[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/heg/ - Hacking and Essentials General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: Sketchbook mockup.png (1 MB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Sketchbook mockup.png
1 MB, 900x900
Notable ROM hacks: pastebin.com/hMRJR8KX
Getting started on your own hack: http://pastebin.com/fjGZfMzP

Essentials:
Essentials Wiki: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Essentials_Wiki
RMXP Tilesets: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sd99pug37y4v4se/Ziddy%27s+DS+Style+Tilesets+RMXP+.rar
http://imgur.com/a/CiudS (WIP Gen 5 tiles)

Sites for sharing games:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/ (better for ROM hacks)
http://reliccastle.com/forums/ (better foir Essentials games)

The leaks shut us down for days...
TotT: Who else is participating in the Game Jam?
>>
don't die /heg/
>>
I'm pretty new to this scene, so I won't be participating in the Game Jam. I've seen your first town's map, though, Max, and I'm already excited!

Also, has the anon who coded pokemon to have randomized palettes finished that yet? I'd love to try it out and tinker with it a bit.
>>
is it okay for my "second screen" to be higher res than the rest of the game? If I want to make them the same should I make the tiles 32x or lower the second screen resolution?
>>
File: nlirCZM7.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
nlirCZM7.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
HELLOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>27179597
>>27182243
Haha wow that's sad :c
>>
File: bug_panorama.png (33 KB, 512x385) Image search: [Google]
bug_panorama.png
33 KB, 512x385
There is this problem with essential where panoramas and fogs don't work with map connection, anybody has an idea on how to fix it ?
>>
>>27182306
The Dooring will never end.
>>
>>27183224
What tiles are those?
>>
I want to get into romhacking. What's the best for starting out?

It says FireRed is more documented, but that's pretty vague.
>>
Looking for more ideas on the following:

Trying to make the pokemons personality more meaningful to gameplay.

Currently happiness level affects accuracy and criticals.

So certain npcs will ask to interact with your lead pokemon. For instance, an energetic child wants to pet it. Your choice affects pokemon happiness. A timid pokemon would not want to be pet, but a brave pokemon would. Other ncps will offer to play music in the room, some might ask what gift to give your pokemon, all having to do with natures.
>>
>>27183761

The grass and house are from me, the trees, tall grass and hills are from Zeo254.
And there are other random tiles for kyle-dove and official games.
>>
Have a new 3ds xl and no pc, just a smartphone. Anyway for me to edit/inject?
>>
>>27183224
Were you the one who posted the tileset a few threads ago? Could you post again? And possibly your interior? I never got to save it.
>>
>>27176893
The leaks didn't shut us down, it's the fucking GO spam. Even today it's still pretty bad, we don't have 50+ threads anymore but we still have more than 30.
>>
>>27185945
I'm not the anon you're thinking about, but I can post the tileset of that particular map if you want tho.
>>
I want to play in classic Johto, but not through GSC again. I want a new adventure in Johto. What's the best rom for playing through a new adventure in classic Johto?

Right now I'm thinking of trying Anniversary Crystal, since I know it starts off in Kanto and ends up in Johto, but I dunno. Any other good Roms?
>>
I want to play a randomized firered nuzlocke with zero alterations to the actual game and only minor? edits as follows;
-Add all pre/evolutions from gen IV
-Add fairy type, and fairy type moves
-Add phys/special split
-Moemon sprites
That's it. That's all I want. How to do?
>>
>>27186271
TPPAC is good but it doesn't sound like what you're looking for, the plot, once you get to Johto at least, is pretty much identical to vanilla Crystal.

You could try CrystalDust, it's a remake of Crystal in Gen 3. It's not complete but it's super accurate.
>>
File: Forest_Tiles.png (291 KB, 1146x480) Image search: [Google]
Forest_Tiles.png
291 KB, 1146x480
I'm probably going to add Lambda's tiles to the album in the OP, once I finish.
Someone could probably find use in muted gen 5 tiles.
>>
>>27176893
What is the game jam?
>>
>>27186178
I would yes. Thank you kindly.
>>
File: TILESET_ARDENCE_1X2.png (34 KB, 256x1152) Image search: [Google]
TILESET_ARDENCE_1X2.png
34 KB, 256x1152
>>27187568
Here it is.
>>
>>27187568
A competition where people make short Essentials fangames from scratch in like a month's time.

I'd enter but I'm a ROMhacker (and a shitty one at that, so I don't know if I could make anything substantial in a month).
>>
>>27187866
When is it? Sounds interesting.

Would anyone be interested in a Pokemon academy game? Does anyone have any ideas for a story for such a game?

It would be set in a boarding school, or generic anime school. It would be more focused on daily life than battling. I'm thinking that it would be cool to include relationship levels with your classmates.
>>
>>27187734
Thanks, been working on sort of woodsy tiles.

Would y'all be interested in making like a giant tileset? Where we add stuff and everyone is free to use the stuff in it? I've made like 50 new tiles and some stuff that still needs polishing, feel like combining efforts would help us all out a bit.
>>
>>27188759
That'd be cool, there should be a 3rd gen and 5th gen one.
>>
Any good rom hacks for FR/LG?
I want to play the original, except the battles are tougher. I don't want any of that bullshit with pokemon from other regions, I just want the regular game with tougher enemies
>>
>>27176893
I've been having fun with randomizers, but is there a similar program that will let me edit values one by one instead of scrambling it all?
>>
>>27188965
Fo sho. I'll toss my gen 3s up tonight. Would a Google doc be best? What's the best way to let people edit it over time?
>>
Which is better: Ash's Quest or Ash Grey?
>>
File: Reversal_Mountain_W.png (28 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
Reversal_Mountain_W.png
28 KB, 256x192
Holy shit FUCK Reversal Mountain.

I love the song, but then I tried porting it to Crystal and it's the most frustrating experience I've ever had with ROMhacking. The trumpet sections themselves were a pain in the ass even without syncing them with the other channels because of how freeform they are, getting it to sync up with the string and percussion was its own nightmare, and THOSE FUCKING BELLS. Fuck those bells so much, it took me way too long to get them to at least somewhat match the rest of the song without sounding like they're off-rhythm, and even after that it sounds like you're switching from one song to another when the bells start and stop.

Hopefully the effort was worth it.

https://soundcloud.com/mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-1/reversal-mountain-white-gbc-8-bit
http://pastebin.com/mUzX8S44
>>
>>27186819
I'll also give away fogs with parameters as well
>>
Would any of you be interested in a magic-based reboot/reimagining of Pokémon featuring entirely new "Pokémon" set in a fantasy setting?
>>
Newfag here, what's a good hack to learn from? I'll post updates when I have progress to show
>>
>>27196232
>magic

no its probably gonna be some mideival shit with dragons and english accents
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.