[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Pokemon can now have 3 types What would this end up causing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: literally nothing.png (3 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
literally nothing.png
3 KB, 800x600
>Pokemon can now have 3 types
What would this end up causing? Which Pokemon would get a 3rd type?
>>
>>27177086
If anything, Solgaleo. Why would they not make him Fire/Steel?
>>
>>27177245
Because he's the emissary of the sun, not the personification of the sun. (Also the sun's not fire)
>>
>>27177278
>also the sun's not fire
I wish this meme would die. It's plasma, sure. Guess what else is plasma? Fire.
>>
>>27177305
No
>>
Venomoth gets Flying/Bug/Poison and an actual ability
>>
>>27177305
Fire needs oxygen to stay lit. And what doesn't EMPTY space have OXYGEN.
>>
>>27177086
I'll throw a few out there.
Gyarados adds Dragon.
Gyarados trades its 4x weakness to Electric for a weakness to Electric, Dragon, Ice, and Fairy. It gains further resistance to Water and Fire, and a resistance to Grass. The final verdict? Not worth it.

Lugia gains the Water type. It gains a 4x weakness to Electric, and goes neutral to grass. It is no longer weak to Ice, and gains a resistance to Water and Fire. That 4x weakness just kills it, Zekrom just became more relevant.

Kyurem-White/Black gains the type of its absorbed dragon. Both get Stab on Fusion ___, which is good.
Black gains a weakness to ground, resistance to flying, neutrality to Steel, and 4x resistance of electric. Resisting Flying might be worth the ground weakness for Bravest Bird.

White gains neutrality to fairy, a few irrelevant resistances get buffed, and becomes weak to Ground and Rock. Not a good trade, but not that bad.

Gliscor gains poison, making it weak to psychic, resist fairy and grass. Psychic weakness probably outweighs benefits.
>>
>>27177305
Fire is not plasma. Plasma is a state of matter, Fire is an ongoing exchange of matter to energy.
>>
>>27177428
This
>>
>>27177359
>>27177428
So what you're saying is the Sun isn't fire, it's actually psychic
>>
>>27177428
You're right, my bad.
>>
>>27177518
I think they're Psychic type because they have a relation with space, and most pokemon from space are Psychic type.
>>
>>27177518
No the Sun is electric. Electricity is a type of plasma. A really shitty type but a type no less.
>>
>H-He's not fire because the sun is made of plasma!
>I-It wouldn't make any sense if he was a fire type!

Explain what Psychic or Steel have to do with the Sun. I'll wait.

Fire would make more sense than either of those.
>>
>>27177623
See >>27177569

And steel because of the alchemy shit, if you believe it.
>>
>>27177623
Fire would only make sense if Solgeleo produced heat like volcarona
>>
>>27177683
Shouldn't a sun pokemon be weak to steel though?
>>
>>27177728
Only if the pokemon was literally the sun, which Solgaleo isn't.
>>
>>27177623
He doesn't represent the sun, he's just the emissary of it you retard
>>
>>27177623
Iron is the end product of a star, so Steel because we don't have an Iron type.

If a thing has the ability to exert control over the cosmos, and you remember that a planet, and the things on it inhabit that cosmos, than it stands to reason that the thing could exert control over things on that planet. That sounds a lot like psychic powers, right?
>>
>>27177788
Script kiddie.
>>
File: 1456919530820.jpg (31 KB, 270x360) Image search: [Google]
1456919530820.jpg
31 KB, 270x360
>>27177838
>He doesn't represent the sun
>you retard
>emissary
>a person sent as a diplomatic representative on a special mission.
>representative
>>
>>27177518
Psychic-type=Space/Cosmic-type (for now at least)
>>
>>27177943
That... is such a stretch. I don't even care about Solgaleo's typing that much, (I thought Fire was a plasma) but that excuse for a Psychic-typing is so much of a stretch Mr. Fantastic is jealous.
>>
>>27177245
https://youtu.be/ElwivsXrg04
>>
>>27178094
Many Pokemon like Cresselia, Solrock, Lunatone, and the Beheeyem line are all related with the cosmos, and they're all psychic time.

Honestly the only Pokemon that isn't is Clefairy's line.
>>
>>27177086
Volcarona becomes part flying and dies instantly to Stealth Rock.
>>
Third typings should be something dormant and uncommon like Hidden Abilities that is only reflected in STAB coverage and not in type matchups.
>Gyarados gets Dragon
>Vibrava and Flygon get Bug
>Yanmega gets Dragon
>Blaziken gets Flying
>Butterfree and Venomoth get Psychic
>>
>>27178179
Related, Parasect gains Ice. When asked why, despite no obvious reasoning, Masuda simply flipped open his lighter and went on record saying "haha, I don't know"
>>
>>27177086
Lugia gains water
Gligar gains poison
Pumpkaboo gains fire
>>
>what is trick-or-treat
>what is forest's curse
>>
>>27177086
I think having three types would be a nice addition for the Kyurem forms, where Kyurem-Black becomes Ice/Dragon/Electric and Kyurem-White becomes Ice/Dragon/Fire.

Also:
Drapion could gain Bug
Lucario could gain Psychic
Rotom could keep the Ghost type when it changes form
Flygon could gain Bug
>>
>>27177428
Fire IS plasma, if a gas is hot enough to be seen it's certainly plasma.

http://www.askamathematician.com/2013/05/q-is-fire-a-plasma-what-is-plasma/
>>
Beedrill
Venomoth
Dustox

Bug/Poison/Flying

Levitate as an option would be far better on average, though.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.