[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there really anything that could be a new type?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 250
Thread images: 34
File: 1345050462120.png (12 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
1345050462120.png
12 KB, 560x407
Is there really anything that could be a new type?
>>
Light
>>
>>27177503
I still think Sound would have been a good idea.
>>
>>27177549
Elaborate
>>
No. Don't let the Sound and Cosmicfags tell you otherwise.
>>
Cosmic type please GF
>>
>>27177503
DNA type
Dyoxys and Reuniclus can be DNA type
>>
Gravity type?
>>
>>27177574
>there is really nothing that could be a new type
So what did you think about Fairy?
>>
>>27177503
Plasma
>>
Rubber type
>>
>>27177503
Cosmic type, astral type, light type, cyborg type
>>
>>27177503
Holy type, maybe?

But there's so many dual-type mons already. I know people are begging for Sound to replace some Normal types, though.
>>
File: 1464589157111.jpg (63 KB, 868x741) Image search: [Google]
1464589157111.jpg
63 KB, 868x741
Blood type
>>
>>27177503
I want at least two new types, to end it at 20. Sound type is one of them, not sure about the other.
>>
>>27177503
We could start having meta types.

For example: Anti.

A type that has no weakness or resistances by itself, but reverses whatever weakness/resistances of the secondary type, following 1/n formula on every non 0x factor (let's avoid infinities) and changes immunities to 1x.

Gyratina could be Anti/Dragon or Anti/Ghost.

New Pokémon could be made following the theme of neutralizing another type. Like a fire extinguisher that is Anti/Fire.
>>
>>27177727
Yes
>>
Still like Sound type, just for all the normal types that could use the boost.

For once Chatot and Jigglypuff could be relevant again. Exploud, Seismitoad and Meloetta can come too. I wouldn't even mind Kricketune or Chimeco becoming viable out of nowhere like Mr. Mime did.

And it would be a soft-nerf to Aerilate/Pixilate Hyper Voice. Maybe even help fix the type chart and make Fairy less dumb, or give Ice another resistance (snow muffles sound) while steel gets another weakness.
It's got a much bigger basis than Fairy had. Light and Cosmic have their jobs taken by Electric, Psychic, and Fairy. A light beam or a Cosmic Wave could easily be any of those three. A Sound wave would be normal type because there's nothing else it fits into. Unless you gave it a type to fit into.
>>
>>27177640
A Cosmic type would be the closest I'd say exists. There are a number of pokemon with ties to interspacial or interdimensional backgrounds that are somewhat awkwardly handled now. Unfortunately, since Fairy scooped up several of the moon-related ones, I doubt this would happen anymore.

Sound is too narrow to be a type. Only 4 families would fit there now without grasping for straws, though several moves would. The "Sound-based" keyword is enough.
>>
File: 1302299394472.jpg (330 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
1302299394472.jpg
330 KB, 750x1000
>>27177727
>>
>>27177610
Fire IS plasma.
>>
File: 001.jpg (440 KB, 1433x1600) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
440 KB, 1433x1600
>zombie type
>>
>>27177772
I wasn't much into Sound, but I liked your examples.

Cosmic is one I agree, is out of question. We have Deoxys, Jirachi, Beheeyem and now Solgaleo and Lunala to show that Psychic is the Cosmic type.
>>
>>27177609
It's great. But there's nothing else left, Soundfag.
>>
>>27177756
lmao, not ever
>>
>>27177549
Electric, Fairy, and Psychic already cover this.
>>
>>27177776
>Only 4 families would fit there now without grasping for straws
7 families got named in >>27177772 alone and that's not even counting things that would still fit like Jynx, Noivern, Pyroar. What 4 were you thinking of?

You'd only be grasping at straws with things like Politoed, Lapras, Misdreavus, but a lot of those things could use the buff. It's not like Politoed is missing anything by becoming part sound. Misdreavus and Mismagius already missed their chance at Fairy, so sound would be good for them too.

Basically every sound move except Snarl and the ones named after types (Metal Sound and Grasswhistle) are normal already anyway, and GF seems to have no problem changing normal to a new type.
>>
>>27177965
Also, Steel
>>
>>27177776
Only four families? Chatot, Exploud, Jigglypuff, Meloetta, Noivern, Kricketune off the top of my head. That's 7 lines. Oh, also Chingling & Chimecho. You could maybe stretch and say Audino, too. That's about the same amount as Fairy was applied to Pokémon.

>>27177946
Okay so this is bait, thanks for clearing that up, here's your (You).
>>
>>27177503
There are a few things that would make decent types, sound being the prominent one.
There will not be another type.
>>
>>27177503
Smell type
We could have a fart Pokemon!
>>
File: 200_s.gif (27 KB, 265x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
27 KB, 265x200
>tfw GF adds Sound, but names it "Music"
>>
>>27178072
I'll take what I can get.
>>
>>27177503
Dark, Fairy, Ghost, Normal and Psychic pretty much cover all the ephemeral, nuanced areas that a Pokemon could inhabit. I don't think there is another possible typing.
>>
File: 1460477748020.jpg (78 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
1460477748020.jpg
78 KB, 600x700
>>27177727
I LOVE the concept, BUT:
>Soil being the most represented type out of nowhere, AND, lots of mons suddently having the exact same typing.
It hurts.
>>
>>27178072
I'd be fine with naming it "Noise" type or something. "Song" type would be kind of neat.
>>
>>27178144
It wouldn't really group up that many Pokemon considering how many have both types already.
>>
Maybe glass type? It could be weak to rock and fighting, and resist fire and electric.
>>
File: image.png (104 KB, 258x248) Image search: [Google]
image.png
104 KB, 258x248
>>27177965
>Fairy
>Light
>>
File: th.jpg (9 KB, 300x243) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
9 KB, 300x243
>>27178161
Reminds me of this.
>>
>>27178194
>literally things like light of ruin and dazzling gleam are fairy type
>implying anything at all
>>
??? type
>>
>>27177503
There are already a shitload of moves that could fit under Sound, and a decent amount of mons that could, too.
But while I do like the idea of sound, honestly I'm not up for another type just yet, I'd rather they buff ice, rock and bug. Of course, that'll never happen. But one can dream.
>>
It's Japshit so Void is a valid element.
>>
File: curse.gif (162 B, 32x16) Image search: [Google]
curse.gif
162 B, 32x16
>>27179000

It already exist.
>>
>>27177772
Would Seismitoad be water/sound or ground/sound? Aside from being a blue amphibian that lives in water, ground is pretty important to the line.
>>
>>27179086
Considering Tympole is a pure water type, probably that.

Seismitoad learns more sound based moves by level up than Ground type attacks.
>>
>>27179051
I want the return.
Make it like Almighty from SMT.
>>
>>27177503
The only two types that could be added at this point are Sound and Cosmic. Sound has enough moves/previously-existing pokemon to be viable as its own type (especially considering how many pokemon they turned to Fairy for the sole reason of being pink/cute), and while Comic doesn't really have that many, it would be nice to have a type for all the pokemon that come from space to replace psychic, seeing as there's so many with that origin. Almost every single psychic legendary could be swapped with Cosmic, and I'm sure several moves could be given the cosmic typing.

>>27177549
Light isn't really a good type; there's already fairy to cover the "positive, happy" sort of pokemon to counter dark. Not every fairy type is, but the vast majority are.
>>27177588
That's way too specific of a type to create just for two pokemon.
>>27177596
Name a single pokemon that doesn't use psychic powers that could be considered "gravity" type.
>>27179051
Curse type would be cool, but it'd never happen. Porygon-Z, maybe some sort of actual glitch pokemon given how popular Missingno is, Mimikew, but that's all that comes to mind.
>>
>>27179312
I actually did a bit of studying to see which new types could most likely happen, and I can say that I mostly agree with this.
>>
>>27179312
>for all the pokemon that come from space to replace psychic, seeing as there's so many with that origin
Deoxys and Elgyem are the only two I can think of. I guess Lunatone/Solrock?
>>
>>27177727
>>27178144
>>27178176
what would the new type's relationship with Electric be?
>>
>>27179421
>Deoxys
>Elgyem
>Solrock
>Lunatone
>Mew
>All of the god/demigod pokemon
>Gothitelle line (they get their psychic powers from the stars, so Psychic/Cosmic)
>Celebi (arguably?)
>Solgaleo
>Lunala
>Metagross line
>Jirachi
>>
>>27177503
fuck they added fairy so why not?

alien/cosmic/astral potentially. robot/another word for it.

people keep saying sound but i really don't think so.
>>
>>27179519
>Mew
No
>Celebi
No
>All of the god/demigod Pokémon
Which one of them have to do with outer space? You do know that Palkia is "space" as in time-space, the three dimensions, matter, right?
>Metagross line
They're literally computers.

Also, not mentioning fucking Clefable line?
Retarded post.
>>
>>27179589
I was only looking at psychic types in response to the person I was answering.

I included Mew, Celebi, and the god/demigod pokemon because "cosmic" can loosely define things relating to the universe itself: IE time, space, and pokemon. If snubble can be a fairy because it's pink, you can consider universe-creating pokemon to be cosmic.

As for the Metagross line, I could've sworn it said something about meteors in their pokedex entries, but they don't. That's my bad, but at the same time they're not computers, Metagross is just "smarter than a supercomputer".
>>
>>27179570
>people keep saying sound but I really don't think so
Yet a robot type is any more valid?
>>
>>27179693
>I included Mew, Celebi, and the god/demigod pokemon because "cosmic" can loosely define things relating to the universe itself: IE time, space, and pokemon.
And Mew which has nothing to do with any of that.

Snubbull can be fairy because it's literally been the fairy Pokemon since Gen 2. It's a Cu Sith. That literally translates to "dog fairy".
>>
>>27179693
>If snubble can be a fairy because it's pink

Cù Sith
>>
>>27179716
>Mew which has nothing to do with any of that.
Mew is the ancestor of all pokemon. But fine, whatever, Mew might not be this imaginary types, you win!

Snubbull may be technically called a fairy pokemon, fine, but there's still countless other stupid fairy types only included for being cute/pink.
>>
Beast type, Pokémon that look like beasts, feral animals, Houndoom, Ursaring, etc you get the idea. Maybe super effective on normal and fighting types.
>>
>>27178257
>thinking two moves moves are an indication of anything
>>
>>27179853
Those two moves being representative of light being a feature in Pokemon, and being specifically designated as one specific category indicate that similar moves would be designated in the similar category.

Otherwise why have types to begin with? If a Light move is going to be made to represent Fairy Type, why do we need Light Type?
>>
>>27177727
Maybe rock type should be split between Ground and Steel.
Earth-Type and Alloy-Type
Earth mineral and Metal split-ish, Idk geology so...
>>
File: avatar_1467120604566.jpg (90 KB, 1240x1240) Image search: [Google]
90 KB, 1240x1240
>>27177559
From one tripfag to another: this is most likely. Maybe Sound type will have no effect on Normal types, nor any Pokémon with the ability Soundproof.

>Boomburst
>Chatter
>Confide
>Disarming Voice
>Echoed Voice
>Growl
>Hyper Voice
>Noble Roar
>Perish Song
>Relic Song
>Roar
>Round
>Screech
>Sing
>Snarl
>Snore
>Supersonic
>Uproar
>Exploud line and Chatot line would be prime candidates for sound typing

Soundproof would become something like Levitate, but for sound -type moves, not flying-type moves. And if you're saying to yourself, "there's already too many types!", then why not combine Ground and Rock types? It's redundant.
>>
> ice is folded into water
> rock is folded into ground
> fighting is now called warrior because having a verb as a name of a type is ridiculous, every Pokemon fights
> psychic is now called PSY because fuck they can't call a move a type and a class the same thing
> dark is now called trickster so it can mach the Japanese original better and prevent stupid people from asking light type
> flying is now bird type and it's not a stupid sub type anymore (i.e. all the normal/flying become bird and and all the dragon/bug with flying lose it, it's just for the birds)
>sound type gets added
>normal type is abolished
>every normal types can be fitted in fairy/fighting/trickster/sound/ground easily
>besides Eevee, Arceus, Ditto and Porygon
> undetermined type gets added, for Pokemon without a specific classification
> very rare, no weakness or advantages
> Pokemon gain a "description"
> a sort of second ability based on the apparence, that gives it something more besides the usual type match up
> i.e. this Pokemon flyes (so is immune to soil based moves)
> this Pokemon is made of ice (so is weak to fire and not weak to ice anymore)
> the entire type charts get a check up
There, I fixed it.
>>
>>27180064
>flying is now bird type and it's not a stupid sub type anymore
What about Tornadus?
>>
>>27180064
>Normal-Type is abolished
Nigga what?

>Pokemon gain a "descirption"
How about "Quirks" or "Characteristic" instead, description sounds weird.
>This pokemon has a stupid look, it's weak against smart looking pokemon; Description ech.
Well, if Levitate, Soundproof, bulletproof, etc gets into it, and they gain different Ability instead...
As dum as this sounds, it's interesting.
>>
I made a bunch of new types when I was kid.

From the top of my head I had:
>Light
>Space
>Medieval (I drew knight pokemon and shit)
>Machine
>Magic
>Crystal
>Car (okay that one was pretty retarded)

Machine is probably my favourite concept for a new type.
>>
>>27178257
So's Solar Beam, Confuse Ray, Mirror Shot and several other definitely-not fairy type moves that involve light
>>
>>27180064
This makes sense. Unbalanced type charts need fixing.

In fact, the whole metagame could be redone.
>>
>>27179729
Cu Sith is green though.

And flies.

Skymin's a closer match and it isn't a fairy.
>>
>>27180213
So you're suggesting Solar Beam, Confuse Ray, and Mirror Shot all become light type, instead of Grass, Ghost, and Steel?
>>
>>27177503
Wood. Would require too much retconning to bother though.
Kinda surprising it's not a type considering the 5 classic elements in China.
>>
>>27177634
made me lol
>>
>>27177503
Cosmic type-space and shit
Sound type -soundwaves
Light Type-lasers and shit
Warp Type-Other dimensions that have nothing to do with magic
>>
Can someone explain why steel type is called steel type and not metal type

It just doesnt make any seeense
>>
>>27180331
It's called Metal type in the TCG. They probably just wanted it to sound cooler.
>>
>>27177503

Digital type

>Porygon
>Voltorb
>Rotom
>Genesect

I mean, I don't expect it, but I would be down for it.
>>
>>27180355
But it doesnt make any seeeense

Also whats more metal than being called metal
>>
>>27180369
Some of them make no sense

>grass
>one specific type of vegetation
>not plant type

>flying
>the specific action of flying through the air
>not air type

>fighting
>literally why, it makes no sense when you think about it
>>
Heart type, a thematic blend of Fairy and Fighting. It's dumb, but I could see it happening.
>>
>>27180303
>China
>implying the games are Chinese
>not Japanese
uw0tm8
>>
>>27180129
It's cool and all, but it would be hard to differentiate it from Steel in the eyes of the fanbase. But maybe...

WEAK TO
>Water, Electric, Fire, Ghost
>Rock? Ice?

RESISTS
>Bug, Fairy, Normal, Flying, Poison
>Steel?

IMMUNE TO
>Psychic

STRONG AGAINST
>Steel
>Ice? Fairy? R-Rock?

RESISTED BY
>Ground, Fire, Electric
>Ghost?

>nerfing/threatening Bug, Poison, Ice: boo
>nerfing Psychic: woo

>>27180473
No, no, I kind of like it. There may be enough possible candidates to make it work, too- Milotic, Audino, Woobat, Swoobat, Manaphy, Luvdisc, Alomomola, Chansey, Blissey, Miltank?, Kiteruguma?, the Lake Trio, Munna and Musharna?, Mega Meganium, Lilligant? Virizion? Aromatisse?? I don't know that they all line up with the idea you have, but I think I'm feeling it nonetheless.
>>
>>27177503
type fluid type
attack helicopter type
>>
File: mfw.jpg (81 KB, 401x373) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
81 KB, 401x373
>>27180711
mfw you didn't know the games were actaully Norwegian
Did you even play XY?
>>
nuclear
>>
>>27180711
>implying classic oriental philosophy isn't shared among all the eastern asian countries

It's like you don't even try, anon
>>
>>27180129
>machine
>region it's introduced in has a weaponized mecha dragon and a magic crystal dragon as legendaries
want
>>
File: 250px-294Loudred[1].png (69 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-294Loudred[1].png
69 KB, 250x250
>>27177503
>Is there really anything that could be a new type?

Some people have already mentioned it, but Sound.

I could seriously see 'sound' becoming a type that's introduced especially since there's more than enough pokemon stylized or themed around audio-based shenanigans.
>>
>>27180796
>resists grass, normal, fairy, poison, itself
>SE vs. grass, fairy, normal?, fighting?
>resisted by bug, rock, poison, steel?, itself
>weak to ground, water
>ghost is immune

>Muk, Weezing, Garbodor are basically the only candidates though
>you could grasp at straws and give it to Magnezone, Genesect, Klingklang, and some others, I GUESS
>>
>>27177503
hallow
>>
>>27179729
>>27179716

How is the fuck is it a Cu Sith in any way? Cu Sith is a green wolf with a long braided tail that takes people to the afterlife. How does a pink timid bulldog that is known for being pampered by women relate to that?
>>
>>27180832
Found the U-gay-oh fag
>>
>>27180901
It's a dog and it's fairy, also "green" backwards is "pink".
>>
>>27180934

That's the most retarded, reaching thing I ever heard.
>>
File: FHJ1bcL.png (414 KB, 520x613) Image search: [Google]
FHJ1bcL.png
414 KB, 520x613
>>27180934
>green backwards is pink
>>
File: Inverted colors.png (2 KB, 606x288) Image search: [Google]
Inverted colors.png
2 KB, 606x288
>>27180983
Well it's true.
>>
>>27177609
That it should've been there since gen 1
>>
>>27180368
Seconding Digital. There's no overlap with existing types and there are a handful of Pokemon that would fit right into it. It'd also validate the whole storing your Pokemon in the PC thing. They temporarily become data, don't they? Could be retconned as converting them to digital type to store them.
>>
>>27180998
Oh lel, I figured you meant by spelling
Should've figured, I've taken a color theory course for crying out loud
>>
>>27181031
They probably wouldn't name it Digital due to Digimon though.

Data type sounds sweet though.
>>
Maybe Ancient?
>>
Wind type.
Kill flying type
>>
I always liked the Cosmic concept, makes sense and fits a lot of pokemon and moves. But, if the aren’t introducing it in the ”Cosmic Generation” they’ll probably never will.

I hated the Sound Idea at first, but it has grown on me. The only problem is that it would totally fuck up every mon that relies in Hyper Voice for its –ate ability.

Another common concept that doesn’t has its own type is Cleric, or something similar. I wondered for a long type why things like Chansey, Miltank, Alomomola, and regular Audino didn’t gain a Fairy type until I understood they don’t fit the fairy archetype, they are actually clerics. It could include the Light concept, work like White Mages in other RPGs.
>>
Expanding on the Digital type idea...
Weak to:
>Electric, Fire, Rock, Ghost
Resistant to:
>Ice, Fighting, Psychic
Super-effective against:
>Steel, Fairy
Resisted by:
>Grass, Bug, Dark

It all makes sense in my head.
>>
Kitchen type
>>
>>27177549
>aka psychic
>>
>>27181669
What pokemon would be kitchen type?
>>
>>27181059
>same type but name changed
Why?
>>
>>27181886
>>27181886
Spatulamon
Spatulamon
Brick
Brick
Chikan, Nuggz
Chikan, Nuggz
>>
File: appliancepokemon.png (391 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
appliancepokemon.png
391 KB, 1200x600
>>27181886
>>
>>27181886
Any female gender Pokemon
>>
All Normal/Flying types should be pure Flying.
>>
>>27180934
>green backward is pink
>>
protip: Sound is just Special Normal (as opposed to Physical Normal)
>>
>>27179570
>robot/another word for it.
"Metal."
>>
>>27177503
Man.

Wanna trade your Neurosurgeon for my Saudi Oil Sheik?
>>
>>27181996
>>27180983
idiots smdh
>>
>Nano type

>Evil guy shrinks himself to control legendary from inside it's brain.
>You follow him in
>Fight him and Pokemon viruses and cells
>Win and re-grown back to normal with microbes
>Fight man sized microbes
>>
>>27180934
>>27180998
>green backwards is pink
>kek I meant color theory wise

Congrats, you managed to find the most retarded way to state a true fact.
>>
>cosmo
>mythical
>digital
>space
>light
>mecha

Is everyone on this fucking board 12, for christ sake? The only new type left is sound, and only if they finally gave up and just dismantle normal altogether
>>
Change normal into natural.
>>
File: NuklearIC.gif (157 B, 32x14) Image search: [Google]
NuklearIC.gif
157 B, 32x14
Nuklear

ineffective against
-electricity: electromagnetism
-psychic: manipulate space-time
-rock: dense

super effective against
-normal: biological creature
-dragon: biological creature
-grass: biological creature
-fighting: biological creature
-flying: biological creature
-dark: biological creature
-fairy: biological creature

normal against
-water, ice: irradiates water molecule but water can absorb radioactive & subatomic particles
-ground: somewhat shielded
-steel: irradiate metals & change their properties but slowly
-bug: even though biological creature, they have relatively high radioresistance
>>
>>27182553
shit forgot ghost these two

normal
-poison: pretty much similar to water
-ghost: seeing how fire damage it normally
>>
>>27182553
>''look ma, I read some shit on wikipedia and now I'm basically a PhD''
>>
>>27182640
>"I never pass high school"
>>
>>27180033
>Ground and Rock is redundant
Have you looked at the differences between Ground and Rock? They are not redundant neither in appearance nor in-game capability.
>>
>>27 i have a new possibilite like a the famous sound , cosmob, data and nuclear or atomic , and rubber agnist elétric types , chrono type for Pokemon relative to time like a dialga and celebi if this Pokemon chance to a new form , chimera type for ancient beats Pokemon and laboratorial mons and if in the future se have a fusion of diferente Pokemon with diferent types like mutant type
>>
>>27179814
Normal is already the beast type, and also covers the types of Pokemon who don't fit any other type.
>>
>>27177559
This needs to fucking stop.
Everything in existence makes a sound. Sound is frequency. Energy.
Stop trying to force it.
>>
Splice type (artificial mons like Mewtwo, Porygon and Ditto)
>>
Mech or Artificial type would be cool. I always thought a Feral type could work too.
>>
>>27177549
Yugioh leave
>>
Prehistoric type aka primal type for all fossil pkm. Then add a jurassic park like story to explain why there are so many living fossil pkm around and done!
>>
>>27178194
>literally doubly effective against dark
>not light
>>
>>27178223
I love it
>>
Plastic
We already have steel, which is a man made metal
It combines well with electric and poison types, maybe a 3D printed porygon mega evo
>>
>>27177559
Sound already exists. It has its own mechanic (prevented by Soundproof, bypasses Substitute).

If you make all "sound" moves one homogeneous type, then you relegate bypassing Subs to a single type. You also get rid of a lot of flavor. Bug Buzz is now just Sound. Pixilate Hyper Voice is now just Sound.
>>
>>27177783
Ice is water, following that logic
>>
>>27177503
only thing left is cosmic. (all space or mystic pokemon) deoxys, clefairy, etc could all be cosmic.

metagross could change to cosmic/steel, etc
>>
>>27182003
>Hyper beam
>Sound
>>
File: dinosaur type.png (118 KB, 1084x683) Image search: [Google]
dinosaur type.png
118 KB, 1084x683
Dinosaur.
>>
Sound.
But the type chart has enough types already and Sound will probably just fuck Ice more.
>>
>>27177549
Maybe when we actually get a dark type
>>
>>27186058
I don't know why bypassing subs being relegated to one type would be a bad thing, and I also don't see why we have to un-type some moves, like Bug Buzz. They could retcon it somehow, or just make it another dual-type move, like Flying Press. It's one of the biggest stops to there being a Sound-type, though.

Also, nerfing Pixilate Hyper Voice sounds perfectly fine to me.

All in all, it fits better than any other prospective type, imo. It has relations to many types that would help balance things: Grass, Ice, and Fire would be able to resist it, you could make cases for it hitting Steel and Water super-effectively, etc. I mean, some of it might be reaching, but making Fairy weak to Steel and Poison seems like a reach to me, too.

But all in all, the wording that I used is most important, in my opinion: I think it would have been a good idea. GF seems adamant that it shouldn't be a type, and it's fine where it is. There are a lot of reasons for it, but they're moot in the face of the canon typings.

>>27187981
Snow muffles sound, so it would resist it imo.
>>
Considering we have Bug and Dragon type, we might as well get Dog type and Fish type.
>>
>>27185552
>all life requires water, therefore we shouldn't have a water type
>everything touches the ground eventually therefore we shouldn't have a ground type
>all animals have iron in their blood therefore we shouldn't have a steel type
>>
>>27178072
>includes not just sound, but dance themed pokemon as well
I like it
>>
>>27182553
Too much super effectiveness, dark isn't really related to biological creatures. Also plants seem to be less effected by radiation than normal animals.
>>27181989
They are almost always dual type because it's something/flying, only Tornadus is a pure aerial creature that's why its only flying.
>>
>>27177549
Fairy type is light type cuz dark is evil type in Japan
>>
File: your tears.jpg (26 KB, 420x367) Image search: [Google]
your tears.jpg
26 KB, 420x367
>>27177503
Before they add any more types, they need to redux the names of the current types to better match the Japanese meanings. Dark type needs to become Evil type. Then we can have a proper Holy type.
>tfw Holy/Fighting destroyer of dark types
>>
>>27179312
Light type isn't supposed to represent "positive, happy", it'd be things more like Justice and anti-dark and ghost. More like a Holy type. Yellow and white as primary colors instead of pink and white. Think Crusaders and Inquisitor theme.
>>
Get ready for the most retarded idea.
>Glitch type
>Always duel type
>Can replicate pokemon that share their secondary type (ex: Glitch/Water can only transform into its opponent if it is a water type, pure or not)
>turn into a distorted glitched out version of the pokemon, pixilated in places, off-colored, and incorrect design patterns
So a defective Ditto that can only really fully function against certain pokemon.
>>
>>27187933
Dino type. I like it.
>>
indian type: golduck, espeon, medicham line, weavile line etc.

nigga type: gastly, hitmons, oddish, exeggcute, jynx, umbreon, exploud, banette, scrafty etc.

mooslime type: voltorb, pinecone, wormdam, swadloon etc
>>
again sound type
>>
>>27189176
I feel like Hoopa would either be nigga or indian type.
Maybe psychic/nigga for Hoopa and psychic/indian for Hoopa unbound
>>
I don't think there's anything else, but if I had to pick, it'd be Sound. It seems like the most sensible choice.
>>
>>27177503
Wind type maybe? It's a better option than sound type.
Pokemon that could be wind type:
Tornadus
Drifloon
Drifblim
Loudred
Exploud
Meloetta
Chatot
Wheezing
Koffing
Rayquaza??
>>
>>27179173
Or it could be like Shadow from Colosseum and Gale of Darkness and be straight-up Super Effective on everything, thus allowing it to bypass Wonder Guard.
>>
>>27187933
Jup, especially for the fossil pkm
>>
Honestly at this point only Sound has a chance of becoming a thing in Sun & Moon. Before the box legendaries' typing was known Cosmic was a good bet.

Those two are the only ones that I could see more than just 3 pokemon being retyped into. While it is true that Psychic fills the role of Cosmic, you have to remember that Normal used to fulfill the role of Fairy. There are so many space-themed pokemon at this point that it wouldn't be a bad idea to just branch off from Psychic.

Plenty of moves like Round, Boomburst and Perish Song can be retyped into being Sound. Likewise moves like Cosmic Power, Wish and Doom Desire could be retyped into being Cosmic.

The only real downside is that the weakness/resistance chart would have to be reworked yet again. But then again there are some types that need some balance.
>>
>>27190827
True.
Do we retype Arceus to ??? Type then?
What else would be it?
>>
>>27188652
Fairy represents life/nature.
>>
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=355978
This guy has the right idea, there's a total of 40 types.
>>
>>27190721
and make it replace flying type
>>
>>27191023
What the fuck
>>
>>27177559
Without sound, there's basically no such thing as Normal-type SpAtk

I kind of like it as it is.
>>
>>27191023
What are the types? I don't want to download anything.
>>
>>27191087
Yeah I know. I played through the game, its fucking hilarious. There's shit like Zombie, Fabric and Steam type. The two evil teams are literally da joos and nazis.
>>
>Ancient type

could be nice, you put there all the fossils, add some new ones, dino like pokemons and other stuff like that
>>
object type, to all those shitty pokes they add
>>
>>27191189

Wood
Magma
Steam
Paper
Zombie
Fear
Plastic
Rubber
Tech
Cosmic
Glass
Cyber
Fabric
Wind
Sound
Food
Nuclear
Paint
Divine
Virus
Light
Chaos
>>
Light Type. They have dark, so why not light?
>>
>>27191344

Physical light: Electric
Holy/divine light: Psychic
Cutesy/happy light: Fairy
>>
>>27191316
>Paper
>Plastic
>Rubber
>Glass
>Fabric
>Paint
I can accept some of these for an edgy fangame that wants to try something different, but all these specific material-based types are retarded.
>>
>>27191192
Oh yeah and I forgot, there are like 6 genders and one of them is literally an attack helicopter. You get to play as an attack helicopter.
>>
>>27191400

I'm pretty sure they're meant to be stupid.
>>
>>27191344
Dark is not "Boy, it's dark in here" it is literally the "evil" type in weabonese.
>>
>>27180934
>>27180998
>>27182075
the term you were looking for was "complementary," you drooling troglodyte
>>
File: image.jpg (238 KB, 620x874) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
238 KB, 620x874
None are more likely than these. None not sound, cosmic, or whatever shit you retards come up with. These will be in gen 8.3333.
>>
>>27191398
Everything is clear now
>>
>>27177503
I know people roll their eyes at it, but Sound could be a legitimate type, with numerous existing pokemon that could be retconned to it, not to mention the potential for new pokemon themed around music/noise/screaming/etc. There are also moves specifically designated as sound-based for the purposes of the Soundproof ability, so there's a pool of moves attached to it already as well. Aside from that I can't really see anything else being used or even needed. The current types cover just about every potential elemental property or imaginary power. I'm also pretty chuffed that we *finally* have an even number of types, because it kinda bothered me a bit having an off-kilter amount. If they add another type in at this point, it would infuriate me if they didn't put a second in to keep it balanced. Still won't happen either way though, because Fairy is brand new and adding a new type two generations in a row would just smack of desperation.
>>
>>27191652
Sound based moves are the Special Normal-type moves.

And literally everything makes sound. Does everything become part sound?

Sound based moves staying SpA normal moves makes way more sense.
>>
Human
>>
>>27191514
>Lickilicky
>Taste
>Normal

Lickilicky confirmed for normie-tier.
>>
>>27177503
bony type

for pokemon with prominent horns and other hard structures that aren't really rocky or metallic

could work for a couple of the more corporeal ghosts, as well.

it would give a few fossils that are hindered by their rock typing (and don't really make sense as rock types except for being fossils) a way out as well
>>
>>27191514
just "poly" would get the point across, and make more sense for the pokemon there that don't really have heads
>>
>>27191721
See>>27188158
>>
>>27179731
Anon, you could have argued Mew appears in space in the opening of the anime...
>>
Imagine combo types get introduced:

Steam, Mud, Lava, Smoke, shit like that. Steam is a combination of water/fire, Mud is water/ground, Lava is fire/ground, Smoke is fire/air. Could be all kinds of combination types. A pokemon could be a Smoke/Water pokemon, making it a triple typed pokemon in reality
>>
>>27180120
First typeless mon confirmed
>>
File: 1467608577190.gif (428 KB, 200x183) Image search: [Google]
1467608577190.gif
428 KB, 200x183
>>27177503
Radiant
>Electric/fire/dragon/psychic types that are clearly symbolic for alien creatures. Prepare to see more levitate
Cosmic
>Covers the weird typing going on with some of the fairy and dark and psychic types. Prepare to see more levitate.
Sound
>Essentially a SpA version of normal typing, but now gives more pokemon SpA sub
Plasma
>Fire types and electric types now get options for moves they would not normally get as a fire type or as an electric type
Bone
>Physical version of ghost, with more ground and rock and poison and flying sub types or primary types
Mimic
>Very small represented type, with only a few pokemon actually having the typing, and more moves having the typing.

IDK, fuck it.
>>
>>27186114
Ice and water at least have different physical states.

Asking for Plasma without removing Fire is like asking for Metal without removing Steel.
>>
>>27188104
I am surprised no one mentioned Shadow type yet
>>
>>27188777
Holy is not a good name for a Pokémon type, though. It implies religious value, maybe something like Lig... Erm... Luminous?
>>
>>27193380
Fuck if I know.
You know, lots of types need renaming to cause lets confusion among the masses, Dark in particular is one.
>>
>>27193669
*cause less
>>
>>27181042
Cyber type
>>
>>27193698
>>27191316
I like Cyber type
Also Cosmic, and of course, Sound
>>
>>27179421
Cosmic type:
Clefairy/Clefable
Staryu/Starmie
Lunatone/Solrock
Deoxys
Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf
Elgyem/Beheeyem
Hoopa
Solgaleo/Lunala

You could make an argument that the ancient civilization types could be cosmic as well:
Natu/Xatu
Unown
Baltoy/Claydol
Bronzor/Bronzong
Golett/Golurk
Sigilyph
>>
>>27177503
Fluid
Sound (Echo)
>>
The only real types are:
Fire
Water
Electric
Ghost

The other types don't even make sense:
Grass and Ground should be combined as Earth.
Rock and Steel should be combined as Metal.
Fighting shouldn't exist. Every Pokémon fights.
Flying should be retyped as Air.
Bug combined with Earth.
Poison is just a status condition.
Ice is just water.
Dark is just edgy Team Rocket shitmons and needs to actually be Dark.
Dragon shouldn't exist.
Psychic should be retyped as Light or Holy.
Fairy combined with Light.
Normal shouldn't exist.

So essentially:
Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Electric, Ghost, Metal, Air, Light, and Dark.
>>
>>27193940
Types and elements aren't the same thing you autist.
>>
>>27193940
Kill yourself.
>>
>>27193933
>those tiny nuts
Looks like it's simply a sac, no balls.
>>
>>27193963
>>27193978

nothing personnel kids
>>
File: fuck this.png (54 KB, 200x169) Image search: [Google]
fuck this.png
54 KB, 200x169
>>27191514
>Headbutt, Zen Headbutt, Iron Head, Head Smash, Head Charge become multi-hit moves but with the same base power
>number of hits corresponds to the number of heads
>>
>>27193940
>not combining fire and electric
you're not even doing it right
>>
>>27177549
Steel already covers this.
>>
>>27194005
Well kukui is a small nut species.
>>
>>27177503
Almighty from SMT. Neutral to everything, all ways.
>>
>>27193031
>Bone
>Physical version of ghost
You know, there really should be physical ghost type moves using bones
Or at least one.
What is Game Freak even doing up there?
>>
>>27194175
They've set the (admittedly strange) precedent that bones = Ground-type, and I don't think they'll shake from it. I also think they associate Ghost-type more with mythological stuff than literally dead people (bar their dex entries, I guess. I don't know.)
>>
>>27180120
>What about Tornadus?
>Therian Forme is literally a bird
Umm... duh?
>>
File: Idon'tEven.gif (3 MB, 330x240) Image search: [Google]
Idon'tEven.gif
3 MB, 330x240
Changer/Adapter Type (Dittoesque or pic related)
Normally Damage by: Normal, Steel, Electric, Psiquic, Dragon, Dark, Fairy, Flying
Weak to: Poison, Bug, Ghost
Inmune to: None
Resistant to: Water, Ice, Fire, Grass, Ground, Rock, Fighting
Effective vs: Water, Grass, Ground, Rock
1/2 vs: Poison, Bug
>>
>>27193940
Probably best to just make it
Air
Fire
Water
Earth
and Aether

like the ancients had it
>>
>>27191083
Thus leading it back to square one.
>>
>>27194474
not really, all i'm saying is that flying should be renamed to air
along with grass being renamed to plant
>>
>>27194175
Here's to hoping SM introduces a Ghost/Ground skeleton.
>>
>>27194610
this needs to happen
>>
>>27188777
Grass --> Plant
Flying --> Sky
Fighting --> Warrior
Psychic --> Astral

Also, digital-themed Pokemon like Porygon should be at least part Electric, no need for a separate Digital type.

All I really want is that.
>>
>>27179312
Magnezone, Probopass, porygon-Z

There. I listed a few that could be gravity type faggot.
>>
>microscopic type

Super effective against:
Normal, fighting (germs)
Water (plankton, tons of other crap in water)
Grass (mold and fungus)
Rock (rock eating bacteria)

Normal against:
Dark
Flying
Bug
Fairy
Dragon
Psychic
Ground

No affect on:
Ghost
Steel

Weak to: Fire, Ice, Electric

Immune to: None

R8, h8. Appreci8. It's 3:00am here and I'm tired asf so I probably missed a type or whatever.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (4 KB, 170x115) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
4 KB, 170x115
>>27195657
Shit forgot poison, it'd be weak against it.
>>
File: image.png (121 KB, 250x273) Image search: [Google]
image.png
121 KB, 250x273
Crystal type
>>
>>27195698
get out, you Pokemon Go assfaggot
>>
>>27195657
How are you going to catch thing this small?
>>
File: image.png (50 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.png
50 KB, 250x250
>>27195723
Its a serious request
>>
>>27194676
>Grass --> Plant
Nature
>Fighting --> Warrior
Keep it fighting, fighting type is only related to martial arts and chi like powers. A warrior engaging in combat doesn't make it fighting type.
>>
>>27195727
Micro Balls.
Then you have Macro Balls for gaint Pokémon.
>>
>>27177596
probably the worst idea in this thread
>>
>>27180064
"fighting" is also a noun faggot
>>
File: 657.png (1 KB, 201x225) Image search: [Google]
657.png
1 KB, 201x225
Virus type

Pokemon like:
Missingno (would give Gamefreak a reason to make it an official Pokemon)
Unown
Porygon
etc.
>>
>>27194379
i loled
>>
>>27195657
I like this idea. Though here is some fixes:

Not very effective:
Ground

No affect on:
Electric

Immune to: Fire and Ice, since a lot of micro-organisms can survive in extreme heat and cold.
>>
File: 320.jpg (756 KB, 4500x4334) Image search: [Google]
320.jpg
756 KB, 4500x4334
>>27195970
Yeah that makes sense. So it would do normal damage to fire and ice as well.

I should make a rom hack
>>
>>27177503
Artificial
>>
>>27196063
Artificial shouldn't even be considered Pokemon. Pokemon like Magearna is Digimon trash.
>>
>>27194676
Are these the Japanese names or what you'd name them? Because Sky and Astral are WAY better then Flying and Psychic, especially given Psychic has meant Space since Jirachi and Deoxys.

I think Astral is a better name for Cosmic as well. If they added new types id like Light and Astral while giving all moon related Pokemon and moves to fairy and all sun related Pokemon and moves to light. Astral being a type for Space and the unknown strong against Fairy, Light, and Dark while being weak to Ground, Fire, Water and Grass the four earth elements. Light being strong against Dark, Dragon and Ghost while being weak to Dark, Psychic and Ghost.

Solrock - Astral/Light
Lunatone - Astral/Fairy
Darkrai - Dark/Fairy
Cresselia - Psychic/Fairy
Beeheyem - Psychic/Astral
Silgaleo - Light/Astral
Lunala - Ghost/Astral
>>
cuck type
>>
- Time
- Cyber
- Saurian
- Virus
>>
>>27196421
Thats ice type, anon
>>
File: image.png (196 KB, 340x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
196 KB, 340x600
>>27177503
Joker type. fairy and ghost counter, immune to dark but dark also immune to joker. Attacks have quirky effects to them, the enemy could be poisoned but joker uses an attack that does little damage but changes the status effect to a burn. joker is physical attacking with high hp, okay sp def, and high speed. moves like copycat, encore, perish song, would become joker type. Probably have a quirky ability like Mold Builder to mock Mold Breakers, completely negating its effect. Passive aggressive, annoying, u get the idea.
>>
>>27182553
all pokemon are biological creatures

nigga wat
>>
no idea how to name it but a "man made" type.
porgyon could fit into this since he really doesnt look like a normal type.
>>
>>27193268
No it's not, fool. It's the other way around. You can have plasma without fire, but not fire without plasma.
>>
File: typechart.png (58 KB, 752x829) Image search: [Google]
typechart.png
58 KB, 752x829
In the past, new types have mainly been introduced to rebalance things that got out of hand. Fairy's strengths and weaknesses come to mind, as well as lifting two of Steel's resistances to weaken Steel/Psychics and the newly introduced Aegislash.

Things we currently need in one or more types are:

Offensive:
Strong against Ghost, Electric
Weak against Rock, Ice, Psychic

Defensive:
Vulnerable to Bug, Psychic, Poison
Resistant to Ice, Ground, Rock, Fighting

Something related to peace, tranquility and meditation might work as a new type.
>>
File: beautiful.jpg (27 KB, 500x327) Image search: [Google]
beautiful.jpg
27 KB, 500x327
>>27178223
I love idea of Sound type.
Personaly I think Normal type could easily stop existing as it loose its main trait after gen two - It was ment to be an normal yet weird type. Now... it means just nothing.

Hyper beam/Giga Impact should become a move that uses Pokemon types as its own. You know - its the would become more like MOST POWERFULL MOVE as they always picture it
Thread replies: 250
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.