[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon Sun & Moon Hype Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: solgaleo.png (584 KB, 796x472) Image search: [Google]
solgaleo.png
584 KB, 796x472
Let's get hyped for the new games, talk about the things we already know and speculate about those we don't know yet (try to keep it within reason)

Things to look forward to

-Aesthetically:
>No more chibi models for humans
>Pretty much all of what we've seen of the overworld looks much better than Gen 6
>Camera angles look less awkward
>Most of the new Pokémon revealed so far have been appealing to most of us

-Content:
>The number of Pokémon already revealed, plus the evolutions some of them are guaranteed to get, plus the ones that have been referenced (Yungoos' rival) make it seem the number of new Pokémon will be around 80-100 at least
>Trainer Customization confirmed to be back (AND it seems you can take off the hat!)
>New interesting abilities and type combinations

Lore/Plot:
>All the Islands have a guardian that you will encounter and probably battle
>In the E3 trailer we see the starting island holding a ceremony in the name of Tapu Koko
>Probably the other islands will have similar traditions as well

Things to speculate about:
>Rotom Dex's features
>Effect of the new abilities we yet don't know (Fluffy and Disguise)
>Solgaleo's Radiant Sun phase
>Lunala's Full Moon Phase

What are you hyped about?
>>
>>27194041
>What are you hyped about?

POKEWAIFUS
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 512x384
>>27194041
I'm fucking loving the way the region looks so far now that we're finally not grid-locked anymore.
It makes the games feel so much more, real? Would that be the right word?
It honestly looks to be the nicest looking game yet, and I hope everything else ends up being great to.

I'll say that at the very least it already looks MILES better than XY, but then again XY looked fucking amazing compared to BW, so I hope I don't get disappointed again.
Honestly if we get more than 100 new Pokemon I'll be happy.
>>
>>27194041
I hope they improve the breeding features already, possibly add in a system based around selling pokemon for in game currency rather than just trading them,

>tfw being able to track your pokemons genetic lineage
>selling off their off spring
>traveling to the deepest darkest cavern depths and releasing the duds to a fate unkown
>>
>>27194041
>80-100
Yeah, no.
100+ or its shit.
>>
>>27194106
I am so glad the grid-locked movement is gone. I started a new playthrough of Y the other day, and damn, the movement looks a lot worse. It wasn't that bad in ORAS because you could avoid being grid-locked simply by not using the D-Pad, but there's no way out of it in XY other than the roller blades.

>>27194173
Not a fan of the idea of selling your Pokémon, but I would love being able to see their genetic lineage. Although it probably looks cooler in my head.

>>27194224
I would love to get 100+ Pokémon, but you never know.
>>
I'm hyped for everything. I just want more news. that's all I want right now. Wasn't something supposed to happen today according to the latest trailer?
>>
>>27194104
>what do we know about the games?
>posts obvious fakemon
you serious?
>>
>>27194041
>Pokemon Sun & Moon Hype Thread
Fuck off, this is a Pokemon GO board only!
>>
>>27194314
>Not a fan of the idea of selling your Pokémon, but I would love being able to see their genetic lineage. Although it probably looks cooler in my head.

Hell I'd go one step further than just selling, I'd suggest being able to rent out pokemon to other players for breeding purposes.
>>
>>27194041
Another think I really liked from the E3 gameplay, is that the MC's walking animation changes if when you are climbing a hill or something like that. I love those little details
>>
>>27194387
pokemon go will die off in a month or two
>>
File: 1465195386075.jpg (37 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1465195386075.jpg
37 KB, 600x600
>>27194387
Get back to your containment thread faggot. We own this board so you will respect us. Not the other way around.
>>
Truth be told, I'm curious with how they'll handle this alleged fifth move business. Will this be like a Mega Evolution deal where you can have it on one pokemon per team and on very specific pokemon?
>>
I'm surprised that GF is adding the shirtless option this gen when the PC are obviously very young, would have made more sense in XY with Calem in his late teens.
>>
>>27194543
>adding the shirtless option this gen
source?
>>
>>27194579
His ass.
>>
File: image.gif (806 KB, 540x240) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
806 KB, 540x240
>>27194579
>>27194615
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 400x400
>>27194383
>>
>>27194104
>>27194383
I will honestly laugh so fucking hard if this turns out to be real. And than abruptly begin to sob at the fact that this is real.
>>
>>27194041
I'm excited for all the potential for brown cuties.

Also the hype for the plot line, I am hoping it gets really exciting and adventurous.
>>
As much as i love everything we saw so far nothing really blew me away. It looks like they polished everything after gen 6 but thats something obvious, you wouldnt expect a worse looking game so its natural it look better

The features from gen 6 are back and its good because GF didnt cut them out for once but again it isnt anything mndblowing. Riding Pokemon, amie and customization were in gen 6, they just polished them.

Rotom dex is a surprise so i'll give them that but aside from that im still waiting for something unique and exciting (and no im not talking about the new moves dance thingy)
>>
What are you doing to prepare for Sun/Moon?

I've already injected/organized a Pokebank of all 721 Pokemon (competitive sets & level 100 on all of them) to fill my Pokedex. Along with that, I've got a box dedicated for utility (HM slaves, EV trainers, Breeders, etc...), and a box for my favorite Pokemon. ALSO I have like 10 boxes of bribes (shiny legendaries, 6 IV Dittos, etc...) to help fill my Alola Pokedex.

Is there anything else I should do?
>>
>>27195393
Rub one out?
>>
I'm excited as fuck for the games. Mostly all the new pokes, like the death hug bear thing.

Also, I heard there were rumours about there being sidequests, and I think that would be a very welcome addition.
>>
I'm excited for shirtless.
>>
So i just checked Serebii

Apparently there's a guidebook that also includes a map poster of the alola region
Anyone know if this map will be available outside of japan in any way?
>>
>>27195393
I'm super late to the game and I've just started playing AS for the very first time two weeks ago, so that's what I'm doing right now. I already had the living dex I finished with XY in Bank, so I'm basically just fucking around with the new megas and stuff.

I still need to win all Super Challenges in the Maison (stopped caring about it in XY when I got all the items I needed), so I'm trying to do that as well. I hate the triple, multi and rotation battle challenes though. The battles take fucking forever.
>>
>>27194104
fuck off furfag
>>
>>27194224
>99 new pokemon
>its shit
retarded detected
>>
>>27194405
no
>>
>>27197731
Australia getting a special edition that includes the steelbook and game guide
>>
>>27198310
yes
>>
>>27198318
Alright, but what about Europe? Do we get any good preorder stuff, or any other way of getting that map?
>>
>>27194041
>>The number of Pokémon already revealed, plus the evolutions some of them are guaranteed to get, plus the ones that have been referenced (Yungoos' rival) make it seem the number of new Pokémon will be around 80-100 at least
Revealed: 21
Undoubtable: 6 starter evos, 3 legends
Deducable: Yungoosrival, Rockruff evo, Pikipeck evo,
Assumptions: 2 fossils+ evos, 1 three-stage pseudo, one signature poke for every special trainer (13)
Total: 53

Have i left something out? How the hell did anyone get 80 pokemon from what we've had revealed so far?
>>
>>27194041
>Trainer Customization confirmed to be back (AND it seems you can take off the hat!)
Here's hoping male characters get actual customisation options this time.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.