeys, so we can count Primeape and Mankey in there as well.

I do not know why, I just carry an irrational dislike of them, and it gets really, really strong sometimes. I'm fine with pretty much the other 717 pokes.
>>
>>27197456
Hoopa Unbound is not a mega.
>>
I hate most rodent pokemon with the exception of Raticate, I despise the stupid pikaclones that are guaranteed every generation.

That new electric hedgehog honestly looks like a fakemon to me. I could maybe forgive the design of it didn't have that retarded looking back-tail.

I don't like Chestnaught at all, it's cemented itself as my least favorite starter of all time. I just hate the way it looks, all there is to it.
>>
>>27194876
I hate Shitpert. It's ugly and makes the other Hoenn starters look bad by association.
>>
>>27194876
Pineco. I just dislike the design.
>>
>>27194876
Feel the same way.

Charizard is the pokemon equivalent of a summer blockbuster. Overhyped, overpushed, and when you finally go to see what the deal is, you leave with something that, while not offensively bad, isn't very good at all, completely living off of hype alone.
>>
>>27204590
While i'm at it, while i dont hate the other two as much, Blastoise and Venusair have always just been pretty boring to me, and aren't very fun to use.
>>
>>27195047
Luminose?????????????
>>
>>27195047
What is luminose? What did you mean by that?
>>
>>27196025
You are retarded
>>
>>27194876
Lucario
Charizard
Infernape
>>
>>27195932
>>27195992
>>27201931
Try to be more creative than just replacing one of the syllables of things you don't like with "shit."
>>
>I hate this becuase it's popular

Bunch of faggots
>>
>>27194876
Togedemaru. They couldn't even give it proper spines. Or arms. Or legs. Or a body. Fuck it's whole design is complete trash.
>>
File: image.jpg (381 KB, 1280x1264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
381 KB, 1280x1264
>>27194876
Most of the event legendaries. A couple like Mew and Darkrai are pretty cool but most are poorly designed and have shitty gimmicks attached to them.
>>
>>27195868
I actually really dug this dude. It's just kinda silly, the lil hoopa just god damn EXPLODING INTO BIG BOY GENIE MON
>>
>>27196086
Now this one offends me.
>>
>>27196248
I dig the vanillite line aside from the 3rd evo. It's tooo muchhh, they had a good thing goin!
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.