[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does anyone else wish that they would just make it so all pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
does anyone else wish that they would just make it so all pokemon speak english already?
it's so fucking bizzare and jarring that they currently don't.
>>
>>27189689
pokemon making growls and cries > pokemon speaking regularly > pokemon saying their names over and over

Anything is better than saying their names like retards. It makes sense that their easier to market and cheaper to write dialog for but it's stupid. If they can say their name in a language they have the vocal and verbal capacity to at least say a few more words.
>>
Because then people would be arguing about how much Pokemon is ripping off Digimon.
>>
>>27189741
>If they can say their name in a language they have the vocal and verbal capacity to at least say a few more words.
In universe they're probably just named after what they say.
>>
>>27189689
what made meowth so special?
>>
>>27189788

Sheer, unbridled determination and misguided love.

He's not unique though. Remember that Slowking?
>>
File: 1408295672202.jpg (7 KB, 210x250) Image search: [Google]
1408295672202.jpg
7 KB, 210x250
>>27189788
Nothing made him special. And as a kid I thought that was inspirational as fuck. He was just a stray, and he taught himself to speak. No help, just determination.
>>27189837
Aren't all Slowking canonically geniuses though?
>>
>>27189775
I've thought about that but animals (assuming pokemon are analogous to animals) have a range of vocalizations that humans can't match. If I can say everything a pikachu can say then a pikachu can say some of what I can say. The expressiveness and range of pokemon speech correlates directly with human speech.
>>
>>27189788
Checked. Technically nothing. Other than some of the legendarys like Mewtwo, I specifically recall at least Slowking being able to speak human in Pokemon 2000.

Keep in mind all Pokemon understand human already. I would venture to guess any Pokemon could speak if it truly learned. Its just that 99% of the time Pokemon that are not wild, are constantly training for battle or contests or trade skills.

In-universe there could simply be no reasonable explanation for being able to speak human being a unique or rare ability, otherwise as the old meme goes, it would make no sense for a special Talking Pokemon to be sent on missions to capture a dime-a-dozen Pikachu, regardless of how powerful it may or may not be.
>>
>>27189865
>When its head was bitten, toxins entered Slowpoke's head and unlocked an extraordinary power.

He's just on Adderall.
>>
>>27189689
No. You have shit taste, faggot.
>>
>>27189689
It seems like it would be a bit silly to retcon Pokemon saying their names entirely.

Though I have to admit, I'd like it if they used cries during battles.
>>
>>27189968
>He's just on Adderall
>>
I like that Pokemon are mostly just feral animals with superpowers. Them speaking would take away from that.
>>
>>27189689
They talked in the first manga ever wich is still going to this day. Admitedly it there are a lot of differencs because it started so early in the franchise.
The only exception is Pikachu. I think he can only say his own name. May have been the inspiration for the all the pokemon doing that in the anime.
>>
>>27189788
he didn't even need to learn english he just spent a few days taking an enunciation class.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.