[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3
File: bw.jpg (59 KB, 588x331) Image search: [Google]
bw.jpg
59 KB, 588x331
What went wrong?
>>
Pokemon designs are some of the worst in the series. Games are really good though.
>>
>>27181290
Pokemon design is atrocious.
>>
The designs are so bad even those who survived Sinnoh got let down
>>
Pokemon designs are really good. Games are some of the worst in the series though.
>>
Pokemon designs are some of the worst in the series. Games are really good though.
>>
Post game is not really fleshed out, it was better in B&W2, though.
Pokemon designs are pretty good IMO.
>>
>>27181290
Nothing did, fampai. Second best games in the series after BW2
>>
>>27181290

Having only 649 species of Pokémon in it.
>>
>>27181290
What went wrong? The people who choose to look at the ugly, and not appreciate the overwhelming great designs, mechanics, gameplay, character and story arcs that greatly outweigh an "ice cream" Pokemon. Yeah, these people are what went wrong...because they can't accept change and would rather stay doing the shit they do every single day. Sad and pathetic.
>>
Overwhelming storyline with poor pacing. Need to limit the plot, in the early game and condense it into fewer cut scenes/freezes.

Graphics were an awful mix of sprite and 3D.

Everything felt very dark and edgy
>>
>>27181304
>>27181311
>>27181315
>>27181335
(You)
>>
Nothing.
>>
>>27181290

Being on the same hardware as the previous gen.
>>
>>27181290
>Had like 20 incredible designs with the rest being pretty bad to bland.
>Horrible sprites and graphics, looked like garbage compared to gen 4
>World was boring, linear, made you go in one direction constantly only when it allowed you to, with constant tedious obstacles along the way. In other games "obstacles" felt natural and part of the world, in gen 5 they were just fucking there
>Annoying "rivals" who pestered you every stop of your "journey" with annoying shit that you didn't want to do or their uninspired easy battles. They served as constant hand holders and a reminder that you're a retarded child playing a very telegraphed game
>Absolute mess of pokemon distribution. Few select trash monsters through about six towns with most of the good pokemon only being available in select areas well past half of the game. Cherry on top is the high levels these pokemon need to be evolved at (Evolutions past level 50) with the end of the main game leaving you right about that area in levels.
>The overrated plot which is only decent under a children's game's standards
>The annoying underage fanbase (unovabortions) that constantly suckles each tit of this game. They praise everything about it claiming it was some messiah gen that we will never get again and was the height of the franchise. They bash "genwunners" when they don't even realize they themselves are essentially same thing by idolizing their childhood nostalgia gen. This is why most unovabortions are aged 17-20. They developed feelings for Black and White during their prime pokemon playing years and later in life they are emotionally attached to the games. They shit up this board with their faggot nostalgia goggles and contrarian opinions.
>>
>>27181290
OP posted the laziest conversation starter in the history of 4chan. Even "greentext and a picture of someone laughing or sneering" takes more effort.
>>
>>27181737
perfect post
>>
>>27181290
Games are pretty good.
There was too much sand.
Sprites were too pixelated.
Some of the pokemon were good and some others were literal trash.
N was a cute.
>>
>>27181290
Outside of Pikachu getting BTFO'd by a fresh Snivy, I thought it was off to a good start. In my opinion it went downhill after they canned the Team Rocket vs Plasma arc. The N arc was pretty good at least.
>>
>>27181492
>I can't handle other's opinions!
>W-Why can't you like what I like?!?
>>
>>27181803

It's a known fact that labeling all Gen. 5 Pokemon as bad is a meme. Piss off.
>>
>>27181810
It had about 20 or so good designs out of its 156 total. That ratio of good to bad pokemon is god awful.
>>
I've been playing Black Version and slowing down to talk to NPCs, explore locations and, most importantly, catch them all. I don't know if it's the overwhelming emphasis on Gen 1 at the moment, what with R/B/Y on the Virtual Console and Pokémon GO, but I've really been seeing the 'landlocked' Unova dex with more appreciative eyes.

Also Tirtouga is my new bro.
>>
>>27181290
>Worst starters in the series
>Bland as hell versions mascots along with a shitload of other pointless and ugly legendaries
>Introduced most of the worst designs in the entire series
>Story is forced as hell and not nearly as good as people claim it to be
>You're constantly overleveled starting from the third gym because the games give you way too much experience compared to the low level differences of the gym leaders
>Bad Pokemon distribution, with most of the interesting Pokemon appearing/evolving too late to be useful in-game while the early/mid game is filled with Cottonee/Petilil, Lillipup, Purrloin and Pidove/Tranquill
>Beginning of casualized gameplay with E4 having only four Pokemon and gym leaders having three at most
>Boring and linear region
>The only generation to look worse than its predecessor thanks to the awful pixelated sprites and all the horrible zoomed-in camera angles
>All the pointless bridges that for whatever reason were a major focus in the game
>That fucking level spike after E4 that forces you to grind like hell
I hope I didn't forget anything.
>>
>>27181826
And Johto had at least a 98% ratio of bad Pokémon designs. Why are you not hating on that? Oh wait, because you're a nostalgia fag
>>
>>27181826
More like 20 bad designs of the 156 total.
>>
>>27181290
Nothing, this is the best game in the franchise
>>
>>27181881
>Retarded percentage of 98%
>You're saying that almost every pokemon in gen 2 was bad
>That statement is so bad it doesn't even stand as an opinion
>Doesn't make sense considering most of Johto was decent
>Implying I liked Johto
>We weren't even talking about Johto
>Retard defense mechanism is to quickly change subjects to avoid the truth

We're talking about GEN 5, anon, generation f-i-v-e. Bring up better arguments or admit I am right.
>>
File: 1313923740731.png (168 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
1313923740731.png
168 KB, 700x500
OFFICIAL POKÉMON GAME POWER RANKINGS

>S Rank:
Platinum, Black & White 2

>A Rank:
Emerald, HG/SS

>B Rank:
G/S/C, FR/LG, Black & White

>C Rank:
R/B/Y, Ruby & Sapphire, OR/AS

>D Rank:
Diamond & Pearl, X & Y
>>
>>27181737
>Implying there aren't nostalgiafags for each generation, even gen VI
>>
>>27182079
I missed Kalos once
In retrospect I wish the missile had hit
>>
>>27181290
Nothing. BW-BW2-Platinum are the holy trinity of the franchise.

>muh HGSS
Nope.
>>
>>27182091
>BW
I literally threw up
>>
>>27181939
>Emerald in A rank
stopped reading there
>>
>>27181290
Designs are more like Yo Kai/Digimon/weeb-tier deviantart than actual Pokemon.

Also, it shouldn't have been made. XY should have been Gen 5 as a 3DS launch title.

Instead, they made this abomination when they should have been perfecting XY (fixing the frame rate issue, not releasing it with the Lumiose City glitch, fixing some of the awful 3D models, etc.)
>>
>>27182091
>muh HGSS

What in the fuck are (you) talking about? OP didn't even bring up HGSS, you autistic spergtard.
>>
>>27182135
That's pretty cool that anon can make you literally throw up with his words alone. I wish I had that power.
>>
>>27181304
>Pokemon designs are some of the worst in the series
>>27181311
>>27181315
>>27181340
>Post game is not really fleshed out, it was better in B&W2, though.
>>27181381
>>27181522
>>27181737
>>27181878
>>27183200
All these are correct.

Personally I liked the implementation of Hidden Abilities but I believe they could be better designed which surprisingly hasn't been done yet and we're close to Gen 7 already.
>>
>>27183200
Yokai Watch came out well after Gen V. Why didn't everyone say the yokai looked like Pokemon? Because that literally never happened.

Also, Yokai don't look like Digimon, which don't look like Deviantart fakemon. Your argument fucking sucks. I think it's because you don't actually believe in what you're saying.
>>
File: youkai_watch_10.jpg (3 MB, 3685x2400) Image search: [Google]
youkai_watch_10.jpg
3 MB, 3685x2400
>>27181304
>>27181311
>>27181315
>>27181335
>>27181878
>>27181881
>>27183200
>shitting on pokemon designs
A reminder to get a load of this and be grateful for what you have
>>
Gamefreak are probably never gonna make another new Pokemon-only region because of the backlash BW got, are they?
>>
>>27183327
Didn't they ban your faggot-ass a week ago?

MODS
>>
>>27183409
You know all he has to do is restart his router and he'll be using an unbanned IP, right?
>>
>>27181290
>yfw swagy-chan got so triggered and forever butthurt about being bullied so hard, she'll forever believe its thanks to the games she was shitposting about at the time

Kek. Glad to know the tracking was unnoticed.
>>
>>27183325
>Yokai don't look like Digimon, which don't look like Deviantart fakemon. Your argument fucking sucks.

>A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent.

I never said Yo Kai looks like Digimon, or that Digimon looks deviantart. I said Gen 5 Pokemon look like all of those.

Your argument fucking sucks.
>>
>>27183409
You do know that that's OP and the entire thread is full of text pastas you can find dozens of right?
>>
>>27183463

To be fair it's funny to watch OP samefagging against itself just to claim what a master baitman/board culture makes it think it is.

You do know a kid has freudian issues when it dedicates its life to samefagging pastas by itself daily, that no one else even cares for.
>>
>>27183494
>freudian issues

So OP shlicks her pussy to her dad? I knew it.

>>27183427

Thanks to Troid sheltering this threads he won't even need to to begin with.
>>
>>27183463
>You do know that that's OP and the entire thread is full of text pastas you can find dozens of right?

Please, find examples of word-for-word pastas. I'd love to see th... - oh wait, they don't exist and you can't handle the fact that Gen 5, much like its fans, is a failed abortion.
>>
>>27183526
>spoonfeedme to prove my ebin bait is wrong!
>th... -oh wait

God you really are triggered, down to the 2quirky4u speak you put in there. Just show a pic of your tits and stop posting.
>>
>>27183645

You can't expect much logic from bronies, anon, specially seemlingly underage ones like OP, from what I hear kid dedicates every single day to shitpost here and samefag

>>27183526
>word for word

Lol, how new you are on the shitpost business? No wonder /tv/ rekts you. Sorry for ruining your samefag OP, but your op pic alone is enough, through I would laugh even more if you're actually changing small bits of your posts in a scared attempt to avoid being found.
>>
>>27181320
Flip it around, and it's perfect.
>>
>>27181878
>>27183392
>>27183300

>samefagging your own autism walls

GG, apple-pie, at least those fags forced you to vary which game you pick, but you still should just tits or gtfo.
>>
>>27183744

I was going to post how OP was going to accuse you of not liking her hot opinions for shitposting like she always do early in her threads but this copypasta she already wasted, see >>27181810
>>
>>27183744
OP didn't even bothered changing dem' speech patterns this time desu.

Something must have triggered OP really hard to do dem greentext walls nobody would read, did her tit pics leaked or somthng?
>>
>>27183668
>No wonder /tv/ rekts you. Sorry for ruining your samefag OP

I'm not OP, I'm not samefagging, and I never mentioned /tv/, you fucking retard.

>>27183645
>Just show a pic of your tits and stop posting.

If you're a homosexual chubby-chaser with a manboob fetish, that's on you, but don't try to bring me into it, faggot.
>>
>>27183744
>if more than one person doesn't agree with my opinion it means it's one person samefagging
>>
>>27181290
Not all, but a large portion of the Pokemon introduced in generation 5 were lame. However, there were some gems. Krookodile and Braviary were among the best designs in generation 5.
>>
>>27181939
That list is pretty damn accurate but i think G/S/C should be A atleast, its the best pokemon game before Natures and shit were introduced
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.