[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: shit.jpg (187 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
187 KB, 1280x720
Origins was ruined by mega evolution.
>>
Origins was ruined since they said it would be only 4 episodes
>>
File: Bidoof.png (159 KB, 600x518) Image search: [Google]
Bidoof.png
159 KB, 600x518
Mega evolution was the best thing to happen to pokemon since the physical/special split
>>
Pokemon is alot easier than it used to be.
>>
>>27183726
Mega evolution is fine but it shouldn't have been used in a retelling of the original game's story
>>
BW are the best games in the franchise and are massively held back by the "linearity xD" meme.
>>
It was a good reveal, I guess...
>>
>>27183765
I don't know, anon. I love Gen 5, but I do see where people are coming from with the linearity complaint. Especially in BW. It just feels more restrictive and less fun on a second playthrough.
>>
People seem way too hasty to jump on the X/Y OR/AS hate.
>>
>>27183671
I don't think it was.

Let's face it, Mega Evolutions is a thing now, so doing a minor retcon like this isn't really that bad. Plus, it highlights the power level of Mewtwo. There was a real disservice done in relegating the Bird Trio being captured to literally powerpoint transitions.

My real complaint is that he didn't use the Silphco. Master Ball to capture him.
>>
*unsheathes opinions*

ORAS is great and tied with Emerald. It'd surpass Emerald if the frontier was in.

XY gym battle theme is among the best in the series

Gen 5 has the best human designs in the series

Barry is the best rival

Gen 6 EXP share is a great addition

Hoenn and Sinnoh are the most fun regions to explore

The Safari Zone mechanics were terrible and I am glad Gen 5 god rid of it and it did not return in ORAS.

Shota Kageyama and Hitomi Sato are the best composers

Pokemon Crystal has the best opening + title screen
>>
>>27184153
no
yes
no
no
no
yes
yes
yes
yes
>>
>>27183671
That's a fucking retarded opinion. Origins was already shit, Megas being present in the last 3 minutes of the last part doesn't ruin anything.
>>
ORAS is better than emerald

Mega evolution is okay, it just needs to be distributed to more pokemon

DP should be remade

All gens are awesome and have their own charm
>>
>>27184219
I liked origins, but the fact that they put a gen 6 thing in something based off gen 1 ruined it.
>>
>>27184153
maybe
yes
BW, not 2
lolno
it would be if it was a post-game item for breeding/raising/evolution pokedex completion, not at the start
yes
very yes
yes
i want to be inside suicune
>>
>Gen 1 is the best generation because of the pokemon design, music, atmosphere and world building
>Pokemon snap is the best spinoff game
>Pokemon Special > The Anime
>origins was ruined because of cheap digital animation and lack of episodes
>>
>>27183671
Origins was bad from the beginning desu.
>>
>>27184153
>Gen 6 EXP share is a great addition
...and ruined.
*Unleashes Opinion*
Exp share is shit. It condone players to not use other pokemon for 90% of the journey.
Players can literally just use one pokemon, ohko other pokemon from overlevel, while the rest of the party has HM and still keep up with playthrough level. Players, especially newbs, are not going to learn how to use varieties of pokemon and deeper gameplay mechanic along the journey.
>>
Charizard will also be the most shilled pokemon for whatever reason venasaur and blastoise only get 15 minutes of fame. Fucking bullshit. If it was red he might as well of had his pokemon silver/gold team. Then give him mega charizard. Instead they choose to switch his team around for God knows what. Just to have charizard be the only chance of winning anything then tie in megas because that's whats hip and happening with the gen 6 crowd, and fans of gen 1 would totally love to see it fight mewtwo while articuno would've been enough to deal with it hell a fucking paracect can deal with mewtwo.
>>
The only good megas are the ones in OU and Ubers.
Origin forms should be givin to all legendarys/mystic pokemon.
>>
>>27184252
Being in color didn't ruin it?
Having gen 3 moves didn't ruin it?
Having almost gen 3 Red didn't ruin it?

>>27184394
This applies to the old one too you know.
>but the new one gives all the exp instead of just apart
It doesn't matter. You still aren't using the other Pokemon.

>Players, especially newbs, are not going to learn how to use varieties of pokemon and deeper gameplay mechanic along the journey.
Players, especially newbs, have been doing "basically starter only" runs of the game since the series came out.
>>
Gen 3 is very overrated.
Gen 1 is underrated in many ways.
Mega Evolution is a huge mistake and should be removed. They should focus on good gameplay throughout the game instead of adding gimmicks to draw in buyers.
>>
>>27184394
Exp. Share should be given to you after the Elite Four.

It's a wonderful tool for Pokedex completion, quickly leveling up shitmons to intermediate and final evolutions, as you said with a OHKO sweeper on high-level trainers.

I really hope they gut it in S&M, or at least up the difficulty of trainers so that you don't outpace them with it on.
>>
Greninja was a mistake
>>
>>27184503
>Gen 1 is underrated in many ways.
If opinions can be wrong, this would be one of them
>>
>>27185393
it gets SO much hate from modern fans to try and distance themselves from the dormant former fans
>>
>>27183671
The physical/special split was the best change in game mechanics and any faults that Gen IV had are excused because of it
>>
>>27185510
one great gameplay mechanic does not excuse those designs and that region
>>
>>27184517
>Exp. Share should be given to you after the Elite Four.
Or you can just not use it until after the E4. Not hard. Why would you take away options from people?
>>
>>27185564
>just don't use it argument
worst argument against gamebreaking easymode babby mechanics ever.

as a player I should be forced to use my logic to play as best as possible, not forcibly gimp myself to feign challenge.
>>
>>27185614
>worst argument against gamebreaking easymode babby mechanics ever.
Buzzword buzzword buzzword buzzword. Look, i made as much sense as you.

Not trading lv100 or 6IV+good moves Pokemon at the start is gimping yourself. After all it's a tool available to me.

Oh: if you ever used ANY Exp.Share in ANY gen, you're just as bad.
>>
>>27185675
I agree, EXP share is babymode and shouldn't exist period

>trading in level 100 pokemon at the start of your first runthru is a mechanic that I can access as easily as equipping an item.

also, nice I AM SILLY
>>
>>27185746
Huh? I can catch a random Pokemon and trade it just as easily. If the game doesn't tell me to not do it and i can do it from the start, why shouldn't i do it?
>>
>>27186026
you should, but it's not something you can do on your first playthrough.
>>
Blaziken and the Kalos starters are easily the worst in the franchise.
>>
>>27186316
Why not? Nothing stops me.
>>
>>27186375
if you want to buy two games then sure, go ahead

or if you mean from previous gens, why not? that's fine, if a bit cheap. you did earn them at some point.
>>
Gen 6 > Gen 5 = Gen 2 > Gen 3 > Gen 1 > Gen 4

The 6th gen starters are well designed and fit well within the Kalos world.

Gen 2 has the blandest, shittiest starters out of all.

IVs are cancer that artificially extends the game due to breeding mechanics and it ruined the game by supporting cheaters

Smogon has the best metagame ruleset and does not deserve hate

Pokemon Go is fun, refreshing and gives the closest feeling to being an adventurer
>>
File: bait.png (295 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
295 KB, 2000x2000
>>27186539
7.8/10 bait too much water
>>
>>27186561
>Opinions thread
But at least you got to use that tired joke
>>
>>27186715
That was my opinion of your opinion. Thank you for sharing your opinion of my opinion of your opinion.
>>
>>27186981
>Thinking a meme is an opinion
Maybe if you made a better case for it rather than being a shitposter
>>
>>27183762
But that is now canon. Don't get so butthurt that they changed a part of the "story" in the original games. If anything it makes it more realistic, because if any Pokemon is going to take down Mewtwo, the strongest Pokemon in the region, it won't be a normal-ass Pokemon. It would be a Mega.

I think they did a good job with introducing the Mega stone in Origins. It was only needed at the end, and only used at the end. It was a good battle.

So your opinion is shit.
>>
File: 1455175262735.png (22 KB, 1000x668) Image search: [Google]
1455175262735.png
22 KB, 1000x668
>RedvsGiovanni.webm
Orgins sucked because they made Red incompetent, he's literally the kid who only used his starter, then complained when he wasn't able to solo the game with it.
Charizard pandering was also full force, Red has pretty much exclusively been shown to have Bulbasaur as his starter with Green getting Charmander.

Megas were handled well compared to everything else, genwunners like >>27184252 getting mad put icing on the cake,
>>
>>27187018
This, if anything making Mewtwo being defeated by a way weaker Pokemon instead of putting up a fight with something on its level makes him sound worse.
>>
>>27184153
yes
no
no
no
yes
first one no second one yes
yes
yes
no
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.