[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To encourage REAL exploration, instead of faggots randomly walking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1
File: aas.jpg (2 MB, 4296x1872) Image search: [Google]
aas.jpg
2 MB, 4296x1872
To encourage REAL exploration, instead of faggots randomly walking into other people's yards, Pokemon GO should base the spawning of rare/powerful pokemon on a map like this.
This map shows how far (travel time, not distance) you are from a city. The further you venture away from civilization, the higher your chance of encountering legendaries should be.
>>
>>27181687
It sucks that you have to go into the city to find decent pokemon.
>>
>>27181687
but needing to go to the himalayas or siberia for rare pokemon would repel both normies and neckbeards
>>
>>27181687
Why don't airplanes fly in a straight line? Seems retarded imo.
>>
>>27181754
>a map like this.
>like this
Obviously you can tweak the numbers a bit.

>>27181798
1. Those are obviously shipping routes
2. The shipping routes are straight too, but you're watching a flat projection of a round thing
>>
>>27181798
Why don't airplanes just hover in place and wait for their destination to come up below them as the Earth rotates?
>>
What's wrong with encouraging people to explore cities instead of the woods? Better signal and just as many neat new things to see.

I had no idea how many cool statues and paintings my town had before this game came out.
>>
>>27181687
atleast make different pokemon available at different locations. and make them actually appear where theyre supposed to. finding them only in cities is ruining the game for very many people.
>>
>>27181798

Because the earth is a sphere :^)
>>
>>27181839
Because the people who actually make an effort should be rewarded
>>
>>27181929
You've obviously never walked from one side of a city to the other.
>>
>>27182120
Retard, how does that take more effort than walking the same distance where there's no smoothly paved roads and a 7/11 where you can stop for a drink every 6 feet?
>>
>>27181687
Don't know about you guys, but in my country we don't build many cellphone towers in the middle of bumfuck nowhere. Mobile GPS doesn't work very well without them.
>>
>>27182196
Why so butthurt? You get better reception in the city, probably why it's easier there
>>
>>27182270
>Shows why your point was stupid
>LOL U MAD?
>>
>>27181798
>Why don't airplanes fly in a straight line?
They do fly in a straight line.
The earth is a sphere and it rotates.
>>
>>27181825
Genius
>>
>>27182196
If you think walking 5 miles in a straight line is easier in a city than in a fucking field, you have never spent any time walking through a large city. I'd prefer the field any day. I'd prefer a mountainside over a city.

But smaller city downtown areas are basically perfect. Those are easy.
>>
>>27181825
Actually they kind of do, over long enough flights. If you've ever flown from the US to Asia on a non-stop, they often take a "polar route" where they basically just fly straight north as the earth rotates below them, then straight south again as the earth continues to rotate, and it winds up being the shortest possible route.
>>
>>27181798
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great-circle_distance
>>
>>27182330
you also have to dodge more stuff in the city
>>
>>27181687
or they could pander to the majority of people so they can actually play the game rather than your arbitrary measure of exploration.

All the pokemon should only appear in places that are uncharted, get your scuba gear out scrub we're going deep sea diving.
>>
>>27182196
Right because cities definitely dont have any dead ends, or large buildings blocking your path forcing you to detour a couple hundred feet. Not to mention trying to cross heavy traffic lanes as you inevitably trek downtown or towards business routes.
>>
>>27181687
O think they should do something similar with roads. Make people hike 2-3 miles to get good Pokemon

>>27181700
Is so stupid, that's the opposite of how real wildlife works. When the game first came out I assumed you would only get pidgets rats bugs etc in city, and need to go into nature to get the good stuff.
I found a staryu in the middle of a city not even close to water. They aren't even trying to put the mons in places that make sense
>>
>>27181687
I bet you're one of those faggots that thinks legends will be put in the middle of nowhere and not used as promotional events for stores.
Pathetic honestly.
>>
>>27181798
That's a flat projection. It doesn't work like that anon
>>
>>27182428
Question is, can anybody catch a legend for free? Our will you have to buy a special berry and pay real money for a master ball?
>>
>>27181687

What's that big dark area northeast of India?
>>
>>27182120
>>27182270
Not my post. Doesn't change the fact you're getting butthurt
>>
>>27182593
Tibet, barely anyone lives there.
>>
>>27182412
>detour a couple hundred feet
>walking the same distance
>same distance
You can't even read a simple sentence retard.

And if you weren't a fat virgin neckbeard you'd know that walking through difficult terrain can be literally 10 times slower and more strenuous than being having a sunday walk with an icecream in a city. Army manuals, for people who are specifically trained for this, specify movement speed in a rainforest to 10-20 miles per 24 hours.
Not even getting into the fact that your fat ass just took the subway 15 minutes to get into the city, and whenever you're tired you can just be back home in another 15 minutes.
>>
>>27182872
Yeah, because people are totally going to go Pokemonning into rainforests instead of down to the local well-groomed hiking trail.
>>
>>27182962
That's the entire point retard >>27181929
>>
>>27182970
Ah, you're just insane then.
>you should totally go travel a quarter of the way across the planet for a game about imaginary monsters
>if not you're clearly not dedicated enough to your digital rodents
>>
>>27183038
Again with the reading difficulties
1. see top >>27181816
2. see >>27181687
>the higher your chance of encountering legendaries should be.
>chance
You can still play perfectly fine where you live, but the more effort you make the more likely you are to get a big payoff
>>
>>27181687
While the layout of pokemon is bullshit, it seems to be because Niantic is shit at game development and where ever Ingress was most popular, Go focuses on those areas too.

We also already have people getting hurt and even killed with how it is, is it really smart to encourage these dumbshits venture out into the wilderness? They can't even survive in civilization.

You could just go the fuck outside without your phone demanding you do so.
>>
>>27183189
>is it really smart to encourage these dumbshits venture out into the wilderness?
Would be funny if there were guaranteed legendaries on the white house lawn, and shit like that
>You could just go the fuck outside without your phone demanding you do so.
This is true now too. But it's not the point of GO
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.