[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fan Made Horror-Themed Region and Pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 18
File: VampireNighthawk_1280x1024.jpg (164 KB, 1280x923) Image search: [Google]
VampireNighthawk_1280x1024.jpg
164 KB, 1280x923
The ride never ends. Feedback is appreciated.

*Barzalor*

One – The Concept –

Loosely inspired by the horror film genre, cryptozoology, medieval Europe, and the fictionalized version of Transylvania. The name Barzalor comes from the Hungarian word for horror, as Hungarian is the spoken language of Transylvania. Like Transylvania in early horror movies, much of this region is dark and foreboding.

Two – The Pokemon –

-Grass/Rock Starter Monkey -> Chimp -> -Gorilla
-Water/Fighting Starter Frilled Axolotl -> Alligator Newt -> Emperor Newt
-Fire/Fairy Starter Rabbit -> Hare -> Flemish Giant Rabbit
-Flying/Electric Duck -> Stork -> Shoebill 3-stage
-Bug/Dragon Ambush Bug 3-stage 600 BST Pseudo-Legend
-Rock/Electric Fossil Indricotherium 2-stage
-Rock/Water Fossil Temnospondyls Prionosuchus 2-stage
-Dark/Fighting Numbat -> Tasmanian Devil -> Tasmanian Tiger 3-stage
-Fighting/Fairy Capoeira fighting girl 1-stage
-Fighting/Electric Brazilian Jiu Jitsu fighting boy 1-stage
-Grass/Fire Jack o’ Lantern -> Spring-heeled Jack 2-stage
-Dark/Fairy Mothman 2-stage
-Dark/Ghost Manananggal 2-stage
-Dark/Poison Tengu 2-stage
-Normal/Fairy Tanuki 2-stage

Pokemon continued in next post
>>
Part 2

-Normal Shiba Inu Puppy 3-stage w/branch evolutions at stage 2 if knocked out while you have a pokemon of the corresponding type in your party
-->Normal/Rock Shiba Inu BST: 75/90/60/75/60/90 -> 90/125/80/90/80/125
-->Normal/Ground Kishu Inu BST: 90/90/75/60/75/60 -> 125/125/90/80/90/80
-->Normal/Poison Shikoku Inu BST: 90/60/75/60/75/90 -> 125/90/80/80/90/125
-->Normal/Steel American Akita BST: 75/60/90/60/90/75 -> 90/80/125/80/125/90
-->Normal/Ghost Kai Inu BST: 60/60/75/90/75/90 -> 80/80/90/125/90/125
-->Normal/Fighting Hokkaido Inu BST: 60/90/75/90/75/60 -> 80/125/90/125/90/80
-Water/Poison Goblin Shark 2-stage
-Water/Fire Mantis Shrimp 2-stage
-Water/Bug Tiger Prawn 2-stage
-Electric/Fighting Cheetah 2-stage Rival of honey badger
-Ground/Fighting Honey Badger 2-stage Rival of cheetah
-Ice/Fighting Snow Leopard 2-stage Rival of wolverine
-Fire/Fighting Wolverine 2-stage Rival of snow leopard
-Ghost Hanged man 1-stage
-Ground/Fairy Markhor 2-stage
-Dragon/Poison Gila Monster -> Thorny Dragon -> Komodo Dragon 3-stage
-Fairy Langur Chato 1-stage Rival of bush viper
-Dark/Poison Bush Viper 1-stage Rival of langur chato
-Electric/Ice Quokka -> Tree Kangaroo 2-stage Pikachu Clone
-Water/Grass Coconut Crab 3-stage
-Ground/Dark Babirusa 2-stage
-Grass/Steel Red Muntjac 2-stage
-Steel/Psychic Glaucus Atlanticus 2-stage w/Levitate
-Flying/Grass Fox-Faced Bat 1-stage
-Flying/Dark Vampire Bat 1-stage
-Ice/Psychic Gerenuk 2-stage
-Flying/Ground Bearded Vulture 2-stage
-Bug/Psychic Aggressive Crab Spider 2-stage
-Bug/Dark Silkworm -> Cocoon -> Death’s-Head Hawkmoth 3-stage
-Bug/Flying Beetle 2-stage Different evolutions, based on Stone
-->Bug/Fire Firefly
-->Bug/Electric Lightning Bug

Legendaries in Next post
>>
Legends

-Poison/Fire Werewolf Legendary Trio
-Poison/Psychic Vampire Legendary Trio
-Poison/Rock Gargoyle Legendary Trio
-Fairy/Flying Bird of Paradise Foe of Legendary Trio
-Ghost/Psychic Wendigo Second Legendary Trio
-Ghost/Fighting Chupacabra Second Legendary Trio
-Ghost/Dragon Jersey Devil Second Legendary Trio
-Fairy Elf Foe of Second Legendary Trio
-Ground Centaur / Horseman of Famine (black in color)
-Poison Centaur / Horseman of Pestilence (white in color)
-Fire Centaur / Horseman of War (red in color)
-Dark Centaur / Horseman of Death (greenish-gray in color)
-Dragon/Fairy Imoogi / Benevolent Korean Dragon Foe of Malevolent Forces

The new Pokemon, 107 total, were conceptualized to be part region-specific and part Pokemon-friendly. The horror monsters and cryptids are obviously meant to be central to the region.
If you’re curious as to the thought process behind specific Pokemon, feel free to ask. I tried to put a good amount of creativity into each one. For instance, you may be wondering why a Mothman pokemon would be Dark/Fairy instead of Dark/Flying. Well my thinking was that the Mothman is seen as a harbinger of terrible things, but the lore behind it says that the Mothman actually warns of terrible things before they happen.

Next is Lore
>>
Three – The Lore –
Barzalor is a large region in a valley, with several large cities and many small towns. At the center of the region is a very tall, black mountain, and surrounding the mountain is a dense, dark forest that is covered in a thick fog. The mountain and forest are said to be places of great evil, and many fiendish pokemon reside there. Most residents of the region dare not enter the forest, let alone scale the mountain, and their fears are stoked by frequent raids on nearby towns from cruel pokemon. These pokemon storm forth from the forest and attack nearby towns, usually stealing food, tainting wells and damaging crops.
Halfway up the mountain, upon a large plateau lies an ancient castle. It looms over the villages below like a shadow and is said to house evil, immortal pokemon and the spirit of the tyrant who once controlled the entire region.
Throughout the mountain are caverns and cave systems that can be used to traverse higher or lower.
Under the mountain is an underground lake said to house a mythical pokemon that is tasked with keeping evil at bay. But where is that pokemon now, when it’s needed so badly?
Two groups of three malevolent pokemon have always been kept at bay by two benevolent guardians, but those guardians have disappeared and the two trios are free to wreak havoc.
The forest surrounding the mountain is maze-like and holds many secrets.
The northernmost area of the region is a cold, snowy plateau with just a few small towns. It is home to wise clerics who know much of the evil in the region.
The southernmost area of the region is bounded by a powerful river and dotted with several lakes. This area is more tropical and sunny.

Lore continued in next post
>>
The easternmost area is the hub of modernity for the region and is home to the largest city and towns. The inhabitants of this area consider themselves far removed from the problems caused by the mountain and dark forest.
The westernmost area of the region is more rural but is home to the region’s second largest city. This is where raids from the forest are most common.
Gym leaders are the protectors of their cities and towns, often taking on the role of mayor as well. They earn their titles by being the best trainers.

Four – The Flavor –
The story of the “game” would revolve around getting more powerful and gathering the gym leaders and Elite 4 to traverse the dark forest, climb the mountain and defeat the evil pokemon that are spreading chaos. The “third-game cover legendary,” the Dragon/Fairy Imoogi, would be awakened by your struggle/the goodness in your heart and aid you to defeat the “Horsemen.”
The “Horsemen” are able to make wild pokemon of all types but Fairy and Fighting became violent and subservient to their will. Dark, Ghost and Dragon pokemon are especially susceptible. Their goal is to make the people of the region leave so it can be ruled by pokemon again.
There are 13 legendary pokemon total, and 2 trios of evil pokemon for a specific reason. Six and 13 are numbers commonly associated with evil/misfortune.
At the start, after getting your first pokemon, you meet a strange young girl who speaks cryptically about the spreading evil and how important you are. Every time you have to venture into the forest for story reasons you encounter her again and she gives you warnings. At the end it turns out that she was the Imoogi all along but had forgotten who she really was.
The puppy pokemon is a lot like Eevee in that it has many branch evos, except I wanted it to feel more a part of the region so, it has to “die” to evolve, rather than touch a stone or be very happy.

Flavor continued in next post
>>
There are a lot of Fighting and Fairy pokemon because they represent the antithesis of darkness(Dark is weak to Fighting, Fairy is the type of goodness).
A number of the pokemon started as just unused type combinations. I would come up with the typing and then look for interesting animals to fit.
A lot of the pokemon are specifically based on endangered species. That’s because I think GameFreak should use their platform to inform kids of the extinction event that’s happening right now. Animals are going extinct at an alarming rate because of what humans are doing to the planet.
I made the Pikachu-clone a Quokka as sort of a joke. The Quokka is such a stupidly friendly animal that it’s going extinct because will go right up to predators to play with them. Google it.
I made a Death’s-Head Hawkmoth pokemon because that’s the moth from Silence of the Lambs.
The Water/Grass Coconut Crab grows coconuts on its body and throws them as weapons and eats them as snacks. :^)

End.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (362 KB, 1280x908) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
362 KB, 1280x908
I like your idea, but it feels too dark even if it's inspired in horror.
If you look at YGO Ghostricks, you see that lighter horror themed monsters can be easily made.
But in a general sense, I really like it. Would play.
>>
File: 1467739177044.gif (1 MB, 315x315) Image search: [Google]
1467739177044.gif
1 MB, 315x315
tl;dr
>>
File: Elf - Bloom Tender.jpg (260 KB, 1280x799) Image search: [Google]
Elf - Bloom Tender.jpg
260 KB, 1280x799
>>27185069
I don't want it to seem grimdark at all. I just don't have the artistic skills to draw the region to give a sense of tone. Only the center of the region, with the mountain and forest is gloomy and dark. The rest of the region is just like any other Pokemon setting. That's why I added the 4 surrounding areas, to give variety and a respite from the gloom. I also made sure to make the horror-inspired pokemon the minority.
>>27185099
ok m8 i'll go cry while i masturb8
>>
File: tanukiinsnow.jpg.838x0_q80.jpg (76 KB, 838x591) Image search: [Google]
tanukiinsnow.jpg.838x0_q80.jpg
76 KB, 838x591
>>
File: Goblin Shark.gif (1 MB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
Goblin Shark.gif
1 MB, 660x371
>>
File: Bush Viper.jpg (283 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Bush Viper.jpg
283 KB, 1280x800
>>
File: Langur-Chato.jpg (56 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
Langur-Chato.jpg
56 KB, 640x426
>>
File: Temnospondyls Prionosuchus.jpg (21 KB, 600x287) Image search: [Google]
Temnospondyls Prionosuchus.jpg
21 KB, 600x287
>>
File: indricotherium.jpg (50 KB, 400x270) Image search: [Google]
indricotherium.jpg
50 KB, 400x270
>>27186444
>>
File: babirusa.jpg (118 KB, 600x395) Image search: [Google]
babirusa.jpg
118 KB, 600x395
>>
File: markhor.jpg (3 MB, 3606x3648) Image search: [Google]
markhor.jpg
3 MB, 3606x3648
>>
I like it, but you should have an artist do some designs to make people give more of a shit.
>>
>>27184479
Kinda autism but it was a good read OP.
>>
File: Apocalypse_vasnetsov.jpg (634 KB, 2290x1200) Image search: [Google]
Apocalypse_vasnetsov.jpg
634 KB, 2290x1200
>>27190493
Why do you say it's autistic? Is it not organized or communicated well enough? I sometimes under-explain things because I already know them in my head and don't think to explain them well enough to others.
>>
File: Wendigo_flatFV.jpg (508 KB, 1545x1600) Image search: [Google]
Wendigo_flatFV.jpg
508 KB, 1545x1600
>>
File: spring_heeled_jack9.jpg (44 KB, 479x640) Image search: [Google]
spring_heeled_jack9.jpg
44 KB, 479x640
>>
File: QUOKKA-HAPPIEST-ANIMAL-facebook.jpg (131 KB, 400x490) Image search: [Google]
QUOKKA-HAPPIEST-ANIMAL-facebook.jpg
131 KB, 400x490
>>
>>27184479
>pokemon: jeff the killer version

nah
>>
So a shitty version of SMT?
>>
I really like this, do you know how to hack room?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.