[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be honest, have you spent real money yet? What did you buy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 468x284) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 468x284
Be honest, have you spent real money yet?

What did you buy?
>>
$35. Bought a bag expansion, storage expansion, a bunch of Pokeballs and Lucky Eggs
>>
Not a cent. I've never spent money on microtransactions.
>>
I bought my momma a house
>>
>>27182677

Day 2 I spent 99 cents on 20 pokeballs because there's no stops by me. I had no idea how fast it would go, so it probably won't happen again.

My father bought $5 worth of lure modules to use at his company picnic but there were server issues and they actually double charged him and haven't resolved it yet. Didn't get double coins, either
>>
>>27182677
I'll probably spend $40 since I was in Mexico when the game came out and I'm underleveled compared to a few of my friends.
>>
>>27182677

Thinking about buying them lucky eggs.. I've got a lot of fun out of it.. Guess I could buy their employees a coffee for it.
>>
>>27182693

You're great anon.
>>
Meant to spend $20, but was double-charged. In the process of getting a refund.

Bought pokeballs and bag space.
>>
File: 1468073029789.jpg (152 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1468073029789.jpg
152 KB, 500x500
I'm thinking of buying more bag room and a bunch of incubators.

How do you pay with IOS anyway? Does it use my phone bill or iTunes gift cards?
>>
File: 0148253.png (354 KB, 529x601) Image search: [Google]
0148253.png
354 KB, 529x601
>>27182677
>>
>>27182677
Never spent money on a freemium game, never will.
>>
>>27182732

it charges to itunes
>>
$100 on incubators, lure modules, incense, and lucky eggs. Fuck.
>>
THe only thing worth buying are lucky eggs
>>
>>27182779
I'm thinking of buying this many today as well, grab a bunch of lucky eggs, incubators and lures for other people. I'd also expand the bag to like 500.
>>27182796
So if I bought a $100 gift card, it would take form that correct?
>>
>>27182855
Nope. I had an old 10 gift card that I tried to use. Spent the $10 and it charged to my card on file. The $10 gift card money was still untouched in the App Store
>>
>>27182855
>So if I bought a $100 gift card, it would take form that correct?

Yes

>I'm thinking of buying this many today as well, grab a bunch of lucky eggs, incubators and lures for other people. I'd also expand the bag to like 500.

Do you actually need them? Lures aren't terribly expensive assuming you're not playing this 24/7
>>
about £25. but now i want egg incubators :(
>>
I have had a $50 Play giftcard for months and I don't buy anything on play, so I'll probably just use some of that if I really need it.
>>
>>27182899
I don't have ANY gyms near me, at all. Unless I drive 40 mins away and drop a Pokemon once a day to get 10 coins.
>>
File: 1466396660006.gif (1 MB, 225x124) Image search: [Google]
1466396660006.gif
1 MB, 225x124
>people are spending real money on this shit
>>
>>27182955
See
>>27182948
>>
I'm in a good position where I have a ton of itunes gift cards left over from old christmas & birthday presents.

I don't really buy music & I don't really need to hold onto more than 10-20 for future apps I may need, so I have about 80-90 to spend on the game if I want to.

The way I'm doing it is that I'll get stuff when I need it. I've spent I think 25 on coins which I'm working through slowly, getting stuff as I want/ need it instead of just like... blowing it all because I can on 100 lucky eggs or something.

I have a lucky egg every time I do mass hatching/ evolution without having to worry about running out (I got 8 and am still working through them), if I'm going for a walk with the dog or a drive with friends, I'll pop an incense & if we stop at a nice spot with a few pokestops all within range of a point, I'll drop a lure module or two to just chill for a halfa.

The one thing I did splurge on is about 4-5 incubators. Having 6-7 eggs going at once is awesome & really efficient.

If it was real money I'm spending, I may have put 10 dollars on and only used it for the important stuff or not spent money at all. I think being able to play like this is really fun, not having to worry too much about the resource drought, etc. I definitely don't regret spending money. Now that I'm coming towards the higher levels, I probably don't see myself spending much more, if at all.
>>
I always spend too much on micro transactions so in order to stop myself I set a random password on my phone's parental controls and blocked in-app purchases. Now I can't reset the password without doing a full iPhone backup and reset, which would take multiple hours since I have about 60g of shit on here.

So yeah, no money on Pokemon Go
>>
File: 08639.gif (500 KB, 485x375) Image search: [Google]
08639.gif
500 KB, 485x375
>>27183082
Holy fucking shit
>>
I haven't spent any money and don't plant to any time soon.
I would definitely buy the bag and storage expansion if I felt it was needed.
Also if I was hanging out with my friends in other cities I'd probably but some lure modules and incubators.
>>
I haven't spent a cent, and I don't intend to. If I was going to pay real money I'd wait until Sun and Moon came out.
>>
ITT: cuc.ks
>>
>>27182677

I've spent about ten dollars just buying pokeballs.
>>
I got the $5 thing so I could get some extra incubators.

Fuck getting coins from gyms. Half the time the shit didn't work and it didn't matter anyways because your gym would get taken over in 5 minutes anyways.
>>
I've bought 20 balls, 5 incubators, and a bag upgrade.

Probably going to buy more incubators.
>>
>>27182677
$25
Couple bag expansions. Incubators. Lucky eggs. This is the first time I've ever spent money on a game on my phone. I'll probably limit myself to $25/mo or something.
>>
No need to spend real money when Google Rewards exist.
>>
You can get lucky eggs from PokeStops right?

Also, you get fucked with incubators. You get go many eggs and no way to hatch them all.
>>
>>27182677
Spent $20, got a chunk of incense and lures.
>being autistic over other peoples money
>>
>>27183311
I've never gotten a lucky egg from a pokestop.
>>
>>27183373
>trying to justify your autism by calling others autistist in your insecureness
>>
>>27183419
>insecureness
>>
A big, round number.
>>
Got the $10 bag, but in my defense I used the money from my Google rewards app so nothing out of pocket.
>>
>>27183311
If you can, they're so rare that you might as well not be able to. You can get incubators, though.
>>
>>27183389
I got one just a few pokestops ago, they seem to be rather rare
>>
Owned a gym since day 1 didn't need to
>>
Ive spent 99 cents on some pokeballs when I first started, but then I realized how much potential there was to just waste all my money since I could be tossing away pokeballs with no way of changing it, or just because my finger just slides a bit too far and I completely blow a pokeball for no reason. If I spend any more money on this in the future, it would be with lures probably
>>
>>27182677
Fuck no.
>spending yår hard earned shekels on a smartphone game
>>
I've spent $5 three or four times. I've mostly bought some balls when I got low, a few incubators, and one bag expansion. With what was left, I've bought one or two incense/lucky eggs.
>>
>>27183419
>Projecting
>>
>>27182703

>they actually double charged him
jesus, is this a thing? the list of technical issues keeps getting longer
>>
I give myself a $10 on phone games, since I consider them little games. Bought some pets in fallout shelter and pokeballs here, only time I've every made purchases.
>>
I don't have any consoles, and haven't played or bought any PC games in a long time so I spent $10 because I'm having fun. Upgraded bag to 600 and got some incense. Gonna get some lucky eggs most likely. Heard the grind at 20+ sucks.
>>
Don't think I'll spend any of my own money but if my relatives who barely know me send me an obligatory gift $10 iTunes giftcard for my holidays I'm probably gonna use it on Lucky Eggs and Incubators, maybe lures and incense.

I live in a city so big that gyms get taken in 5 minutes so defender bonuses don't get you much
>>
Just enough to buy a few lucky eggs. Haven't touched it since.
>>
>>27185790
Double charging is a common effect with server issues
>>
>>27182677
I bought 14500 poke coins
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 750x1334
>>27187556
Forgot pic
>>
>>27187556
Rich or gullible?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-15-16-22-40.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-15-16-22-40.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>27182677
I spent a dollar on 20 pokeballs to catch a Nidoking because I was out of them and I really wanted it. Never again, it's such a waste.
>>
>>27182677
nope. not yet and i don't really feel the need to in the future either.
>>
I'm not a retard that spends money on shitty barebones freemium garbage, so no.
>>
>>27187590

That's a pretty sweet Nidoking though. I'm pretty jealous cos all I'm getting around here is nothing, and when it is something cool it's usually 100-200cp.

Do Pokemon start spawning with higher cp as you level, or is completely random; because nobody has been able to give me a clear answer on this.
>>
You faggots who spend real money on mobile games are the cancer killing gaming.
>>
>>27187694
>Paying some money for free and playable game is bad
>>
If you spend more money on GO than it would cost to buy a main series game, don't cry when pokemon goes full mobile.
>>
>>27187730

>crashes all the time
>servers constantly down
>no major Pokemon features like battling and trading
>barely any content

Yeah, sure it's "playable"
>>
>>27187688
There's basically a range of cp that you can find in the wild/from eggs. As you level up the cap on that range increases, but it's still possible for you to get lower stuff.
>>
>>27187730
It is. Games should either charge a flat fee upfront or only sell completely unnecessary cosmetic shit. "Free" games that charge you to get ahead are a genuine cancer on the gaming industry.
>>
>>27183061
Then don't fucking play the game? It obviously isn't meant for you/
>>
>>27187882

Ah okay sweet, I've almost got a 10km egg ready to hatch. I'm hoping for a sweet Lapras from it!
>>
>>27187908
Good luck. I l've hatched three - two were Electabuzz, one was a Jynx, none of them broke 500 CP.
>>
$5, I was running out of space to hold items.
>>
This is my second day with no pokeballs.. Not gonna spend money on this buggy game.
>>
>bike past a guy 2 days after release
>on local greenway
>playing while biking
>we chat for a while
>says he's already spent $80 on this game
>how the hell
>says he got drunk the night before about bought a shit ton of coins

fuckin college towns, the game had been out for only two days at that point
>>
>>27182677
1 x 9.99
3 x 4.99
>>
File: image.png (450 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
450 KB, 750x1334
S-should I do it?...
>>
>go for a run on a 6 mile stretch of mostly undeveloped beach
>pokemon popping up constantly
>one pokestop at the parking lot

And that's how I finally bought pokeballs
>>
not real money, just $10 from google rewards.
>>
>>27182677
Nothing yet. Don't plan on dropping more than $20 if I ever buy anything. Only interested in Balls, Lures, and Lucky Eggs.

I've blown through 200 Pokeballs I farmed at stops and have a combined 30 Pokeballs and Great Balls left. Going to the beach tomorrow, so I fully expect to run out. May pull the trigger then.
>>
REEEE
WHEN WILL THE 3 FOOTSTEP GLITCH BE FIXED
NIAAAANTIIIIC
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.