[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've seen lots of people complain about Pokemon GO. It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: pokemon-go.jpg (46 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-go.jpg
46 KB, 960x540
I've seen lots of people complain about Pokemon GO. It's not that bad, people are out exercising and Pokemon has become even more popular. Hell, even my brother who hasn't played in years is back into the series and is playing through Platinum. Why are some people opposed to more people enjoying Pokemon?
>>
>>27185879
Because I foolishly had my hopes raised that Niantic would be competent and not change the battle system.

Seriously, when POKEMON isn't casual enough for the general populace, something is wrong.
>>
>>27185879
Because a lot of people here are secretly hipsters who don't want Pokemon to become mainstream again
>>
>>27185879
>Why are some people opposed to more people enjoying Pokemon?

because people got used to Pokemon not being a hugely popular thing and now they hate "normies" playing it because they can't feel like a super unique hipster by playing it now
>>
>>27185879
That's cool.

Now get the fuck off.
>>
They were too lazy to ship the game with battling and trading.
>>
because modern pokemon fans are super anti-gen 1 because 99% of the fans who like gen 1 the best have left
>>
>>27185963
>>27185976
pokemon has never been a niche.
>>
File: 11.png (49 KB, 476x296) Image search: [Google]
11.png
49 KB, 476x296
>>27185879
I'm opposed to what this will do to the mainline games. Even if they don't just become full mobile (GF clearly wanted that even before GO, given the demographic they're aiming at) the games are still going to become more casual, with more genwun pandering, and the damages probably won't get fixed until Gen 10 or 11 at minimum, if it ever gets fixed at all, because it would have to die down to get fixed and it may not do that.

Pokémon GO is doomsday for the quality of the franchise.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.