[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, we've seen quite a number of new pokemon by this point.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
So, we've seen quite a number of new pokemon by this point. How do you feel about them overall compared to previous gens?
>>
Better than the entirety of Johto's dex already.
>>
>>27173578
(You)
>>
same over cartoony cutesy shit we've been getting for the past 3-4 gens. It's not better or worse. Though the art is a lot worse. Bring Sugimori back please.
>>
>>27173525
I like them. They all fit well with the Hawaii theme and feel very exotic, although that could just be me and the fact that we haven't seen new Pokemon since 2013. I just hope we have at least 100 or above. I don't want to go on multiple routes and areas and have old gen Pokemon drown out the new ones
>>
>>27173525
Absolutely fucking outstanding so far. Not a single disliked design.
>>
>>27173578
Came in here to say exactly this

Well above Johto's batting average and a little higher than Sinnoh's. Starters are worryingly Unovaesque, though, which makes me concerned for their final forms.
>>
Besides legendaries (Which are always a bit over-design since Mewtwo) I love ALL of them.

They're all unique, exotic, heavy on concept and they either have unique typing or cool abilities.

Even the common ones have a nice strategy already to use them, and absolutely each of the design are risked designs which talks really well about the guts of GameFreak on taking new and interesting steps for the franchise.
>>
>>27173525
Are these crops or did kickytan make them for this picture?
If they're just for the picture, what does it mean?
>>
>>27174085
it's an expression chart
>>
>>27174034
Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but mind if you explain what "Unovaesque" implies? What qualities do the Gen V starters have that stand out to you from others?

And, personally, I think the first forms look great; Snivy's great, Tepig's great, Oshawott's average. Then, the second forms are all pretty good, and it's the final forms that catch me off guard. I love Serperior, Emboar's okay-ish, and Samurott looks a bit better, but doesn't absolutely wow me either.
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
I really like most of the designs, with the sole exception of Murderpanda (I get that it's supposed to be a giant teddy bear, but it's still a little simply-designed for my tastes).

One thing that surprises me is how subdued the color palette for the new 'mons is for a tropical area based on Hawaii. So far only Bruxish, Vikavolt, and maybe Drampa feel really "tropical" to me. On the other hand, every single reveal so far does have a nice individual color scheme, so I'm really not gonna complain about colors in general.
>>
>>27173525
I want to fuck Solgaleo.
>>
>>27173525
Designs are very hit or miss, but a lot of mons look like they will shake up the metagame, which is interesting
>>
>>27173525
This is the most i've liked a new gen in over a decade. The only one I don't really like is the pedobear, and even he's started to grow on me.
>>
>>27174350
Honestly Pedobear isn't that bad, he just feels out of place.
>>
I like them. I'm getting a strong Gen V feel, which is a very good thing, as that was perhaps my favorite gen of pokemon (tied with II).

Out of the entirety of Gen VI I found maybe one or two I liked. There have only been a few revealed so far and I already really like three of them. That's pretty good, as I'm super picky with which pokemon I want and like.
>>
best since gen 3 so far but they have a lot of room to fuck it up, and i wouldn't put it past them
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.